rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fashionable Bodybuilding Wear?

Anyone know of any good places to buy good bodybuilding wear that isn't just crap with stupid slogans like 'train insaiyan' 'no pain no gain' 'train insane or remain the same' 'single taken at the gym getting gains' or other stupid cheesy, tryhard shit?

I like stuff more like this.. that's more plain without all the tryhard logos and 'funny quotes' on them that look good if you are muscular and show it off. More understated but looks good not like "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME I LIFT LOOK AT THE QUOTES".

[Image: M_TEE_136_BK_F_LRG_175x175.jpg]

I was going to buy that and a few others, but it's out of stock.

I find it hard to find clothes I like, so many clothes stores just have feminine/gay type clothes that seems to be the fashion now, you know skinny red or pink jeans, horrible gay looking shirts. I don't know how anyone wears skinny jeans, I tried them on and they squashed my balls and they aren't made for someone with muscular legs.

So I just buy clothes as I see them when I occasionally find something I like. I was trying to find more examples but I searched for ages and it was difficult.

Why not just buy plain UA, Nike Dri-fit or something similar?

Hijacking the thread a bit - any good regular looking clothes that stretch a bit?

I always seem to fall into the little smaller size is a touch to small - looks like I am trying hard to show what little muscle I have and the bigger one doesn't show enough shape.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Tanktop and chucks.

Because fashion in a gym is lame, you're there to lift, not to walk a runway.

Leave it to the chicks to dress slutty.

are you looking for something to wear to the gym or outside the gym that shows your build off more? I thought you were talking for the gym but then you mentioned skinny jeans so I'm not sure.

If it's in gym, iron rebel and steel make great fitting shirts that usually aren't over the top with slogans, if you check their sales, shirts can be had for 20ish bucks and are great for the gym. Steels logo can be a little intense but the shirts fit awesome if youre fit. Both are made with the bb'er in mind. Warhammer as well but I find their shit cheesy but to each their own, I know lots of guys who dig it but just not me.

Why tees with words at all?

A quality, fitted plain tee is the way to go.

Americans are dreamers too

The guys wearing the nicest lifting schwag are usually the least huge.

Quote: (05-10-2016 04:31 PM)Hades Wrote:  

The guys wearing the nicest lifting schwag are usually the least huge.

3 of the biggest guys at our gym wear standard or thinner tank tops, with basic gym shorts or sweats.

The biggest blackest dude I've ever seen there rocks a fanny pack also.

It's usually the the average sized kids or shredded but lean kids that wear the "swag" bullshit, all matching everything.

I'd rather put money into protein, food, supps, than looking good at the gym.

Ok I should clarify, i'm not specifically looking for stuff like this to wear IN the gym and it doesn't even have to be specfically 'bodybuilding wear' but that was my example as I was looking for something last night.

Basically clothes that look good with a muscular build and are masculine looking.

Quote:Quote:

Why not just buy plain UA, Nike Dri-fit or something similar?

I'll have a look, even ideas like that is good. As shopping in most normal stores I can't find things I like.

Tanktop and chucks.

Because fashion in a gym is lame, you're there to lift, not to walk a runway.

Leave it to the chicks to dress slutty.

Yeah I didn't mean for the gym, I just wear cargo pants or pants I got from GASP and a shirt or a singlet/tanktop.

are you looking for something to wear to the gym or outside the gym that shows your build off more? I thought you were talking for the gym but then you mentioned skinny jeans so I'm not sure.

Yeah sorry, I meant mainly outside of the gym. But both in the gym I want to avoid the tryhard stuff with quotes and all that, as I agree it's mainly these young guys and a certain 'type' who think they are big but aren't that big that wear it.

Quote: (05-10-2016 12:32 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

Hijacking the thread a bit - any good regular looking clothes that stretch a bit?

I always seem to fall into the little smaller size is a touch to small - looks like I am trying hard to show what little muscle I have and the bigger one doesn't show enough shape.

Same problem here.

In a medium tee i look like I'm trying too hard ... tight as fuck everywhere. In a large tee, I'm on that "Do You Even Lift" mode.

