rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Being Tall

Being Tall

Hi,

This is my first post on the forum. I'm relatively new but have read around the topic a little.

Anyway, I have a less common status in the world than most. I'm 6'5 and slender. I appear taller than most other people. I'm also kinda lanky - trying to put on muscle but its a long haul!

Anyway, I have a few points I wanted to hear what you guys thought about.

1. I don't need to attract attention as much as other guys because women inevitably notice me. I am also extrovert and skate around a lot - people recognize me fairly quickly. I usually get positive attention from it. This is good right?!

2. This leads me to #2. I get the "wow you're tall" a lot from people. And "how tall are you?". I don't know if any other tall guys here have figured out a good response to this. I've tried "Well you're small" but it doesn't go down too well mostly. If I say "yeah..." it kills the conversation. Just looking for the best way to play this - maybe something about picking them up etc.

3. Being taller than most guys I don't feel the need to demonstrate my physical abilities. I weigh more and am usually stronger than 70% of them. I am active, but this doesn't come across because a good amount of muscle on me looks like i've not tried very much. Not sure if this comes across as beta or not. I usually have to go out of my way to make sure i'm not taking up more space than is reasonable and walking the correct speed etc.

4. Should I dress down a little more to draw less attention to myself? Just a thought.

Being Tall

1. That user name. You are a courageous man

2. If "wow you are tall" is coming from girls. They are just finding a reason to talk to you. You can go with any number responses...as you are essentially just being 'opened'. You can go with conversation 101. "Thanks, whats your name?" You don't really have to make a conversation out of their opener. That is a safe one. If you want to try direct/disarming game you can respond like so "wow you are tall" response "yes I am, do you like tall men?"...the same goes for "how tall are you?"..."6 ft 5 why?"..."uhh, just wondering/just curious"..."well, what else are you curious about?"

You are witnessing bad game and just really need to play along/not screw it up. If you were a woman, this would be like men walking up to you and saying "wow, you've got big tits" or "how big are your boobs?". All you have to do is lead or allow their curiosity to continue

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Being Tall

Quote: (06-20-2016 08:06 AM)FeeltheBern Wrote:  

2. This leads me to #2. I get the "wow you're tall" a lot from people. And "how tall are you?". I don't know if any other tall guys here have figured out a good response to this. I've tried "Well you're small" but it doesn't go down too well mostly. If I say "yeah..." it kills the conversation. Just looking for the best way to play this - maybe something about picking them up etc.

"Wow. You're tall."
"Well, you know what they say about tall men."

You'll be able to gauge their response. Women have filthy minds so their first thought will usually go to dick size. This immediately frames the encounter as a sexual one and will help identify the time wasters.

Alternate answer if you're not going to go in hard.

"You'll have to speak up. It's hard to hear you all the way up here."

Cup your ear and lean in. If she's interested she'll play along, creating instant close proximity.

As for "how tall are you?"

Put it back on them. Stand up and ask "well, how tall are you?". Gesture for them to stand in front of you. They might tell you their height. Hold you hand up across their head like kids do when they measure each other and get as close to her as you dare. Place your hand on your chest where her head would be. Again, you'd be putting sexual thoughts in her head. She'll be thinking "this is where my head would rest on his chest. She'll also be reeling from the thought of where other body parts will be aligned. Measure the difference between your heights with both hands. Show her. "I am this much taller than you." It might sound lame but as the previous respondent said, if she's asked about your height then she's basically trying to break the ice. Use it fully to make the focus about your body, her body, and basic game should do the rest.

From there it's up to you to keep her on the hook until you can close the deal.

Women looking to get laid are definitely going to want to experiment with a guy your size to get a unique notch and something they can brag to their friends about the next day. Unfortunately most tall guys, especially skinny ones are often withdrawn. You've got to break out of that. Don't slouch. Don't hunch.

One or two wingmen would be a real boon here. You want to look like a leader of a pack. Like the Khal from Game of Thrones. Not like a circus freak trying to fit in with the real humans.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Being Tall

Great thread.

I am also tall (195cm) and one important thing I realised: lots of tall guys have a very weak posture, because they think they're too tall. So they try to appear smaller than they actually are.

