rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to lose a girl in ten seconds.

Was out at the bar the other evening talking with a cute young redhead smoking cigarettes. She was there selling CDs for some band she was doing merchandising for. Chatted with her for about 20 minutes outside and not a hint of the smartphone. I did my best to physically escalate like a pro, and soon she was leaning her head on me and giving me hugs. Told me she was getting picked up by a family member to go back home - she was quite young and likely was still living at home nearby. I live 20 miles away. Damn.

She offered me her phone number and even double checked to make sure I had it right. Old guy in car (uncle? father? Definitely not boyfriend) rolls up. And then...and then...

"Can you grab this box of CDs and put it in the trunk for me? It's really heavy."

Me: "Well, okay, sure."

And the opening text next evening went forever unanswered.

I dunno fam, we always look for the smoking gun on any failed pick ups.
(on a long enough time-line, all pick ups will eventual fail)

Are you certain that your simple act is what caused the immediate ghost?

I'm not that convinced, I feel it could be something else.
Rather lemme say, I hope it's not the case.
I'd chalk it up to Game.

This is all a bit much for me.
As men we can't even assist our physically inferior counterparts - lest we be doomed eternally?

Goodness gracious.

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

Quote: (01-08-2016 05:54 PM)XPQ22 Wrote:  

Was out at the bar the other evening talking with a cute young redhead smoking cigarettes. She was there selling CDs for some band she was doing merchandising for. Chatted with her for about 20 minutes outside and not a hint of the smartphone. I did my best to physically escalate like a pro, and soon she was leaning her head on me and giving me hugs. Told me she was getting picked up by a family member to go back home - she was quite young and likely was still living at home nearby. I live 20 miles away. Damn.

She offered me her phone number and even double checked to make sure I had it right. Old guy in car (uncle? father? Definitely not boyfriend) rolls up. And then...and then...

"Can you grab this box of CDs and put it in the trunk for me? It's really heavy."

Me: "Well, okay, sure."

And the opening text next evening went forever unanswered.

Lesson learnt, do not help chicks that I am trying to pick up? So, what would have been the reply to get the game going?

It's definitely true, I have no idea that that particular action caused her to be unresponsive, or simply because the moon was in the House of Aquarius.

I guess it was more of a commentary on the fact that such situations occur - i.e. you think everything went about as well as possible given the circumstances, and nothing comes of it, and you're ARE left grasping at straws.

Sort of a reminder that in game - "sometimes you can do everything right and still lose."

The correct response in that sort of situation is to say, "Yes, I'll carry your heavy box, but only if you hold my fuzzy hat while I stick it in the trunk."

[Image: mystery-with-fuzzy-hat-and-goggles.jpg]

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (01-09-2016 02:15 AM)1026 Wrote:  

I dunno fam ...

First time I've seen the term "fam" in the manosphere.

Women are fickle. There's no rhyme or reason behind any of it once they've left your presence.

It seems like we are missing some details here.

What was the text you sent her?
How did you leave it off with her. What did you say before she left?
How did she react to that? Did she say anything?

We'd be able to give you a better response with some more details buddy.

I saw a guy say once he lost a girl because he bought the wrong flavor of coke. Goes to show how far you can go searching for a cause when there may not be one to find.

I actually think the OP is on to something.

It might not be the actual cause here, but somehow girls do lose respect for you if you comply with requests for help.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

There are many factors at play in the game. It's not like.. as long as you do every step right she'll be yours. When you do everything right that's only 50% of success. The other half of work is on her. There can be countless things in a girl's life that we're not aware of standing in your way. I'm sure that helping her with that box wasn't one of them.

She was there selling CDs for some band she was doing merchandising for.

Possible she saw you as a lead? She wanted to sell to you, and when you weren't looking for that, she closed up shop

Quote: (01-09-2016 09:27 AM)Suits Wrote:  

The correct response in that sort of situation is to say, "Yes, I'll carry your heavy box, but only if you hold my fuzzy hat while I stick it in the trunk."

What if he is not wearing a fuzzy hat? We have got to come up with a generic reply suitable for a generic scenario.

