rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hulk Hogan's trial against Gawker has begun

He sued them for $100 million and now the trial is finally getting underway:

Quote:Quote:

Hogan, whose real name is Terry Bollea, is suing Gawker for $100 million for publishing a sex tape of him and the wife of a Tampa radio personality.

A six-member jury will determine whether Gawker violated Hogan's right to privacy when it published the video of the former professional wrestler having sex with his best friend's wife. Hogan's attorneys say it garnered 7 million views.

Hogan says the video was made without his knowledge.

Gawker says the publication was a legitimate scoop because Hogan had talked openly about his sex life before, in forums such as Howard Stern's radio show.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/florida/o...t/72016549

If Gawker loses, they may have to file for bankruptcy.

Serves 'em right.

“As long as you are going to be thinking anyway, think big.” - Donald J. Trump

"I don't get all the women I want, I get all the women who want me." - David Lee Roth

Just remember, if a promiscuous woman did the same thing, she would have an expectation of privacy. So should Bollea.

For the legal experts on here - whats his chances at winning?

Is one thing to write about it, even to go into graphic detail about it but to post the video that is messed up. I hope he wins, plus I don't like gallery much.

Dude used to do at my place of work while I was at college, chill guy.

Quote: (03-07-2016 05:31 PM)Atlantic Wrote:  

You don't need a legal expert round here just tell me who his attorneys are. And which judge.

Edit: Roosh It's in St. Pete which is in a different county than Tampa. Also which court exactly lets you wear that kinda headgear? I'd say his odds are high.

What this thread needs is about 20 Hulkamania! gifs.

This has been of much interest to me. I've been tweeting to Nic Denton and gawker for a while now about what they gonna do when Hulkamania runs a train on [you].

No response, and it's not because I have only a handful of twitter followers, it's because they're fucking terrified.

Quote: (03-07-2016 05:40 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

You don't need a legal expert round here just tell me who his attorneys are. And which judge.

Edit: Roosh It's in St. Pete which is in a different county than Tampa. Also which court exactly lets you wear that kinda headgear? I'd say his odds are high.

Attorney - Kenneth Turkel
Gawker attorney - Seth Berlin
Circuit Judge - Pamela Campbell

Lets hear those odds...

Quote: (03-07-2016 05:55 PM)Atlantic Wrote:  

Attorney - Kenneth Turkel
Gawker attorney - Seth Berlin
Circuit Judge - Pamela Campbell

Lets hear those odds...
Well it's up to jury I don't know the Gawker Att or heard of him. Hulks is good but I would't use him.

Jury is local though so no matter how good of council they have we are still a bunch rednecks here.

In what world is a hidden camera sex tape recorded without permission a legitimate scoop? Holy shit.

Gawker and the cultural degeneracy affliates like Jizzbel will finally be gone. Hopefully some idiot doesn't come in hoping to save them since it can't be profitable to run something that's business model is breaking ethics and slander. Once God Emperor Trump opens the libel laws no one would touch that.

Excerpts from other sites I go on that are following the case

"Hogan’s attorney did a great bit in the opening, where he quoted all of the Jezebel articles decrying the “Fappening” and saying that naked pictures of celebrities were not newsworthy, etc. He then asked what made the Hogan tape different, and answered this own question — “this time, they had an exclusive.”

Berry noted that Denton’s mom was a Hungarian Jew “who survived the Nazis” before escaping the Soviet occupation and fleeing to England at age 18. “Mr. Denton grew up with parents who’ve seen first-hand what happens when speech is suppressed,” Berry said. “He wants the public to have the simple, unvarnished truth … the unvarnished truth about public figures.”
-Gawker going full Godwin's less than a day into the trial

"Gawker is NOT doing well so far. Their attorney is giving the opening statement right now. He comes across as a pompous, condescending, and manipulative dipshit who is over personalizing himself (my kids asked about this case, I'm a father) in an attempt to garner some goodwill from the jury. He is also ridiculing Hogan for using steroids and for having a thong tanline in the video."

"I just saw a news report on channel 7 of the start of the trial. One of the "journalists " they were talking to pretty much fucking victim blamed Hogan. She stated the media had the right to release the tape because "when you go into a man's home and have sex with his wife, and that man is allegedly known to film things, you should know better. The rumors of the existence of the tape give the media the right to release it."

Hulk was triggered, "I started shaking violently, I couldn't contain myself."

Gawker traffic is not doing so well...

[Image: attachment.jpg30328]   

Who recorded and sent/sold the tape to Gawker?

Quote: (03-07-2016 08:10 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Who recorded and sent/sold the tape to Gawker?
Bubba the love sponges wife I think.

Yes this is real.

I think he's got some good facts here. Gawker's position looks pretty lame to me, at least from what I saw in that clip. It's one thing to report on news or even rumors. But it's something very different to publish a private sex tape without someone's consent.

I wonder why his friend is refusing to testify.

Down with media entertainment. I hope Gawker goes down in flames.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

I really hope Gawker is decimated by this, for many reasons. Not the least of which is seeing that pussy Sam Biddle unemployed.

Whats the lesson we can take from this situation. Always take a girl to your place to smash or maybe a hotel.
Hulk Hogan should've covered his bases knowing he was hooking up with a married chick.
[Image: gamerecognized.gif]

Thats just messed up the cuck guy released the video to gawker. Now everyone knows he got played.
Hope that shit site Gawker gets destroyed out of all this.

Live footage from the trial.

Opening statements.
[Image: 14wTbNneogwjba.gif]

Cross examination.
[Image: 9jK41hG0Ayk6c.gif]

Media coverage.
[Image: AxcR5Z5tLnnCo.gif]

Closing arguments.
[Image: COhLfVgCOFOzC.gif]

Is she hot or something? I agree I hope hulk crushes gawker. But man your best friends wife? A guy known to video tape? Wtf? Hulk seemed thirsty he could have a ton of ass.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

In terms of him banging his best friend's wife...not really surprised. His entire family is messed up. If I remember correctly:
1. Son got into reckless car accident, killed his friend. Did jail time.
2. Ex-wife dated son's friend
3. Daughter got book job and has a failed career
4. He himself dated his daughter's nanny

I might be getting some of the details wrong, but yeah that family was a catastrophe. Not surprised he went off the rails after his divorce and all.

Not happening. - redbeard in regards to ETH flippening BTC

Erin Andrews just got $54Million and if anything her leak made her more famous (Fox poached her from ESPN with more $$$)

Hopefully Gawker gets destroyed

The worst part is not that Gawker acquired and posted the tape to violate his privacy, but that it refused to take it down after receiving a court order to do so. The first part could somehow be excused by carelessness or yellow journalism, but the second is pure malice:

[Image: BHV09mz1.jpg]

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (03-08-2016 01:53 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

The worst part is not that Gawker acquired and posted the tape to violate his privacy, but that it refused to take it down after receiving a court order to do so. The first part could somehow be excused by carelessness or yellow journalism, but the second is pure malice:

I think it was a dick move to put up a video in the first place, but why would Gawker obey an unlawful court order that was reversed later on?

They're in Pinellas County. Don't the have two courthouses in Pinellas, one in St. Pete, and the other in Clearwater? If it's in the Clearwater court, and he pays his proper tribute to the Church of Scientology, he's guaranteed to win.

Then again, Idiocracy is the unofficial movie of Pinellas County, Hulk must be a God among men down there.