rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

General Stalin's Progress Thread

I mentioned in the Lifter's Lounge that I would make a progress thread once I start my strength training program, so here it is. This was written for me by my trainer and I plugged my weights and reps in based on his prescribed %'s and rep-ranges.

I will weigh myself at the end of every workout in my underwear and socks only.

Based on current 1RMs as of 4/26/16:

Bench Press: 230 lbs (~104 kg)
Squat: 275 lbs (~125 kg)
Dead Lift: 315 lbs (~143 kg)

Phase I (2 weeks)
--------------
Day 1:
SKWAAAATS
Squat - 3 x 8 x 205 (2-3 min rest between sets)
1 x 8 x 165 (20 sec rest to drop weight)
1 x 8 x 115 (2 min rest)
1 x 3 x 165 (20 sec rest to drop weight)
1 x 3 x 115 (2 min rest)
1 x 2 x 165 (20 sec rest to drop weight)
1 x 2 x 115 (2 min rest)
1 x 7 x 165 (20 sec rest to drop weight)
1 x 7 x 115

Front Squat - 3 x 9 x 95 >superset> Leg Curl 3 x 9 x 45

Calf Raises - 3 x 10 x 400 >superset> Leg Ext. 3 x 10 x 100

Weighted Decline Situps - 3 x 15 x 20

Optional Circuit:
Thruster - 1 x 21 x 65 > 24" Box Jumps x 21
1 x 15 x 65 > 24" Box Jumps x 15
1 x 9 x 65 > 24" Box Jumps x 9
--------------
Day 2:
Bench!
Bench Press - 3 x 8 x 165 (2-3 min rest between sets)
1 x 8 x 155 (20 sec rest to drop weight)
1 x 8 x 135 (2 min rest)
1 x 3 x 155 (20 sec rest to drop weight)
1 x 3 x 135 (2 min rest)
1 x 2 x 155 (20 sec rest to drop weight)
1 x 2 x 135 (2 min rest)
1 x 7 x 155 (20 sec rest to drop weight)
1 x 7 x 135

Seated DB Press - 3 x 8 x 35 >superset> DB Pullover 3 x 8 x 45

Upright DB Rows - 3 x 8 x 45

Straight Arm Pulldown - 3 x 8 x 90

Weighted Oblique Situps - 3 x 12 x 25

Optional Circuit:
Box Jump Burpees x 10 > Push Press 20 x 30 > Pull Ups x 5
--------------
Day 3:
D-Day
Dead Lift - 3 x 8 x 225 (2-3 min rest between sets)
1 x 8 x 190 (20 sec rest to drop weight)
1 x 8 x 155 (2 min rest)
1 x 3 x 190 (20 sec rest to drop weight)
1 x 3 x 155 (2 min rest)
1 x 2 x 190 (20 sec rest to drop weight)
1 x 2 x 155 (2 min rest)
1 x 7 x 190 (20 sec rest to drop weight)
1 x 7 x 155

Seated Rows - 3 x 9 x 110 >superset> Lat Pull Down - 3 x 9 x 110

Barbell Curl - 3 x 9 x 95

DB Curl - 3 x 9 x 45

Weighted Crunches 3 x 15 x 35

Optional Circuit:
Powerclean - 1 x 6 x 135 > OH Squat - 1 x 10 x 95 > DB Bench Press - 1 x 15 x 45
--------------
Day 4:
OHP Day
Overhead Barbell Press - 3 x 8 x 95 (2-3 min rest between sets)
1 x 8 x 75 (20 sec rest to drop weight)
1 x 8 x 50 (2 min rest)
1 x 3 x 75 (20 sec rest to drop weight)
1 x 3 x 50 (2 min rest)
1 x 2 x 75 (20 sec rest to drop weight)
1 x 2 x 50 (2 min rest)
1 x 7 x 75 (20 sec rest to drop weight)
1 x 7 x 50

Front Lateral Raise - 3 x 8 x 30 >superset> Bent Over Rear Lat. - 3 x 8 x 20

Side Lateral Raise - 3 x 8 x 20 >superset> Close Grip Bench - 3 x 8 x 135

Hanging Leg Raise - 3 x 12

Optional:
Prowler Push - 5 x 50'
Jumping Pull-up - 2 x 15
Battle Ropes - 3 x 30 secs
-----------------------

There will be a rest day in between Day 2 and Day 3, and 2-day rest between weeks.

