rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Foreigner Value Overseas

Foreigner Value Overseas

I have been meaning to chime in on the posts about how value of foreigners, white or otherwise, seems to be dropping below that of the local guys in many countries. Seems like a lot of "intel" is being dropped by posters in former P-Paridise locations, Kiev, Bangkok and Manila, for starters, and some solid spots heretofore, like China (Hangzhou, Shenzhen, Shanghai, etc.) and Colombia. Other spots as well.

In the past few months, i've been on the move (if you're surprised, I guess you don't know me very well). This year alone I've spent time in Austria, Hungary, France, Greece, Switzerland, Argentina, Malaysia, China (north and south), Hong Kong, Vietnam, the Philippines, Thailand, Qatar, Indonesia, Cambodia, Nepal, Bangladesh, the USA and the Bahamas. I've been to Thailand, Bangladesh, the Philippines and Indonesia multiple times this year alone. I've travelled around China a decent amount.

I am a keen observer (I hope) of human behavior. I tend to watch interactions women have in public pretty carefully. Also, as I enter the third quartile of life, I have a decent amount of experience on which to base comparisons, and a high enough notch count, many with fine women, that my opinion should carry some weight. Its just one vote, but its an informed vote.

And here's my opinion about these threads and opinions.

Man the fuck up.

I've never seen so much whining from guys who in one breath spout about their masculinity, beating their chests in a crescendo of rising testosterone in one breathe, and then complaining about not being able to get their dicks wet in the next.

I am fortunate enough to travel around and meet up with some of the most well known posters on the travel boards. Our group (and we meet up often) is the BGM meet up group - we've met in Bangkok and in Manila this year, and there was a third meeting in Saigon which I was unable to attend due to other travel. I've separately met up with forum members on at least five or six other trips Ive taken just the first nine months of this year, both including guys who are part of the BGM meet ups and other guys who are well-known, well-travelled posters.

Let me tell you, Chicken Little. The sky isn't falling, not quite yet. I've had a fucking banner year, at 46, for laying high-end broads. Last year was pretty damn good too. I'm no more handsome than the next guy, I don't hit the gym near enough, my scalp is becoming more and more visible through my hair, and I'm far from loaded (though I admit, I can project that lifestyle pretty well). I cannot (and won't try to) count my notches this year - dozens of girls, in various countries, have gotten Global Entried. Don't believe me - well, there are plenty of guys here to substantiate, and also, fuck you.

And I am not just talking about the Philippines. Yes, of course i dipped my wick repeatedly (including with some quality tail, again verifiable by a super-respected forum member) when I was there twice this year - why wouldn't I. However, China, being claimed in various threads, including my SZ thread, as a locale where game has stopped working - well, I unfortunately broke off with my LTR a month ago (a good gal, but just not quite the right match I guess), and the shit is already rocking and rolling. I don't speak great Chinese. I try, and I am trying more now. And I don't see the enormous issue all of a sudden with getting laid in China.

And while we're on the subject of China, two points.

1. And this applies across the board - being white is not game. If you think your game is being white, you have no game. Can it be an advantage some places - sure. But in general, you get what you pay for and if you're relying on being white and being white alone, you'll hit a ceiling fairly fucking quickly.

2. Those of you arguing that knowing the language in the country in which you live (at least speaking and understanding it) has no value - are you kidding me? In what world is this possible. Would you move back to the USA/England/Australia/France/Italy/Germany/wherever you came from and not want to be able to speak your local language? If not, then shut the fuck up about learning Chinese in China, Thai in Thailand, Japanese in Japan, arabic in the middle east, having no value. How much value, well, thats in part up to you and how you use it in your career, social circumstances, etc. I guess you have the option to crawl back into your grandmother's basement instead and read some more manga online, but for those of us actually living in the world and interacting and communicating....please stop it with that ridiculousness.

Every day recently it seems there is a new post or five, if not a new thread, about how this place or that place is played out. Makes me not even want to look at the travel forum, and I am not alone in this reaction. Guys saying Ukraine (which admittedly I haven't visited but is a familiar locale to many of our group) is played out based on a single street in the country being overrun with PUA bullshit. OK, so how about trying somewhere else. (Maybe getting out of the center, or into a different city (local language would be useful, huh??). Same shit with Bangkok, guys whining about competition for (hookers) girls on Soi 11. I've never failed there to bang good looking women (character might be a different issue). Bangkok is fucking enormous. Where else have you tried - other than Soi 11/Route 66? BKK played out - even if that were possibly true, its a country of what, 100 million people - one city is done. How about trying something new, rather than whining about the fact that your regurgitated attempts at an existence aren't as fulfilling as you hoped - perhaps they're only commensurate to the effort you've put in.

