rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Alabama police: Boy, 8, beats 1-year-old to death while moms out clubbing

http://www.click2houston.com/news/alabam...g/36381470

Quote:Quote:

An 8-year-old boy has been charged with murder in the beating death of a 1-year-old girl while their mothers went out clubbing, Birmingham, Alabama, police said.

The girl's mom, Katerra Lewis, has been charged with manslaughter in the case.

"The sad part is you had an adult mother here who had the audacity to leave her 1-year-old in the custody of several other children at the house and none of those kids were over the age of 8," Lt. Sean Edwards said at a Tuesday news conference covered by CNN affiliate WBRC.

"It is believed while the mother and friend were at the club; the 8 year old viciously attacked the 1 year old because the 1 year old would not stop crying," a police statement said. "The 1 year old suffered from severe head trauma as well as major internal organ damage which ultimately lead to her death."

Out for the night

According to police, Lewis and her friend left their kids alone around 11 p.m. on October 10 to go to a club. At least five children were left alone, none older than 8.

When the women returned around 2 a.m., they didn't check on the children.

Lewis found her baby unresponsive in her crib hours later and called authorities, police said. The Jefferson County Coroner ruled the death a homicide.

The 8-year-old is in the custody of the state Department of Human Resources.

Edwards said the Birmingham Police Department has never charged someone so young with murder before.

For the infant's mother, the cost could go well beyond any possible sentence if convicted of manslaughter.

"I think her punishment is going to be something she'll have to live with the rest of her life, her actions that night, choosing the club over taking care of her 1-year-old," Edwards said.

Tough news. I know this forum can be harsh and I am one of them when it comes to mocking stupidity. But a one year old dying is just not easy to digest.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Quote:Quote:

An 8-year-old boy has been charged with murder in the beating death of a 1-year-old girl while their mothers went out clubbing, Birmingham, Alabama, police said.

She'll go down for something, although I really don't know if it will be a charge as serious as murder or manslaughter. I really don't know how much uglier you can be than that lady. If you choose to google her to see a picture, don't say I didn't warn you.

I think she might get a harsher sentence since she is ugly. But will still get a pussy pass to a degree. The 8 year old seems like he needed constant supervision which is mother obviously didn't give.

Quote: (11-11-2015 05:00 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

She'll go down for something, although I really don't know if it will be a charge as serious as murder or manslaughter. I really don't know how much uglier you can be than that lady. If you choose to google her to see a picture, don't say I didn't warn you.

Isn't negligence causing death regarded as manslaughter?

As time goes by these stories get worse and worse, what a sad generation we live in.

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

Quote: (11-11-2015 05:05 PM)Horus Wrote:  

Yes, it can be. However that's not usually the case when it's a third party causing the death. Seeing that the mother is legally responsible for a child's actions though, it's feasible.

Americans are dreamers too

I would like to use this moment to remind everyone that single mothers are heroes and fathers are mean evil patriarchs.

Do you think Lt. Edward's comment, "I think her punishment is something she has to live with her entire life?" is white knighting, or not?

I'm not sure. But it strikes me as white knighting.

Quote: (11-11-2015 05:06 PM)GlobalMan Wrote:  

Yes, it can be. However that's not usually the case when it's a third party causing the death

In many places, gross negligence can be enough to convict a person of manslaughter, under an involuntary manslaughter theory. The concept of involuntary manslaughter does not exist in New Jersey, but it exists in many other places. Murder, under a depraved heart theory, requires more than gross negligence, specifically a wanton and reckless disregard for the life of another. Where I am, regular negligence can only support a conviction for manslaughter when the Defendant is operating a motor vehicle and is under the influence of alcohol.

The mother:

[Image: Katerra-Lewis-jpg-jpg.jpg]

That's a woman?!!!

I'm one of the luckiest man alive, nothing in my life has been easy...

Quote: (11-11-2015 05:11 PM)MMX2010 Wrote:  

Do you think Lt. Edward's comment, "I think her punishment is something she has to live with her entire life?" is white knighting, or not?

I caught that quote also, I think so. Dumb bitch went clubbing and thought it was cool to leave kids unattended. She should be punished.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Quote: (11-11-2015 05:12 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Yes, it can be. However that's not usually the case when it's a third party causing the death

In many places, gross negligence can be enough to convict a person of manslaughter, under an involuntary manslaughter theory. The concept of involuntary manslaughter does not exist in New Jersey, but it exists in many other places. Murder, under a depraved heart theory, requires more than gross negligence, specifically a wanton and reckless disregard for the life of another. Where I am, regular negligence can only support a conviction for manslaughter when the Defendant is operating a motor vehicle and is under the influence of alcohol.

It's feasible. I think it would be difficult though. In those cases it is a persons negligence that directly caused the death of another, in this case it would have to be established that negligence caused the child to commit murder, I think that would be a difficult case to prove. If we were talking about a parent leaving a gun accessible and the child ended up killing someone, that is clear negligence. But in this case the child beat the baby the death, with clear intent on his own. I don't think there's any way to charge the parent with manslaughter in this case. Negligence of some kind though.

