rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Men Going Their Own Way - (news article)

No commentary here, let's see what the comments here bring up about this.......

Quote:Quote:

The MGTOW group really, really don’t like women
OCTOBER 8, 20169:14PM

A MGTOW protester in Edmonton, Alberta. His other sign read “Women are programmed to ruin men’s lives”.

[Image: 1a569435376785c1775b4d8fbcdca89c]

“MEN are best when they are focusing on themselves and not on women”.
“They lose their creativity, their drive, their focus when they think about women and sex all day. I think men are realising how much better life is when they don’t have to deal with these women or care so much about them and what they think.”
Welcome to the wonderful world of MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way) — a community of fellas who believe they need to “eliminate the biggest obstacle” that is stopping them from living their best lives.

Those darn, pesky, money-sucking women.

As Mack Lamoureux at Vice put it, these men have “had enough, and they’re taking their balls and going home ... To them, the feminist movement has all but ruined our society, and it just doesn’t make sense to participate in the dating game because women have been, in their eyes, programmed to ruin a man’s life.\n
“Around every corner they seem to see one-dimensional women who are just out to take their well-earned money and stick them with kids who aren’t theirs ... Also false rape accusations: They are f***ing terrified of those gosh-darn prevalent false rape accusations”.

[Image: f744ff63895ad8fbdfc4a7d7d3435655]

The words at the top of this post come from (the presumably musty bedroom of) Smitty6, one of the 15,000 members of the MGTOW group on Reddit which is described as “men going our own way by forging our own identities and paths to self-defined success; cutting through collective ideas of what a man is.”

Many of the posts in these threads are like the rousing battle cry from the end of Braveheart, tinged with a little old-fashioned lady-hating:
‘Love it just alimony waiting to happen’. A line that would make Shakespeare weep.

The MGTOW community takes some inspiration from “the herbivore men” of Japan — men who have no interest in getting married or finding a girlfriend (surveys of single Japanese men conducted in 2010 found that 61 per cent of men in their 20s and 70 per cent of men in their 30s considered themselves to be herbivores).
The MGTOW group repeatedly references pop culture when explaining their ideology — Fight Club gets a bit of airtime and they often refer to The Matrix — particularly the moment where Keanu’s character Neo chooses to reject his blinkered “blue pill” life in favour of the awareness offered by the “red pill” (speaking of which, if you want to go down another misogynistic rabbit hole, check out The Red Pill community).

Charmingly the MGTOW movement is a little bit like a video game — there are four different levels for members to achieve.

Level 0 — Situational Awareness: the member has “taken the red pill” and embraces the idea that gender equality is a lie and propaganda.
Level 1 — Rejection of Long-Term Relationships: the man rejects long-term relationships but will still partake in short-term relationships and sexual encounters.
Level 2 — Rejection of Short-Term Relationships: the member won’t participate in hook-ups or any form of short-term or sexual relationships.
Level 3 — Economic Disengagement: a member at this stage refuses to earn more money than is necessary for sustaining life. He views the government as tyrannical and is trying to actively drain money from the bureaucrats.
Level 4 — Societal Disengagement: this is as far as a mainstream MGTOW can go. Here the man refuses to interact with society. Basically, going full-hermit.

Unfortunately it’s not that easy to completely ditch the ladies — they still have sexual urges (also, please note that homosexuality is utterly frowned upon). Thankfully there are some forms of sexual release that are deemed acceptable as you’re progressing up the MGTOW chain and tactics are discussed on the forums. Some men prefer one night stands, others rely solely on masturbation, and some routinely visit sex workers. The old adage “You don’t pay for the sex, you pay them to leave” is a popular sentiment on the forums.

Celibacy, which they refer to as Men Going Monk, is another option. This comment from user rorick on the topic is a cracker:
Myself, I hate getting associated with women in any form, be it relationships or sex, moreover i [sic] can’t have sex with a girl that i don’t love. I’m kind of old school here, or may be that is how i was born. Therefore for me to have sex i need to love her, so to love a girl i should throw away all my logical thinking and turn myself into a mangina, which i never wanted to be, hence i stayed virgin.”
Dr Tristan Bridges is an Assistant Professor of Sociology at the College of Brockport and works with the scholarly journal Men, Masculinities, and Methodologies. Bridges’s work deals in depth with gender issues specifically focused on masculinity. Vice asked him to explain MGTOW and the history of similar movements in the “manosphere” from a scholar’s position.

“When we look at the historical record that’s what it shows: Men start to get pissed off and want to talk about masculinity and change masculinity right after there has been some sort of transformation in femininity,” Bridges said.
“When these kinds of things come up, I think historians would say something significant has happened with respect to gender inequality that men are feeling their position of privilege is challenged and this is a cultural reaction that takes place after that happens.”

Morpheus, who is the moderator of the Red Pill forum (which has a similar ethos to MGTOW) echoed these sentiments when he spoke to Business Insider — though he speaks about it on a more personal level.

“The road to our forum is paved with bad experiences, men who have never been loved, have loved and lost, men who have tried and failed, or men who succeeded and were taken advantage of.”

A female blogger named Alicia who has written about the manosphere extensively went on to tell Business Insider that she’s “tried to empathise with some of these guys for a long time, because it’s clear that many of them are suffering so acutely.

“They want female attention and for one reason or another, they’re not getting it.”
She said she wasn’t too bothered by the groups when they were smaller in number, but the growth is a concern.

“As they grow online, the real danger is in exposing this stuff to younger boys,” she said.

“When you’re 15, girls are weird and you’re looking for answers. [These sites] claim to have them.”

The funniest thing about David Sheratt is his current twitter avatar

[Image: o1BL7EBs.jpg]

Sounds like some male form of feminism.

"Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people."

Weak.

I'm the King of Beijing!

This could have gone in the existing MGTOW thread.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Once these guys realize that they have "willingly" opted out of the gene pool and a life force's basic imperative, to reproduce, it will be too late and they will regret it. Just like women that put off childbearing until after career and carousel. There is something inherently defective about a man that can't even attract a defective woman. At least Isaac Newton's lifelong celibacy resulted in great advancement for the human race in the previously non-existent fields of physics and calculus. I am afraid all these incels will acheive is a high score on some video game I have never heard of. These guys are blaming feminism for their own shortcomings.

Females don't just fall into your lap, you have to hunt them and pursue them like prey, hang out at their watering holes waiting for them to show up, thirsty and undefended by the herd.

These guys realized that it takes effort to attract women so they decided it wasn't worth the effort. Overall this is a good thing for society.

Natural selection has decided that they are unfit to reproduce genetic half-copies of themselves..

Fear and laziness. Those are the two drivers of that entire movement.

They basically admit that they want female company but forswear it for any number of pathetic reasons, all of which boil down to those initial two factors.

Fear. Laziness.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

And is that guy wearing a trash bag? He looks like a failed super hero that was kicked out of the Justic League because he didnt look good in unitards and tights like all the other superheroes.

This guy is basically holding a sign declaring himself a evolutionary dead end. Terribly sad. Low T is truly an environmental affliction.

Roosh was right to distance himself from these guys long ago.

Put these guys on a good diet and give them some HGH or whatever, see if they're still "going their own way".

Quote: (03-05-2016 02:42 PM)SudoRoot Wrote:  
Fuck this shit, I peace out.

MGTOW: "I could bang 9's all day. I just don't wanna". [Image: tard.gif]

The sad thing about MGTOW is that they think they're winning the game by dropping out of it completely. They're not winning. What they're actually doing is forfeiting. And last I checked, forfeiting is not winning, in fact it's the total fucking opposite of winning.

No one will miss them.

MGTOW: "Chicks won't play with my cock, so I am taking my cock and going home."

I neither laugh nor scoff at the MGTOW philosphy. I take it very seriously. Yes, a lot those of guys might be the stereotypical basement-dwelling social losers we mock. But consider that what they are doing is basically thumbing their collective noses at a culture that disrespects or completely disregards men. MGTOWs are the true nihilists. For them, "I'll be poolside" [during the cultural collapse] is not an idle notion to be floated during online discussions. Their poolside is now. Their poolside is their current course of action.

MGTOW is our culture's true existential threat. It's the invisible men who are the glue that keeps our culture running. If enough of those guys - think sewer workers, delivery men, construction guys, etc. - just said "fuck it" and downshifted to the least effort possible, our society would grind to a messy halt. Remember, men keep the poop in the toilet. We are the engine that powers the culture. If enough of us go on strike, as MGTOW represents, it's game over.

Women have been “going their own way” since the 1970s.

"Action still preserves for us a hope that we may stand erect." - Thucydides (from History of the Peloponnesian War)

Quote: (10-08-2016 10:24 AM)Private Man Wrote:  

I neither laugh nor scoff at the MGTOW philosphy. I take it very seriously. Yes, a lot those of guys might be the stereotypical basement-dwelling social losers we mock. But consider that what they are doing is basically thumbing their collective noses at a culture that disrespects or completely disregards men. MGTOWs are the true nihilists. For them, "I'll be poolside" [during the cultural collapse] is not an idle notion to be floated during online discussions. Their poolside is now. Their poolside is their current course of action.

