rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"To My Fellow Women, Please Don't Settle"

click revenue sanitized link to content

Quote:Quote:

Not in a job you hate, not in a town where you don’t feel at home, not with friendships that aren’t real, and especially, especially not with love.

You deserve someone who will smile at your silly jokes, who will kiss your forehead when you’ve had a long day, and who will absentmindedly reach for your hand across the center console when he’s driving, just because he wants to feel your fingers twisted with his.

You deserve a guy who doesn’t just spend the night, but spends the morning. Who cooks your favorite chocolate chip waffles with peanut butter and brings them on a tray to your bed when you’re sick. Who hums your favorite song, off-key and awkward, just to make you laugh. Who takes you on a walk to his favorite hill in town, and kisses you as the sun sets.

You are strong and gentle, determined and loving, complicated and kind, and you deserve someone who looks past your flaws and the way you curl your hair, and sees your beautiful heart.

Been seeing more and more of this type of entitled gobbledeygook on the social-media-site-which-shall-not-be-named lately. The philosophy of the modern Western woman for the 21st century - love me, provide for me, accept me as I am, simply because I am. Overt narcissism, bottled into high-octane rocket fuel, ready for mass consumption.

To my fellow men, please don't settle. I'll marry a woman for her beauty, intelligence, thoughtfulness, self-awareness, humility, and cooking ability. Not all her flaws and some intangible concept called her "heart."

Fat woman reading this article: OMG YES! THIS!!! SO THIS!!!!

[Shovels handful of M&M's into mouth.]

^ Yeah, absent are the details on her heart is beautiful.

The comments are almost encouraging...

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

Quote: (04-12-2016 05:17 PM)Red_Pillage Wrote:  

The comments are almost encouraging...

I'd better take a look. I couldn't make it that far...

Quote: (04-12-2016 05:13 PM)Scoundrel Wrote:  

[Image: LINDY-WEST-CANDY.png]

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

As long as men don't have to settle either I'm all for that...oh wait.

Quote: (04-12-2016 04:57 PM)XPQ22 Wrote:  

click revenue sanitized link to content

You deserve someone who...

You deserve a guy who...

Been seeing more and more of this type of entitled gobbledeygook...

Entitled is a fitting word. By what merit do these women "deserve" anything? That word is starting to drive me crazy. Who needs to put women on pedestals when they are already doing it themselves?

^ A maybe WB? Only if about 40 pounds lighter...[Image: blush.gif]

I'm a fan of the "nerdy ingenue librarian HB6" type. So long as they work out.

I too can't stand that entitled gobbledegook crap. That's a great term for it. Imagine how horribly offended the women who post this crap would be if the genders reversed. That gives me some funny meme ideas, that I haven't really seen before.

Quote: (04-12-2016 05:27 PM)Moto Wrote:  

I too can't stand that entitled gobbledegook crap. That's a great term for it. Imagine how horribly offended the women who post this crap would be if the genders reversed. That gives me some funny meme ideas, that I haven't really seen before.

Say "I deserve a woman who will make me dinner twice a week" and you're done.

Quote: (04-12-2016 05:27 PM)Moto Wrote:  

I too can't stand that entitled gobbledegook crap.

"If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best."

Лучше поздно, чем никогда

...life begins at "70% Warning Level."....

Modern young women have little to concept or perception of what they can tangibly offer to a man in a relationship (besides sex). They just think they deserve someone simply by virtue of wanting it.

Apparently she has some advice for men too:

To The Men, Please Don't Settle Either

I am not a man. I do not claim to understand the way they think

Accurate disclaimer [Image: tard.gif]

Well I'm not settling either, she's gotta be fit, submissive and willing to cook and clean for me.

Looks like we're playing a game of chicken then, who will blink first? (Hint - it's always the woman)

Quote: (04-12-2016 04:57 PM)XPQ22 Wrote:  

Been seeing more and more of this type of entitled gobbledeygook on the social-media-site-which-shall-not-be-named lately. The philosophy of the modern Western woman for the 21st century - love me, provide for me, accept me as I am, simply because I am. Overt narcissism, bottled into high-octane rocket fuel, ready for mass consumption.

I found this article very tame compared to what you'll see in Mainstream Media, and can see how it's an easy mistake to make. Although it might seem like Meghan Trainor 'Fatty' Entitlement or 'Bitter, Post-Wall Oprah Entitlement', this particular post is neither. This is 'Starry-Eyed Romantic Entitlement', of Traditional Femininity.

This is the dreamy-longing for romantic connection you'll see in a Young, Feminine Woman in her late teens or early twenties who hasn't been scarred by sexual promiscuity or poisoned by Feminism. They still have what I think of as 'The Light' in their eyes, and her profile picture reflected that.

As such, her other writings reflect Traditional Femininity: particularly selflessness, caring and empathy. As such, she writes an article soon after called 'To The Men, Don't Settle Either'.

I’d be naïve to say that women are perfect. I’d be foolish to believe that it’s only women who shouldn’t settle, only women who should be careful. (And I’m not saying this, by the way).

