rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Al-Fresco Sidewalk Game

Al-Fresco Sidewalk Game

As promised, this is a write-up on a form of game I've been running for the past several months, with increasing success. It works well in warm-weather regions or, like now, during the summer months. Much of it is applicable across-the-board in day-game scenarios, but most pertinent in outside eating areas or cafe-seating right on the sidewalk. Though it resembles classic coffee-shop game, it's different in a variety of major ways.

Al-Fresco Sidewalk Game, Broken Down

1. Venue Selection.
Your first task, even before you start, is to find places in and around the neighborhood that meet the essential, general criteria. Logistics are everything. You want cool places that serve food and/or (non-alcoholic) drinks that have seating right on the sidewalk, on a street with good girl-traffic. Ideally, it won't be a place that's so crowded that people are invading your space or waiting for your table. You also don't want places where the eating area is barricaded from the sidewalk traffic. I tend to go with spots that aren't full-service restaurants for this reason. Non-chain, higher-end, semi-fast food type of places work best. If they have a tip jar in the front, you're probably hitting the right spot. Drop a buck or two while the guy is ringing you up and it will come back to you in the long run.

I know of a few places like this right in my neighborhood--which is ideal location-wise--so I make it a point not to burn-out any of them and start to get a reputation as a prowler. Places near your dwelling are worth their weight in gold, since you have the added dynamic of being able to pivot things to your man-cave (admittedly a rarer occurrence in day-game settings).

2. Determine a Location's Prime Days and Times.
In general, I avoid weekends and lunch time because they're too busy and fast-moving for me to be effective. Off-times, like between meals, and during the week are best.

3. Look Good, But Lounging.
You have to get the dress code just right. This isn't club night, so you don't want to overdo it on the style. At the same time, you don't want to come out in your mesh shorts and high-top Jordans. Depending on the weather, I usually rock a v-neck, jeans, and chill shoes with a hat and other accessories. I look relaxed and stylish, but like I'm minding my own business: probably the most important part of vibe. It you can pull off the linen pants, flip-flops, and woven hat, more power to you.

4. Bring Stuff to Do, Have Props.
You could just sit there and swoop chicks, but that predatory mindset isn't ideal with this method. I usually bring a little light work and/or something else to do. I tend to have a work-bag with me. Keep in mind, though, you won't get a lot of high-level work done. A laptop and book is the conservative--and my most common--approach. But I sometimes bring my instrument and sheet music and practice outside, which is more extreme, and sets up an entirely different vibe. The key is to make it clear that you're doing your own thing and that you're one interesting-ass cat. Random props won't hurt your case either, provided they're not too gratuitous or strange.

5. Eat/Drink Sensibly.
I usually do this as a late lunch, but however you do it, don't gobble down your food or chug your drink, so you look "done." The waitstaff might come and bus your table, making you look like a guy that's just freeloading the table. This takes a lot away from the natural look and feel of your presence there. Nibble your shit or deliberately leave some leftovers.

6. Mind Your Teeth.
Avoid ordering shit with pesto, poppy seeds, cilantro, or similar stuff in it because it will invariably end up lodged in your teeth and make you look ridiculous. That said, anything can end up in your teeth, so make sure to get a glass of water that you can subtly swish in your mouth when you see prospects coming. This is actually good policy whenever you're swooping chicks. I used to bring a pocket-sized mirror in my bag to handle these kinds of problem. I'm not kidding.

7. Sit at an Angle.
I always sit near-perpendicular to the table so I can watch both directions of traffic. You have to do this subtly, so it doesn't seem obvious that you're eagle-eyeing the street. Girls are intuitive as fuck about this kind of thing, so be very good about pretending to work or looking from the corners of your eyes while actually working.

8. Open Different Types of People.
Don't just cherry-pick the cute chicks that walk by. Talk to random strangers, since your loose, upbeat day-game vibe grows with every interaction. I sometimes take this to somewhat of an extreme, opening random old ladies who tend to stop and talk and put me in a good mood. When you do this, stopping a random chick will seem a lot more natural and comfortable. Your material will flow.