Finally, and I really mean this, for guys running game on holiday, if you're traveling solely to get laid, then you should consider the fact that perhaps the issue is you haven't worked enough on yourself to be interesting to the type of women you desire. Life experience is interesting - a foreigner with some life experience, with some judgment and experience in the local culture, enough at least so as not to embarrass himself (I could tell you stories in China/Thailand about foreigners inadvertently insulting people and embarrassing themselves). In general, guys who travel solely to get laid, well, they're not nearly as likely to have that kind of life experience that would make them more interesting than the average yard snail.

Enough whining - take control of your situation and figure it out. Its not rocket science (as Kai likes to say). Differentiate yourself. Try to understand the local population a little bit - you might get a lot further than just viewing local girls as fish for sale on a table. Throw in a little empathy (which comes first from a basic understanding of the culture, and which is typically not developed by standing around on Soi 11).

And enjoy the travel for what its worth - the surest way not to get laid (with a chick worth laying) is to look like you're trying really hard to get laid.

I've referral links for most credit cards, PM me for them & thanks if you use them
Strip away judeo-christian ethics ingraining sex is dirty/bad & the idea we're taking advantage of these girls disintegrates. Once you've lost that ethical quandary (which it isn't outside religion) then they've no reason to play the victim, you've no reason to feel the rogue. The interaction is to their benefit.
Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

Foreigner Value Overseas

FUCK YES. Let's sticky this and refer all future "it's drying up" threads here.

Foreigner Value Overseas

Not picking on anyone, but just for starters...

Quote: (04-20-2016 05:17 PM)Vinny Wrote:  

Recently the travel section of the forum is overrun with threads about lost pussy paradises, and how all countries one by one are going in decline and pussy rivers run dry. Brasil, Colombia, Baltic States, Checz Republic, the list goes on and on.
Social media and spreading of feminism ideas contribute to this. Players overhunting and exhausting local female resource contribute a lot too.
Get on the wave or drown under it. If you are not improving your game and not visiting hot spots while they are still good, you are not going to stop the decline. Others will cause damage instead of you. You will just miss the chance to experience it yourself.
As the places become less and less attractive, we like explorers of colonial times, go deeper and deeper in the jungle, 2nd tier, 3rd tier, to find what we are looking for.
What is next? Ukraine is probably following Poland in next few years. Peru is going to get less easy and follow Columbia and Brazil.
What is the new frontier? East of Russia? Due to stricter visa rules it is still pretty much untouched. Africa?
What are your thoughts on this subject?
Is there a way to stop it?
What can we do to minimalize the damage done to a certain place? Is there a method to part ways with a girl without leaving her a jaded bitch?
Do you believe in a Pussy Paradise regeneration?

Disclaimer: I have never been to SA and my knowledge of the situation there is solely based on RVF accumulated knowledge.

Quote: (09-17-2016 01:01 PM)jasond Wrote:  

Having spent the last 3 years in Eastern Europe, I've noticed that the region is near a tipping point with regards to daygame.

There are now so many PUAs roaming the streets of major cities, that region-wide bitch shields are on the rise.

It's not surprising. Daygame is not meant to be done in volume. If a girl is approached once in a blue moon, she may view it as a pleasant surprise. Once an hour though, and it becomes quite weird.

I used to think it was impossible for PUAs to ruin entire cities of 1 million plus inhabitants. Not anymore. Take Prague, for instance, where I've lived this past year. Population about 1.2 million. In any city, I'd estimate 2% of the population to be attractive girls 7+. (1 million people means 500,000 women, approximately 100,000 of women of dating age, 20% of whom [about 20,000] would be attractive)

I would estimate about 50 daygame PUAs living in Prague at any moment (half foreign, half local), 20 of whom are approaching on any given day. 10 approaches a day * 20 PUAs would yield 200 approaches a day, or over 70,000 approaches a year in the city.

So it's clear that any good-looking girl who lives or work in the center of the city has already been approached multiple times. Many girls have told me that I'm the 3rd or 4th guy that's talked to them that day. Some are now even fearful to walk on the main shopping street, calling it dangerous. One girl even told me she started going to therapy, as she's in a happy relationship, and doesn't understand what signals she's giving out that causes men to keep talking to her on the street.

