rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Escape The West - But To Where?

WHERE TO GO? I am sure others in this forum have been considering the expat option and perhaps have been attributing time and resources into finding a new home somewhere else in the world. So the purpose of this thread is to combine our efforts and to produce a list of countries/cities that satisfy our minimum requirements for making a life there. On our end that would be:
  • Low Muslim Population - preferably a Christian or heavily secular country.
  • Relative Safety - by relative I mean not having to worry about getting shot or robbed on the way to the gym/market. That rules out many parts of Mexico for instance but not all. It also dropped Buenos Aires and many parts of Argentina off our list.
  • Solid Basic Infrastructure - clean water and electricity with rare outages. A challenge in many parts of South America but it's a regional thing, and there are places in Mexico that have great water whilst you may get arsenic poisoning drinking water out of the faucet or mercury poisoning just taking a shower in others.
  • Solid Internet Access - I am talking at least 5Mb/sec with rare outages. That'll be a tough one outside 1st world countries.
  • Good Weather - note that I mentioned 'good' and not 'great' - if I have to choose between L.A. or Mediterranean weather and living out my days in peace/safety I rather deal with a bit of seasonal discomfort.
  • Food We Like - that sounds like a luxury but I have learned in my life that living in a place where you hate the food is almost impossible. Forget about organic food of course - we hope to find a place where we make friends with local farmers and perhaps grow our own vegetables.
So here's our list to kick start this thread:
  • Chile - Pros: considered 2nd world, beautiful nature, varying climates, low muslim population. Cons: People seem to be a bit rude/cold, food isn't great in comparison with other S.A. countries, horrible red tape, Internet access spotty depending on location. Oh and women are in general mediocre to ugly - that affects mostly you single guys.
  • Mexico - Pros: Great weather in many places, people are very nice, great food, beautiful nature, modern infrastructure in several places. Cons: Narcotraficantes run several parts of the country, infrastructure problems in many places (but not all). Beautiful women if you like Latinas.
  • Puerto Rico - Comparable to Mexico in many respects. Quite frankly I have only done cursory research, need more info. Women are supposed to be hot.
  • Nicaragua - I know very little here but many expats recommend it. Great weather I hear and the ladies are pleasant.
  • New Zealand - Pros: Beautiful weather, English speaking country, good infrastructure. Cons: Also going down the liberal bandwagon from what I am able to gather. Timezone is difficult for conducting international business in the U.S. and Europe. Finally it's very difficult to get a long term visa there.
Places that didn't make the list for various reasons:
  • Poland - the language is very tough to learn and it would take us probably five years+ just to communicate in basic sentences. Some of you may be young enough to justify this investment. But the close location to Germany is the real problem. What if German/France turn into a caliphate 10/15 years from now? How long before they would attempt to take Poland by force?
  • Hungary - identical problems to Poland, difficult language and close vicinity to Germany.
  • Switzerland - I actually speak fluent German as well and even understand the accent there. However it's bordering France and Austria - both countries are pretty much doomed given the current political situation. Vienna in particular has become an Islamic stronghold and the remainder of the population there is fiercely liberal.
  • China - Air pollution is a big problem, plus I don't think Asia is really the place to go when trying to avoid Muslim immigration and terrorism attacks.
  • Thailand - my Australian buddies swear that it's a great place but it's got its own growing problems with Muslims plus they have regional conflicts.

Perhaps we could start producing country/city profiles that rate each of the places we consider? This way we would all benefit and the information could be constantly updated. If there is sufficient interest Roosh may even allow us to set up a separate 'Escape The West' sub folder with pages for each country. But this thread could be a good first start for brainstorming and compiling a list. A second step may be to combine resources and to help each other actively in relocating and establishing to key locations in the world - setting up a red pill expat network of some kind. The problem with us here in the West is that we are so used to fending for ourselves. It's time that we pool our resources and collaborate - help each other actively instead of spending most of our time and energy solely in online debate. Just an idea - let's see if it catches on. Ball in your court ;-)

"The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."
– Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

I've mostly made up my mind that Russia is the place for me.

and there can't be a whole lot of 'shopping around' realistically you can't really visit your perspective 10 countries or whatever for any significant time period. kind of have to pick one and commit to learning the language and not wonder 'what if' about the multitude of options.

Have you looked at Canada? I know the weather isn't that great, but it fulfills every other req on your list. Australia is another option.

