rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Norway massacre

Norway massacre

Just heard that, under Norwegian law, the most the guy can be jailed for is 21 years.

How is that right?

Norway massacre

Wow, it looks like you're correct. I knew Scandinavia in general was extremely progressive, but I didn't think it extended this far.

That's Norweigian liberalism for you, I guess. Personally, I favor capital punishment, but I can't see that ever coming close to happening even in a case like this.
If there is enough anger, though(and it looks like there probably will be), the sentence could be raised in this case. I think he'll see more than 21.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Norway massacre

He deserves life at the least.

Norway massacre

I haven't read all of it closely but when I heard this I wondered if they could pin 21 years on him for each individual killing. That would take care of it. I don't know though.

Norway massacre

A similar sutuation in Colombia by a guy named Luis Alfredo "garavito". He massacred close 80 children between 8-10 years old. There is no death penalty in Colombia, and he could not be charged fir each individual murder. His sentence was 15 years for the brutal rape, sodomy and murder of 80 children that he confessed to.

He was set free this year 2011. Many doubt he us still alive after being released.

Mixx

Norway massacre

That's one thing I love about America. We don't fuck around. You do some shit like kill a bunch of children here and you end up in the electric chair like you deserve.

Norway massacre

"progressive"

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Norway massacre

Quote: (07-25-2011 01:12 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

That's one thing I love about America. We don't fuck around. You do some shit like kill a bunch of children here and you end up in the electric chair like you deserve.

Not really speakeasy. Casey Anthony is a free woman today!

Mixx

Norway massacre

Touché

Norway massacre

Those European laws are harsh.

Norway massacre

this world is spiraling into a s**hole.

Norway massacre

Norway massacre

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/norway-k...ry-prison/

Living like a king

Norway massacre

Quote: (07-29-2011 11:27 AM)houston Wrote:  

Living like a king
humm sounds good.. free food and comfort for 21 years! he can plan already his next big plan.. Seems like going to the jail in Norway is not that bad

Norway massacre

Scandinavian prisons are generally pretty humane. I had a lizard from DK (Denmark) who told me a friend of hers assaulted a cop because he was homeless (at the time), cold and hungry. He needed the comfort of prison (preferable than the streets).

I think he was jailed for a week. Jail = Free three squares a day, possible playstation access and comfy bunk.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Norway massacre

He'll get the Scandinavian equivalent of a max or a super-max pen with 23/23.5 hr lockdown. He'll get his meals and a bunk, no TV or playstation, and very little human interaction which will actually make things much easier for him. It'll be humane quarters without any hostilities, nothing like an American max.

You're right, Moma. A lot homeless people, in Canada too, commit lesser crimes to be in the 'care' of a minimum pen.

Norway massacre

Sounds just like death row in an American prison luckystar. How is it different?

Norway massacre

Quote: (07-29-2011 02:01 PM)houston Wrote:  

Sounds just like death row in an American prison luckystar. How is it different?

You might be right, Houston. Death row, from what I know, is 23 hr confinement (like gang units, if you know what that is). I would still imagine the Scandinavian pens to be more comfortable, in terms of food and facility though.

Norway massacre

Quote: (07-29-2011 11:27 AM)houston Wrote:  

Living like a king

That's just fucking sick...

This is real-life clockwork orange shit right here

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Norway massacre

Luckystar - I know a few people who have been in Texas prisons and they told me the worst thing is boredom. Shit, I'm sure those prisons are a lot more comfortable than the ones here.

There's a good show that I used to watch on national geographic. Locked Up Abroad or something like that. Shows hows prisons are in different countries.

Norway massacre

Considering the gruesomeness of this massacre I'm surprised by the focus of this thread.

I definitely don't like contrasting nation's good/bads sides against each other but some of you guys totting the superiority of harsh prisons are definitely not aware of the sorry state of prisons in countries such as the US, Mexico, Columbia, Brazil. Personnel security/corruption is prevalent. Overcrowding is a constant concern where minor criminals (marijuana possession for ex) are put on long sentences and turned into hardened criminals due to the gang structure. The rehabilitation focus of the Norwegian penal system is definitely not adequate for dealing with a psychopath of ABB's cailber. But you can't bend the system to target one man, that would be to suspend habeus corpus, which is exactly the kind of reaction a political extremist like ABB is seeking. As the Norwegian PM has been quoted saying as a response to this attack, the solution is more openness and democracy. I grudgingly agree with him on this point.

Norway massacre

Prisons should be harsh, but the laws should be lax.

Norway massacre

The dude was a free mason:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zMGb8FnZ-hg/Ti...emason.jpg

You can see the white gloves, and the apron.

The atack had probably something to do with Norway resigning from Lybia operations.

Norway massacre

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...slims.html

Norway massacre

These are the scenarios as I see the:.
- He is sentenced to 21 years in prison under a certain regime that means he will be re-evaluated at the end of that time, when he would otherwise be released. This gives the authorities the possibility to keep him locked up forever and is the most likely scenario. Norwegian courts do not stack sentences like in the US. 21 years is the total sentence.
- He is sentenced to 30 years in prison for crimes against humanity. This sentence can probably also be extended, although that would likely require some sort of court decision.
It is in essence very unlikely that he will be released until he's like 75 and poses no threat. It's just not politically possible - the popular outrage would be too great.
It's also unlikely that he'll be murdered in prison. It is the responsibility of the authorities to see to it that it is safe to serve prison time. He will be kept isolated for years on end. It seems his best chance is suicide.