rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Super rich Indian Brit kills himself after business fails

This is something you don't read about or hear everyday. Son of a super wealthy magnate, one of the richest people in the world, kills himself after business starts failing. He was only 45. He also married an attractive blonde. IRT would be proud.

Quote:Quote:

[Image: 2E3F521F00000578-0-image-a-61_1447019381176.jpg]

The son of a billionaire steel magnate died in a fall from his penthouse home yesterday as his company teeters on the brink of collapse.

Angad Paul, 45, suffered catastrophic injuries after plummeting from the eight-storey property in central London.

The tragedy comes as administrators battle to save the business founded by his father Lord Paul, 84 – one of the country's richest men.

The company, Caparo Plc, has been torpedoed by the collapse in steel prices and was forced into administration weeks ago with the loss of 450 jobs across the UK and another 1,200 in the balance.

Emergency services raced to a building beside his home in Portland Place, Marylebone, yesterday morning after father-of-two Mr Paul was seen lying on the roof.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said there were no suspicious circumstances and officers are preparing a file for the coroner.

High-profile chief executive Mr Paul, who married 40-year-old lawyer Michelle Bonn in 2005, shares the property with his parents, Lord and Lady Paul, and his 57-year-old twin brothers Ambar and Akash.

His sister Ambika died of leukaemia shortly after his parents travelled to England from India in the 1960s to seek medical treatment.

[Image: 2E3F584100000578-3309555-Business_dynast...136727.jpg]

Last night, close friends paid their respects as news of the sudden tragedy spread. One said it was a further blow to Lord Paul, adding: 'It is hard, a son is a son.'

The Caparo Group is one of Britain's leading companies and includes interests from car component manufacture to hotels and hospitality. But the international conglomerate has suffered as the fortunes of British steel nosedived following the recession and 16 of the 20 businesses under its wing have now been taken into administration. Job losses followed at factories across the UK and all websites associated with Caparo have been suspended.

Administrators are considering whether a series of ill-fated ventures in supercars, film and design led by Mr Paul contributed to the collapse.

He spearheaded an attempt to create the world's fastest road-legal supercar, the £800,000 Caparo T1 and was an executive producer on a string of films including Guy Ritchie's gangster hit Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

[Image: angad-paul-with-his-wife-michelle-bonn-p...BWDMJ8.jpg]

Mr Paul also teamed up with Stella McCartney's husband Alasdhair Willis to form upmarket furniture brand Established & Sons.

In an interview in 2010, the businessman – who was handed the reins of the family group in 1996 – said his work was 'never over', adding: 'You have to be your own harshest critic.' He once spent time living with an Amazonian tribe, learning about how they exchanged ideas.

His father Lord Paul, who has donated around £500,000 to Labour and counts Gordon Brown as a close friend, is reportedly the 47th wealthiest person in Britain with an estimated wealth of £2.2billion.

Moving to Britain in 1966, he founded Caparo group with a £5,000 bank loan and was made a peer in 1996, sitting as an independent since 2010.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z3qz0rwe9z

She might be an OK looking blonde, but the body language in that pic says it all. Poor bugger, even with money like that he couldn't buy love.

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...

Every IRT's dream, minus the ending.

The elder Paul is the more interesting character since it seems all the work in building the company was done by the time the son came around. Compared to Donald Trump recovering and grinding out multiple comebacks from bankruptcy, and to the determination of his own father, this guy gave up pretty fast. Make a solid effort at buying up a company in another industry, or starting one yourself. It's just... spitting in the face of your parents and your own kids to insta-quit like that. I find it hard to believe everything was fucked beyond all possibility of redemption - he's got no strings to pull whatsoever? His dad is still alive and has a seat in the House of Whatever.

I wonder if this will have wider ramifications... Imagine if Microsoft or Intel were broken. This is the steel industry so it's obviously not the same thing, but I wonder if this will be a reminder of mortality to the others in the billionaire class? Will they be disturbed and think about this in their quiet moments?

Was this guy ever internally free? Or was his whole life bought and controlled by his parents? Those pics give an idea that even his wife was bought to him by his parents. It must suck to have everything handed on a plate. A man must fight his own battles to feel life.

After running the family empire for close to 20 years and dealing with the pressures of that, surely he would have to be mentally stable to last that long.