9. Have Lock-and-Loaded Openers.
Situational openers are ideal, but it's often difficult to come up with something in the tiny windows you have, so have a set of pre-fabs. Keep your openers simple, short, and open-ended--more than usual. This isn't your normal scenario. Your only goal here is to get her to stop for a few seconds so can quickly snare her into a comfort-building conversation. Your targets are literally moving, so you have an extremely short window in which to do your magic: basically from the point that she's within earshot (and not at an uncomfortable distance) to when she passes you. That's literally a couple of seconds, in most cases. I rotate my openers so the other patrons--if, unfortunately, there are others near you--don't think that I'm mechanically swooping and start working against you (I don't care if they know I'm swooping otherwise). Avoid saying things that are easy to ignore, like "nice bag" or other random compliments and observations. I'm not a big fan of "hi," because girls will just say "hi" back and keep walking. Instead ask harmless questions or literally point at her and say, "wait a second..." and add some comment.

Your line can--and probably should--be kind of weak and lame. Too polished and you can't get it off in time or you seem like a slickster--the kiss of death. To be honest, 50 percent of the time, I just take a stupid guess about where the girl is from. This works because all it takes is a word or two. I stopped the secret lolitas from the other day by merely saying, "Canadians?" and pointing at them.

10. You Will Be Ignored.
This goes without saying. Some girls will freak out and speed up, especially if your vibe is too try-hard and cat-caller-like. I've had others grin, like they knew I was hollering, but keep moving. Don't sweat non-stoppers. Like any kind of mass-approach technique, you're going to get non-participants and rejections. Resist the temptation to say something rude to girls that give you an unsavory face or weren't that hot to begin with and are acting like they are. Stay loose, go back to your work, and come back up in a few minutes.

11. When a Girl Stops, Spit Solid Follow-Up Game.
This approach is not good if you're not already a good talker or question-asker. When a girl stops, you have her attention for maybe another two seconds. The second line, even more than usual, is more important that the first. A good one of those buys you a couple more seconds. Abruptly segue from the opening topic to something more substantial to start a real conversation. If you do things correctly, your girl will unravel from one-word answers to longer and longer stints of talking.

Example:

Tuthmosis: "Canadian?" [while pointing]
Cute Girl: "No." [but slowing down]
Tuthmosis: "Are you sure? You definitely look Canadian?"
Cute Girl: "What makes you say 'I look' Canadian?" [somewhat incensed]
Tuthmosis: "If you're not Canadian, you're definitely from somewhere way up North."
Cute Girl: "I'm from here."
Tuthmosis: "Can I see your camera for a second? Don't worry I won't break it." [she has a nice, photographer-style thing]
Cute Girl: "Okay." [handing me the camera]
Tuthmosis: "Do know how to actually use this or are you one of those fake photographers I keep meeting?" [pushing buttons and examining the machinery]
Cute Girl: "Of course I do! I go to art school. Wait, why do I look Canadian?"

Bam. You got her for a little while now. Work your magic, player.

12. Leave a Chair Open, Pushed-Out Slightly.
I used to leave my bag and other junk on the other chair until I realized that an open chair, that's slightly ajar, is one of the most inviting things to a girl's ass. Not only that, it's a great diagnosis IOI. If/when she sits down, you know you're on the right track.

13. Aim to Break the 10-Minute Mark.
I remember Roosh saying somewhere that if you break a certain time-barrier in a day-game approach, a girl will talk to you indefinitely. That's absolutely been the case in my al-fresco scenarios. For me, that point seems to be around the 8- to 10-minute mark, though I'm never really looking at my watch, so it's hard to say. It's at that point that she either sits on her own or I invite her to "sit down for a couple of minutes before I have to get back to work."

14. Use Classic Game Techniques Like Time-Constraints, Pull-Aways.
See above. The more you draw her in, the more you should mention how you "should be working" or how "she interrupted your work." When you do it, do it playfully, and don't do it until you've gotten her to invest in you, by either sitting down or, even better, bouncing somewhere else with you (e.g., to a near-by store "to look around before you have to head back"). She's game if she's comes back with, "you're the one that stopped me." Just answer, "that's not how I remember it."

15. Use Your Laptop to Your Advantage.
Whenever I bring my laptop, I keep a funny (but short) clip or website loaded up in a tab (or downloaded on my machine, if there's no wi-fi). That way, you always have a fresh topic you can jump to in order to build more comfort, extend the conversation, and get to the magic 10-minute mark. "Oh, let me show this hilarious clip." Whether or not you use a clip, close the laptop lid at a certain point to subcommunicate that she might be succeeding in drawing your interest a little. Remember, this is day-game.

