rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Favorite Movie Scenes that speak to you. Crazy powerful and emotional. Post 'em.

Favorite Movie Scenes that speak to you. Crazy powerful and emotional. Post 'em.

Been in all those situations more or less below. Get goosebumps thinking about that shit. What are your favprite movie scenes have moved you emotionally? Pretty much what brought me to this forum. Pretty good way finding the bare essence of the forum too.

Its not exactly a movie but I love this short clip...

Gets me fired up every time.

There are so many.

Lately I've been thinking about the police station scene from "First Blood." Speaks to me as a great metaphor of breaking free from punk scum who are trying to hold you down. It's about freedom.

Just watching this punk sheriff harass Stallone, and provoke and provoke, fires me up with rage every single time. You want to leap out of your chair.

"First, it's a Saturday night thing when you feel cool like a gangster or a rockstar- just something to kill the boredom, you know? They call it a chippie, a small habit. It feels so good, you start doing it on Tuesdays... then Thursdays... then it's got you. Every wise ass punk on the block says it won't happen to them, but it does. "

Basketball Diaries

Quote: (03-07-2016 09:37 PM)Conscious Pirate Wrote:  

^My God! Excellent.

One of my Top 5 movies ever.

[Image: whileitscoldladies.png]

And that's how it came to pass, that on the second-to-last day of the job, the convict crew that tarred the plate factory roof in the spring of '49 wound up sitting in a row at ten o'clock in the morning, drinking icy cold beer courtesy of the hardest screw that ever walked a turn at Shawshank State Prison. The colossal prick even managed to sound magnanimous. We sat and drank with the sun on our shoulders, and felt like free men. We could'a been tarring the roof of one of our own houses. We were the Lords of all Creation.

As for Andy, he spent that break hunkered in the shade, a strange little smile on his face, watching us drink his beer. You could argue he'd done it to curry favor with the guards. Or maybe make a few friends among us cons. Me, I think he did it just to feel normal again...if only for a short while.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

I'm not sure why, but all LeCarre movie adaptations that I've seen resonate big time.

The white haired gentleman who stands up immediately when everybody starts singing is the author himself.

^Beautiful! REminds me of this.

I love my country Ethiopia to death. But if had the choice to be born again i'd choose to be Russian. Reminds of of my Russian ex.

Most Alpha people on the planet.

[Image: giphy.gif]

^ I still cry to that scene. Every- single -time!

A couple of scenes from three of my all time favorite movies:

"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner" - RVF Motto?

Christopher Walken's greatest work:

Terminator 1 was the shit.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

"Dead Man Walking" scene where Penn finally admits his guilt. Much more powerful in context at the end of the film than on it's own.

Randy Shughart and Gary Gordon protecting an Army Night Stalker against hordes of Somalia militia.

Michael Murphy making the call.

Matthew Axelson dying a warrior's death.

I have no fear of flying, yet no matter how hard I try, I always have a deep anxiety like this buried in my hind-brain.

this needs no explanation

nerdy but a classic. makes you want to believe in holding up the west.

some of us shouldnt be alive. and just breathe that fresh fucking air every day knowing none of us have to live through that shit or any other retarded wars (atleast most of us) because our forefathers won.

War is hell:

Finding the beauty in the simple things in life:

We rationalize how important our lives are and try to insert meaning:

Importance of picking a good woman:

This scene speaks for itself:

Reminds me of home, of my family and relationships between fathers and sons. Gets me every time.

If you've ever lived a counter-culture existence in a drugged out hippy house, this scene hits pretty deep.

Waking life featuring Alex Jones:

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Donnie Darko ending, when he successfully goes back in time and accepts his death, thereby saving everyone else from dying in the previous chain of events occurring in the movie. His girlfriend, Gretchen no longer even knows who he is since he went back in time before they met.

It's implied all these people had some subconscious sense of the events even though they technically never happened since he went back before they happened.

And American Beauty, when Ricky walks up to her, tells her he likes her, then walks away leaving her transfixed.

Good topic. I love movies and find myself very moved and motivated by them.

This is the most powerful scene in any movie for me. This is my favorite movie and this scene will always choke me up without fail.

It reminds me not to take things for granted, tomorrow is never promised, and that at the end of the day we are all human and having love for your fellow man is important. No one is inherently "evil" as its not in human nature. Many people become misguided and not everyone gets a second chance, and some that do take it too late.

I have a lot of others but I'll just post this one for now.

The pathos of war: The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly

Greatest courtroom movie ever: "Breaker Morant"

"I Am Reality" from "Platoon"

Greatest German film, ever. (The Lives of Others)

Avenging his father: (The Beat That My Heart Skipped)

I can't find the entire sequence. I would have liked to include the 5-10 minutes before these clips as well.

In Excalibur, Percival is hunting for the Holy Grail. The land is in ruins. He sees the other knights have already been slaughtered. He is tempted by Morgana. He is crushed with the weight of years of utter, hopeless despair.

But, he perseveres, and finally his perseverance is rewarded:

The lesson of perseverance in the face of despair struck me deeply many years ago watching this movie, and I've never forgotten it. Perhaps I should say there have been times I forgot briefly, but this lesson still comes back to me.

Even when all hope is lost, never give up. Always persevere, even in the face of despair. As long as you are still alive, victory and renewal can come.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

Step one, discovery:
A great movie about modern romance and discovering the beauty in the journey:

Step two, anger:
The movie that captured so much of it...the discovery, the anger, the search for a way out:

Step three, growth:
One of the single best movies ever produced about lifelong friendship, male-bonding and community:

(Not actual scene, just a still and the song):