rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Learn how to play guitar and lead guitar in 10 fuzzing minutes!

I am so dam annoyed at most fellow musicians who are mostly arrogant pricks. To learn how to play guitar, lead guitar (and even piano to some extent -- though it is more difficult) can be learned in only about 10 minutes. But most musicians complicate it to make themselves feel like they have some secret knowledge. They get a high off being mysterious and looking down at others who are trying to learn. That is my opinion.

You can dam well learn guitar and lead guitar in 10 dam minutes. All those fancy lead rifts have a formula. And it is so dam dam simple.

I have to go to work right now. When I get back I will write it out it out. It should take one maybe two short paragraphs.

For those who have always wanted to play guitar and lead guitar -- you are going to find out. By the evening who will be playing fancy guitar and lead.

Get ready and excited.

Don't bury the lead, OP. Surely if it only takes ten minutes to learn, it should only take a few minutes to write up. Where do I buy your e-book?

[Image: what-if-i-akbv2p.jpg]

I look forward to being able to play like this guy within ten minutes and eagerly await your advice.

Data Sheet Maps | On Musical Chicks | Rep Point Changes | Au Pairs on a Boat
Captainstabbin: "girls get more attractive with your dick in their mouth. It's science."
Spaniard88: "The "believe anything" crew contributes: "She's probably a good girl, maybe she lost her virginity to someone with AIDS and only had sex once before you met her...give her a chance.""

You can also have a Four Hour Workweek, a Four Hour Body, and Six Minutes Abs.

[Image: laugh7.gif]

Steve Vai's most famous routine is the "Ten Hour Practice Day".

His other is the "30 Hour Guitar Workout".

I get it, we all want to write ebooks and make extra money. I am guilty of it.

But make no mistake, the guitar takes a lot of hard work. Its not hackable.

My method for teaching newbs quick gains on the guitar, teach them cover songs. I can teach any newbie Smoke on The Water, Wild Thing, Running with the Devil. Or, I can find some newer pop songs and teach them those. The only way to inspire a newbie is to give them some early success, and the motivation to make those early tunes better.

Ten minutes for an absolute beginner is barely enough time to force them to cut their nails, fret cleanly and pick the right string on any instrument.

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...

I see a lot of value in OP's post. I expect similarly titled threads here on the forum in the near future as we evolve.

How to get laid in 10 minutes. Guaranteed, every time!

How to lose 20 pounds in 20 minutes. The pure success method.

Learn to prepare professional level sushi in five minutes.

Get your law degree and pass the bar in under an hour!

Enjoy a threesome after just 30 seconds of online dating. The complete guide!

Recover from cancer in just one afternoon of chemotherapy.

Upgrade your wardrobe in just 1 seconds with online shopping.

Solve world hunger with just five loaves of bread and two fish.

I'm the King of Beijing!

OP...are you from college humor ?

Quote: (04-03-2016 09:02 AM)tanner Wrote:  

I have to go to work right now. When I get back I will write it out it out. It should take one maybe two short paragraphs.

[Image: troll.gif]

I expect one or maybe two short paragraphs of links to great resources or books on music theory and guitar playing.

Your OP is frankly an insult to guys who invested their time in learning guitar. Guys like Slash and BB King dropped out of high school because they were obsessed with guitar, playing 24/7. Common denominator of every great artist is the time invested into their obsession.

Telling someone they're 10 minutes away from playing like Jimi Hendrix is like telling a virgin he's 10 minutes away from banging 10's like Casanova.

Get outta here! Out out out!

Squeeze page?

I've played guitar for 8 years and any claims about learning to play guitar in 10 minutes are bullshit. I have friends who are professional musicians who practice 4-6 hours a day minimum and feel guilty that they're not practicing more. These guys are the sorts who can play the same riff 1010101010 times in a day and still feel bad that they're not better despite being awesome.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Quote: (04-03-2016 11:36 AM)Fortis Wrote:  

These guys are the sorts who can play the same riff 1010101010 times in a day and still feel bad that they're not better despite being awesome.

As long as the "1010101010" you mean times and not this type of binary playing that's infected the world today

I'm not sure what OP has up his sleeve but there is an incredibly easy way to learn the different modes just by moving a major scale around the neck. That can cut down an incredible amount of time.

Back from work. Here it is.

If you are a beginner, you should find the following at least interesting. My frustration was it always got complicated and I would give up thinking perhaps there is something wrong with me or I am just a slow learner. Not so. Listen on. I am going to be brief and concise.