My friends who live in Kiev, Warsaw, Wroclaw, and Belgrade tell me similar stories.

It makes sense. I'd say the daygame skillset started being promoted around 2011, with Roosh's work and others. Now, 5 years later, there are hundreds of guys semi-proficient at it, and forums like this disseminate information about good places to go. So pickup has become a bit of an arm's race, where you need to constantly develop new skills and techniques to stay ahead of the pack. What worked so well in 2011 doesn't yield the same results in 2016.

Which is quite sad, because daygame in Eastern Europe used to be a goldmine for meaning quality women.

Quote: (09-26-2016 07:29 PM)BrewDog Wrote:  

I think the mongers in Medellin have screwed it up for the rest of us that just wanna go meet regular girls and hang out. It can actually be a detriment in Medellin to be a gringo now.

I met this one nice chica working at the ice cream shop in the mall. We hit it off great; she seemed smitten. And a few days later I thought I'd go ask her out after she got off work. She then acted like she didn't want to talk to me. And although I'd heard of this sort of thing, I didn't immediately pick up what was going on. I asked her, don't you remember me? She said, "Yes, your name is *******. I remember you." But she was nervous and fidgity as hell and just wanted me to leave.

Then I remembered what all I had been told about gringos vs Paisas. I looked around and there were two guys staring at us from across the mall. All I can figure is that they were her brothers or old classmates or someone she was embarrassed that I, a gringo, was talking to her. So, I got my ice cream and left. I guess I should have gone back another day but fuck it. I should have gotten her number the first damn time instead of playing aloof.

But the Paisa girls can have a complex about being seen as pregagas (semi-prostitutes) when they hang out with whitey. On one hand, the Colombianas love status, and dating a gringo means status in many parts of Colombia. They're very proud to show you to all their friends. They will go out of their way to drag you all over town and present you to everyone they know. But not as much in Medellin. Too many mongers that have fucked it for the rest of us.

Quote: (10-06-2016 11:35 PM)Russianbrother Wrote:  

Quote: (10-06-2016 06:24 PM)Space Cowboy Wrote:  

Quote: (10-06-2016 01:24 PM)Russianbrother Wrote:  

And no, I am not old, fat or ugly, it is just that locals don't give a fuck about you.

Could it just be that you're a loser?

You went to China thinking that, due simply to your existence as a white man, women would offer themselves to you?

"Locals don't give a fuck about you." You're damn right! There's not a single place on earth where you deserve respect simply for existing. If you can't figure this out, you may as well cut your balls off and join a monastery.

I didn't go to China in hope that I will be swimming in titties sea, what are you talking about?

I am saying that the City is literally anti foreigner, it doesn't have anything to do with your skills.
Just the attitude of people and the location itself is not welcoming, unless you are some big Joe with loads of cash.

You can go here and aproach hundrets of girls, and in the end you will get a pile of shit on your face. Atleast that is how it is at the momment.
I might be wrong, since I don't know the city that well yet, but atleast this is my 1 week expirience.

And Mr. Smart ass, I got several girls out, so this has nothing to do with me being on easy mode, like you portray me here.

Quote: (10-07-2016 12:36 PM)tjh1989 Wrote:  

So I've just returned from kyiv and had absolutely no success. I'm looking for a country/city in EE where women are actively looking for westerners. Kyiv might once have been that way but it isn't now unfortunately.

So where should I go? Lviv? Baltic states?

Any thoughts much appreciated.

I've referral links for most credit cards, PM me for them & thanks if you use them
Strip away judeo-christian ethics ingraining sex is dirty/bad & the idea we're taking advantage of these girls disintegrates. Once you've lost that ethical quandary (which it isn't outside religion) then they've no reason to play the victim, you've no reason to feel the rogue. The interaction is to their benefit.
Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

Foreigner Value Overseas

Fantastic post.

Foreigner Value Overseas

Having known Global for a few years, I can attest to his experience and success.

The last few months we have witnessed an influx of negative reports in the travel section. These reports in part, stand out because many Travel Vets have stopped reporting due to factors that I won't go into. Nevertheless, there is a growing sentiment that getting laid abroad is becoming more difficult. The truth is, it is for some and not for others. My most recent trip to Kiev, I met several members who were doing quite well (Creepin, Innuendo, Buakraw, Papi Rico, and Tenerife to name a few). These guys would do well in any city because they have something to offer that sets them apart from other men. Men with superior traits do well regardless of the circumstances. Those who lack thereof will be subject to various factors which have been discussed.