16. Be Fun and Silly.
This is a basic day-game principle, though it's a cornerstone of my personality and game 24/7. But, I can especially cut loose during the day. I look through their shopping bags ("let me see what you bought"), I tell obvious lies ("I own this building"), or offer her a bite of my sandwich or a sip of my drink. I'm surprised at the number of girls that participate in those exercises.

17. Play Into Deep-Seeded Girl-Fantasies.
At a certain point in the conversation, I start "anchoring" our rapport onto something more substantial. "It's so random to meet you like this" or, the little more risky, "you're weird...like me." Girls want to believe they can meet their prince charming on some random walk down the street and you're doing your part to plant the seed deep in her cerebral cortex with these insinuations.

18. Don't Overstay at a Venue.
I find that 45 minutes to an hour is the ideal time to stay at an al-fresco location. Anything less and you're not giving yourself time to do enough approaches or reach the critical mass. Anything more and you get tired, sloppy, or burn out the venue. Of course, there are no steadfast rules. If a place is dead, I roll to do other things sooner. Conversely, if things start picking up in the last 15 minutes, I hang a little longer.

19. Have Default, Harmless Excuses to Bounce to Your Place.
Even though this it will be rare in day-game scenarios, you can sometimes get a prospect to your place. This is why working the logistics in a way that your al-fresco venues are in your neighborhood is so important. (As is living in a happening neighborhood, another topic entirely.) A scenario that's worked for me is to propose "going to store together," but to "let me drop off this laptop at my apartment a block away. You'll have to wait outside." Then, naturally, I invite them in "for a minute." Everything is more gentle and delicate during the day, without alcohol and the cover of darkness. Game inside your pad accordingly.

20. Strong #close Is the Most Common Scenario.
Your most common closing scenario by far will be a warm-to-hot lead. The girl was probably headed somewhere in the first place or you smartly closed out the interaction before it went stale. As always, pre-set plans on the spot--if you can--and only get the number as a formality.

That's my take on Al-Fresco Sidewalk Game. Please feel free to give your input, criticism.

-Tuthmosis

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Al-Fresco Sidewalk Game

[Image: potd.gif]

Awsome post TM keep em coming......

"Timidity is dangerous, Better to enter with boldness. Any mistakes you commit through audacity are easily corrected with more audacity." (Robert Greene)

Al-Fresco Sidewalk Game

This is basically.... cafe game? Nice work Tuthmosis. Tell me, what happens when it's winter-time?

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Al-Fresco Sidewalk Game

Muy bien guey

Al-Fresco Sidewalk Game

as always, good stuff. i just did some of this type of day gaming this past week and it lead to a number and a kiss close.

Al-Fresco Sidewalk Game

What a great idea! Me being a writer and always busy on laptop with something, I think I'll give this a shot sometime. It's fun, comfortable and very low-risk. I think "hey, can I ask you for a female opinion" (since the main character in my book is a girl) or "what's the alternate word for... you look like you'd know" would both work well, other than the standard location-guess.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Al-Fresco Sidewalk Game

Great post on Al-Fresco game Tuthmosis. Certainly going to try this, although my window of opportunity is probably in the vicinity of 1 week here in the UK!

"16. Be Fun and Silly.
This is a basic day-game principle, though it's a cornerstone of my personality and game 24/7. But, I can especially cut loose during the day. I look through their shopping bags ("let me see what you bought"), I tell obvious lies ("I own this building"), or offer her a bite of my sandwich or a sip of my drink. I'm surprised at the number of girls that participate in those exercises."

This is a concept I'm really interested in as I'm a naturally silly and fun type of guy. I've toned it down a lot in day game and don't really roll with it that often, as when I first started day-gaming I was bringing out night-game silly material and I felt it wasn't too good for when alcohol is not flowing. So during the day I go with what Roosh calls 'Cool guy game.' Thoughts?

Al-Fresco Sidewalk Game

Thanks for kind words on the post, gentlemen.

Quote: (07-02-2011 08:21 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

This is basically.... cafe game? Nice work Tuthmosis. Tell me, what happens when it's winter-time?

There are some similarities, but some significant differences. I find that cafe game (a.k.a. coffee-shop game) is most different than al-fresco because the girls aren't ambulant. Plus, there's a whole different dynamic when you're both patronizing a place, versus one person eating and another person essentially in a different domain (walking down the street). Your goal with al-fresco is to get them to stop, so you can pull them into your bubble. Inside the cafe, you're doing basically what you'd do at any other public establishment (bookstore, post office).