I don't know who I'm more disgusted at: the woman, or the guy who thought she was attractive enough to bang, let alone impregnate.

Quote: (11-11-2015 05:41 PM)GlobalMan Wrote:  

It's feasible. I think it would be difficult though. In those cases it is a persons negligence that directly caused the death of another, in this case it would have to be established that negligence caused the child to commit murder, I think that would be a difficult case to prove.

I agree. That's why I said I don't know if she will go down for something like murder or manslaughter. Something along the lines of reckless endangerment is more what I'm thinking.

Quote: (11-11-2015 05:44 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Quote: (11-11-2015 05:41 PM)GlobalMan Wrote:  

It's feasible. I think it would be difficult though. In those cases it is a persons negligence that directly caused the death of another, in this case it would have to be established that negligence caused the child to commit murder, I think that would be a difficult case to prove.

I agree. That's why I said I don't know if she will go down for something like murder or manslaughter. Something along the lines of reckless endangerment is more what I'm thinking.

Reckless endangerment seems appropriate I'd say.

Sad story, but the outcome is likely a net benefit for the rest of society--to the extent that single mothers, especially those that find it appropriate to abandon their children to go clubbing, will tend to be lower in IQ, conscientiousness, and impulse control (and their choice[s] of their offsprings' father[s], as well). Their offspring inherit this battery of traits--albeit with some regression to the mean.

The mother will now be unable to, or at least less able to, have more children. In addition, there is now one fewer said offspring of hers around.

Whoops, I mean the real tragedy here is that we lack government-provided babysitting available on demand, oppressing the right of single mothers to go clubbing and potentially get knocked up with more future rocket scientists and number theorists.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

What do you do with the 8 year old now?

That's young, but an 8 year old that beats an infant to death is fucked in the head and not someone I want to see grow up as an adult. I'm sure I was no angel at 8, and I was never left alone with a 1 year old, but I was left alone with puppies and kittens, and I sure as fuck never killed one.

I don't have kids of my own, so maybe I'm wrong, but I think an 8 year old that murders an infant is probably going to end up doing some Macaulay Culken in The Good Son type of shit as he/she gets older.

I guess when the mother was out clubbing, someone clubbed her with an ugly stick.

What kind of a man is thirsty enough to reproduce with that ?

Quote: (11-11-2015 05:33 PM)Aquiles_Baesta_Parada Wrote:  

The mother:

That's a woman?!!!

Quote: (11-11-2015 07:14 PM)BortimusPrime Wrote:  

I guess when the mother was out clubbing, someone clubbed her with an ugly stick.

[Image: laugh6.gif]

Quote:Darkwing Buck Wrote:  
A 5 in your bed is worth more than a 9 in your head.

Quote: (11-11-2015 05:33 PM)Aquiles_Baesta_Parada Wrote:  

The mother:

That's a woman?!!!

[Image: image19.jpg]

Quote: (11-11-2015 05:38 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

Quote: (11-11-2015 05:11 PM)MMX2010 Wrote:  

I caught that quote also, I think so. Dumb bitch went clubbing and thought it was cool to leave kids unattended. She should be punished.

Harshly.

“….and we will win, and you will win, and we will keep on winning, and eventually you will say… we can’t take all of this winning, …please Mr. Trump …and I will say, NO, we will win, and we will keep on winning”.

- President Donald J. Trump

What happened to the days when older siblings were the secondary guardians of their younger brothers and sisters and would defend them from external threats?

I'll tell you, back in the days when a family meant something and a father was respected.

Feminism has destroyed the nuclear family, and our society infantalizes the youth. See our harvest of sorrow.

Its because he doesn't have a father or a father-figure to look up to.

Children have weak superegos (i.e. weak consciences). Successful, well-adjusted, civilized adults almost always have had strong parents. Without a strong superego, we are subject to the whims of our animal instincts, operating on emotion (i.e. chemical changes in the brain) and not on logic or rationality.

This is a case of a single mother who was too busy working and clubbing (I doubt this is her first time) who herself does not have a strong notion of self-control. The kid's father was never in his life, meaning that he was never disciplined for anything besides annoying his mom. No discipline means no self-restraint, and no self-restraint means he's going to do whatever he 'feels like'.

This is the same reason why 'daddy's princess' turns into the biggest party-girl/slut when she leaves for college. Her father never disciplined her, only because she has a vagina. So she does whatever she 'feels like'.

If you ever visit any young nephews or nieces, try and notice why each parent disciplines the child. The mother will almost invariably discipline the child only if the child annoys, inconveniences, or embarrasses her. The father will discipline the child for behaving in a socially inappropriate or improper manner.

Quote: (11-11-2015 06:57 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

What do you do with the 8 year old now?

That's young, but an 8 year old that beats an infant to death is fucked in the head and not someone I want to see grow up as an adult. I'm sure I was no angel at 8, and I was never left alone with a 1 year old, but I was left alone with puppies and kittens, and I sure as fuck never killed one.

I don't have kids of my own, so maybe I'm wrong, but I think an 8 year old that murders an infant is probably going to end up doing some Macaulay Culken in The Good Son type of shit as he/she gets older.