rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

'Is this a Rejection?' Thread

I recently had a situation where I am not sure if she is still interested or not..

Here goes the story.. I met this girl in a one day course at uni. IOIs were there and she even asked me what I was doing that night. Being unaware of much game, I didnt follow the lead. No numbers were exchanged at that point.

A few weeks later, I responded to some survey she was doing. Had one on one time with her and tried out a little game but kept it light hearted No kino done but I could have on hindsight. She asked me what I was doing that night and again I didn't take her up on it. Asked for her number but she said 'It was not necessary and I already have it' as she had called me earlier to set up the appointment. I didn't call her though.

Saw her in passing a few days later but her face was turned away, not sure if she was deliberately doing it.

A few days ago, she passed by my aisle at a department store. I approached and we talked about the survey she was doing and how it was going. Told her we can catch up. She said "I might have classes.' Pulled out Gio's ' We might never see each other again.' She replied ' Yeah,going back to my hometown in 2 months.' Then told her, I will call her this week.

Now, I have her number but my number is one of the many she has from her survey studies. I called her 2 days ago, she didnt pick up, there was no voice mail. Couldnt send her a text due to my phone service. Since it wasnt a proper number exchange, I am not sure if she thinks it seems too desperate to answer me or if she was simply not interested anymore.

My service is screwed up so I am changing my number. Do you guys think I should call her again with the new number and leave a text stating my name and asking her to call back? Or is it too late?

I am aware I messed up badly twice. Maybe I should give her some plausible deniability to make her feel better?

Your opinions and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Let me Understand, Do you like the girl? Or You are just desesperate because you can't find another girl. Just call her back and say you want to go out, Just missed some opportunities.

Quote: (09-08-2016 09:54 PM)Drix Wrote:  

Let me Understand, Do you like the girl? Or You are just desesperate because you can't find another girl. Just call her back and say you want to go out, Just missed some opportunities.

I guess I am just curious to know if there is more to her than meets the eye. But at the same time, appearing needy would be a turn off. So, I was wondering if I should call back and if so, should I mention about the previous call I made.

You have the decission to call her back if you want. I had a similar case,
But instead of investing my time or effort in a girl i don't like, i rather prefer to bang chicks who i am interested.

By the way, Seems that you really don't like her, just want some reasons from us to not call her. That's my humble appreciation.

Actually, I was wondering if the reason she didnt respond was because she lost interest or is it because she doesnt want to show too much interest. This is from a purely game point of view.

She could have called back or txted to ask who I am, if she suspected it was me given that I told her I will call her.

She opened you for plans twice and you didn't get the hint. Last time you actually talked to her and tried to make plans she rejecting you with an "I'm going to be busy" excuse.

You can text her you like. It's not going to kill you but it probably won't do anything either. Take it as a lesson to not pass up opportunities, especially easy ones, and go meet other women.

Quote: (09-09-2016 04:01 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

She opened you for plans twice and you didn't get the hint. Last time you actually talked to her and tried to make plans she rejecting you with an "I'm going to be busy" excuse.

You can text her you like. It's not going to kill you but it probably won't do anything either. Take it as a lesson to not pass up opportunities, especially easy ones, and go meet other women.

I agree with you. It was a massive missed opportunity. Since reading up approaching and practising game to some extent I realise I can identify more IOIs but I am not closing at all.

Two more points outside of the above case I would like to mention to the community.. I also learnt from other instances that the longer you wait for an approach, the higher the rate of rejection for daygame at least.

Finally, Roosh mentioned in Day Bang that if you and a girl are stuck in a particular situation for a long time like in a long journey, you got to make the approach very late so as to prevent the convo from dying out. While I would agree to this in situations where you cant move much like in an airplane, in other places like in a cruise, I think it might be better to engage her early build the connection and leave to rejoin friends after getting her digits for a meetup if she is giving IOIs or tried to talk to you. Otherwise at the end of that time she might feel more self conscious and would be in a hurry to leave and she will reject your advances at that stage.

Another instance I would like to get some responses to:

There is this girl I know but not very well. Know her name but never really talked to her. Exchanged smiles a couple of times (introduced by some one first time, was on the phone the second time) before but thats it.

So, I happened to see her in a cafeteria she was inside and I was outside about to enter. There was eye contact but I didnt respond and neither did she. I went inside with a friend but she had pulled a newspaper and pretended to read it by then.

What just happened?

(a) Should I have waved or acknowledged her when I saw her? Would this have made a difference?
(b) Should I have opened her regardless of her reading the paper? Is this a test for me to approach?
© Is she just looking for attention?
(d)How should I respond the next time I see her?

This kind of thing has happened quite a bit in the past where girls I didnt know very well seem interested but before I got to know them well, they suddenly switch off.

Thanks guys.

At the very least you should have walked up to her and said hello since you know her name. Stop being afraid to approach, just do it, don't think about it.

