rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Mommy loves you!" claims mom to her todler hanging out with a silverback gorilla

"Mommy loves you!" claims mom to her todler hanging out with a silverback gorilla

Cincy zoo.

The 4 year old kid somehow falls into a gorilla enclosure.

He is greeted by a curious, but confused 400 lbs. silverback.

The raw video also shows gorilla occasionally dragging the kid in the water (fun times)
(*most videos out there omit the dragging part)

Throughout the ordeal, a fairly unfazed female voice can be heard on camera:
"Mommy loves you!" "Someone get my kid out of there!".

The ordeal lasted about 10 min.

In the end, the zoo wardens shoot the gorilla dead.
(*their life expectancy in captivity is about 50 years. This guy was 17.)

The kid lives and will be alright.

Should have shot the kid... or the mom for being a bad mother.

Quote: (05-29-2016 04:00 PM)Mike5055 Wrote:  

Rather give them a cage of their own.

“As long as you are going to be thinking anyway, think big.” - Donald J. Trump

"I don't get all the women I want, I get all the women who want me." - David Lee Roth

They couldn't tranq dart the gorilla? I know a normal dose takes around 15 minutes to work, but just up the dosage and try like hell to save it after the kid is clear.

Quote: (05-29-2016 04:10 PM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  

They couldn't tranq dart the gorilla? I know a normal dose takes around 15 minutes to work, but just up the dosage and try like hell to save it after the kid is clear.

If they did that, and the big guy goes mad and dismantles the lil' one,

could you imagine the "mommy's" lawsuit?

I can:

"Gosh, they killed my precious, innocent child!" with their irresponsible and unprofessional handling of this unfortunate, tragic and preventable accident!

Dumb cunt.

My mom would have never let me fall into that pit.

And if I did, she would have jumped down after me in the blink of an eye.

As with all such situations: Where's the Father?
Oh wait Daddy=Govt.

"Mommy's right here!"

"Yeah mommy, and I'm way the fuck down here! With a 400 pound gorilla dragging my ass around!"

It's tragic, but I understand why the zoo did what it did. They didn't want to take any chances. A few years ago, another genius mother lifted her kid up & over a railing at a zoo so he could get a better look at some wild African dogs. She lost her grip on the child, he fell in with the dogs, and . . . . they ate him. The zoo ended up settling out of court for an undisclosed amount:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...-1.1814515

Quote: (05-29-2016 04:18 PM)Roadrunner Wrote:  

As with all such situations: Where's the Father?

Do you notice how absolutely commonplace it's becoming for news stories involving kids to reference the mother, with no mention of a father? We're slowly becoming accustomed to the idea that kids have mothers, but fathers are (at best) extremely optional.

Delete

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

― Hunter S. Thompson

2019 COLOMBIA MOTORCYCLE TRIP DATASHEET

Mom fucked up, but there isn't any evidence that she was doing drugs, off taking a dick behind the polar bear enclosure or swiping left on Tinder when this occurred.

This may be a case of nothing more than a parent looking away for a few seconds -- just long enough for a child to crawl through a fence.

I find it easier to be critical of parents who let their children become obese. There's no justification for that.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (05-29-2016 04:00 PM)Mike5055 Wrote:  

Seriously? The fuck is wrong with you.

I think the zoo did the right thing. Parents were absentminded probably and yes, maybe charges should be filed... however I tend to agree with the spokesperson here.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Not sure what is wrong with peoples mentality that animals > young child. It really speaks volumes about what has happened in our world where seemingly sane adults are calling for the death of a small boy over the life of a gorilla.

The one that had me confused is where that suicidal guy jumped into the lion pit and was trying to get attacked by the lions so they shot the lions.

Kids can be a pain in the ass, especially little boys. They run around like they are on meth half the time, pupils dilated and everything. Single moms trying to handle them alone is a joke.

They did what had to be done. It's unfortunate that this proud looking strapping young male had to be put down, but no matter the circumstances humans put their own lives above all other creatures - as they should.

We play "god" already by creating artificial habitats to put captured wild animals in - and what we giveth we also taketh away.

Doesn't matter how many small-minded ignorant facebook posts you see of people saying "dogs > people" or that they value animals lives more than humans because animals are inherently innocent - no one would actually step up and sacrifice the life of their own child to save the life of an endangered animal. We go to great lengths to preserve human life.

For the life of me, I don't know why the fuck the zoos don't put a mild voltage through the top rail of the fences at the open enclosures.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Quote: (05-29-2016 04:16 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Dumb cunt.

My mom would have never let me fall into that pit.

And if I did, she would have jumped down after me in the blink of an eye.

I agree. When I was a kid and jumped in the gorilla pit my mom pulled me right out. But oh man, was I in for it.

She'd usually make me clean out the cobra cage and then put it on YouTube to embarrass me:

All joking aside, let's address the 400 pound gorilla in the room...

Do you guys check under the bed for feminists before you go to sleep?

This video has nothing to do with women or any issues some might have at all. Its about a kid that fell in a gorilla pit. He didn't fall in there because his mother is unwed, or gets child support or votes for Hillary Clinton.

Have you ever taken little kids to the zoo? They run wild and act like maniacs.

In fact, I heard the mother summoning Jesus and begging for help, but also trying to keep calm, and keep the kid calm. I think she handled it well.

Aloha!

The outpouring of human hatred in online comments about the death of this gorilla is truly remarkable. There are many many comments suggesting that it would have been much better if the parents of the kid were executed for their stupidity and negligence than for the precious gorilla to die.