Why didn't he give up or end it sooner if he was carrying the idea of suicide upon failure as the way to go. I would say there were personal life troubles that pushed him over rather than business failure. His wife does appear to have somewhat repulsed body language.

Every time I see a minority dude dating a white (specially blonde) girl here, ''y'all'' act like he won the lottery and then start hating. They were simply dating like any other couple, maybe she was dating him for money but do you understand that some white girls find minority dudes attractive?

By the way, do not assume that every hot girl out there is dating a guy that is on her level of beauty, most of these women are dating average dudes. Walk around a UK mall and you will see that all the time.

Quote: (11-09-2015 04:54 AM)pitt Wrote:  

Every time I see a minority dude dating a white (specially blonde) girl here, ''y'all'' act like he won the lottery and then start hating. They were simply dating like any other couple, maybe she was dating him for money but do you understand that some white girls find minority dudes attractive?

By the way, do not assume that every hot girl out there is dating a guy that is on her level of beauty, most of these women are dating average dudes. Walk around a UK mall and you will see that all the time.

Are you serious? It is pretty obvious she would not give him a second glance (except maybe of revulsion) if he was not one of the richest people in Britain. And I don't mean due to his race, let's start with the very first item on the list which is his height compared to hers.

Regarding attractive women and their level of beauty, many women who look attractive with makeup look utterly bland or horrendous without it. Honestly, had foundation (critical makeup item) never been invented humanity as a whole would be so much better off. We would probably be colonizing other worlds at this point.

I think the reason men commit suicide at a much higher rate than women is an emotion most people don't talk about anymore: pride. Men have it, women don't, at least not to the degree men do.

As time goes on, I'm wondering more and more if this emotion isn't misplaced, or given too much priority. The reason I say this, is that most things I had "pride" in at 25, didn't matter at all at 35 and sure as hell don't matter by 45.

Case in point: At 25 I got my ass DUMPED on New Year's Eve by a girl who was the sister of my friend. She didn't want a relationship, but said we could keep it casual. This was too much for me then, and it really hurt my pride.

Twenty years later, I see it completely different: I managed to lure my friend's 20-year-old little sister (a cheerleader, no less) into bed and keep her there for her entire fall semester. I now see it as a pretty damn solid move. So things got messed up at the end? Who cares! Things end when you're young. I got four months of non-stop sex with a hard 9. This is now a POINT of pride.

Moral: If you screw up, get dumped, or otherwise feel your pride has been hurt, odds are you might feel the opposite a decade down the road. This guy might have looked back at his successful run, not the failure at the end.

For details, consult the story of the rock band Badfinger. Two of the members killed themselves because they were ripped off -- a combination of pride and shame likely did them in. But...years later their estates earned millions upon millions of dollars when the song became a mega-hit for both Mariah Carey and Clay Aiken. They never lived to see the rewards, or awards, say to say.

I always think of owing the mob money when people "fall" off buildings.

Where is the attractive blonde?

All that money and nobody bothered telling the guy that failing lead to success ?

[Image: 900x900px-LL-907fb329_son-im-disappoint.jpeg]

Tell them too much, they wouldn't understand; tell them what they know, they would yawn.
They have to move up by responding to challenges, not too easy not too hard, until they paused at what they always think is the end of the road for all time instead of a momentary break in an endless upward spiral

Still scanning pics for an attractive blonde please someone help me find her

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

Quote: (11-09-2015 08:38 AM)Oz. Wrote:  

Still scanning pics for an attractive blonde please someone help me find her

Well, to be honest, in her early 20s she was probably a 7.5 but was too busy sleeping with men that were not obviously omega (if it was not for the money) back then.

Quote: (11-09-2015 08:00 AM)blck Wrote:  

All that money and nobody bothered telling the guy that failing lead to success ?

[Image: 900x900px-LL-907fb329_son-im-disappoint.jpeg]

Money made it worse. People give tips to underdogs, but not ugly foreigners whom they see as walking wallets. Certain kinds of rich people live in a bubble. For some rich people the bubble effect is so big they become leftists ore even scientologists.

Seems like part of it was hubris and this belief he had the gift. Yes, I understand the super rich need things to do, etc but some investments should not be made. Or at least follow the motto of don't invest more than you can afford to lose.