Quote: (09-08-2016 09:35 PM)Hazaer Wrote:  

Now, I have her number but my number is one of the many she has from her survey studies.
What do you care about other numbers? Focus on yourself and flip the script.
You're the prize and you must kick her off the pedestal. There are tons of hot chicks out there to game and approach. Different women offer different kinds of energy. Next time you see her, you don't wanna talk about that survey, ask for a meetup very soon / instantdate? and have fun.

She seemed interested at first but you dried up her pussy by going cold.
Good news is, you can still make it up, and for god's sake, be more enthusiastic. Your writing reflects a bit of depression or anxiety from your side. Read Gio's Staff and get inspired.

Quote: (09-28-2016 07:07 PM)BassPlayaYo Wrote:  

At the very least you should have walked up to her and said hello since you know her name. Stop being afraid to approach, just do it, don't think about it.

I was intending to do that once I entered the cafeteria but by then she started pretending to read the newspaper. I am pretty sure she did it on purpose given that I was entering the place. Are you saying that I should have interrupted her to talk to her?

Quote: (09-29-2016 07:36 AM)Euphoric_Breeze Wrote:  

Now, I have her number but my number is one of the many she has from her survey studies.
You're the prize and you must kick her off the pedestal. There are tons of hot chicks out there to game and approach. Different women offer different kinds of energy. Next time you see her, you don't wanna talk about that survey, ask for a meetup very soon / instantdate? and have fun.

Good news is, you can still make it up, and for god's sake, be more enthusiastic. Your writing reflects a bit of depression or anxiety from your side. Read Gio's Staff and get inspired.

I did call her about 4 days later but she did not reply. Nexted her but it was a tough decision.

Quote: (09-30-2016 05:15 AM)Hazaer Wrote:  

Quote: (09-28-2016 07:07 PM)BassPlayaYo Wrote:  

I was intending to do that once I entered the cafeteria but by then she started pretending to read the newspaper. I am pretty sure she did it on purpose given that I was entering the place. Are you saying that I should have interrupted her to talk to her?

Absolutely, she's not a stranger.

With a little bit of common sense you don't need this thread.

Did she, in her interactions with you, either directly hint at or leave the door open to future interactions?

If so no. If on the other hand she closed the door on the interaction without giving you anything that you could reasonably be expected to follow up on then either she's extremely shy(good for LTRs, but if you have to ask you're either not looking for a wife or don't have enough game that you should even be thinking about marriage) or she isn't interested.

Quote: (10-02-2016 02:40 PM)Easy_C Wrote:  

With a little bit of common sense you don't need this thread.

Did she, in her interactions with you, either directly hint at or leave the door open to future interactions?

If so no. If on the other hand she closed the door on the interaction without giving you anything that you could reasonably be expected to follow up on then either she's extremely shy(good for LTRs, but if you have to ask you're either not looking for a wife or don't have enough game that you should even be thinking about marriage) or she isn't interested.

First off, she is not shy and it probably is a case of me having little game.

But I raised the query because it seemed that she didn't seem to want to have the interaction when she started reading the paper after she knew I was entering the same venue and might possibly want to talk to her.

We all know that fishing for eye contact or active approaching is not the way to go during the day unless the girl gives IOIs. In this case, we have seen each other but have not actually talked.

Quote: (10-01-2016 11:25 AM)Hazaer Wrote:  

Quote: (09-29-2016 07:36 AM)Euphoric_Breeze Wrote:  

I did call her about 4 days later but she did not reply. Nexted her but it was a tough decision.

Ok, saw her again. She was staring at me but I didnt approach because she didnt reply in any way to my previous phone call. I was thinking that she was starting to see me as some orbiter. If I were to approach, I would be asking her out and somehow Roosh's words on 'Don't get rejected twice.' came back to me.

Would you guys have approached her? She is around a 7.5 and seems quite shy but I still cant believe she didnt call me back after I told her specifically that I would call her the next week.

But now that, it's square for the both of us, do you think it's wise for me to approach her the next time? Note that this is a different person from Post #15

Thank you for your replies.

Whenever you get an opportunity to talk to a woman in person do it, the possibilities are so plentiful. Stop rationalizing not talking to this woman, just do it.

Couldnt send her a text due to my phone service.

[Image: adMEsZfXOYve.gif]

What primitive phone service do you have where texts are not an option-?

Quote: (10-05-2016 02:11 PM)SlickyBoy Wrote:  

Couldnt send her a text due to my phone service.

[Image: adMEsZfXOYve.gif]

What primitive phone service do you have where texts are not an option-?

I had just changed to a new service and got a plan without texting. I could have texted after the call to let her know who I was if I could but she probably knew and she could have called or texted to ask who I was anyway.

I was thinking that calling and then texting might have looked too needy.