@ Suits

Your image didn't load, I can only assume it's an image of good ol' Erik Von Markovik.

It seems your humour is lost to some other members though...

Quote: (01-09-2016 08:53 PM)Hazaer Wrote:  

Quote: (01-09-2016 09:27 AM)Suits Wrote:  

What if he is not wearing a fuzzy hat? We have got to come up with a generic reply suitable for a generic scenario.

You didn't get the double entendre...

You never know. Could have been she was using you for a sales lead, changed her mind/mood, your text came too late or early, or contained a word/tell that she doesn't like. You did the best thing you could to move the thing forward, the rest is in her court.

I don't mind helping a chick carry something as long as she's carrying something too - I doubt that costs a man points except with an uber-flaky bitch woman. If she just wants me to do the work while she does nothing, homie don't play that, and she probably will mark you down for it.

Also, I'd text her again with a restart, if you get no response again delete the number. I've had many a lead not respond to the first text, then respond to the second one with a profuse apology that she flaked/missed it/whatever.

I don't have much game so I'm not really one to give advice in these situations, but I do think he's hit on something.

At my gym, a while back, I would sometimes chat with with a girl working there. This was when I first started reading game literature. Sometimes when she was vacuuming with a long extension cord and was way across the gym she would ask me to unplug the cord for her. Since I was sitting around resting between sets I didn't care. Sure, why not. I think it's in men's nature to be helpful. However, in doing so, there was never any positive reaction on her part.

However, one time I decided to "do the opposite" out of curiousity. She asked me to unplug the cord and I said with a slight smile,"You're not trying to get me to do your job for you, are you?" All of a sudden she perked up and got a lot more conversational and friendly! Just because I put up some fake "resistance" over doing something for her I didn't actually care about... Yeah, girls are weird like that.

I guess they get their asses kissed to much they are secretly just hoping (subconsciously) for someone to say no them. Over the smallest things.

When a girl asks for help, you can help, but give her shit for it first.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

You are taking it way too personal. She didn't respond, now what? Approach more girls, move on.

You probably don't speak to many girls so this may be why you are asking this. But I tell you this, every guy that gets laid a lot, this happens to him so often that when it happens, he just deletes her number and moves on.

Quote: (01-10-2016 01:15 PM)pitt Wrote:  

You are taking it way too personal. She didn't respond, now what? Approach more girls, move on.

You probably don't speak to many girls so this may be why you are asking this. But I tell you this, every guy that gets laid a lot, this happens to him so often that when it happens, he just deletes her number and moves on.

Agreed why are you wasting so much time rethinking what happened with that bitch. If you're a man with options you would know that's part of the game and saying it is what it is. Stop being outcome dependent and strive to be outcome independent. It seems like your really frustrated that you spent so much time at the bar with her and even carried a box for her with nothing to die for your efforts but an dead phone number.

Congratulations you played yourself.

You didn't even kiss this bitch. All you got was a hug and you're this worried about an unanswered text.

Nut check bro. Move the fuck on and approach other bitches and go fuck those bitches.

Quote:[b]Bacchus Wrote:  
Your goal is sex, not a phone number. Numbers are worthless.
They are the lotto tickets of game.
They might occasionally produce a winner, but don't count on it.
[/b]
If you are in Los Angeles and want to link up with me
and/or other members to do some approaches please contact me.Thanks.

Was out at the bar the other evening talking with a cute young redhead smoking cigarettes. She was there selling CDs for some band she was doing merchandising for.

Shes fucking (at least) one of the band members

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Quote: (01-09-2016 11:13 AM)General Stalin Wrote:  

I dunno fam ...

I've noticed an uptick in bodybuilding.com Misc forum terms bleeding into here.

Looks like some people from there are joining here.

Judging by the title of your post and then the scenario you describe I think you have Kate Hudson on the mind [Image: lol.gif]

[Image: 2cdz5sg.jpg]

She was fucking the band.

Quote: (01-09-2016 11:13 AM)General Stalin Wrote:  

I dunno fam ...

Tariq Nasheed uses that a lot. Maybe been listening to his podcasts?