I'dd add a few more Asian countries into the mix:

1) South Korea: Seoul is horrendously expensive, but 2nd tier cities like Daejeon and Daegu are perfectly nice, cost of living is much more reasonable and have fast bullet train access to the capital. Internet speeds are the best in the world, true 4 seasons weather, big Christian population and essentially no Muslims or extremists. Obviously, neither you nor your wife speak Korean, but English language education is mandatory in Korea and although the general population isn't that great at it, they will generally cater to you as you're obviously non-Asian. Dunno much about the visa situation there (I'm Korean American so I got fast tracked on an overseas Korean visa) but if you're an EU national, I can't imagine it would be too difficult.

2) Chiang Mai: The Muslim separatists stay in the South where Chiang Mai is in the Northern part of Thailand. Food is great, cost of living very reasonable, Thai people are quite pleasant. Heard the Internet speeds are slow but gotta sacrifice something I guess. That new 1 year multi-entry Thai visa is also a great new tool to use as a home base.

3) Da Nang: 3rd biggest City in Vietnam behind Saigon and Hanoi. Beach atmosphere, great food, low cost of living. Again, Internet speeds aren't the greatest and the Vietnamese have a somewhat deserved reputation for being stand-offish/mercenary to foreigners, but a few people that set up shop there and they seem to love it. Again, no Muslim population to speak of.

Hm, I think Portugal ticks all your boxes to be honest.

"Christian love bears evil, but it does not tolerate it. It does penance for the sins of others, but it is not broadminded about sin. Real love involves real hatred: whoever has lost the power of moral indignation and the urge to drive the sellers from temples has also lost a living, fervent love of Truth."

- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Quote: (11-21-2015 01:57 PM)Disco_Volante Wrote:  

and there can't be a whole lot of 'shopping around' realistically you can't really visit your perspective 10 countries or whatever for any significant time period. kind of have to pick one and commit to learning the language and not wonder 'what if' about the multitude of options.

A few questions:
  • What part of Russia do you have in mind?
  • Have you done a fair analysis on the pros and cons you would be willing to share?
  • Also, how about the language barrier? How long have you been studying Russian?
  • Finally you are aware that there is a large population of Muslims living in Russia? Do you feel that Putin and/or any of his successors will be able to steer Russia in the right direction?

"The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."
– Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Quote: (11-21-2015 02:01 PM)BossOfBosses Wrote:  

Have you looked at Canada? I know the weather isn't that great, but it fulfills every other req on your list. Australia is another option.

From what I learned about Canada and judging by Roosh's trials and tribulations whilst on tour there I would assume that it's just a matter of time when Islam plants its roots there as well. Plus I have little interest in living in another 'liberal' Western country.

– Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Quote: (11-21-2015 02:01 PM)booshala Wrote:  

I'dd add a few more Asian countries into the mix:

1) South Korea: Seoul is horrendously expensive, but 2nd tier cities like Daejeon and Daegu are perfectly nice, cost of living is much more reasonable and have fast bullet train access to the capital. Internet speeds are the best in the world, true 4 seasons weather, big Christian population and essentially no Muslims or extremists. Obviously, neither you nor your wife speak Korean, but English language education is mandatory in Korea and although the general population isn't that great at it, they will generally cater to you as you're obviously non-Asian. Dunno much about the visa situation there (I'm Korean American so I got fast tracked on an overseas Korean visa) but if you're an EU national, I can't imagine it would be too difficult.

2) Chiang Mai: The Muslim separatists stay in the South where Chiang Mai is in the Northern part of Thailand. Food is great, cost of living very reasonable, Thai people are quite pleasant. Heard the Internet speeds are slow but gotta sacrifice something I guess. That new 1 year multi-entry Thai visa is also a great new tool to use as a home base.

3) Da Nang: 3rd biggest City in Vietnam behind Saigon and Hanoi. Beach atmosphere, great food, low cost of living. Again, Internet speeds aren't the greatest and the Vietnamese have a somewhat deserved reputation for being stand-offish/mercenary to foreigners, but a few people that set up shop there and they seem to love it. Again, no Muslim population to speak of.

Actually I have been to South Korea three times and even taught myself Hongul (but do not speak the language really). Great country but I'm not sure it's a place I'd want to move. Especially with North Korea right around the corner.

Chiang Mai: My Ozzie buddy is spending a lot of time there and is even getting married to a Thai girl soon. Slow internet is not an option for me personally though, but for some of you that may not be an issue.

– Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Quote: (11-21-2015 02:28 PM)LEMONed IScream Wrote:  

Hm, I think Portugal ticks all your boxes to be honest.

I would have to learn Portuguese - which may be easier now that I speak Spanish. But I would still be worried about it being located in Western Europe. Terrorist threat probably almost identical to Spain. I don't see what the benefit would be honestly.

– Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Quote: (11-21-2015 03:01 PM)redpillage Wrote:  

A few questions:
  • Have you done a fair analysis on the pros and cons you would be willing to share?
  • Also, how about the language barrier? How long have you been studying Russian?
  • Finally you are aware that there is a large population of Muslims living in Russia? Do you feel that Putin and/or any of his successors will be able to steer Russia in the right direction?

IMO the orthodox church in Russia would violently fight back Islam if it came to that. Russian gov is corrupt at least they put down that muslim bullshit with violent retaliation if necessary.

This is assuming I could afford to live in the nicer areas of Moscow or other large city there.

I like white girls and decided one day I need to make white children. I don't feel any connection to Asian or latina women. They're basically sex objects to me, I only feel real connections with white girls.

I'd say Japan would be a solid option but I don't want offspring with slanted eyes. Plus I've already spent a year learning Russian.

Most of you would agree that syrians should not flee their country and bring thieir misery with them. Most of you would agree that they need to solve their own crisisies and bring their country to order.

Actually the same is with westerners. You may think you are better then the norm but honestly looking wherever westerners go they turn other countries to west - they pedestalize women and bring western decadent lifestyle with them, just as Mexicans bring mexico with them or syrians brin Syria with them.

Running away is not the answer - you must stand your ground. You must solve the problems in your country within your country. You must change yourself and start to change the world around you starting from yourself. This is the philosophically correct answer. May not be the most practical advice and may not be a pleasant thing to hear but in your heart you know it is true.

Also - there soon will not be anywhere left to run. And this is also due to to the mentality of people to run away from their problems. Now the whole world will be filled with people running away from their misery and finding thatwherever they go there are already miserable people ahead of them. The world is getting too small to run. The age of fleeing and restarting somewhere else is over. You have to stand your ground.

Quote: (11-21-2015 03:13 PM)Disco_Volante Wrote:  

Quote: (11-21-2015 03:01 PM)redpillage Wrote:  

A few questions:

IMO the orthodox church in Russia would violently fight back Islam if it came to that. Russian gov is corrupt at least they put down that muslim bullshit with violent retaliation if necessary.

This is assuming I could afford to live in the nicer areas of Moscow or other large city there.

I like white girls and decided one day I need to make white children. I don't feel any connection to Asian or latina women. They're basically sex objects to me, I only feel real connections with white girls.

I'd say Japan would be a solid option but I don't want offspring with slanted eyes. Plus I've already spent a year learning Russian.

I totally agree on the white offspring, brother. Like you I can appreciate Asian or Latina women but only feel a true connection with Northern European women (i.e. my wife). How is your command of the language after the first year? Can you maintain a basic conversation at this point? Also, I forgot the most important question of all: Have you ever actually been to Russia? it's a huge place, you know - quite different to live in Moscow as opposed to near the Red Sea or somewhere in the midst of Siberia.

– Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Mage - I can't change the women in America much less their nasty attitudes. and every other white person here seems to welcome their own destruction via immigration. It's like an intervention - you have to let the addict bottom out before they are ready to heal.

Im sick of all these white people who welcome their own replacement and subjugation to the fucking 'latino vote' and every other failed culture that's immigrating here.

Quote: (11-21-2015 03:13 PM)Mage Wrote:  

Most of you would agree that syrians should not flee their country and bring thieir misery with them. Most of you would agree that they need to solve their own crisisies and bring their country to order.

Actually the same is with westerners. You may think you are better then the norm but honestly looking wherever westerners go they turn other countries to west - they pedestalize women and bring western decadent lifestyle with them, just as Mexicans bring mexico with them or syrians brin Syria with them.

Running away is not the answer - you must stand your ground. You must solve the problems in your country within your country. You must change yourself and start to change the world around you starting from yourself. This is the philosophically correct answer. May not be the most practical advice and may not be a pleasant thing to hear but in your heart you know it is true.

Also - there soon will not be anywhere left to run. And this is also due to to the mentality of people to run away from their problems. Now the whole world will be filled with people running away from their misery and finding thatwherever they go there are already miserable people ahead of them. The world is getting too small to run. The age of fleeing and restarting somewhere else is over. You have to stand your ground.