If anyone wants to know what I mean when I speak about Year Zero nihilism, the online reaction to this incident is a prime example -- as clear as you can get. Under the metaphysics of nihilism, the "innocent" -- animals, children, the environment, etc -- are privileged because they are the creatures not aware of the truth of "meaninglessness" of the world all the way down the line.

When an innocent creature like this infinitely precious gorilla has to die -- and in the worst way possible, being shot by white men with guns -- because of the idiocy and carelessness shown by human beings who pretend that they can just have fun and mess around in the face of the known truth of "meaninglessness", this adds unbearable insult to already grievous injury. It proves to the YZ nihilist, as if more proof were needed, that the human being is the real sickness that must be eradicated so that the innocent silverback Saint Harambe may live.

That is what the online reaction to this event is really animated by, even if the people making their feelings known may not explicitly realize this. It's bad news.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Generation YZ is stricken by such rank misanthropy while conversely being incessantly narcissistic. It's wild. We love to judge others for things we have little to no experience doing and/or have never been there before in our lives. We love to cast judgment and "mobilize" via Twitter and other online forms of slacktivism that are ultimately meaningless and devoid of any actual action. Gen YZ also hates children and the idea of breeding is revolting to most.

Again though, as I said earlier, then it comes down to brass tax it's really all just talk. Such disconnected and ignorant people living vicariously through the internet have no inkling of what they would do if they were actually in such a situation.

No one would rather watch a child die than a gorilla - no one who isn't a demented would-be-serial killer anyway. No one would actually be happy if the story read "Mother drops child in Gorilla pen; Gorilla mauls child to death and mother kills herself."

People just like talking on the internet because the scope with which we view things today is so warped and synthetic feeling. Real life has never felt more like "The Matrix" than it does today.

Couple of things:

(1) Those of you complaining about the mother calling "Mommy loves you! Mommy's right here!" seem to have missed the fact that on that same section of the tape you can hear the kid screaming in fear. Not an unreasonable response when you're standing next to a wild animal literally three times your size and roughly ten times your mass. Did any of you guys consider the possibility she's trying to reassure the kid, try and keep him from freaking out so the gorilla doesn't tear him limb from limb, given she can't do the natural thing and jump into the fucking cage herself?

(2) I'd like to meet the sniper they must've had on the team who took out something that big and agitated with one or two shots. He's must've picked his moment well if the kid was still around, given a deadweight of 400 pounds is probably enough to kill a kid if it falls on him. And kudos to the response time and decisiveness of their response team. Apparently the kid was with the gorilla a total of 10 minutes. That's fucking fast response allowing for the delay in notifying the team and then assembling a squad to assess and take the animal out. Better than your friendly neighbourhood overmilitarised SWAT team, anyway.

(3) Echoing what's already been said, when they interviewed the zoo manager on tape he was asked why they couldn't use a trank: his answer was that while a tranquiliser dart would take the animal out, it would take 15 minutes. The response to such a shot he said would have been "energetic", i.e. shooting it would have made it mad as hell and not unlikely to associate the pain with the small intruder in front of it, i.e.e. a fucking death sentence for the kid. Heightening the dose I'd guess doesn't help because the substance still has to make its way through the animal's bloodstream; I really doubt there's an instant knockout trank gun like they show in the movies.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

A real shame for the gorilla since the child had entered his domain. Especially when you see some instances where he was as gentle as a 180 kg gorilla can be with a child. However, the right choice was made by taking the shot.

A tranquilliser may have provoked him during the few minutes it would take to have an effect. In the circumstances, the zoo had to do their utmost to ensure the boy's safety. They performed admirably.

So, who else read the thread title and thought "oh Christ, not another race thread..."

No, but I knew a thread about a gorilla being killed in the US would devolve into a race thread.

There was a traveling circus that came to Hawaii a long time ago and one of the elephants went crazy. I was thinking of it when I first read this thread.

It stomped on a few people, then ran onto the street, trashed some shit, And the cops just opened fire on the thing.

I can't believe it, but the video of this is on YouTube.

Check out the Hawaiian cowboy in the green shirt that came out of nowhere withe old west style rifle!

And you hear the lady yelling "die fucking animal" I bet she's the owner of the electric blue iroc-z the elephant is fucking up.

Mahalo to whoever started this thread for reminding me of that.

Please watch the video.

Aloha!

Unrelated comment. But still sort of related.

Imagine if you were trapped in a cage with a wild animal who was trying to stalk you. And imagine you had to find a way to seek cover and concealment, while the predator was plotting ways to get you.

A. Conan Doyle wrote a great short story--one of my favorites--about a guy whose murderous uncle locked him in a cage overnight with a ferocious jungle cat. It's a fearsome story of suspense and revenge. The title of the story is "The Brazilian Cat."

Just thought I'd mention that, since we're talking about cages and wild animals.

That video does make me real curious to think of what would have happened if the gorilla played with the kid a bit longer.

I suppose the crying would have eventually pissed it off enough and the kid would have had all his limbs plucked off or got King Konged right into the wall.

However, based on what we see with gorillas in the wild this probably isn't a foregone conclusion either.

Chimps and maybe Baboons would have definitely savaged him right away though.

It would have been fascinating but yeah I generally agree shooting it was unfortunately the only safe way to save the kid.

That kid could grow up to be a great man. That gorilla will grow up to just be a gorilla. The sacrifice was a no-brainer.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.