Foreigner Value Overseas

Excellent post, read my mind.

two comments

On #1 In Asia, white guys seem to have a lot of average/below average asian girls looking for them, but in a land where everyone is skinny, the guys going over there overrate the quality of those girls.

On #2, I think everyone agrees with you, but there's also a lot people posting on here that say "YOU NEED SPANISH! YOU NEED FRENCH!...etc, etc " While there is certainly value to knowing the language, and I think everyone should. (I took Spanish and French classes in the last year) For the native English speaker at least, you can still do well without knowing more then a few words of the local language. Its not a requirement for getting laid.

Foreigner Value Overseas

I fully second this post. Bravo!

PM me for accommodation options in Bangkok.

Foreigner Value Overseas

Absolutely true. It is not harder to get laid. Actually, it's easier than ever.

Despite everything we write about and talk about, the number of men who are actually at or near the level we aspire to be at is very small. Or hell, even legitimately trying to get to a better place. Too many are just content or don't put in the years long effort (yes it takes years).

I ignore almost anything posted by guys unless I have met them because ego protection is at an all time high. If you're trying to convince others that you're banging "8s," the problem is you. In fact in any given interaction with women, you are at least 50% of the equation. Some guys forget this and put everything on the girl. Nope.

Just get better.

Foreigner Value Overseas

I agree that you will do well almost anywhere if you have your shit together.

That being said there is a lot more traveling going on mainly because price of oil and traveling has dropped significantly. This means more travelers in general. Which means a foreign traveler is not a cachet like it was in the past.

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

Foreigner Value Overseas

I am a black guy and can support your message. Comparing apples to apples I am getting laid more overseas than I was in the USA.

Even when I was brand new here and didn't understand "the game" here nor the language i was STILL getting laid more and than in the US.

It is 100% NOT a pussy paradise but if you put in the same work that you put in at home you will get more results.

Needless to say, I am a big fan of black men leaving the USA for women.

Resident Germany Expert. See my Datasheet:
thread-59335.html

Mini Datasheets: Antwerp / Rotterdam / Lille

Foreigner Value Overseas

[quote] (10-08-2016 08:39 AM)Global Entry Wrote:  

Not picking on anyone, but just for starters...

[quote='Vinny' pid='1281995' dateline='1461190653']
Recently the travel section of the forum is overrun with threads about lost pussy paradises, and how all countries one by one are going in decline and pussy rivers run dry. Brasil, Colombia, Baltic States, Checz Republic, the list goes on and on.
Social media and spreading of feminism ideas contribute to this. Players overhunting and exhausting local female resource contribute a lot too.
Get on the wave or drown under it. If you are not improving your game and not visiting hot spots while they are still good, you are not going to stop the decline. Others will cause damage instead of you. You will just miss the chance to experience it yourself.
As the places become less and less attractive, we like explorers of colonial times, go deeper and deeper in the jungle, 2nd tier, 3rd tier, to find what we are looking for.
What is next? Ukraine is probably following Poland in next few years. Peru is going to get less easy and follow Columbia and Brazil.
What is the new frontier? East of Russia? Due to stricter visa rules it is still pretty much untouched. Africa?
What are your thoughts on this subject?
Is there a way to stop it?
What can we do to minimalize the damage done to a certain place? Is there a method to part ways with a girl without leaving her a jaded bitch?
Do you believe in a Pussy Paradise regeneration?[/quote]

I did start a thread to sum up all the observations of declining pussy paradises. But I personally did really well in Ukraine, Russia, Philies, Thailand and several other non-pussy-paradise places.

Because I made this my lifestyle pretty recently (ended my relationship about a year ago, before only small side-trips) I merely assumed that things were actually much better before.

There is a difference between being able to get laid and a place being a pussy paradise.

[quote] (10-08-2016 08:39 AM)Global Entry Wrote:  

Not picking on anyone, but just for starters...[/quote]

So yes I took this personally.

Foreigner Value Overseas

Quote: (10-08-2016 10:10 AM)godzilla Wrote:  

Excellent post, read my mind.

two comments

On #1 In Asia, white guys seem to have a lot of average/below average asian girls looking for them, but in a land where everyone is skinny, the guys going over there overrate the quality of those girls.