Dont be that guy. Walk straight, stand straight.

Great info/feedback in this thread.

Being Tall

Your insecurity about your height is due to being challenged more by women, and being cut down more by men. I'm tall too and learned that short guys, especially under 5'7", will be very intimidated by us. They will cut you down every chance they can get because of jealousy and insecurity about their height. They know they don't measure up.
You just need to remember that you won. Learn to dismiss any criticisms. And keep a strong posture at all times.

Being Tall

Your insecurity about your height is misplaced. In terms of dating appeal, it might as well be a superpower. If you are getting approached, out of the blue, by random girls, then you are being seen as incredibly attractive to them. Own that shit. Use it to your advantage.

Not on here much anymore. I'm either out on 2 wheels or trying to kill something.

Being Tall

I'm tall as well and i hear "wow you're tall" frequently when i go out.

If she's short I've used "no i will not get the cookies on the top shelf for you" as a response. With a shit eating grin it sets the tone and lets you escalate very easily.

Being Tall

Thanks guys! This is all really helpful advice!

I agree with the point about posture. I have been making an effort - especially after my back started to hurt - to keep an upright posture. It added a half inch to my height!

I think there's an interesting debate here concerning guys who are more than just well built/tall. It does make it more difficult to fit into normal society and activities - but as long as the chicks don't have a problem, I don't either!

I'm not so much insecure about my height as unsure about its social utility. I play lots of sports and its great in those! Just, conversations and interaction are more difficult.

In general though, thanks for the pep talk. Time to own it.

Being Tall

I'm only an inch shorter than you and have never, ever felt out of place or odd being taller than 95% of people.

It's in your head.

When you can learn to develop the dominant personality and mass that your frame is screaming out for you will be unstoppable!

(By the way, if you are lifting correctly and not filling out you probably need to eat more. Lots more.)

Being Tall

1) Great User Name

2) Someone needs to put a classic game book in front of you. You seem to not even be aware of what game is.

You're correct in that being Tall is instant attention.
The sort of questions you're asking right now lean towards avoiding attention.

3) What do people/girls think when they see a tall guy?

They assume that he's a good leader. Maybe it's something about looking up, but that's what everyone assumes.

So when they talk to you, they're expecting you to live up to this idea in their minds. If you have that "leadership" vibe, they will FOLLOW. If you don't, they will move on. That's why when you see these perfect looking guys with ugly girl friends, it's often because the externals don't match the behavior. Looks like a boss, acts like an employee.

Knowing that's the typical social reaction for you....

4) You need to take their attention and do something with it.

Maybe you want them to believe/confirm that you are in fact a leader. Well that means standing tall, that means addressing them firmly....there's plenty of books on what a leader looks like and how a leader acts.

This is not the place for that sort of nonsense.

You're on a game board, so I think you should be leading these chicks to bed.

There are 3 basic phases of a pick up (check out Mystery's book or Love Bullets by Savoy. All pick up follows this basic format, though some people call it different things.)

- Attraction - get their attention, show value until she reacts to you and starts chasing you, make her work for your validation, then you give it to her when she's earned it.

- Trust/comfort - now that you've established you like each other - a bit of getting to know one another, and ideally a bit of privacy

- Seduction - getting her home and convincing her to read the Qur'an with you.

Using this basic framework

When you're tall
-You get attention - that's taken care of
- If they open you and want to start chatting - the open part is taken care of as well.
- Your height is sometimes a little bit of value. But it's not everything.

Now if a chick is eager to talk to you, eager to interact - you should interact with her.

There are lots of things you can do to make her a true believer.

- Verbally - Don't respond to her comment about you being tall logically. It's tempting to go into some sort of smart ass remark, or just say thank you.

NO.

That's what she expects. Never give her what she expects. Make her react to you and what you do.

What you should do is start a conversation on your terms. You can talk about anything, in anyway that you want to. (well almost anything, and almost anyway).

The key here is that treat the whole encounter as if you walked up to the girl, got her attention, and opened her. And then run your game the way you run it. (which might be non-existent)

- Physically

1) Put your hand out so that you can measure each other's hands. (good conversation starter, breaks the touch barrier. Builds both sexual attraction and sexual comfort.