I suggest buying Euro tees. A Euro large is somewhere between an American medium and Large. A Euro XL is somewhere between an American L and XL. Euro tees also taper narrower towards the waist and make you look better unlike shitty American clothing that widens as it goes down & makes you look like a box.

Quote: (05-10-2016 08:55 PM)Anabasis to Desta Wrote:  

snip

snip

I suggest buying Euro tees. A Euro large is somewhere between an American medium and Large. A Euro XL is somewhere between an American L and XL. Euro tees also taper narrower towards the waist and make you look better unlike shitty American clothing that widens as it goes down & makes you look like a box.

Easy to get in the US? Any particular stores? Thanks for the info.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Quote: (05-10-2016 08:55 PM)Anabasis to Desta Wrote:  

Same problem here.

In a medium tee i look like I'm trying too hard ... tight as fuck everywhere. In a large tee, I'm on that "Do You Even Lift" mode.

Can you get the Aussie Brand 'Bonds' where you guys are? They stretch easily across the chest and shoulders and have a narrow waist cut. Tight around the biceps though. If you're rocking a Low BF%, they're great.

The other alternative: wear the bigger shirt, then throw a buttoned vest over the top to hug tightly-around you waist. Accentuates a V-shape well. I favour them because I risk looking like a barrel on legs due to the thickness of my chest.

If you get big enough to start needing specially-tailored vests, you won't have to worry about looking like you're trying too hard.

Quote: (05-10-2016 07:51 PM)Dominance Wrote:  

Yeah sorry, I meant mainly outside of the gym. But both in the gym I want to avoid the tryhard stuff with quotes and all that, as I agree it's mainly these young guys and a certain 'type' who think they are big but aren't that big that wear it.

outside the gym, the only brand I wear is LNA, they're not exclusively made for bb'ers but they fit athletic guys well. Not the cheapest t around but in around 50 bucks its not bank breaking either. I struggled with tees but saw a pic of Joe Mangienello wearing one of their tees a few years back and it fit him well, and hes got solid size and musculature so I tried it, haven't gone to another brand since. There is also a tailored tee company, I havent tried it yet but you give them your measurements and they produce a tee. A tailored t if its well made would be ideal. I'll be giving them a try soon. I hate logos on my daily wear so LNA is just a plain tee and the tailored im not sure what they offer in terms of prints etc but I do know they make a simple plain tee like I usually throw on. LNA also has some henleys that look great on guys with muscle as well.

I just buy comfortable shirts that are breathable so I dont get all sweaty. You can grab them at costco for $10 each. The logo shirts I've only seen fat girls who go to crossfit wearing them. Which is funny because the only way you'd know they worked out is because of their shirts.

Quote: (05-11-2016 12:39 AM)samsamsam Wrote:  

Easy to get in the US? Any particular stores? Thanks for the info.

A bitch to get in the US unless you order online but I experimented with some Euro brands and have narrowed it down to Burton Menswear London. A UK brand with the best combo of affordability, quality and fit. You will not be disappointed.

http://www.burton.co.uk/webapp/wcs/store...oip=noship

Quote: (05-11-2016 09:19 AM)mikeymike Wrote:  

outside the gym, the only brand I wear is LNA, they're not exclusively made for bb'ers but they fit athletic guys well. Not the cheapest t around but in around 50 bucks its not bank breaking either. I struggled with tees but saw a pic of Joe Mangienello wearing one of their tees a few years back and it fit him well, and hes got solid size and musculature so I tried it, haven't gone to another brand since. There is also a tailored tee company, I havent tried it yet but you give them your measurements and they produce a tee. A tailored t if its well made would be ideal. I'll be giving them a try soon. I hate logos on my daily wear so LNA is just a plain tee and the tailored im not sure what they offer in terms of prints etc but I do know they make a simple plain tee like I usually throw on. LNA also has some henleys that look great on guys with muscle as well.

Sounds awesome, what's the name of the company?

Quote: (05-11-2016 01:15 AM)AnonymousBosch Wrote:  

Can you get the Aussie Brand 'Bonds' where you guys are? They stretch easily across the chest and shoulders and have a narrow waist cut. Tight around the biceps though. If you're rocking a Low BF%, they're great.

The other alternative: wear the bigger shirt, then throw a buttoned vest over the top to hug tightly-around you waist. Accentuates a V-shape well. I favour them because I risk looking like a barrel on legs due to the thickness of my chest.

I really like the vest idea. Will be experimenting soon. I checked out Bonds and they do deliver online but aren't Aussie sizes same as American sizes? That's considering half you guys look like you could take down a Kodiak Bear.

Some brands that come to mind that form fitting and are made from a softer higher quality fabric.

Keep in mind these are brands I see guys buy at my shop every weekend.

Volcom
RVCA
OBEY
Billabong

They have your standard thick cut AAA tees then they have soft form fitting shirts as well.

Some even label them as standard or slim(modern) fit.

A blank black soft fabric V neck is a must have as well.

I also see guys rocking LIVFIT

http://shop.livefitapparel.com/

Quote: (05-11-2016 11:30 AM)kaotic Wrote:  

Volcom
RVCA
OBEY
Billabong

You work at PacSun bro?

Quote:mikeymike Wrote:

Not the cheapest t around but in around 50 bucks its not bank breaking either.

In what world is $50 considered reasonable for a T-shirt? Hell, I grit my teeth when I go to a concert and a band shirt is more than $20.

H&M sells crew and V-neck tees made from thin fabric at like $5-$10 each. I would like something with a more tapered fit so this Euro tee business seems worth looking into.

Quote: (05-11-2016 11:37 AM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Volcom
RVCA
OBEY
Billabong

You work at PacSun bro?

Nah local shop buddy, sorry you can't fit into a schmedium.

As Roosh would say, "But do you even lift?"

[Image: lol.gif]

My legs and ass are so big these days that I get 2 sizes bigger for room for my legs and get the waist tailored. All my clothes are tailored though so everything fits like a glove unless I'm bulking/cutting...

For the gym I wear a black UA tank and black lululemon shorts

Quote: (05-11-2016 11:46 AM)kaotic Wrote:  

Volcom
RVCA
OBEY
Billabong

You work at PacSun bro?

Nah local shop buddy, sorry you can't fit into a schmedium.

As Roosh would say, "But do you even lift?"

[Image: lol.gif]

I'm all about the youth-mediums man. Gotta show off them 10" guns!

[Image: kid-flexing.jpg]

Quote: (05-11-2016 11:17 AM)Anabasis to Desta Wrote:  

Sounds awesome, what's the name of the company?

its called son of a tailor. Shirts are pricy as is anything custom but they send you a 30% off link when you sign up so its cheaper than the price you see initially.

Volcom
RVCA
OBEY
Billabong

You work at PacSun bro?

Quote:mikeymike Wrote:

Not the cheapest t around but in around 50 bucks its not bank breaking either.

In what world is $50 considered reasonable for a T-shirt? Hell, I grit my teeth when I go to a concert and a band shirt is more than $20.

H&M sells crew and V-neck tees made from thin fabric at like $5-$10 each. I would like something with a more tapered fit so this Euro tee business seems worth looking into.

I didn't say it was reasonable just that 50 bucks shouldn't be a budget destroyer. Tees that fit me right are rare, tees that fit me right and last more than a few washes are rarer yet. To me it was worth the higher output to put that miserable search to an end. If you can find a cheaper alternative that works for you, great, I hadn't found it. I made the suggestion for those who are in the same position and wouldn't hesitate to pay a little more to get what they want. It's not for everybody I understand.

UNIQLO beaters all day.

The variety of colors suits my more fashionable side, and the fact it's a beater and I can stare at myself in the mirror suits my vanity.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/product/men-pac...packaged/~

But really it does sound like those dudes who roll up to the gym all decked out with bluetooth beats by dre on their ears and sit on their curl machines talking to every fucker who walks past them.

Quote: (05-11-2016 12:50 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

I'm all about the youth-mediums man. Gotta show off them 10" guns!

[Image: kid-flexing.jpg]

Why the fuck do you have a pic of marco rubio when he was younger. Gotta delete that rep point now.

If you need to be fashionable to work out, you are a woman.

I'm the King of Beijing!