I just want to comment on this as well. It's not just guys overrating, it's the fact dudes are lazy, insecure and will go for the sure bet more than the long shot. Most end up slamming average girls or hookers because it's easy and depending on your budget, not really expensive to do this.

Go to Levels in Bangkok any night and you'll see tons of guys that we would perceive to be 'high value'. Good looking, masculine, spending tons of money etc. Yet, they're all for the most part shocked and aroused by how easy, cheap and fun it is to buy sex in a place like Bangkok. Meanwhile any number of dudes that know their shit should know the tells of a semi-pro, avoid the and talk to the real talent, most of whom have not been approached all night.

True, some venues might be played out, but these wells are only drying because clueless men tend to flock towards proven quantities. Bangkok is awash in single, good looking pussy that value foreign men who handle their shit.

it's all about strategy. You wanted to be in a position where you can differentiate yourself to your competition. People are still pulling like crazy in these cities, but are perhaps not as keen to share it because for every value adding member here, there are 100 lurkers taking these tips for free and not giving back.

Foreigner Value Overseas

[Image: giphy.gif]

Make the travel forum great again!

Foreigner Value Overseas

This is purely speculative, but I think I might have a theory or two as to why a lot of members are crying about certain international locales getting played out (I have seen this two and have commented on it).

1.) A lot of dudes traveling back to places they have been before and not having as good of an experience as their first time. This is simply a normal effect of trying to replicate the same sort of majesty you get from a first experience. Generally not possible. You can't really do the exact same thing twice and get the same joy even if the results are similar. Saying a spot is "dried up" is likely just a grasp as some excuse as to why they aren't as happy or as successful returning.

2.) New/First time travelers expecting local girls to be falling all over their dick because they have rose-colored-glasses about Country X or City Y from reading inspiring lay reports from guys going there and cleaning up well.

I went to Colombia for the first time recently and I made sure not to give myself crazy high expectations. I just went into it knowing it was going to be a new experience, whatever happens happens, and I was going to make the most of it no matter what. I happened to be very pleased with my time there.

The world is huge. There are far more places to visit and people to meet than a single person would ever even come close to having the time for in their lifetime.

Foreigner Value Overseas

Quote: (10-09-2016 04:38 PM)CodyB Wrote:  

it's all about strategy. You wanted to be in a position where you can differentiate yourself to your competition. People are still pulling like crazy in these cities, but are perhaps not as keen to share it because for every value adding member here, there are 100 lurkers taking these tips for free and not giving back.

Agreed. Plus I haven't been to Soi 11 since maybe the first week I came to Bangkok. In fact, I avoid it like the plague. I go deeper into the local culture and have been banging girls who has probably never banged a foreigner before. How? Sorry, but I won't share it here for reasons Cody mentioned.

Foreigner Value Overseas

I agree wholeheartedly with GE, and he mentions an important point: don't complain.

Complaining solves absolutely nothing. I'll admit in my travels I've visited places and received less than my anticipated level of reception or success. And I may have written the place off in my head. But in retrospect, it wasn't the place, it was likely me.

All we can do is learn from our mistakes, shortcomings and improve; travel more, be more experienced and become better. No complaining ever.

Foreigner Value Overseas

Quote: (10-09-2016 07:47 PM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

Quote: (10-09-2016 04:38 PM)CodyB Wrote:  

Agreed. Plus I haven't been to Soi 11 since maybe the first week I came to Bangkok. In fact, I avoid it like the plague. I go deeper into the local culture and have been banging girls who has probably never banged a foreigner before. How? Sorry, but I won't share it here for reasons Cody mentioned.

With all due respect, how many lurkers have followed my boxing betting advice since I started betting and posting about it four years and one month ago? I'd say few, if any, and I bet the few who did were scared to bet anything substantial. I have a 100% success rate. Anybody who did what I did and had a half decent bankroll have made some serious money. How many lurkers followed my South Beach advice to a T and banged models because of it? Likely none. Granted, all the boxing betting requires is a decent bankroll and a set of balls, but most guys don't even have that. The Miami stuff is different. It requires a lot of preparation before you even get into town. My point is, lurkers benefiting from your advice, then not giving back shouldn't be a real concern. If if was, there would have been a hundred other people in line at the sportsbook waiting to drop some heavy cash on the Alvarez by knockout prop. Instead, it was just me and no lurkers even asked about it. That shows how much of a threat they are. Also, the next time Libertarian Booty Hunter has one of his Asperger's/Autism induced rants like he did early yesterday morning, please don't respond to him in any way. He craves/needs attention and you guys play into his hand by responding. I offered to get him help a long time ago and he unfortunately didn't take me up on my offer.