Currently on a 2900 Calorie diet: 290C, 290P, 65F

Current Weight as of typing is 193.4 Lbs.

I have completed Day 1 and Day 2 so far this week. After haven taken about 2 weeks off from lifting, I lost a bit of steam and the heavy sets felt heavy. My 3x8 sets @ 73% were more like 3x5-6. My trainer suggests dropping those down to 70%-71% to stay in the rep range.

Aside from that, workouts have been good, though I have been skimping on the option fitness circuits. Day 1 I was too fatigued (and strapped for time) to do a shit load of thrusters and box jumps - a couple of the shittiest and most tiring exercises I can think of. Day 2 I completed 2 sets of the optional fitness circuit, though the second set burnt me out, and my upper body was too fatigued to do an respectable pull-ups so I substituted for jumping pull-ups (#bitchmode).

I started on Wednesday and my legs are killing me from all them skwats. Hoping I won't still be suffering serious DOMS when I get to Deadlift day on Sunday.

Are you taking ZMA? Should help with DOMS.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

^ Had to Google it. Does this recovery supplement have really noticeable results?

Good job man! Looks like a solid program. The only thing i see missing is a hamstring exercise. Hamstring/Quad imbalances lead to anterior pelvic tilt and other posture problems.

Add 5 sets of Romanians/SLDL's on your Day 1 workout of you can.

Quote: (05-06-2016 06:40 PM)Anabasis to Desta Wrote:  

Good job man! Looks like a solid program. The only thing i see missing is a hamstring exercise. Hamstring/Quad imbalances lead to anterior pelvic tilt and other posture problems.

I got Leg Curls on day 1 man. That's a 100% Hamstring-centric movement.

Incredibly detailed, I probably will just steal this if you don't mind.

What was the reasoning for finishing every big lift with a circuit style drop set? Is this a Crossfit WOD?

Drop sets are good, don't get me wrong...but when programmed into every day, they tend to become counterproductive and a waste of time.

ESPECIALLY on the deadlift.

I get it, conditioning, muscle fatigue, yada yada, but it seems you'll be getting more of a cardio workout from running around changing the weights out every 20 sec [Image: biggrin.gif] Plus the "optional circuits?" Which you're already skipping?

The reason I'm hating is because you explicitly said a "personal trainer" gave you this program...not a coach. In my experience personal trainers judge workout effectiveness by how much you sweat, not much your lifts go up.

Quote: (05-06-2016 05:54 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

^ Had to Google it. Does this recovery supplement have really noticeable results?

See below. thread-15255-page-13.html

You will get some deep sleep and some possibly crazy dreams. I have stopped having the vivid dreams since I have been on it for a while. Erections and more semen is also true. I have experienced all that. First few times, you will probably wake up a little groggy. Try it on Fri or Sat night. I don't wake up sluggish anymore, but I have been taking it for a while.

Check the link - a lot guys here take it. This is my attempt to make up for the comment that your penis has the length of a smashed soda can [Image: lol.gif] Good luck with your lifting program.

Quote: (06-19-2013 02:22 PM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

Supplementing zinc through ZMA before I go to bed has helped tremendously with my post work out recovery.

I can now easily get by with 5-6 hours of sleep and naturally wake up an hour or two before my alarm goes off. I normally just lay in bed and fall back asleep for an extra sleep cycle, but I get the impression I could just wing it and start my day.

I also noticed something strangely awesome, women have been looking at me more often. Almost like a deer in headlights type of look. I just feel better all around and definitely feel more of a "manly" essence.

I hate how masculinity is a fleeting thing. Gotta keep chasing it in order to have it.

Quote: (06-08-2013 01:21 PM)Emancipator Wrote:  

Is it just me or does ZMA make you extremely lethargic.

I woke up feeling like absolute shit and I'm still lazy af

I get pretty groggy in the morning. If you have time, try doing a workout routine in the morning or even better jump rope for a few minutes. When I go into my routine in the morning I'm completely "bleh" but once I start the jump roping business takes over and the cobwebs are all gone.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Thanks samx3, will definitely check it out then. Especially if I can feel rested on less than 8 hours of sleep, as I am not good at getting a full night sleep (rarely get to bed early enough).