So this time I’ll speak to the men, in every stage of brokenness, bitterness, or fear of love. In every relationship or absence of one, in every negative thought towards women, or every doubt about ever finding the one. This is for you.

And:

Relationships are complicated and painful, but find a woman who knows this, and who lets you in. A woman who brings out the best in you, but doesn’t rely on you for her source of happiness. Find a woman who completes you, but was already whole. A woman who isn’t afraid to love, and who teaches you not to be.

She's saying: seek out emotionally-resilient (i.e. mature) women. Solid advice.

Check out another article: "Please, Be This Kind Of Woman", which, although tainted by hints of social justice, is largely-traditional advice for women.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/marisa-donnell...-of-woman/

Other articles like "11 Reasons Why Working With Young Children Is The Most Rewarding Job In The World", and "I'm Over Social Media, I Want To Be Real" also suggest a traditional viewpoint and longing for genuine connection with other people.

Of course, she is a woman, so the risk to her Light is evident enough, articles like "I Want You When You're Broken", "It's OK to love broken people" and "Read This If You're A Woman Who Likes To 'Fix' People", and "This One Is For The Tinder F*ckboy", where she lashes out at the man who broke her friend's heart:

This might not be the way of the world, to be a fixer, to appreciate a fixer. It’s unhealthy, really, to love people that aren’t good for you, to try to mend what can only be mended by that person. But you try because it’s inherent within you to care. And you don’t need to apologize for that.

This is the battle she must fight to retain her soul. To learn that sometimes you must protect yourself from abuse by learning to understand you can't 'save' everyone. To understand that her friend is responsible for her choices, and sometimes she makes bad ones.

So, I'll only moderately-defend her as she could go either way from here. I still don't want to read her, because, well, she's hopelessly-naive from the viewpoint of a mid-40's man, so it either reads as Greeting Card or Mills and Boon. Either The Light of Youth either becomes The Light Of Strength From Resilience, or the Light becomes absent, replaced with the blackness of despair and narcissistic self-interest from harsh, unwanted knowledge.

See Lena Dunham, who is entirely-dead inside, at only thirty years old:

[Image: lena-dunham-eye-dress-instagram.png]

Quote: (04-12-2016 05:21 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

I will never be able to enjoy M&M's again after seeing this image.

Never again.

It seems to me that eugenics is being more and more refined. Little do they know, these people are plotting towards their own extinction [Image: biggrin.gif]

"Christian love bears evil, but it does not tolerate it. It does penance for the sins of others, but it is not broadminded about sin. Real love involves real hatred: whoever has lost the power of moral indignation and the urge to drive the sellers from temples has also lost a living, fervent love of Truth."

- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Quote: (04-12-2016 05:24 PM)XPQ22 Wrote:  

^ A maybe WB? Only if about 40 pounds lighter...[Image: blush.gif]

I'm a fan of the "nerdy ingenue librarian HB6" type. So long as they work out.

Ah yes, the dirty librarian trope is a good one in books and in real life as well. If she was thinner, WB.

I really don't get these articles that tell their audience how beautiful and great they are. It's so self-evident why that's absolutely retarded that I'd feel weird even elaborating. Who are these people that read something like "You are strong and gentle, determined and loving, complicated and kind" in an internet article and take meaning in it?

Jesus, she gets paid to write this bilge?

Caralho!

Quote: (04-12-2016 06:27 PM)Irenicus Wrote:  

Quote: (04-12-2016 05:21 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

I will never be able to enjoy M&M's again after seeing this image.

Never again.

You are very welcome [Image: biggrin.gif] [Image: lol.gif]

To the quote is too big police - I kept her picture on purpose to punish you [Image: lol.gif]

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Quote: (04-12-2016 06:33 PM)eradicator Wrote:  

If she was thinner, WB.

She'll never be thinner.

Лучше поздно, чем никогда

...life begins at "70% Warning Level."....

Quote: (04-12-2016 06:47 PM)Delta Wrote:  

I really don't get these articles that tell their audience how beautiful and great they are. It's so self-evident why that's absolutely retarded that I'd feel weird even elaborating. Who are these people that read something like "You are strong and gentle, determined and loving, complicated and kind" in an internet article and take meaning in it?

Your basic bitch.

The love of empowering or spiritual platitudes is core feminine behaviour, and something to be understood and accepted about the female psyche, rather than to be frustrated and resentful about.

I can't remember the last time I was in a woman's bed who didn't have something like this hanging in the room:

[Image: s732282456381629598_p84_i1_w640.jpeg]

Quote: (04-12-2016 08:11 PM)AnonymousBosch Wrote:  

Quote: (04-12-2016 06:47 PM)Delta Wrote:  

Your basic bitch.

The love of empowering or spiritual platitudes is core feminine behaviour, and something to be understood and accepted about the female psyche, rather than to be frustrated and resentful about.

I can't remember the last time I was in a woman's bed who didn't have something like this hanging in the room:

[Image: s732282456381629598_p84_i1_w640.jpeg]

I could pull multiple game techniques out of that.