Foreigner Value Overseas

RVF's James Bond, Global Entry, coming at us with the cold truth.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Foreigner Value Overseas

Quote:Quote:

I guess you have the option to crawl back into your grandmother's basement instead and read some more manga online, but for those of us actually living in the world and interacting and communicating....please stop it with that ridiculousness.

[Image: laugh4.gif]

Best post of all time.

Foreigner Value Overseas

Yawn. I've said this exact same shit in reply to a few of the drying up posts.

I won't post a trip report for my favorite city for these exact reasons. I'm not letting these people replicate my strategy. That's ridiculous.

Also - who in the fuck said Manila is drying up? That's a fucking joke right? I'm talking to 7 girls there now with 50 more in line. That's just delusional talk and should warrant an immediate ban if your game is that shit. IJS.

Foreigner Value Overseas

Awesome Post!!

If there's one post like this for entrepreneurs, I'm sure you would have just doubled the number of future millionaires with that one equivalent post!

Foreigner Value Overseas

OP, what is the general age range and scale of attractiveness (on a scale of 1-10) of the Chinese girls you are able to pull at your age? I'm not trying to "call you out", just genuinely curious.

For example, I'm sure a 45-year-old foreigner with a 21-year-old Chinese girl must have been commonplace 10-20 years ago when China was still dirt poor, but these days it's not exactly pervasive.

Foreigner Value Overseas

You can call me out all you like, because I regularly substantiate my successes with photos amongst my peer group.

It varies.

Lowest I'll accept typically 6-6.5 in my mind. Highest was what I'll call a true 9 - and from a prosperous background, Dong Bei girl with doctor parents. People who've already posted on this thread can validate.

Ages vary. Early 20s to early 30s are the range I'll go through. I rarely pursue girls older than that in China (or anywhere). The ones with whom I had continuing dating/relationship type interaction 24-27.

I'd said median is mid-late 20s. The new girls, this past month, range from 20-32 thus far (still in process, but clear interest from them to proceed).

Its doable - depending on what else you have going on. Being an attorney (and not a teacher) helps. Tall helps. Perceived wealth or a lot of travel which you demonstrate in social media, helps. Having some chinese/understanding the culture, helps a lot. Showing a continuing interest in being/staying in China helps a lot. Most girls ask if I have business in china, I think primarily because they want to know I have a reason to stick around. Same reason they all ask very early on how long I've been here (also b/c most foreigners don't even speak the crappy Chinese I can).

Edit - I wanted to mention - I have a business associate - not rich, not poor. He lives in a 8900 RMB apartment in Shekou. He's a 60 year old accounting professor, divorced who looks his age or older. He's heavy, walks ponderously, doesn't look healthy. His gal is probably 30-32, decent looking Guangxi gal, good education, sweet, pleasant, no kids.

The biggest obstacles are in your mind.

Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

Foreigner Value Overseas

Entry dropping knowledge here as always. Let's link this thread to negative rants on the travel section.

Foreigner Value Overseas

its a great post, GE.

your observation does not just apply to foreigner value changing.

there are a host of threads where the same self-defeating attitude creeps in. How tall do you have to be? How much money? How ripped? You need to wear a suit . . . etc. etc.

these are all excuses. sure, money, looks, height, white god factor all help. but they are secondary. when you have things going right, you can pull. I've pulled when I was poor and hadn't showered in 3 days wearing dirty clothes, skinny no muscles as all get out.

if you focus on excuses you get nowhere.

focus on what you can control and what makes you different. Robert Cialdini in his book Pre-Sausion says you'll have greater success emphasizing why you are different than why you are better than the rest on the obvious criteria. In other words, don't get in a height contest with a bunch of tall guys, or a money constest with a bunch of rich guys. Demonstrate what makes you valuable - someone wrote today about an amateaur songwriter bouncing from coffee date to a guitar store and played a song - that will work regardless of what country you are in, what color, what height, what wardrobe, or what bankroll.

Thanks GE for reminding us to stop making excuses.