2) Pick the girl up, if she's small- "Now you are too" - same principles

Your height is a tool.

- Stand beside her
- put your foot out
- have her put her foot out to measure
then say

"You know what they say about guys with big feet"

- She might say "big dick", She might say nothing. She might say "what."

You say, "They need big shoes."

Why would I do this
- I want some adventure in the pick up
- if I can get compliance from her this early on, it will be fun
- I'll suggest (but never say aloud) at something naughty, and let her mind fill in the blanks
- And then I'm going to release the sexual tension with the joke.
- I can even go further "what did you think I was gonna say, are you one of those bad girls that my mum warned me about?" - and have her play the bad girl role.

Once I have that joke established, I can return to it a few times with the same sort of punchline BUT as the night goes on, I will switch it from funny to sexy.

You -You know what they say about a guy with long fingers
Her - "He needs big gloves"
You - "No, he has a big dick...I thought everyone knew that. I know you're not a prude, you're just trying to get out from the dog house"

ETC.

So find some books on game. Read them.

Take these everyday moments and maximize them for game purposes.

WIA

Being Tall

Another good one is when they ask you whether you play basketball or anything, respond and then ask them back "so do you guys play miniature golf?"

"Especially Roosh offers really good perspectives. But like MW said, at the end of the day, is he one of us?"

- Reciproke, posted on the Roosh V Forum.

Being Tall

Complaining about being 6'5 is like complaining about having an 8" cock.

Just put on some muscle, at your height probably like 20-30lbs or more so you don't look like a lanky fuck.

And just cause some slut mentions your height doesn't mean you even have to respond or acknowledge what she said anyway.

Being Tall

Clever user name. Im a bit to the left of you in the bell curve of height (6'2") and it is indeed something I never put much stock into until I discovered game and thought back to all those "wow you're tall" comments from girls. As far as dressing down, I would not and do not as height is a tremendous advantage. In the past few years as I have matured, found game, improved body composition, etc I have been wearing more bold clothing. Yellows, oranges, light greens, vertical stripe shirts, etc. People over 6' already tend to stand out in a room and wearing clothes that will get you noticed will make you the center of attention, even passively.

Posture and confidence go hand in hand. Walking upright, chin up as you survey the world at your feet will be as noticeable to people as your height. Lifting really has helped my posture tremendously, deadlifts particularly. Ive also been thin always, even had to get a weight waiver to join the military for being under weight for my height. Ive found if I want to gain muscle I need to lift 3+ days a week and consume 3-4k cal a day, which is its own challenge but not insurmountable.

Being Tall

You could make wisecracks about never washing in hot water.

Tell her to quit being short with you...

Sigh wistfully and say "and I wanted to be a jockey"

Or, I've seen a friend of that size go "high five" to a six year old and hold his hand at ear level...

Being Tall

I'm also on the taller than average spectrum. Being 6'6, I get those types of questions quite a bit. That, and the "do you play basketball" question.

Since I sucked at that sport, I tell them the truth that I was a college athlete for another sport.

Conversation is pretty easy for me so I usually just BS with random stuff.

Couple big things I try to keep in mind when I go out is to make sure I look good and have good posture. Believe I saw another member post about that aspect. If you look good and have good posture that shows your confidence, many women will be eye fucking you.

That is not a bad thing!

In regards to you being on the lankier side, I didn't gain weight until after I graduated college. Now, I'm much bigger with some muscle. It has greatly boosted my confidence. I started buying better fitting clothing which brought out my physique. Many women started to notice which helped me with approaching and my overall game.

Never under appreciate your height. You have a great natural advantage. All you need to do is own it and make a few personal goals to increase that confidence.

Reporter: What keeps you awake at night?
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

OKC Data Sheet

Being Tall

Quote: (06-22-2016 07:36 PM)Remington Wrote:  

In regards to you being on the lankier side, I didn't gain weight until after I graduated college. Now, I'm much bigger with some muscle. It has greatly boosted my confidence.

Yeah I have come to realise I really only fully stopped growing a year or so ago! I am definitely lifting as much as I am able to - looking to get a stack of protein powders to improve gains. Here's hoping a six-pack is on the horizon.