To Play Guitar:

1- there are 7 fundamental chords.
A B C D E F G -- learn them.

Each chord can be played as a minor -- learn them.

Each chord can be played in different ways along the fret -- don't think too much about that for now.

2 - You need to learn from the beginning how to play in the right keys. Most important. This allows you to jam with others and play leads. Essentially playing in the right key means a group of chords that work well together. Do not get caught up in the theory. It will only confuse the hell out of you. Instead just learn how to do it.

Here is how you do it:

Rule one - The 1, 4 and 5 chords are major.

The 2, 3 and 6 are minor.

And the 7th chord is diminished. (most however do not use diminished chords so forget about it for now)

Here is an example. Play in the key of lets say C.

C is the hence the root chord. You always come back to the C. It is the foundation.
The chords that work with C are the 4th and 5th - which are (remember -ABCDEFG) - F and G.
Hence to play in the key of C is playing the chords of C, F and G.
That alone is enough to Jam with others others and play leads. However you have more chords to chose from. You can chose the minor chords which are 2,3 and 6 - which means D, E and A in minor form. The diminished chord you can also use is the 7th which the B.

The end. This how you play guitar. Simply learn this. It will take about 5 minutes -- just practise this for 5 minutes. You will know now how to play in sync with others. Playing in key also allows for leads to be played. You cannot play leads if you are not in right key of chords.
-------------------------------------------
Next - How to Play lead Guitar

Lead guitar is all about learning a scale that fits in the right key of chords. You can also learn this in 5 minutes. Listen on.

The most well know scales are the major, minor and blues scales. However the most popular scale that is used by all musicians all over the world - is the pentatonic minor. Hence learn this. It can be learned in a few minutes. Pentatonic means 5 -- so it means 5 notes from the minor scale which has 7 notes.

Keep this dam simple. Do not over think.

Simply learn the pentatonic minor scale. This scale can also be played in 5 different positions up the fret. Eventually learn all five -- but you only need to know 1 - 3 positions. Each position has 10 notes. So if you learn all five positions - you will have (5 x 10) = 50 notes you can play for lead guitar in each key. Actually it is not 50 but really 30 notes -- will explain later if needed.

Do not think too much here. Just do.

For example, if you are playing in the key of A -- simply play A minor pentatonic scale. The pentatonic scale is the same in every other key.

------------

The next popular scale is the blues scale. It is however almost identical to the pentatonic minor scale. Once you know pentatonic minor, you will easily pick up the blues scale. Hence stick with the pentatonic minor.

Below is a video that shows how to play the 5 positions of the pentatonic minor which I think is pretty good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVbGYvHd0qo

The end.

You now know how to play in the right key -- and you know pentatonic minor scales to play lead.
That is all you need. You should be up and playing before the sun sets.
-------------------------

Quote: (04-03-2016 05:45 PM)tanner Wrote:  

If you are a beginner, you should find the following at least interesting. My frustration was it always got complicated and I would give up thinking perhaps there is something wrong with me or I am just a slow learner. Not so. Listen on. I am going to be brief and concise.

To Play Guitar:

Each chord can be played in different ways along the fret -- don't think too much about that for now.

2 - You need to learn from the beginning how to play in the right keys. Most important. This allows you to jam with others and play leads. Essentially playing in the right key means a group of chords that work well together. Do not get caught up in the theory. It will only confuse the hell out of you. Instead just learn how to do it.

Here is how you do it:

And the 7th chord is diminished. (most however do not use diminished chords so forget about it for now)

C is the hence the root chord. You always come back to the C. It is the foundation.
The chords that work with C are the 4th and 5th - which are (remember -ABCDEFG) - F and G.
That alone is enough to Jam with others others and play leads. However you have more chords to chose from. You can chose the minor chords which are 2,3 and 6 - which means D, E and A in minor form. The diminished chord you can also use is the 7th which the B.

The end. This how you play guitar. Simply learn this. It will take about 5 minutes -- just practise this for 5 minutes. You will know now how to play in sync with others. Playing in key also allows for leads to be played. You cannot play leads if you are not in right key of chords.

Lead guitar is all about learning a scale that fits in the right key of chords. You can also learn this in 5 minutes. Listen on.

The most well know scales are the major, minor and blues scales. However the most popular scale that is used by all musicians all over the world - is the pentatonic minor. Hence learn this. It can be learned in a few minutes. Pentatonic means 5 -- so it means 5 notes from the minor scale which has 7 notes.

