rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Snapchat is dying

Snapchat is dying

Snap views are going down along alongside decreasing monthly users. The killer was Instagram's Stories clone.

Quote:Quote:

Most reported declines in Snapchat Stories view counts ranging from 15 to 40 percent, and a reduction in how often they or those they monitor post to Snapchat Stories. Meanwhile, our sources report rapidly growing view counts on Instagram Stories, and engagement-to-follower rates one social influencer talent agent called “Insanely f*cking high”.

[...]

In the 25 weeks since launch, Instagram Stories has reached 150 million daily users. That’s the same number of users that Snapchat’s whole app reportedly hit around June 2016, after seeing swift growth from 110 million daily users in December 2015, Bloomberg reported.

[...]

Social talent agent Charlie Buffin who represents some former Vine stars says one of his top creators was averaging 330,000 views per day on Snapchat in late 2015 until June 2016. But by December, they were receiving 205,000 to 250,000 views per day.

“It is clear to us that regular users’ Snapchat usage/engagement have gone down significantly since the release of Instagram Stories” writes Buffin. He also noted that “Snapchat removing the Auto-Advance feature has affected the natural ‘binge-watching experience’ for consumers, which is really cutting into views for creators.” But Snap Inc doesn’t seem to care. “Snapchat has always remained distant from its creator community, which is not a strong move for the company” Buffin concluded.

[Image: snapchat-unique-viewer-decrease.png?w=680&h=444]

https://techcrunch.com/2017/01/30/attack-of-the-clone/

Its IPO is also not doing so well.

Quote:Quote:

It's another down day for Snap, the parent company behind messaging app Snapchat. The stock briefly fell below $19.00 per share and is down almost 4% today. The current price is just around $2 above its IPO price of $17.00.

Many analysts have a negative view of the stock, believing it will follow in the footsteps of tech companies like GoPro and Twitter that have struggled since going public rather than mirror the success story at Facebook.

http://markets.businessinsider.com/news/...1001846576

I'm noticing that the e-celebs I follow on Snapchat are crossposting to Instagram's Stories, meaning I don't need to open Snapchat as much. And Instagram also has the pictures and explore tab that Snapchat doesn't have. With Whatsapp also cloning Snapchat's signature feature, I think this will spell the end of Snapchat.

Snapchat is dying

That sucks, I much prefer snapchat to instagram. Snapchat requires so much less effort. Plus fuck mark zuckerberg.

Snapchat is dying

I guess I'm old. I haven't used any of this shit. I don't even have Facespace anymore. It's lame.

Snapchat is dying

good, always disliked this app therefore I never used it. But its just another way for people to fuel their narccissm these days

Snapchat is dying

Tech Bubble 2.0

"A happy man is a happy everybody else in his life."

"Ladies if you want to make your man happy, think about what makes you happy and do exactly the opposite."

"Hey how you doin' and I hope you know that I'm an upgrade for your stupid daughter." - Patrice O'Neal

Snapchat is dying

Thank god.... I have this app but rarely ever opened it. I ended up adding some cute teen on Snapchat in Albania on there. A few weeks later I'm sitting on my throne taking a stank ass shit, an out of boredom I open Snapchat. I see a little purple box with a one on it in the bottom corner and click on it. An its just this hoe walking down the street with dog ears and a dog tongue coming out of her mouth... I watch for 15 seconds or so before closing the app and asking myself "What am I doing with my life?" Why the fuck is this even a thing.... the more I venture into areas of social media and modern culture the closer I get to going the route of Ben Cash from Captain Fantastic

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Snapchat is dying

Quote: (03-18-2017 12:35 PM)IveBeenFramed Wrote:  

Tech Bubble 2.0

There's definitely an "app bubble" for sure. Even if something can reach a lot of people there's only so many advertising dollars to go around. Also I'd venture to guess that a lot of the demographics using these apps aren't the people that have the money to pay for the products being advertised.

Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

Snapchat is dying

The social stars you see cross posting on all platforms are doing so because they have no incentive to post on Snapchat. Snapchat wants to own/control all of its content, so its cutting off its nose to spite its face, by forcing these social celebs go elsewhere. They are openly anti-social celeb. The same celebs that made instagram/youtube popular now are getting cut off by Snapchat, which limits the amount of cool content on the app, which give us less reason to watch. No one is getting any real value out of the platform yet, like the did immediately with Google and Facebook. Unless they open it up, I see it shrinking and dying a slow death like Twitter. Mostly its a platform for girls and women. I would compare it more closely with Pinterest.

Snapchat is dying

Anyone who bought the stock as anything but a short term trend buy on it's IPO are idiots.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Snapchat is dying

Can we short it?

Anything based essentially on dick pics etc was always a bad idea to invest in (long term).

In any case, telegram has secret chats that make it superior and less annoying than dealing with [western] attention whores over and over and over.

Snapchat is dying

Can you take screenshots of IG stories without it alerting the sender?

Snapchat is dying

Quote: (03-18-2017 03:14 PM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  

Can you take screenshots of IG stories without it alerting the sender?

Just use another camera to take a photo of your phone screen.

Likes denote appreciation, not necessarily agreement |Stay Anonymous Online Datasheet| Unmissable video on Free Speech

Snapchat is dying

The point of SNAP was to send bishes dick pics and share insider information. These niggas thought they were Mark Suckerberg 2.0 and blew themselves out of aspiness.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Snapchat is dying

This is 100% true as I'm using snapchat less and have less views.

This is exactly what happened to Vine - IG introduced short videos - which killed usage of Vine.

Instagram will ALWAYS be the go to.

Pics/Video/Boomerang/Stories/etc

Their will always be new features with IG and it has the most end users.

I noticed an uptick of people using the live stories on IG and posting their own stories as well.

Why would you have Snapchat & IG to post double the stories ? Doesn't makes sense.

The only thing snapchat is good for is the filters and geo filters.

You know IG is working on something like this.

Snapchat is dying

Quote: (03-18-2017 02:06 PM)Kid Twist Wrote:  

Can we short it?

Anything based essentially on dick pics etc was always a bad idea to invest in (long term).

In any case, telegram has secret chats that make it superior and less annoying than dealing with [western] attention whores over and over and over.

I think you have to start shorting things before they're in the shitter.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Snapchat is dying

Is Snapchat something other than dumbass millenials taking selfies and putting dog ears and tongue on their head. The latest issue of time magazine had that Snapchat asshole with dog ears and tongue on the cover. I haven't wanted to punch something so bad in a long time. It was titled "the next generation of leaders" and they just fellated profiled a bunch of sjw asshole celebs.

Snapchat is dying

Quote: (03-18-2017 04:20 PM)porscheguy Wrote:  

Is Snapchat something other than dumbass millenials taking selfies and putting dog ears and tongue on their head. The latest issue of time magazine had that Snapchat asshole with dog ears and tongue on the cover. I haven't wanted to punch something so bad in a long time. It was titled "the next generation of leaders" and they just fellated profiled a bunch of sjw asshole celebs.

I work with a bunch of millenials. It's too bad it's illegal to pop someone in the mouth.

Snapchat is dying

Snapchat is having the same problem Vine had, they had a popularity with teens and pre-teens, many of the most well known e-celeb are early 20s people, the thing is, in the early days the user base watch content randomly, eventually there is going to be top user creators getting most of the views.

Many of the users change behavior as they age, Vine was active for 4 years, meaning any 14 years old back when Vine was created is now 18, any 16 years old is now 20, and we all know how fast teens move from trend to trend, like a little girl going from Dora The Explorer to Hanna Montana then to Lady Gaga.

Famous Vine users like King Bach made the move to YouTube and Instagram once Vine started to fade away, Snapchat is turning into the new Vine.

Snapchat is dying

I still don't see the value proposition for instagram and snapchat for me.

I'm not sure what need it fills in my life (34 year old guy).

I focus on my own life, so instagram seems pointless, and snapchat, I mean I just text or call people when I want to communicate.

Judging by their valuations, I must be in the minority.

That, or the valuation is a bubble.

Snapchat is dying

I guess Evan will never get obligation sex from Miranda Kerr now. [Image: sad.gif] [Image: sad.gif] [Image: sad.gif]

Likes denote appreciation, not necessarily agreement |Stay Anonymous Online Datasheet| Unmissable video on Free Speech

Snapchat is dying

Quote: (03-18-2017 05:16 PM)Spaniard88 Wrote:  

I focus on my own life, so instagram seems pointless, and snapchat, I mean I just text or call people when I want to communicate.

"They wanted Flying cars and we gave them 140 Characters" - Peter Thiel

The problem with these tech companies is that they don't really meet any basic need beside that of attention whoring and making yourself feel good. I've quit Facebook and Instagram over the past month, and I'm never going back, and I'm a 23 year old kid. I have plenty of friends that are dropping off the face of the social media Earth too, privacy is starting to be cool again. I don't want people knowing who I'm dating, what successes I've achieved, or really anything more than my name before they really get to know me. Those that matter in my life have my phone number or email, and if they don't then I didn't want them in my life for the long term.

Things will come full circle.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Snapchat is dying

@TheFinalEpic

I am hoping you are the face of things to come in this respect. Respect.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Snapchat is dying

Quote: (03-18-2017 05:32 PM)TheFinalEpic Wrote:  

Quote: (03-18-2017 05:16 PM)Spaniard88 Wrote:  

"They wanted Flying cars and we gave them 140 Characters" - Peter Thiel

The problem with these tech companies is that they don't really meet any basic need beside that of attention whoring and making yourself feel good. I've quit Facebook and Instagram over the past month, and I'm never going back, and I'm a 23 year old kid. I have plenty of friends that are dropping off the face of the social media Earth too, privacy is starting to be cool again. I don't want people knowing who I'm dating, what successes I've achieved, or really anything more than my name before they really get to know me. Those that matter in my life have my phone number or email, and if they don't then I didn't want them in my life for the long term.

Things will come full circle.

From what I see, most people I know are not even using Facebook or Instagram that often, they are normally on LinkedIn just for professional reasons, since LinkedIn is just a online resume social media, you don't need to really post anything on it, not annoying kids pictures or minions quotes.

Snapchat is dying

Quote: (03-18-2017 06:30 PM)Latinopan Wrote:  

From what I see, most people I know are not even using Facebook or Instagram that often, they are normally on LinkedIn just for professional reasons, since LinkedIn is just a online resume social media, you don't need to really post anything on it, not annoying kids pictures or minions quotes.

You say that, but there's plenty of attention whoring and self-promotion going on if you bother looking at your LinkedIn feed.

I don't know how people think it makes them more employable when they display the same behaviour as 12yo girls, just in suits.

Snapchat is dying

I'm convinced that all of these things were invented by the CIA to track us. We voluntarily type in what books and movies we like and who we're dating and every one of our friends.

The CIA must jack off to this shit. We make it so easy.