I do appreciate and value your comment, Mage. However I would like to ask you and everyone else in this thread to focus on the available options for people who have decided to leave our Western shores. If you disagree that is fine but we should not pollute this thread by debating our respective motivations. For that the original thread (Migrant Invasion of Europe) is more appropriate IMO.

– Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

The thread I made today is I think of interest to us, regarding escaping the West :

thread-51862.html

[Image: 78WrbYS.gif]

Take care of those titties for me.

Quote: (11-21-2015 03:02 PM)redpillage Wrote:  

From what I learned about Canada and judging by Roosh's trials and tribulations whilst on tour there I would assume that it's just a matter of time when Islam plants its roots there as well. Plus I have little interest in living in another 'liberal' Western country.

Keep in mind that most of those experiences come from Toronto...a mecca of the rainbow haired freaks and skinn-jean wearing metros.

Canada is hardly a homogenous country. It's also distinct from the US in that their provinces have a lot more autonomy than do American states. Tax rates, laws, even culture and language vary widely.

Ask of the guys who've been out to rural or mid-sized towns in Alberta. It's a very different place than Toronto is.

For fear of "being shot going to the gym", you "dropped Buenos Aires and many parts of Argentina off our list"..??

Where have you been in Buenos Aires? in Fuerte Apache??

Seriously, where have you read that Argentina was dangerous?? it's almost as safe as Chile or Uruguay. Who has ever heard of a first-World tourist killed in Argentina, during this year 2015?

So you want a country that´s not part of the Western World, alright.
It should have a low or no Muslim population, relative safety, solid infrastructure, good internet connection and good food, and at the same time shouldn´t be in Asia, cause you think that´s just not the place to go.

Well, there´s not a lot left then. You can´t have it all.
So which critera would be the least important to you, where would you be most willing to make concessions?

Anyway, from the top of my head I´ll suggest the following countries that haven´t been mentioned yet and fit your requirements. Your wish for solid internet is the killer criterion.
I really think you should reconsider on the Asia part:

Singapore
Japan
Hong Kong
Taiwan

Estonia (if it has to be Europe)

Interesting concept, redpillage. I've also been actively searching for an adopted country to make my home for 6 months every year whilst it is winter in my country, therefore living a perpetual endless summer. To give context, I've lived in 4 countries and traveled to over 40. Taking into consideration your list, I think Buddhist South East Asia is a sound option for you:
- Amazing food = The region is host to some of the most next level food on the planet e.g. Thai, Viet, Indian, Japanese. For a small price, you could hire a housekeeper with cooking skills or even a dedicated chef to cook for you. You mention, "make friends with local farmers and perhaps grow our own vegetables.", you'll find many chances for this in SEA, there's a huge foodie scene in Chiang Mai and Bali for example.
- Religion = I'm an Atheist, with a very red pill view on religion. From all the cults that exist on this planet, I would say Buddhism is one of the best - especially because it focuses so much on calmness of mind, peacefulness and soul enrichment.
- Safety = This heavily overlaps with above point re: buddhism. Of course crime can happen anywhere, but generally SEA is very safe (especially in comparison to Latin America). You will not find any trouble unless you are indulging in certain dodgy behaviour in dodgy areas.
- Infrastructure = Well, they're developing countries, so by definition you'll find they're still developing many things, including infrastructure. But Thailand would be the best choice in the region for this.
- Internet = "5Mb/sec with rare outages. That'll be a tough one outside 1st world countries" hmmmm I'm not sure I agree with that statement. Anyway, Thailand and Vietnam can accomodate this speed and reliability easily.
- Weather = Tropical paradise, what more can I say.

You mentioned you have an internet business. So, Chiang Mai would be perfect as you'll get to benefit from the digital nomad community and have many cowork spaces to choose from. Furthermore, it has an incredibly low cost of living, yet with western-level amenities like movie theatres and hipster cafes. The region is mad for travelling, also tropical islands are a cheap short flight away. I will mention, one of the biggest flaws with Thailand is english proficiency is terrible, and thai language is extremely difficult to learn.

I'd also suggest Bali. It's a special place. I've traveled extensively through SEA and could talk for days about the region, but there are countless blog articles where you could find more info.

Yes, same here. EE is my foreseeable future, mainly because slavic women are what floats my boat.