Simply learn the pentatonic minor scale. This scale can also be played in 5 different positions up the fret. Eventually learn all five -- but you only need to know 1 - 3 positions. Each position has 10 notes. So if you learn all five positions - you will have (5 x 10) = 50 notes you can play for lead guitar in each key. Actually it is not 50 but really 30 notes -- will explain later if needed.

For example, if you are playing in the key of A -- simply play A minor pentatonic scale. The pentatonic scale is the same in every other key.

------------

The next popular scale is the blues scale. It is however almost identical to the pentatonic minor scale. Once you know pentatonic minor, you will easily pick up the blues scale. Hence stick with the pentatonic minor.

Below is a video that shows how to play the 5 positions of the pentatonic minor which I think is pretty good:

The end.

You now know how to play in the right key -- and you know pentatonic minor scales to play lead.

Do you know how to play the guitar? Or maybe a better question is Can you play the guitar? If you can I imagine that you remember just starting when it would take HOURS just to be able to consistently play ONE of the fundamental chords, much less all of the different variations.

To Play Guitar:

Here is how you do it:

------------

The end.

Ok, maybe I'm not the smartest guy around.

I just read your post,and got a guitar in my hands, and I can't,figure anything out. I'm just really confused.

Aloha!

OP is a fraud. By following this advice, I became a world class guitarist in only 9 minutes.

I'm the King of Beijing!

The advice given is to create a good platform of thinking for beginners. Learn how to play in the keys and pentatonic minor scales as mentioned. It is not hard at all. You will be able to jam with other and play basic lead in a very short time. This will be enjoying and likely create motivation to want to learn more.

Too much theory in the beginning turns most people off from learning.

I don't have much time right now but when I get back I'm going to teach you guys how easily it is to defend yourself against 30 or more white knights.

Seriously this stuff is so easy it only took me about 5 minutes to learn from the original master. I'm about to close down all mma gyms in your area with this secret trick.

Stay tuned guys I'll be back in a few

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

I love those riffs.

But anyway, learning modes and scales does't really mean you're a guitar player just yet. Little kids learn to sing scales and shit in elementary school before they ever even know how to pick up an instrument. THat's all a small part of being a good guitarist.

I'm just not buying this whole "learn guitar in 10 minutes" stuff. [Image: tard.gif]

Quote: (04-03-2016 03:52 PM)hedonist Wrote:  

Quote: (04-03-2016 11:36 AM)Fortis Wrote:  

These guys are the sorts who can play the same riff 1010101010 times in a day and still feel bad that they're not better despite being awesome.

As long as the "1010101010" you mean times and not this type of binary playing that's infected the world today

I'm not sure what OP has up his sleeve but there is an incredibly easy way to learn the different modes just by moving a major scale around the neck. That can cut down an incredible amount of time.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Quote: (04-03-2016 07:46 PM)tanner Wrote:  

The advice given is to create a good platform of thinking for beginners. Learn how to play in the keys and pentatonic minor scales as mentioned. It is not hard at all. You will be able to jam with other and play basic lead in a very short time. This will be enjoying and likely create motivation to want to learn more.

I agree that this is the ideal approach to learning guitar, but it's actually going to be 10 weeks, not ten minutes, before someone gets a handle on these basics.

Suggesting that this will take a "very short time" is simply inaccurate and doesn't help anyone trying to learn.

I'm the King of Beijing!

To Play Guitar:

2 - You need to learn from the beginning how to play in the right keys.

And the 7th chord is diminished

Simply learn the pentatonic minor scale.
The next popular scale is the blues scale. It is however almost identical to the pentatonic minor scale. Once you know pentatonic minor, you will easily pick up the blues scale. Hence stick with the pentatonic minor
Quote: (04-03-2016 09:02 AM)tanner Wrote:  

I am so dam annoyed at most fellow musicians who are mostly arrogant pricks. To learn how to play guitar, lead guitar (and even piano to some extent -- though it is more difficult) can be learned in only about 10 minutes. But most musicians complicate it to make themselves feel like they have some secret knowledge. They get a high off being mysterious and looking down at others who are trying to learn. That is my opinion.

OP this has got to be a joke. This is one of the most low-value threads I have ever seen. You don't seem ill-intentioned so I'm going to go ahead and posit that you A) consider yourself a below 'average' guitar player or B) You are 12-15 years old. If you aren't an expert on Guitar playing don't belittle the craft by attempting to reduce it to a simpleton's idea of Guitar Playing.This is the equivalent of a guide to Boxing being: "If you punch him hard enough you can knock him out."