EDIT: I've worked this angle mainly in the American Southwest where there is no "winter-time" to speak of. Anywhere that's warm like that is going to permit you to run this year-round. But, I imagine that in the colder latitudes, you're going to be confined to the summer-fall months. In a way, those places will be better, because girls tend to dive into "summer fun" a lot more, since they don't take nice weather for granted. That's been my experience, anyway.

Quote: (07-03-2011 05:29 AM)dk902 Wrote:  

This is a concept I'm really interested in as I'm a naturally silly and fun type of guy. I've toned it down a lot in day game and don't really roll with it that often, as when I first started day-gaming I was bringing out night-game silly material and I felt it wasn't too good for when alcohol is not flowing. So during the day I go with what Roosh calls 'Cool guy game.' Thoughts?

There's definitely a "cool-guy game" element to my own game, but I'm too talkative and provocative to pull it off 100-percent of the time (i.e., I can't keep "my cool"). Most of my cool-guy elements come in the second phase of the interaction, after I've gotten the girl's attention with my bold opening and some teasing. I tone it down, settle into a calmer state, and prove my high value. When I'm "on," and pull this off well, it seems to land nicely.

Al-Fresco Sidewalk Game

This is great, unfortunately I'm not in an area where I could do this everyday easily, but I think I could apply the basic ideas and modify it to suit me until I'm able to move somewhere else. There's a college town, about 25 minutes away, that this would work PERFECT on.

Al-Fresco Sidewalk Game

I didn't mean coffee-shop game, I was referring to cafe in the European sense.

And, as a man who lives in New England, the problem with al-fresco game is that there aren't many outdoor cafe's. Seasonal businesses have a tough time surviving when they are closed 6 months of the year. Still, there are a few. I'll try this sometime.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Al-Fresco Sidewalk Game

Quote: (07-04-2011 06:36 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

I didn't mean coffee-shop game, I was referring to cafe in the European sense.

And, as a man who lives in New England, the problem with al-fresco game is that there aren't many outdoor cafe's. Seasonal businesses have a tough time surviving when they are closed 6 months of the year. Still, there are a few. I'll try this sometime.

Gotcha on the "cafe" usage. I can't speak to how the game is in outdoor Europeans cafes, since I haven't run it.

New England? Some Au Bon Pains put out tables on the sidewalk, don't they? Cape Cod's gotta have some deep resources in the prime months too. Though, I agree, this is a lot harder to pull if you live in Massachusetts versus, say, Miami or Los Angeles.

Al-Fresco Sidewalk Game

Awesome post Tuthmosis!

The only thing that I would like to add to al-fresco game is to sit under a shaded area if you can if it's a sunny day. Leave the second chair on your table open to make it more inviting. And if you look like you're chill and doing your thing, women will likely be more comfortable to stop and talk to you. It's all about making you and your environment more inviting.

I number-closed a girl walking her dog who invited herself to my table because I looked so chill eating my yogurt and talked to her. She bought herself a yogurt, we had a nice talk, got her number, and we're meeting up this week.

Fun fact about the word "al fresco" from dictionary.com:
Origin: 1745–55; < Italian: in the cool, in a cool place.

Keeping cool and being cool with al fresco game, haha...

Al-Fresco Sidewalk Game

Good stuff sir. Im always amazed at the generosity here at the Roosh forum.

Al-Fresco Sidewalk Game

Nice breakdown t-MoSis! Reading articles about day game is like a crack addiction to me. Keep 'em coming .

Mixx

Al-Fresco Sidewalk Game

Great post Tut,

This is very similar to the type of Game that I run almost everyday. The only difference is that I like to stay "location independent". This gives me more freedom and flexibility. I can cross the street, change directions, go into stores and cafes, etc. I like to catch them at a red lights, follow them into a store, or use situational stuff on the street to help me open.

I use all of the concepts and strategies that Tut mentions.

I have learned that its important to use "props".

When I'm on a college campus, I carry a laptop bag. When I'm in a shopping district, I have a large Macys bag. If I'm in a grocery store, I have a basket with a few items.

