rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Never let your guard down

...specially when saying "fuck off" to a bigger dude

Not thread worthy
Would never stand with my hands behind my back toward any aggressor
I like turtles

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Though we do need a "Street Fights/Knockouts" thread.

I could have swore we had one, but I can't find it now.

Maybe he thought he was on a soccer pitch and his hands behind his back were going to save him from a yellow card.

I think the biggest pieces of shit walking around today are people standing with their phone out waiting for something like this to happen. From the giggle and snark I think in this case it was a woman.
I am so glad my younger years were internet and smartphone free. We lived and learned without this bullshit attention whoring.

Quote: (11-21-2015 11:14 AM)Goldhawkstar Wrote:  

Though we do need a "Street Fights/Knockouts" thread.

I could have swore we had one, but I can't find it now.

I foresee many links from WorldStarHipHop in this thread

I'm glad in this case because the bearded kid was probably some hipster SJW. In any other case, if you get clocked like that, you track the dude down for some revenge.

I guess I am a dickhead, but watching the video the bearded kid was probably some young hipster, I'm so cool kid. The bigger guy had seen stuff in his life and seemed to be trying to have a reasonable conversation. Especially, when it sounds like the beard came over and started talking to the bigger guy.

The beard seems to be a millennial with the amused look on his face while talking, and because he has no perspective on life, decided to mouth off.

For the mma and boxer pros, did the big guy get all his hips into the punch? Didn't look like he sat on it either.

But, at the end of the day, don't hit people, so the big guy was wrong. Especially since the kid didn't look like much of a physical threat. But I bet the kid learned a big lesson on situational awareness, watching his mouth, and that he isn't as cool as he thinks he is.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Damn that was a good punch! Was that in Austin, Texas?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Guy must've thought he was LittleDark.

Quote: (11-21-2015 12:21 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

I guess I am a dickhead, but watching the video the bearded kid was probably some young hipster, I'm so cool kid. The bigger guy had seen stuff in his life and seemed to be trying to have a reasonable conversation. Especially, when it sounds like the beard came over and started talking to the bigger guy.

The beard seems to be a millennial with the amused look on his face while talking, and because he has no perspective on life, decided to mouth off.

For the mma and boxer pros, did the big guy get all his hips into the punch? Didn't look like he sat on it either.

But, at the end of the day, don't hit people, so the big guy was wrong. Especially since the kid didn't look like much of a physical threat. But I bet the kid learned a big lesson on situational awareness, watching his mouth, and that he isn't as cool as he thinks he is.

Right. And when that little hipster fag gets his skull split from falling backwards onto concrete, you'll get locked up and you'll regret it.

I avoid anything like that, especially if I have a piece on me. Ain't worth it.

After watching that video, the hipster kid who got punched deserved it. The whole uptick on the "Fuck off" grated me so much. I wanted to punch him too.

Hand down, man down.

Quote: (11-21-2015 12:21 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

I don't know if bearded kid was smug, stupid, high or all three? Who stands there with their hands behind their back while someone else uses their arm to measure you into perfect punching distance.

If you are going to stand around doing your best asshole Robert Downey jr. impression step back out of range or step inside range so the other dude has to step back to execute a full power straight.

However, if the punchee is an asshole hipster as we are guessing I can only assume that he will be pressing charges against the puncher.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Marc MacYoung from No Nonsense Self Defense has some good quotes about "pre attack indicators" that fit this video:

Quote:Quote:

People are always asking me about pre-attack indicators. How do you know when you're about to be attacked? How do you tell the difference between threat displays and pre-assault indicators? What do your look for?

Here is the #1 pre-attack indicator: YOU'RE BEING AN ASSHOLE!

It's hard to make out exactly what is going on here. Did the hipster dude or one of his friends stare at the big guy's girl? Or did somebody bump somebody? I can't make it out. Body language on the puncher, even when he is saying there is no problem is that he is ready to go. The hipster seems to feel no fear here, and has no clue that the big guy is deciding whether or not to hit him. He is just saying any old thing he wants.

More from MacYoung:

Instructions
Let's start with something I noticed back in the day when screwing up meant I'd be spitting blood. It's something that just whizzes past most people's self-awareness; not only in application, but in training, too. That is to say it's a bit of 'situational awareness' that is NOT in most training.

That is: An overwhelming majority of violence comes with instructions on how to avoid it.

This isn't in some kind of obscure coded lingo. The directions are pretty straightforward and understandable. This applies to both social and asocial violence.

Someone who says, "Shut up or I'll kick your ass'" is giving you instructions on how NOT to be assaulted.

He is not, I repeat NOT, asking you to comment about his testicles on his mother's chin. Nor is someone who tells you, "You better leave" interested in hearing a dissertation on your right to be there or you questioning him about who he thinks he is to tell you to leave -- or, of course, his sexual practices with his mother.

To apply this insight, when the big guy says, "I told you, there is no problem, I'm going to go over there with my chick. Keep it moving," he is really saying, leave us alone, and I won't knock you out.

The hipster disrespects him by ignoring his meaning, thinking they are having a discussion, and debating who walked over to who, etc. The big guy clearly states the problem is that the hipster walked up to him "all buck-like," meaning that he initiated the disrespect.

When the hipster says, "Fuck off," he is using it as an expression, not literally telling the other guy to fuck off. He is saying it like they are friends, and has no idea that the other guy has been warning him that he is about to get hit.

For the puncher, it is the final straw, and he takes it literally. Fuck off. The final straw. Blasts him.

MacYoung would say the hipster is being just as aggressive as the other guy, only in a lame and passive aggressive hipster way, and that's why he got hit. No sense of how the person he was talking to was taking what he was saying. Secure in his own right to say what he thought, and however he felt like saying it, with zero thoughts that he might be talking to someone who interpreted things differently. His ego wasn't letting him hear and see what was right in front of him. He was protecting his own personal sense of status and importance, like he always does.

MacYoung:

It doesn't hear the instructions on how to avoid violence as ... well ... instructions on how to avoid violence. It hears them as a challenge and threat to its status, self-esteem and as allowing him-or-herself to be bullied by an asshole. It tries to return the favor by engaging in the SAME behavior.

Full article here:

http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/preattack.html

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

There's a reason that they call them "fighting words", don't let your mouth write a cheque that your ass can't cash like this hipster dork in the video.

Quote: (11-21-2015 12:59 PM)philosophical_recovery Wrote:  

Right. And when that little hipster fag gets his skull split from falling backwards onto concrete, you'll get locked up and you'll regret it.

I think guys here just need to develop the punch and grab. After you knocked the guy out, grab him before he hits the ground. Therefore, you are a true gentlemen.

debeguiled, that was a good post and break down. Also, there were a couple of words that I wasn't catching and you cleared it up.

I wonder if the hipster's report to the cops was, I got hit by a truck, didn't get the license plate number.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

No doubt they both had been drinking too much. #1 reason why people say and do shit they normally wouldn't and respond in ways they normally wouldn't.

Not to derail the thread, but this video is just a small example of the what I call the violence/civility paradox. Conventional wisdom states that a less violent society is a more civil society. While I think most people agree to this, I would argue that there's a point where too little tolerance for violence results in people being more uncivilized. This guy in the video, and a lot of the social justice crowd to a much greater extent, exemplify this point. Liberated from violent consequences, they feel empowered to say and do whatever they want, psychologically tormenting and provoking whomever they disagree with, without regard for other people's perceptions and psychological points of origin (so much for tolerance). The guy in the video feels rather comfortable talking to the guy in a very condescendingly smug manner, not to mention telling him to fuck off, which, as scotian says, is fighting words. Behavioral restraint is just as much an element of civility as physical restraint. People with an intimate understanding of violence are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet (the crowds at local MMA events are some of the most polite people I've ever met). The guy on the delivering side of that punch was clearly trying to defuse the situation whereas the other guy kept prodding at him.

For all hoopla these social justice hipsters talk about the abuses of power by the strong and rich, quite a few seem more than willing to participate in abuses of their own when they're given a smidgen of power. Some of the people claiming to detest authority and revere anarchy would be some of the most ruthless tyrants if empowered to do so.

Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

Quote: (11-21-2015 01:52 PM)Onto Wrote:  

No doubt they both had been drinking too much. #1 reason why people say and do shit they normally wouldn't and respond in ways they normally wouldn't.

If you removed drugs and alcohol from the numbers, violent crime would be almost non-existent (at least in America).

Red shirt needs to lift his jeans up or wear a belt.

Quote: (11-21-2015 02:00 PM)nek Wrote:  

Not to derail the thread, but this video is just a small example of the what I call the violence/civility paradox. Conventional wisdom states that a less violent society is a more civil society. While I think most people agree to this, I would argue that there's a point where too little tolerance for violence results in people being more uncivilized. This guy in the video, and a lot of the social justice crowd to a much greater extent, exemplify this point. Liberated from violent consequences, they feel empowered to say and do whatever they want, psychologically tormenting and provoking whomever they disagree with, without regard for other people's perceptions and psychological points of origin (so much for tolerance). The guy in the video feels rather comfortable talking to the guy in a very condescendingly smug manner, not to mention telling him to fuck off, which, as scotian says, is fighting words. Behavioral restraint is just as much an element of civility as physical restraint. People with an intimate understanding of violence are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet (the crowds at local MMA events are some of the most polite people I've ever met). The guy on the delivering side of that punch was clearly trying to defuse the situation whereas the other guy kept prodding at him.

For all hoopla these social justice hipsters talk about the abuses of power by the strong and rich, quite a few seem more than willing to participate in abuses of their own when they're given a smidgen of power. Some of the people claiming to detest authority and revere anarchy would be some of the most ruthless tyrants if empowered to do so.

I feel much more comfortable socializing with people at bars and clubs in Colombia than I do in the industrial cities in Canada I spend half the time working in for the exact reason that you mentioned.

Here's a great article called Never Trust Anyone Who Hasn’t Been Punched in the Face, its thread worthy as a social commentary article: The cause of civilizational decline is dirt-simple: lack of contact with objective reality.

A man who has been in a fight or played violent sports has experienced more of life and manhood than a man who hasn’t. Fisticuffs, wrestling matches, knife fights, violent sport, duels with baseball bats, facing down guns, or getting crushed in the football field—men who have had these experiences are different from men who have not. Men who have trained for or experienced such encounters know about bravery and mental fortitude from firsthand experience. Men who have been tested physically know that inequality is a physical fact. Men who know how to deal out violence know that radical feminism’s tenets—that women and men are equal—are a lie. We know that women are not the same as men: not physically, mentally, or in terms of moral character.

Link:http://takimag.com/article/never_trust_anyone_who_hasnt_been_punched_in_the_face#axzz3s9dYRaAa

Waking up in the hospital is a great way to learn that not everyone appreciates irony.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Quote: (11-21-2015 02:16 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Quote: (11-21-2015 02:00 PM)nek Wrote:  

I feel much more comfortable socializing with people at bars and clubs in Colombia than I do in the industrial cities in Canada I spend half the time working in for the exact reason that you mentioned.

Here's a great article called Never Trust Anyone Who Hasn’t Been Punched in the Face, its thread worthy as a social commentary article: The cause of civilizational decline is dirt-simple: lack of contact with objective reality.

A man who has been in a fight or played violent sports has experienced more of life and manhood than a man who hasn’t. Fisticuffs, wrestling matches, knife fights, violent sport, duels with baseball bats, facing down guns, or getting crushed in the football field—men who have had these experiences are different from men who have not. Men who have trained for or experienced such encounters know about bravery and mental fortitude from firsthand experience. Men who have been tested physically know that inequality is a physical fact. Men who know how to deal out violence know that radical feminism’s tenets—that women and men are equal—are a lie. We know that women are not the same as men: not physically, mentally, or in terms of moral character.

Link:http://takimag.com/article/never_trust_anyone_who_hasnt_been_punched_in_the_face#axzz3s9dYRaAa

Haha, I only have 3 websites bookmarked as favorites, and this is one of them. Another related one, google "Jack Donovan, Violence is Golden".

Quote: (11-21-2015 12:43 PM)Moma Wrote:  

It wasn't a punch it was an elbow, which only makes it that much more brutal of a knock out. If I had to guess the guy in red shirt probably trained some Muay Thai or MMA. If you look at the two, he's already in a fighting stance with his left foot forward, while the hipster is standing in a neutral position with his hands behind his back, (probably one of the worst positions you can be in for a street fight). That said I don't think he deserved to be attacked like that regardless of whether he was being a douche and telling the guy "fuck you."

Quote: (11-21-2015 02:25 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Quote: (11-21-2015 12:43 PM)Moma Wrote:  

It wasn't a punch it was an elbow, which only makes it that much more brutal of a knock out. If I had to guess the guy in red shirt probably trained some Muay Thai or MMA. If you look at the two, he's already in a fighting stance with his left foot forward, while the hipster is standing in a neutral position with his hands behind his back, (probably one of the worst positions you can be in for a street fight). That said I don't think he deserved to be attacked like that regardless of whether he was being a douche and telling the guy "fuck you."

I agree that being hit that hard was too much, but it goes to show that younger people are becoming increasingly detached from reality. It's like that old saying, "might makes right", fairness has nothing to do with it. It's this same idea that's behind warning people not to go to bad areas. Ultimately, going to a bad area doesn't mean you deserve to get robbed or assaulted, but you got to understand that morality is a luxury, and there's certain self-preservation measures that one should take. Some people talk to people like this guy in the video trying to be edgy, not mindful of the fact that there is actually an edge to go over.