I'm going to go ahead and give you some advice; based on your consistently low-value and barely intelligible posts and also in the spirit of trying to salvage the reputation of my people on this forum as you are clearly from India. Take a year off posting, socialize with well-adjusted adults, learn how the real world works and then if you think you are ready for it get back in here. Otherwise it's just a matter of time until you deservedly get the ban hammer.

Quote: (04-03-2016 07:46 PM)tanner Wrote:  

So, what you are saying is that in order to learn how to play the guitar you just need to learn how to play the guitar? And that you don't need to learn theory, but what you have presented basically boils down to music theory 101...?

I have played the guitar for almost 20 years now. I know from experience that it takes YEARS to learn how to play the guitar proficiently. In order to play the instrument you must develop your nervous system in order to gain the required dexterity and muscle memory. That is why beginners cannot just pick up a guitar and play. It is also why the vast majority of people that do pick up a guitar quit soon after. This is because it is HARD to play the guitar. 10 minutes...smh

[Image: tumblr_n40q52SSrk1rihnh5o3_r1_250.gif]

[Image: cJ2q4oU.jpg]

I'm the King of Beijing!

OP, you are a fucking idiot. Really, showing us the circle of fifths and telling us there's 7 chords and we're shredding in 10 minutes? Did posting that basic bitch level of guitar theory make you feel important? God damn I've read some idiotic posts but this one takes it.

So no mention of minor 7ths, 6ths, sus chords, modes, harmonics, proper finger training and stretches, how to fingerpick, ear training, rhythm training....oh god why am I bothering, I'm just an idiot who needs to practice vigilantly like a CHUMP who can't learn to shred in ten minutes.

Conclusion:

[Image: troll.gif]

and

[Image: iV4BntR.gif]

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

I'm going to say fuck it and bookmark this. If it doesn't work, I'm going to administer a beatdown to op in less than 10 minutes.

I found this post really helpful, because I actually just got a guitar yesterday. Red_Pillage has been helping me out, but we're both busy people so I haven't really had the time to sit down and get some lessons yet.

So I'm going to sit down and try this. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Minute 1: Okay, A chord... A chord. That's probably not very hard. It's just 1 chord, right? I can play like a billion chords on the piano. I'll just look it up...
[Image: amaj-free-guitar-chord-chart.png]

What the fuck is this thing?

Minute 2: OK so I guess I have to not play the top string... and then play the others... and then my second finger goes here... or third finger goes here..? Which way is this diagram pointing, again?

Minute 3: OK so the diagrams' pointing this way. I think I've got it. Now I just play it and rock stardom is mine!

Minute 4: I think my guitar is broken.

Minute 5: No wait, I'm just muting the strings. Why am I muting the damn strings?

Minute 6: WHY AM I MUTING THE DAMN STRINGS!?

Minute 7: I think my hands are defective.

Minute 8: Wait, that kind of sounded like an A chord...

Minute 9: No, wait. Never mind. That sounded nothing like an A chord.

Minute 10: It worked, guys! I just took a quick video of myself and uploaded it to youtube!

I just scheduled a 10-city tour for summer. If anybody wants backstage passes or a ride on my private jet, send me a PM.

Thanks OP! You've changed my life!

The 10 minute was obviously a satire (thought experiment??) -- trying to point out how too much theory in the beginning by fellow musicians over complicates and turns most off by wanting to learn.

Quote: (04-04-2016 06:18 AM)tanner Wrote:  

The 10 minute was obviously a satire (thought experiment??) -- trying to point out how too much theory in the beginning by fellow musicians over complicates and turns most off by wanting to learn.

It certainly didn't read as satire, it read more as incoming eBook.

I fully agree with your sentiments though. I've found a lot of technically proficient guitarists to be douchebags. Which is why I stick to folk music and four strings [Image: biggrin.gif] For me, music is about people coming together. So what if all you can play is four chords. I'll encourage newbies to come to a jam and play with us. Having this early 'success' (in that other people carry the tune and give you time to recover when you mess up, yet you were part of a successful rendition) is critical in keeping the interest alive in the early stages. So you're dead right in that a lot of guitarists tend to put beginners off.

I'd encourage anyone to learn the basics of theory, but it's certainly not essential to be able to play well and entertain people.

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...