I started buying better fitting clothing which brought out my physique. Many women started to notice which helped me with approaching and my overall game.

On the clothing front - you're pretty much the same size as me it sounds like. Any decent spots that you found that don't make clothes for fat people? I live back in the UK now - I was in the States - so its even harder to find long enough pants! Any brands that seem to make clothes for the lanksters?

I hear you can get $300 tailored suits from thailand or somewhere if you send them your measurements. If you're even in Debenhams in the UK - they have a line of shirts that fits me perfectly; you would have to ask in their tailoring section. I didn't have to get it altered or anything.

Another option people have suggested is buying the parachute shirts from Ross or somewhere and going to a tailor's and paying to have them taken in - apparently this isn't too costly.

Finally; I bet you were either a swimmer or volleyball player. Lanky 6'6 people don't do much else in sports right!?

Being Tall

I'll write something more in depth in a bit mate, but some immediate first thoughts I'm going to give you that I can type up on mobile I might forget later as one tall guy to another(sitting at 6'3" so I'm in that golden range for being tall and getting all the benefits not the bad parts):

1. As earlier posters said posture is big.

2. Start speaking loudly and clearly. A big guy means a big voice. Let your voice carry a little and it'll definitely build up your confidence about being tall. Also will help with night game.

3. A choice username my friend. Might want to avoid the politics part of the forum as you might be eating a ban or the very least a verbal lashing for being a lefty. Don't worry I don't judge though. [Image: smile.gif]

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Being Tall

Quote: (06-23-2016 05:09 AM)Comte De St. Germain Wrote:  

A choice username my friend. Might want to avoid the politics part of the forum as you might be eating a ban or the very least a verbal lashing for being a lefty. Don't worry I don't judge though. [Image: smile.gif]

Thanks! I think I'll be OK. I don't remember reading anything in the rules prohibiting a particular political stance. I think what I think for good reasons. If people don't like me or disagree that's fine. But to ban me from a space designed for an exchange of ideas and tips might be going a bit far, I think. People can harp on at me as much as they like so long as I don't get banned [Image: smile.gif]

You guys all seemed friendly enough about it anyway! Maybe you might see that someone can have particular political ideas and be a sexual/life winner.

Being Tall

I find that Banana Republic and to a lesser extent Express clothes fit me the best.

Great suggestion above on speaking and voice projection.

Being Tall

Matt Mosko is 6'7". Check out how he carries himself.
https://www.instagram.com/mattmosko/

Being Tall

Quote: (06-23-2016 04:52 AM)FeeltheBern Wrote:  

In regards to you being on the lankier side, I didn't gain weight until after I graduated college. Now, I'm much bigger with some muscle. It has greatly boosted my confidence.

Yeah I have come to realise I really only fully stopped growing a year or so ago! I am definitely lifting as much as I am able to - looking to get a stack of protein powders to improve gains. Here's hoping a six-pack is on the horizon.

I started buying better fitting clothing which brought out my physique. Many women started to notice which helped me with approaching and my overall game.

On the clothing front - you're pretty much the same size as me it sounds like. Any decent spots that you found that don't make clothes for fat people? I live back in the UK now - I was in the States - so its even harder to find long enough pants! Any brands that seem to make clothes for the lanksters?

I hear you can get $300 tailored suits from thailand or somewhere if you send them your measurements. If you're even in Debenhams in the UK - they have a line of shirts that fits me perfectly; you would have to ask in their tailoring section. I didn't have to get it altered or anything.

Another option people have suggested is buying the parachute shirts from Ross or somewhere and going to a tailor's and paying to have them taken in - apparently this isn't too costly.

Finally; I bet you were either a swimmer or volleyball player. Lanky 6'6 people don't do much else in sports right!?

Funny enough, my best fitting V-neck shirts came from Target. I've bought a couple shirts from Untuckit, but they are super expensive, hence why I only have a couple.

Regarding pants like dress pants and jeans, I order all my stuff online. It's much easier to find what you need if you order a few sizes, then return what doesn't fit. But, if I do shop for pants, I go straight to Nordstrom.