MGTOW is our culture's true existential threat. It's the invisible men who are the glue that keeps our culture running. If enough of those guys - think sewer workers, delivery men, construction guys, etc. - just said "fuck it" and downshifted to the least effort possible, our society would grind to a messy halt. Remember, men keep the poop in the toilet. We are the engine that powers the culture. If enough of us go on strike, as MGTOW represents, it's game over.

I thought MGTOWs seek sexual needs through gaming in foreign countries and/or using p4p. I don't know where the stereotype of basement dweller came from.

It is true that if men boycott the system enough, it will decline.

I know of several Canadian guys on this forum who already "MGTOW", or are planning to MGTOW in offshore paradises with their wealth, and a guy here is planning to exodus from the USA to live in Mexico, while he earns USD from his self-employed movie Gigs.

The best thing a man can do to boycott the current misandry system is to transfer wealth away from the Beast. It doesn't mean that no one isn't gonna be forced to become incels or beta virgins. Just a boycott of the feminist system which treats men like animals and villains.

Take a look at the interest rates in highly feminist countries where interest rates are either almost ZERO% or NEGATIVE%.

Think an investor is going to want to save in such countries? Hell no. MGTOW that money overseas before the SJW leeches suck the wealth dry through negative interest rates & excess taxation, that's my philosophy to men who got the $$$$ and are Red Pill.

MGTOW philosophy is huge in Canada. Yet, the T2 government resorted to deficits in the government budget to sustain their leftwing system. I'm not sure if it is a co-incidence that many investors are fleeing Canada, while confidence in the Canadian dollar is not that high, and more men become "MGTOW" in Canada.

To make a long post short, it is the labor and wealth of men which run the world, and if more men go "MGTOW", then it means less wealth for the SJW parasite class of people

As it was originally explained to me, MGTOW just meant doing your own thing regardless of the expectations of women and feminist society. That doesn't preclude sex or even relationships. Lately, they've all been portrayed as sexless basement dwellers like the superhero kid in the pic above. It looks like the same shaming tactics chicks always use - a dude doesn't want to get married and be a slave to his wife so they say, "Like he can get a woman anyway! Only loser would think that way!"

I get some of that when I tell people I don't see the value in a modernist marriage even though I can point to a string of attractive women I've dated...and a few ugly ones.

Their mistake was making women their only goal in life. Women should not be that much of an investment unless she is your daughter.

Smart of Roosh to define himself away from MGTOW.

But MGTOW is also getting run through by mainstream media and they always twist the narrative to make these guys look like even bigger losers.

It's classic shaming tactics. A lot of these guys are the byproduct of a society that does not love or care for them, but expects them to be taxpaying betas that continue to support the feminist agenda. It's better they MGTOW than stay blue pill.

Quote: (10-08-2016 05:49 AM)Rocket75 Wrote:  

[Image: 1a569435376785c1775b4d8fbcdca89c]

Is he wearing a garbage bag? [Image: icon_lol.gif]
Funny that you could replace "feminism" with "MGTOW" on his placard perfectly.

I do respect one thing about them though -- if you've legitimately given up, they are doing it the right way. People forget the nature of the slave -- the plantation owner buys your shackles, whips and chains with your hard work. It's an evil parasitism situation.

Every time you give them a tax cheque, you are making a donation toward your own oppression. That money they receive from you, they will invest in your misery and the destruction of your future. It is evidence of a good moral conscience when these MGTOWs deliberately try to avoid that, even if the give up attitude is contemptible.

The slave who tries to escape is far superior to the slave who tries to hide.

I've become MGTOW just because American women just plain aren't worth the trouble it would take for me to get involved with them. At my age, the only American women I could expect to get involved with are grandmothers who are decades past their expiration date. Absolutely not worth it.

My current plan is to get myself into a financial position, which will take at least 3 years, to head overseas to countries where getting involved with a woman half my age will not lead to attacks by feminists and SJWs. And, half my age isn't exactly young, just young enough to still be fertile.

So basically a movement of men too weak to have a fling without negatively impacting other areas of their lives.

This looks like the mother ship of a men's "safe space."

Not much different from what SJW's propose by avoiding certain behavior.

I guess if cucked out pussified liberal men feel threatened by women, this is what they do. They can keep their pussified behavior and not feel threatened by women; so then they truly can feel safe.

Who cleans their apartment?

Quote: (10-08-2016 02:58 PM)Repo Wrote:  

So basically a movement of men too weak to have a fling without negatively impacting other areas of their lives.

Yeah, I could become homeless all too easily. So could you. In my case it would mean kissing any hope of retirement goodbye and implementing the S&W Retirement Plan. 50+ year old women are flat out not worth that risk. And I am so not into hot granny sex.

Try my hand at title game: "Incels insist idiotic idealogies instill exuberance"