Really dude? The thread is called "escape the west" and you suggest Canada and Australia? Not to mention, those places are extraordinary left-wing, PC and expensive.

Quote: (11-21-2015 03:56 PM)Easy_C Wrote:  

Quote: (11-21-2015 03:02 PM)redpillage Wrote:  

Keep in mind that most of those experiences come from Toronto...a mecca of the rainbow haired freaks and skinn-jean wearing metros.

Canada is hardly a homogenous country. It's also distinct from the US in that their provinces have a lot more autonomy than do American states. Tax rates, laws, even culture and language vary widely.

Ask of the guys who've been out to rural or mid-sized towns in Alberta. It's a very different place than Toronto is.

The winters are brutal unless you're near Vancouver or on Vancouver Island, then its similar to Seattle which is still shitty because it rains a lot but at least its not -30 and snowing. Canada is fucking huge and you can certainly live in towns and cities that are nearly 100% white, especially in Quebec which is a decent option if you speak French. Quebec City is around 95% white and was recently the only city in North America with a population of over 500,000 which didn't record a single homicide in a year. As far as guns go, I've read guys on here say that Canada is an unarmed society but that's bullshit, sure you can't buy an AR-15 or easily carry handguns around but you can buy lots of shot guns or rifles to protect yourself with, although, you may go to jail if you kill someone with it. Canadian cities are kinda lame but if you are like me and enjoy the great outdoors (hunting, fishing, hiking, etc) and clean air then its a good option.

Not trying to be argumentative, but how many times/for how long have you been there?

I lived in Ukraine for almost a year, and the girls were very nice but there are a lot of factors in very different cultures that one can't foresee.

Even Roosh, far more YoungTallCool with better game than me complained about Ukraine as being hard to live in long term, and seems to have spent more time in Poland afterwards.

I'm not saying this is you, but one can declare "I'm moving to ______" but once you get there you might not find what you hoped to find.

I don't think that's bad-- I learned quite a bit in Ukraine. BUt it's something to be aware of.

I think that this idea of moving out of the anglosphere, which I have been working on for about 5 years on and off, is better viewed as a process than a "big move" thing.

You might find you prefer one Central American country more than another, that you want to go back to the "bad" country one or two months every year or every six months.

Where you want to live need not be a total "either/or" decision.

You're (hopefully) not imprisoned in the country you move to, your needs and opinions may change.

For me as I aged past 55 the quality of women I could attract in the Philippines surpassed what seemed available in Ukraine. So I moved again.

And of course, now I'm in Brazil ;-)

I'm genuinely curious, do none of you guys have family you are close to and care deeply about?

Part of me wants to move away, as I've mentioned elsewhere, but I could never do it in practice, as I am close to my family, and it would kill them if I moved half a world away. We talk a lot here about building connections, community, and how much a problem this atomised world is - yet it seems many people's solution is wave goodbye to the family and just lookout for number one.

Quote: (11-21-2015 04:09 PM)Direct or subtle Wrote:  

For fear of "being shot going to the gym", you "dropped Buenos Aires and many parts of Argentina off our list"..??

Where have you been in Buenos Aires? in Fuerte Apache??

Seriously, where have you read that Argentina was dangerous?? it's almost as safe as Chile or Uruguay. Who has ever heard of a first-World tourist killed in Argentina, during this year 2015?

Fair point as I never have been to Buenos Aires. The subject came up regularly in my discussions over in the AllChile forum, the consensus there is that Argentina is not in good shape and that their economy is blowing up. Also then there's this:

https://www.osac.gov/pages/ContentReport...?cid=15693

I know it's a DOS report but I wouldn't dismiss it just because of that.

– Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

^^ I have never been to Russia. But I might be joining the 1% soon so If I can afford to live in the rich areas I figure I can bang Russian broads to my heart's content. With money and quality poon I can be happy most anywhere, but I really like the Slavic look.

latin America is way too violent for me. Ive seen people who live in Colombia say shit like 'well Ive been robbed 3 times but I still love it here!'. and all this shit about getting in the wrong taxi can lead to your death, changing your daily routine so you don't get jumped, it's ridiculous.

I would consider Brazil but it seems the violence there is even worse. But this is all speculation on my part. If my financial windfall comes through Id be able to switch countries a couple times if I wanted. Im just saying I really like Russian girls. Plus, I like snow and wintertime. I don't need sunshine to be happy. I never understood how many people seem to need sunny and hot weather all the time.