Quote: (05-06-2016 08:15 PM)redbeard Wrote:  

What was the reasoning for finishing every big lift with a circuit style drop set? Is this a Crossfit WOD?

Drop sets are good, don't get me wrong...but when programmed into every day, they tend to become counterproductive and a waste of time.

ESPECIALLY on the deadlift.

I get it, conditioning, muscle fatigue, yada yada, but it seems you'll be getting more of a cardio workout from running around changing the weights out every 20 sec [Image: biggrin.gif] Plus the "optional circuits?" Which you're already skipping?

The reason I'm hating is because you explicitly said a "personal trainer" gave you this program...not a coach. In my experience personal trainers judge workout effectiveness by how much you sweat, not much your lifts go up.

There's are likely a couple reasons for this. While the rep range is low - all these drops sets equate to a lot of volume which is going to help me grow mass while also building strength - and I have the DOMS to prove it.

As for the fitness circuits, this is likely to help with my endurance and also help build functional strength.

He sent me Day 1 of Phase II the other day and he changed up the volume of the main lifts. Ex: Squat is just a 3x8 workup - (Last set is RPE 8, first set is 85% of RPE 8, and middle set split the difference).

These workouts seem fine although a bit bizarre. The fact you hit each compound 3x on the heaviest set is money. Although based on your maxes, I'm surprised you aren't going heavier on the first few sets. The supersets within the dropset afterward are a bit strange and might be better suited for the end of a workout as a burnout. Modulating the reps (8, 3, 2, 7) and the weight like the trainer suggested seems arbitrary. Sounds like he just wants to be interactive and the superset gives him an excuse to get in and change the weights a lot. This workout scheme is good for a cut, due to the high volume, but won't help much on the strength gains front. A basic progressive overload set up would be more productive. Having DOMS is probably more of a product of a new routine than it is indicative of strength gains. Good exercise selection though, only thing I'd change is doing high rep russian twists with a 45lb bar or even a pvc pipe and really searching for the contraction instead of weighted oblique sit ups, in order to minimize that blocky waist muscle gain.

Quote: (05-06-2016 06:51 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

I got Leg Curls on day 1 man. That's a 100% Hamstring-centric movement.

Oh my bad i missed that.

Another thing though. Isn't 2900 calories a bit too low for your height/weight? We got almost the same stats and I'm at 3700-3800 calories a day. Are you gaining weight ?

Good work Stalin. Love to see the progress.

Quote: (05-06-2016 05:01 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

Are you taking ZMA? Should help with DOMS.

+1 to ZMA. Take it before bed, but not with dairy anytime near it, the calcium (I think) fucks with absorption. I don't use many supplements but ZMA is the bomb for muscle soreness.

Finished first week of Phase I yesterday and realizing I tweaked my shoulder squatting last week. Weird I know, but I low bar squat and wrenching my elbows up high to create a sufficient shelf for the bar must have over-extended my left shoulder rotation. Yesterday was all overhead/shoulder work so needless to say I'm icing my shoulder today. Hoping didn't do any real damage...

Squatting Wednesday.

@Balkan

This is just programming; my trainer is not present for my training sessions so the routine has nothing to do with his interaction. As for going heavier on the first sets - those weights on the initial 3x8's are ~73% and to be honest I struggled. The series of drop sets I did fine for all the workouts, but the 3x8 @ 73% to start off the workout was too much work for me - likely taking a couple weeks off may have had something to do with it.

Day 1 my squat 3x8 @ 205 was more like 3x6. Same with bench on Day 2 - I did 3x6 as I could not put up that weight effectively for 3x8. DL I was able to do the reps but not all touch and go - I set the weight down and reset every 4 reps.

@A2D

You're probably right - I'm not really gaining weight. I haven't weighed any higher than 194 - though to be fair I'm not being that consistent with my diet. I regularly under-eat, partially because I'm "eating clean" and it's a lot of work to get a lot of calories on a low-fat diet. I need to seriously work on getting into a more strict routine with my eating so I get consistent calorie/macro intake.

More calories and/or allowing more fat and carbs into my diet will be the next step.

Workout sucked yesterday, got a couple of injuries that need nursing may need to take a few days potentially.

This is what I did yesterday:

Squat
2 x 5 x 200
2 x 5 x 195
1 x 7 x 165
1 x 8 x 115
1 x 3 x 165
1 x 3 x 115
1 x 3 x 165
2 x 5 x 135

^form was kind of garbage for most of that as my left groin isn't feeling great so my body was protecting it and I wasn't able to perform the lift optimally. Was leaning forward and not hitting depth like I should have been.

Front Squat
1 x 4 x 115

^stopped after 4 reps as my groin just wasn't having it anymore.

Leg ext. - 3 x 8 x 100 >superset> Leg curl - 3 x 8 x 50

Calf Raise - 3 x 12 x 400

Weighted decline situps - 3 x 10 x 25

I'm supposed to be doing bench today but I'm thinking I'll take the night off as my left shoulder is not feeling great. Hurts to raise my arm frontwards.

Last night I weighed 192.6. Not really gaining any weight. Need to eat more.

I stopped keeping track of my calories and have just kind of been eating and estimating. It's possible I'm shorting myself.

After taking a few days to rest I've finally got my ass back to the gym and I've noticed progress.

Repeated my bench and dead lift days from the previous week and I felt stronger, also did more adequate warmup before my initial heavy sets. I was especially impressed with my dead lift.

Was able to press 3 x 8 x 165 just fine

Was able to lift 3 x 8 x 225 just fine with no reset.

Shoulder actually felt better on my chest/shoulder/tri day after I started lifting. Getting a pump in my shoulders made the pain go away. I did hanging leg raises on dead lift day and that didn't feel great, though.

Weighed 195 on Sunday. Still not counting calories but have been eating a lot and doing meal prep. Have been being much more lenient on my fat intake.

I also bought a NutriNinja Pro 900 a few weeks ago and have been making two smoothies a day (morning and night). I make them pretty calorie dense - whole banana, a couple tablespoons of peanut butter, 1% milk (or chocolate milk if I want more energy), a serving of whey protein powder, and if I'm really looking to fill up I'll put in a cup of non-fat greek yogurt and/or old fashioned oats. Tasty as a mother fucker too.

Looking in the mirror after working out is pleasing. Looking forward to gaining more weight and getting bigger.

My next day is OHP and admittedly I'm a little nervous on how my shoulder will feel. I'm willing to bet I will feel fine when working out but will feel like utter shit the next day.

Privet General! Thanks for sharing and good luck with the program, it looks really solid.

Only part that had me scratching my head was the 2.9k cals. You said you weigh 194+ right now. Is it possible to know how tall and what BF % you have? Your goal is to become stronger, I take. Does it feel you're eating not-so-much right now?

My apologies if it has been posted before on the lifting thread

I'm 6'2" and I would guess around 16% BF. It's likely that 2900 cal is not enough which is why I have been making a point to just eat more lately. I stopped tracking my calories but I have been eating more than I have been. I have been getting a little weight over the past couple days so I think it's making a difference.

Late night workout last night:

Overhead Press
2 x 8 x 95 (felt like I was cheating myself so I upped the weight for the last set)
1 x 8 x 105
1 x 8 x 75
1 x 8 x 55
1 x 5 x 75
1 x 5 x 55
1 x 3 x 75
1 x 3 x 55
1 x 8 x 75
1 x 8 x 55

Front Lat Raise - 3 x 10 x 30 >superset> Bent over rear lat raise - 3 x 10 x 20

Side Lat Raise - 3 x 10 x 20 >superset> Close grip Bench - 3 x 8 x 135

Hanging leg raise - 1 x 12 (this position hurt my left shoulder so I stopped after one set)

Prowler pushes - 3 x 100' x 180

Jumping Pull Ups - 2 x 12

Battle Ropes - 3 x 30 seconds

Took a few days off between my DL workout and this OHP workout. Shoulder is feeling better than before so I'm happy about that.

Last night's weight was 195.4 lbs. Getting into a pretty decent daily meal routine.

Starting Phase II next. Will post program tomorrow.

Said I'd post the program tomorrow (21st) but I didn't. Anyway here it is:

Phase II
----------------
Day 1:
Squat - 3x8 work up to RPE 8 (1st set 85% of RPE 8 and split the difference for 2nd set)

Box squat - 2 x 8 x 72% >superset> squat 2 x 8 x 60%

Close stance Olympic squat >superset> leg extension >superset> leg curl (3 x 8)

Standing calf raises - 3 x 15 >superset> legs straight lying toe touches - 3 x 15
----------------
Day 2:
Bench Press - 3 x 8 work up to RPE 9

Bench Press - 2 x 8 x 80% >superset> Close grip Bench 2 x 8 x 60%

Seated military press >superset> complex pullovers >superset> plate upright rows (3 x 8)

Dumbbell flyes 2 x15 >superset> feet elevated push ups 2 x 15 >superset> v spread toe touches 2 x 20
----------------
Day 3:
Deadlift - 3 x 8 work up to RPE 7

Deadlifts - 2 x 8 x 72% >superset> Sumo Deadlift 2 x 8 x 57%

Pendalay rows >superset> shrugs >superset> single arm DB rows (3 x 10)

Concentration curls - 3 x 8 >superset> wrist curls 3 x 10

Complex pull downs 2 x 8 >superset> weighted decline sit ups 2 x 15
----------------
Day 4:
Incline bench - 3 x 8

Dumbell shoulder press/ drop sets (2 drops) - 2 x 8

Side lateral raise 2 x 8 x max effort >superset> front lateral raise 2 x 8 max effort

jm presses - 3 x 8 >superset> press downs - 3 x 8

First workouts.

Squat sucked. Still nursing a tweaked groin a little bit, but also my squat stamina just blows. Ended up scrapping the bulk of the workout for that day after I struggled too much. Also decided to start incorporating squat into other days as well so I can work on my endurance with the movement (squat more often = getting better at squatting).

Squat - 3 x 5 x 185
1 x 8 x 185
2 x 3 x 205

Box Squat - 2 x 5 x 135 (groin was bothering me too much so I stopped)

Standing Calf Raise - 3 x 15 x 180 >superset> shrugs 3 x 15 x 180

Leg Extension - 3 x 10 x 100 >superset> Leg curl 3 x 8 x 50

Straight Leg lying toe touches - 3 x 20

Bench day was way more satisfying - I also started eating more and noticed a difference in my energy level:

Bench Press 1 x 8 x 145
1 x 8 x 165
2 x 4 x 185 (I didn't have a spot so I was a pussy about reps)

Bench press - 2 x 6 x 165 >superset> Close grip bench 2 x 6 x 135

Seated Mil. Press 3 x 8 x 95 >superset> Pull over complex 3 x 8 x 65 (8 skull crushers/8 pull over/8 CG bench w/ EZ bar) >superset> Upright rows with plates 3 x 8 x 35

DB Flyes - 2 x 10 x 25 >superset> V spread toe touches 2 x 20

Workout felt great. I didn't do pushups because my chest/shoulder were so tired I couldn't even do one rep by the end of the night. Trained plenty hard.

Today was going to be a rest day but I decided to head to the gym and get in some squats. I at a shit load for dinner the night before and ate a bit breakfast. It showed in my energy level and weight. I used a 55 lb bar and it was pretty comfortable. I felt pretty strong, though I kept the reps low for the most part. My groin pinched a little bit once I got to 215.

Squat - 1 x 8 x 145
1 x 4 x 195
1 x 3 x 215
1 x 2 x 235
1 x 2 x 215
1 x 4 x 195
2 x 8 x 145

Front Squat - 1 x 10 x 55 (bar)
1 x 4 x 125

Current weight: 197 lbs.

Will probably rest tomorrow, but next workout is dead lift.

Deadlift tonight was great!

Feeling noticeable progress. Eating more has also definitely been helping. I actually feel like I undershot my weight tonight. I could have gone up and still performed the reps.

Dead Lift:
1 x 8 x 205
1 x 8 x 225
1 x 8 x 255 (was basing previous sets off of 245 RPE 7 but I felt too strong for that so went up and likely should have gone for 265)

Dead Lift - 2 x 8 x 225 >superset> Sumo Dead Lift 2 x 8 x 185

This was my first time doing sumo. It being a drop set likely had something to do with it, but it felt far easier than conventional.

Rest of Day 3 was awesome. All in all good workout tonight.

Still weighing 197.

^ Just a heads up, since you're now eating more and getting stronger, try to gauge your strength to weight gained ratio as well.

Say for example you gained 5 pounds of weight but only gained 5 pounds on your bench and squat, that's a 1:1 ratio so it's likely all fat. If you gained 5 pounds of weight but gained 10 pounds on your bench and 15 pounds on your squat and 20 on your deadlift it's likely to be mostly muscle & you're on the right track.

Edit: I was smoking with a cook after dining @ the local Chinese buffet and asked him how they even make money, considering that for $11 bucks eat yourself to death on shrimp, oysters, mussels, beef etc ... He told me there's a huge store in your city where restaurants buy their meat in bulk. 32 full chickens for $11 and 10 lbs of shrimp for $8 for example. Might have to get a big freezer though. Do you know the name of the store/warehouse by any chance?

Might help out on protein costs.

Quote: (05-30-2016 06:06 PM)Anabasis to Desta Wrote:  

^ Just a heads up, since you're now eating more and getting stronger, try to gauge your strength to weight gained ratio as well.

Say for example you gained 5 pounds of weight but only gained 5 pounds on your bench and squat, that's a 1:1 ratio so it's likely all fat. If you gained 5 pounds of weight but gained 10 pounds on your bench and 15 pounds on your squat and 20 on your deadlift it's likely to be mostly muscle & you're on the right track.

Edit: I was smoking with a cook after dining @ the local Chinese buffet and asked him how they even make money, considering that for $11 bucks eat yourself to death on shrimp, oysters, mussels, beef etc ... He told me there's a huge store in your city where restaurants buy their meat in bulk. 32 full chickens for $11 and 10 lbs of shrimp for $8 for example. Might have to get a big freezer though. Do you know the name of the store/warehouse by any chance?

Might help out on protein costs.

Good tip. I'm not sure if an every day consumer can buy warehouse wholesale food goods though. For example, Restaurant depot requires you to produce a reseller's permit to shop there:

http://www.restaurantdepot.com/Membership

There is this place that may be worth checking out though that looks like it's open to anybody no membership required:

http://shamrockfsw.com/store-info/denver-co

I've also been thinking about just getting a Costco membership as you can buy in bulk pretty cheap their too.

Seeing minor but noticeable improvement in week 2 of Phase II so far, though I am screwing myself out of gains because I have not been resting enough or paying enough attention to my diet the past few days. I'm doing a poor job at developing consistency. I have no qualms letting social life, other projects, or pussy get in the way of a gym session or a good night's sleep. Need to work on my discipline.

That being said, I've had some pretty satisfactory workouts and saw some marked improvements over last week, as well as some plateaus - but like I said I think my energy level in the gym has a lot to do with it.

My second squat session of Phase II was much better. Was able to perform heavier lifts with more reps. I also decided to used a 55lb bar from now on as the thicker bar just feels more comfortable on my back - and an extra 10 lbs is always good.

Last night was bench and it was a step forward and backward from my last work out. I felt strong last night, but had less stamina.

Bench Press 1 x 8 x 155
1 x 8 x 175
2 x 3 x 185 (I actually had a spot for my second set but just couldn't put that wait up for shit)

Bench press - 2 x 8 x 155 >superset> Close grip bench 1 x 8 x 135 -> 1 x 5 x 135 (muscle fatigue)

Seated Mil. Press 1 x 8 x 95/1 x 7 x 95/1 x 5 x 95 >superset> Pull over complex 3 x 8 x 65 (8 skull crushers/8 pull over/8 CG bench w/ EZ bar) >superset> Upright rows with plates 3 x 8 x 35

DB Flyes - 2 x 15 x 25 >superset> pushups 2 x 5-6 >superset> V spread toe touches 2 x 20 (alternating so more like 40)

I was disappointed that I couldn't put up 185 as well as I could last week, and also disappointed that I got burnt out on the seated military press where last weak I could do 3x8 with same weight just fine. Then again, I put up 155 and 175 for 8 on bench with relative ease and no spot (last rep was work), and I also had more stamina doing flys, and pushups. Just a weird night.

Thinking 175 is my current weight for the 8 rep range on bench and should work around that volume.

Weight last night was 196.6. MORE FOOD.