Quote: (10-05-2016 01:30 PM)BassPlayaYo Wrote:  

Whenever you get an opportunity to talk to a woman in person do it, the possibilities are so plentiful. Stop rationalizing not talking to this woman, just do it.

I could have talked but if a woman does not call back or text is it good frame to go over and talk to her? I am fine with saying 'hi' if I pass by but from the advice given to other guys given in the forum, its not abundance mentality to re-approach someone who does not have the decency to return a call. A lot of guys here have said that if a girl intends to hang out with you, she will somehow find a way to do so, and a guy calling her is one of the easiest way for her to do it.

What do you guys think?

Quote: (10-05-2016 09:43 PM)Hazaer Wrote:  

Quote: (10-05-2016 01:30 PM)BassPlayaYo Wrote:  

I could have talked but if a woman does not call back or text is it good frame to go over and talk to her? I am fine with saying 'hi' if I pass by but from the advice given to other guys given in the forum, its not abundance mentality to re-approach someone who does not have the decency to return a call. A lot of guys here have said that if a girl intends to hang out with you, she will somehow find a way to do so, and a guy calling her is one of the easiest way for her to do it.

What do you guys think?

Out of curiosity, how many of you guys would really go over and talk to a girl who did not return your call just because she started giving you IOIs again?

I sent her a simple text 'Hey X, its Hazaer. How are you?' No response. Experience I gained - Never ever engage a girl who rejected or ignored you the first time.How would talking to her have helped? I would bet she was going to give some excuse of not being able to hang out again.
Could I have done anything better here?

Hey guys, there is a situation where I am not sure if there is interest on her side or not. Approached a girl who had come alone to the grocery store, have seen her at uni and in stores before and even opened her once before but could not get the number due to situational constraints combined with hesitation when I was new to game. Anyway, she did see me this time and I think made it easier for me to approach, we talked about the item that she was buying and related topics, no indication that she wanted to leave, she almost did after my initial qn but I kind of managed to drag the convo, later she was sharing some of her experience etc. Suddenly, she said 'I better go now, my friends are there' and left, I looked around and there were 2 guys behind me quite some distance away looking in her direction, didn't really get to getting her contact info part yet, and I felt I didn't get to build enough convo time to get the number as she was leaving but I might bump into her again.

Not sure if she wanted to leave or if she was kind of shy being seen by a random guy by her friends or if she is into one of those guys. What do you guys think?

Appreciate your take on this.

You wanna be having enough numbers and options that if a girl doesn't take you up on your approach (other than analyzing your game) it doesn't phase you.
What I'm reading in your posts is girls are waiting for you to take control and they're picking up on your nerves.
That's a female bones shrinker.

Quote: (09-16-2017 10:35 PM)Hazaer Wrote:  

Hey guys, there is a situation where I am not sure if there is interest on her side or not. Approached a girl who had come alone to the grocery store, have seen her at uni and in stores before and even opened her once before but could not get the number due to situational constraints combined with hesitation when I was new to game. Anyway, she did see me this time and I think made it easier for me to approach, we talked about the item that she was buying and related topics, no indication that she wanted to leave, she almost did after my initial qn but I kind of managed to drag the convo, later she was sharing some of her experience etc. Suddenly, she said 'I better go now, my friends are there' and left, I looked around and there were 2 guys behind me quite some distance away looking in her direction, didn't really get to getting her contact info part yet, and I felt I didn't get to build enough convo time to get the number as she was leaving but I might bump into her again.

Not sure if she wanted to leave or if she was kind of shy being seen by a random guy by her friends or if she is into one of those guys. What do you guys think?

Appreciate your take on this.

Quote: (09-17-2017 03:04 AM)Bienvenuto Wrote:  

You wanna be having enough numbers and options that if a girl doesn't take you up on your approach (other than analyzing your game) it doesn't phase you.
What I'm reading in your posts is girls are waiting for you to take control and they're picking up on your nerves.
That's a female bones shrinker.

This is something I am still working on, its true that I am waiting a bit too long before making the approach. I have had instances in the past where I have opened and it didn't go well despite IOIs from their part so am still calibrating.

With the above, are you suggesting that I should have held on to the interaction a little longer? I did realize that I could gone for the number at the end but the way she ended it didn't feel like a test, it was more like she felt we were being watched by the guys behind and she started feeling uncomfortable and I thought the longer I was there, the worse it was going to get.

I would not be surprised if situations similar to this happens to other guys where she ends the approach because she saw some people she knew, other guys or girls (reaction could be different depending on which). Would be interesting to hear about these from you guys and subsequent follow up that happened.

Someone once said that the difference that makes the difference is indifference.

I once had a wing man who when I said 'oh that girls so cute and fit, I feel nervous' would say 'let's go and get blown out'

He'd go over and 'I wanna invade your space, I wanna fuck up your night ladies, I'm your stalker' ... And of course they loved it.

It's getting to 'nothing means nothing'. Chicks love it.