rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

New place no furniture

New place no furniture

I moved into a 2 BR basement suite with a roommate recently after living with my younger brother for years. I left him with almost all of our furniture and furnishings.

I basically have a bed, a single cast iron pan and my clothes/bathroom supplies.

I am looking for things you guys would suggest I need in a new place. I don't need a bunch of fancy gadgets but will probably get a cheap computer desk and need a kitchen table at least.

I want to be moving within a year or two to Asia however so I don't want to spend a bunch of money on unnecessary things.

I looked up on some reddit threads such as r/frugal and the like, but these guys are throwing change in a jar to make a couple hundred bucks in a year. I learned a couple cleaning tips but it's mostly suggestions for people who barely get by. I don't like the scarcity mindset (just make more money).

New place no furniture

Quote: (08-26-2016 04:07 PM)RustyShackleford Wrote:  

I moved into a 2 BR basement suite with a roommate recently after living with my younger brother for years. I left him with almost all of our furniture and furnishings.

I basically have a bed, a single cast iron pan and my clothes/bathroom supplies.

I am looking for things you guys would suggest I need in a new place. I don't need a bunch of fancy gadgets but will probably get a cheap computer desk and need a kitchen table at least.

I want to be moving within a year or two to Asia however so I don't want to spend a bunch of money on unnecessary things.

I looked up on some reddit threads such as r/frugal and the like, but these guys are throwing change in a jar to make a couple hundred bucks in a year. I learned a couple cleaning tips but it's mostly suggestions for people who barely get by. I don't like the scarcity mindset (just make more money).

Congratulations. Communicate with your roommate so you can try to avoid any possible irritating things coming between you.

Before posting, use search. This has been covered extensively, please bump one of the existing threads (there's a few I linked in my response to this thread):

Bachelor Pads

I also think that this thread is relevant to your quest:

Material Possessions That Bring Happiness

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

New place no furniture

Definitely get a crock pot. That shit is gold!

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

New place no furniture

Hit up a thrift store and buy cheap but decent looking desks, chairs, tables, etc. That way when you move you can leave them on the curb and wont have to worry about trying to sell them on craigslist.

New place no furniture

If it's a temporary pad and you're skipping town for another country next year looking to save money, just look on the craigslist free stuff section in your area. It's a gold mine of decent furniture for free. I'll be honest, I use it pretty much exclusively as I'm a total cheapskate when it comes to furniture and I can't see dropping lots of money on shit that may or may not be in my possession by this time next year. Most of my shit came from the site of the road and it's great.

New place no furniture

Congratulations. Communicate with your roommate so you can try to avoid any possible irritating things coming between you.

Before posting, use search. This has been covered extensively, please bump one of the existing threads (there's a few I linked in my response to this thread):

Bachelor Pads

I also think that this thread is relevant to your quest:

Material Possessions That Bring Happiness
[/quote]

Thanks my mistake. I searched a few times but did not think to search bachelor pad.

These are great. Much appreciated.

New place no furniture

Quote: (08-26-2016 04:59 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

If it's a temporary pad and you're skipping town for another country next year looking to save money, just look on the craigslist free stuff section in your area. It's a gold mine of decent furniture for free. I'll be honest, I use it pretty much exclusively as I'm a total cheapskate when it comes to furniture and I can't see dropping lots of money on shit that may or may not be in my possession by this time next year. Most of my shit came from the site of the road and it's great.

I second Craigslist free stuff. Its really a goldmine around military bases.

If your apartment is in maui , get off the internet and go get this free paddle boat instaed of a couch:
[Image: 00y0y_cIZI0wuVuD6_600x450.jpg]

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/mau/zip/5752210638.html

Aloha!

New place no furniture

also check freecycle, not just craigslist