And, no, didn't play either sport. After the weight and muscle gain, many people asked if I was a tight end.

Reporter: What keeps you awake at night?
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

OKC Data Sheet

Being Tall

Quote: (06-20-2016 08:06 AM)FeeltheBern Wrote:  

Hi,

This is my first post on the forum. I'm relatively new but have read around the topic a little.

Anyway, I have a less common status in the world than most. I'm 6'5 and slender. I appear taller than most other people. I'm also kinda lanky - trying to put on muscle but its a long haul!

It's not necessarily a bad thing really. Just means that you might get more curiosity than anything. In all honesty, guys care more about the looks of a chick(in general) than vice versa. As long as you aren't ugly, look like a neckbeard, etc.

Quote:Quote:

Anyway, I have a few points I wanted to hear what you guys thought about.

1. I don't need to attract attention as much as other guys because women inevitably notice me. I am also extrovert and skate around a lot - people recognize me fairly quickly. I usually get positive attention from it. This is good right?!

There's no such thing as bad attention. The more curiosity and attention you get with people coming out of there way to talk to you the better. I would even try to make eye contact whenever you find a cute chick staring then talk to her even just a "Hey I just had to come over and talk to you." And when she asks why make sure to comment on anything besides how good she looks. Her vibe, necklace, the way she carries herself, etc. etc. etc. A good habit to start from now on to maximize that kind of attention(and ensuring it's positive) is that you should always be decked to the 9s.

If you're always looking your best(as in you could drop into a party and kill it right then and there), then you'll feel more confident, comfortable, and will get better results. Use that natural attention positively and up the ante. Make sure every day you step out of your house you're looking your best.

"I prefer king-size." is what I would say to the first. And "Guess." to the second. It's always fun to play around. Do a bit of wordplay. Add a bit of wit. Well that being the bare minimum.

Telling them that they're small comes across as negative as you correctly noticed so find a way to make yourself even more interesting and mysterious not bring them down. Create a sense of grandeur in you mate. It isn't everyday they meet a tall and probably good looking guy(if you get "Wow you're tall" instead of "How tall are you?" sometimes then odds are you're pretty well off genetically).

You'll also have to be able to keep that going and play it into a conversation. Right after I the king size comment I would deflect it right back to her. Always add continue that kind of a line into something interesting.

3. Being taller than most guys I don't feel the need to demonstrate my physical abilities. I weigh more and am usually stronger than 70% of them. I am active, but this doesn't come across because a good amount of muscle on me looks like i've not tried very much. Not sure if this comes across as beta or not. I usually have to go out of my way to make sure i'm not taking up more space than is reasonable and walking the correct speed etc.

That isn't a problem. It's more about presence and the way you carry yourself. If you act strong you'll appear strong. Correct your posture so it looks like a good mixture of dominant and laid back. Taking up space and being as relaxed as you can be like a king on his throne tends to be the best approach.

I'd highly suggest paying close to attention to the kind of people you see killing it and how they sit as well as their body language. It's good primer to sort of adapt yourself.

CleanSlate's Body Language datasheet might also be helpful in this regard.

4. Should I dress down a little more to draw less attention to myself? Just a thought.

No dress up as I told you earlier in my response right here. More attention is always better than less. Be the flyest guy in the room and always act like you are. We can help you out with the specifics of flirting with chicks after.

Cheers mate and best of luck!

All the best,

Comte

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Being Tall

Every inch higher means more action, the chicks really dig it.

Being Tall

Quote: (06-20-2016 12:48 PM)TornadoByProxy Wrote:  

Your insecurity about your height is due to being challenged more by women, and being cut down more by men. I'm tall too and learned that short guys, especially under 5'7", will be very intimidated by us. They will cut you down every chance they can get because of jealousy and insecurity about their height. They know they don't measure up.
You just need to remember that you won. Learn to dismiss any criticisms. And keep a strong posture at all times.

This is completely delusional and has to be in your mind. The tall are not persecuted.

Being Tall

Quote: (06-24-2016 05:25 AM)egionesco Wrote:  

This is completely delusional and has to be in your mind. The tall are not persecuted.

In my experience some short guys do deride us talls for being 'lanky fucks'