And, of course, I use my cell phone as a wing man. Which I have mentioned before:

Quote: (03-27-2010 02:54 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

I use my cell as a wingman all the time. If I see a girl i like, I pretend to be on the phone, then i put myself "in position" where i will be walking right in front of her, right past her, or slower then her so she will walk past me. When i know she can hear me, i go into my "routines". What has worked for me is 2 of them:

1. I pretend i am having a semi-loud, passionate conversation in portugues. (Spanish doesn't help cause its so common around here)

or

2. I say something like this..."I'm telling you man, that chick is no dummy. She plays dum but she is the smartest one there. Ya i know, but she knows the whole story and she hasn't opened her mouth once, The chick is no dummy, man, trust me."

I end the call on a high note, JUST AS SHE IS PASSING ME. I "hang up" and pretend like it was a slightly charged emotional phone call, sort of pausing for a moment. Then i immediatley open her with some sort of quick/funny/confident statement.

Last time, the girl had a tear on the back of her jeans, so i said..."Hey Do you know you have a hole on your ass?"

She turned around cracking a smile, "What" she said, as she turned to look at it.

" I had a patch over it but i don't know what happened"

The conversation was on. And we where walking in the same direction. And she just heard me talking and behaving in a confident , interesting way.

I have a few other tricks that I will breakdown later tonight.

Al-Fresco Sidewalk Game

I like it.

Al-Fresco Sidewalk Game

Here is a little add-on to Tuthmosis' Al-Fresco Game.

I call it Brick and Mortar Street Game:

http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2011/07/sum...-game.html

Great move for those up an coming Playboys on a budget.

I used to use this all the time as a youth.

Al-Fresco Sidewalk Game

Quote: (07-15-2011 09:56 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Here is a little add-on to Tuthmosis' Al-Fresco Game.

I call it Brick and Mortar Street Game:

http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2011/07/sum...-game.html

Great move for those up an coming Playboys on a budget.

I used to use this all the time as a youth.

This is dope G, pretty sure i have a couple brick and mortar spots i could utilise this summer.....
And nice post tuthmosis up the top there.....like your style man....

Al-Fresco Sidewalk Game

reviving this thread because i don't want to make another one.

Alright so I just moved into a new place, and sitting here looking out my window I keep seeing hot girls walk by. seriously one every few minutes. Would it be a smart move to chill out there in a chair doing something (laptop/book/barbequing) and holler at some of them walking by. Invite them for a drink or some MJ or something?

Al-Fresco Sidewalk Game

Quote: (04-26-2012 07:43 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

Would it be a smart move to chill out there in a chair doing something (laptop/book/barbequing) and holler at some of them walking by. Invite them for a drink or some MJ or something?

Yes.

BBQing sounds really cool. Partying on your front porch is always fun in high traffic areas. My dad met his girlfriend this way, he asked her to come have a beer like 3 times before she finally said yes, and they hit it off, like 12 years younger then him.

Al-Fresco Sidewalk Game

dope, now to get a bbq and a big bed to bang the ladies in.

Al-Fresco Sidewalk Game

Quote: (04-26-2012 07:43 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

reviving this thread because i don't want to make another one.

Alright so I just moved into a new place, and sitting here looking out my window I keep seeing hot girls walk by. seriously one every few minutes. Would it be a smart move to chill out there in a chair doing something (laptop/book/barbequing) and holler at some of them walking by. Invite them for a drink or some MJ or something?

This definitely can and does work. I've seen it done by anyone from fraternity guys on their front laws to smaller groups (2-3 guys) at beach houses. You have to create a relaxed atmosphere. A radio, a couple of chairs, and a book could go far toward luring a chick into your net. I'm sure you do several quality stops/approaches in an afternoon. I bet with a cooler of beers and a vacant chair, you might be able to do an instadate or two.

After talking for a couple of minutes.

"Sit, sit. Stay for 5 minutes. Have a beer with me before I have to get back to my book."

Al-Fresco Sidewalk Game

I'll definitely do this up once I'm all unpacked. thanks

Al-Fresco Sidewalk Game

Remember to put a large sticker on your laptop - use your own taste, but avoid anything that would be hard to interpret (e.g. no cult humor shit). Maybe an evil kitten or something.

Al-Fresco Sidewalk Game

Quote: (04-28-2012 05:36 PM)astro Wrote:  

Remember to put a large sticker on your laptop - use your own taste, but avoid anything that would be hard to interpret (e.g. no cult humor shit). Maybe an evil kitten or something.

Whats your idea behind this? I like it and now that I think about it I have seen it work before.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha