rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Trump Wall(tm). Predictions.

So at some stage President Trump will be called on to make good on his promise to build a wall.

I'm interested to hear what members think the outcome will be. Poll aside, what kind of specifics are the members here willing to predict?

[Image: BORDER-jumbo-master1050.jpg]
[Image: ICE-SWAT.jpg]
[Image: th?id=OIP.M0f617b84b238752c80d4183de45223ffo0&pid=15.1]
[Image: th?id=OIP.M6f56ad36f70b20a4c74364b1b75794fao0&pid=15.1]
[Image: border-wall1.jpg]

Serious thread. This may be the make/break issue for his presidency. How will it come together and in what time frame? Get in early so you can brag later if you get it right.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Oh, the wall's going to get built, don't even worry about it, don't even worry about it, folks.

In true Trump fashion, it will be built "under budget and ahead of schedule." Anyone who doubts his ability to get shit done should read his book "Trump: The Art of the Deal," and find out how he rebuilt Wollman Rink (the famous outdoor ice rink in New York City) after government bureaucrats had fumbled around and fucked it up for years.

Inbetween option 2 and 3 with some symbolic sections of 4 - in totality it will not cover the whole border. Ground break for project 9 months from now. It will not get completed though unless he wins a 2nd term.

Quote: (11-12-2016 08:49 PM)floor7 Wrote:  

Inbetween option 2 and 3 with some symbolic sections of 4 - in totality it will not cover the whole border. Ground break for project 9 months from now. It will not get completed though unless he wins a 2nd term.

Strong thoughts. Good details. Much prediction.

There are bound to be some areas that are more passable than others which require different levels of fortification.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Even with Trump I will believe it when it see it. The Government has promised but not delivered so often. Even if its metaphorically (and works well) i will believe it when i see it. It would be nice to be surprised in a positive way from Washington and the White House for a change.

I would firmly accept enforcing current immigration law and removing the ass-holiness in acquiring a green card for those legally in the country. That would include deporting those illegally in the country. I know people who have guided through the process of legally staying in the US and its not fun.

I think they'll go with multiple rows of chain link and a road between for border patrol. Maybe increased patrols in areas where the terrain is difficult but passable, but it's not worth building an actual fence because there is no vehicle path through the terrain. It would be smart to use something like those tethered blimp cameras or drones for surveillance in hot spots, too.

I don't think a solid wall would be that great, simply because you want to be able to see through the fences to make patrols a lot easier. It's not really a fortification, after all.

I also doubt much will happen with the actual wall building until we primary the cucks in congress in 2018. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Edit - I voted the chain link option as the closest to what I envision.

Mexicans are seriously butt hurt about the wall but their government did nothing to stem illegal immigration when it had the chance. Boo hoo.

The nice thing about the wall is that future cuck presidents (god forbid) won't be able to undo it as easily as policy.

The wall will be great but let's not forget that not all illegal immigration comes from Latin American -- and visa overstays are also an issue. That will have to be aggressively addressed as well.

I write this while nibbling on some fine Oaxacan (Mexican) cheese, drinking Chilean wine and listening to pretty good mariachis a half block down the street.

So far it looks like we expect the concrete slash Ryan-eating bear market to grow exponentially.

Some ideas...

[Image: bc5983b67a44bcede801e2ff363b54e0_XL.jpg]

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Quote: (11-12-2016 09:00 PM)ivansirko Wrote:  

Even with Trump I will believe it when it see it. The Government has promised but not delivered so often. Even if its metaphorically (and works well) i will believe it when i see it. It would be nice to be surprised in a positive way from Washington and the White House for a change.

I would firmly accept enforcing current immigration law and removing the ass-holiness in acquiring a green card for those legally in the country. That would include deporting those illegally in the country. I know people who have guided through the process of legally staying in the US and its not fun.

NO! The point of the Wall and of immigration restriction in general is to reduce the number of foreigners entering and staying in the country, thus preserving it for those to whom it belongs, the current citizens.

I don't give a fuck if the foreigners present in the USA are present because they waltzed in across an undefended border or because they received a magic green-ticket given out in copious volume that allowed them to get in "legally." It is their presence on my property, not the route by which they arrived, that makes the demographic difference.

Wake the fuck up. We were this close to total catastrophe just a few days ago, due primarily to demographic transformation. Now is the time to be kicking as many foreigners out as possible, by hook or by crook if necessary. Deport them if they're illegals. Cancel their visas if they're here on a temporary basis but on a track to permanent status and eventual citizenship/voting. Pay the ones who have green cards already to relinquish them and GTFO whence they came. We may not be able to avert eventual minority status and the inevitable oppression that will follow once that status is reached, but we can at least try and delay it as long as possible.

But for fucks sake don't make it easier for them to get in here. When the Johnny Come Lately 's vote themselves your house, your paycheck, and your wife, are you really gonna be relieved that at least they put themselves in that position "legally?"

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/...cials.html

8-1(+800) to "Build a wall covering the entire US-Mexican border while President".

This could be another good opportunity.

Option 6 - Mexicans will find a way to climb over the Reinforced concrete 50 feet thick, 100 feet tall, patrolled by Ryan-eating bears wall.

There needs to be a moat filled by liberal tears.

[Image: ds9-facets12.jpg?w=468]

It would have to be solid enough to do the job and require little to no maintenance/upkeep such that future left wing administrations cannot easily dismantle it. Of course, I am more concerned about Buddhists crossing over from Canada than some Mexicans.

The wall+deportation+elimination of sanctuary cities+self deportation+elimination of DACA+fine to companies hiring illegals+collaboration of local and state police with federal inmigration agency.

But one thing has not been mention, every politicians trying to protect people in the USA illegally should be treated as treason.

I don't care if is a representative, the governor or the mayor of the state.

Protecting illegals is a national security risk.

Probably like the Israeli Wall:

[Image: israeli-wall14.jpg]

[Image: ouro.583.1.jpg]

Except 10 feet taller of course!

On a more serious note, I'm not sure we will see 2000 miles of pure, beautiful concrete wall. It will probably be a mix of mostly a multi-layered fence system, and a true wall only where it makes sense and looks good, supported by technical measures like drone surveillance, motion detectors and other sensors.

The biggest difference to today won't be the changes to the border protection system, but that the law will finally be enforced, appropriate funding and equipment provided, and border patrol allowed to get serious about their job.

The logistics of making a wall are daunting to say at the least. In East Germany people braved chain link barriers, searchlights and machine gun turrets for a shot at a better life. As long as there are opportunities in the US people will be braving any kind of wall in any number of ingenious way.

Focus should be put on nailing the facilitators, the people employing, transporting and housing illegals. You have the target the incentives, a physical barrier will only show to be costly and ineffective

Quote: (11-13-2016 06:29 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

The logistics of making a wall are daunting to say at the least. In East Germany people braved chain link barriers, searchlights and machine gun turrets for a shot at a better life. As long as there are opportunities in the US people will be braving any kind of wall in any number of ingenious way.

Focus should be put on nailing the facilitators, the people employing, transporting and housing illegals. You have the target the incentives, a physical barrier will only show to be costly and ineffective

Remember that besides the wall, every incentive to be illegal in the USA removed then people will know they can't just cash in the system.

There are already reports of futures illegals cancelling crossing the border after Trump winning.

Quote: (11-13-2016 06:29 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

It didn't stop them, but the numbers were drastically reduced.

Cost to build is 10 billion - chump change. And according to experts could be completed within a presidentia term - so if Mr Trump is in charge, you could halve that.

There seems to be an idea that building a wall is an absolutely crazy, unprecendented idea which .would never work. Here is a current list of countries with border barriers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Border_barrier

^And the East Germans were still Germans who spoke German and often had German relatives in the West and were fleeing a genuine Communist hell, not an upscale banana republic.

Factors.

Aside, it would be great to see Trump spend US federal money on guys actually building stuff. The amount of money that gets dumped in the laps of do-nothing bureaucrats and professional productivity destroyers is ridiculous.

Quote: (11-13-2016 06:54 AM)Horus Wrote:  

There seems to be an idea that building a wall is an absolutely crazy, unprecendented idea which .would never work. Here is a current list of countries with border barriers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Border_barrier

There is a different between building a wall across a country and doing it to separate two or more country.

Quote: (11-12-2016 11:30 PM)Lizard King Wrote:  

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/...cials.html

8-1(+800) to "Build a wall covering the entire US-Mexican border while President".

This could be another good opportunity.

There are parts of the border that are geographically difficult.

Last I heard, Trump's official policy is to build the wall for a portion of the border, not the entire length.

So many different ways to lose this bet - I wouldn't take it.