He was in the steel business. Should have focused on that considering it is a commodity. You can't really create demand. Either people want it or they don't (as long as your pricing is right). Not like it is an iPhone that creates demand even when people have perfectly acceptable phones.

In the first pic, look at the way she cuddles him and how he seems so happy like a fat kid who was told he didn't have to go to fat camp. Definitely, not in charge. It isn't a racist comment. Plenty of fuckers of all colors are like this guy except for the rich and dead part.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Quote: (11-09-2015 04:24 AM)roberto Wrote:  

She might be an OK looking blonde, but the body language in that pic says it all. Poor bugger, even with money like that he couldn't buy love.

Nah man, it's a public shot, many women, more so in the upper classes, are uncomfortable with public displays of affection.

Quote: (11-09-2015 05:53 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

I think the reason men commit suicide at a much higher rate than women is an emotion most people don't talk about anymore: pride. Men have it, women don't, at least not to the degree men do.

Men tend to keep shit in, it's eats them alive. I know of nine suicides now, they showed no signs at all, always a smile. The shame this Indian guy must have felt was too severe for him to bear. I'm guessing his shame lead to hopelessness that he had no way of understanding and therefore processing. Women process difficult emotions far better than men, basically they allow themselves to ball their eyes out. If you've ever sobbed with your whole body, you know how healthy this is and how it can save your life.

A couple of things from an Indian perspective:
  • In Indian culture the acheviements of the son are supposed to surpass those of the father. If the father is a billioniare, and the son has to surpass him in some way, what the fuck can he do?! A couple of rich Indians think "fuck it", live off the family money and just party.
  • Indians can be very "suicidal" - basically when the shit hits the fan, a lot of them would rather kill themselves rather than fight back. In India I saw a photo of a young man with a garland on it (this is done for deceased people), and I asked what happend - apparantly his parents had arranged for him to marry some girl, but he had a secret girlfriend. Rather than tell his parents the truth, he jumped in front of a train. Now how fucking lame is that?! That's nothing out of ordinary...
  • The son looks like a pussy and very "soft". I bet he had everything handed to him on a plate. I have relatives who are very wealthy, but I when I visit them, their kids are doing the the donkey work like serving food and drinks, helping out with the cooking etc - I think it keeps them grounded.
  • It's obvious the wife is not into him. The son is a clown, he should have married a woman from a rich Indian family and banged white women on the side.

She's not attractive and he's not an IRT; but this IS another race thread.

I've known a few Indian guys from very well off families, not billionaires but probably millionaires or close to it. Before I met them I thought that the strict and conservative Arab families could be a bit harsh but damn. Or some of the Asian, especially Korean families.

The parents basically controlled these guys lives in a very extreme way. I'm not just talking about helicopter parenting or even choosing schools or majors for them. It went beyond that. While I was obviously an outsider to it, it seemed really unhealthy. It wasn't just their dad either. There seemed to be a real matriarchal element to the family dynamic in these cases with the mother and grandmother not only keeping the son/grandson under their heel but also intentionally making them betas and really soft. It's kind of difficult to explain.

Either way, these guys talked at great length about how difficult it was and stressful. Add in the fact that they were expected to engage in a arranged marriage and also out do their doctor father and it wasn't surprising that some of these guys were on the verge of cracking.

While my parents aren't anywhere near that strict, they still have a controlling and conservative approach to parenting which I always rebelled against. My dad has 5 degrees and is a doctor, how can I surpass that? I can't imagine having to surpass a billionaire father.

It seems to be fairly common in many cultures that you only truly become a man when you have surpassed your fathers accomplishments, or at least equaled them.

Women these days think they can shop for a man like they shop for a purse or a pair of shoes. Sorry ladies. It doesn't work that way.

Women are like sandwiches. All men love sandwiches. That's a given. But sandwiches are only good when they're fresh. Nobody wants a day old sandwich. The bread is all soggy and the meat is spoiled.

-Parlay44 @ http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-35074.html

Quote: (11-09-2015 01:06 PM)WalterBlack Wrote:  

A couple of things from an Indian perspective:
  • In Indian culture the acheviements of the son are supposed to surpass those of the father. If the father is a billioniare, and the son has to surpass him in some way, what the fuck can he do?! A couple of rich Indians think "fuck it", live off the family money and just party.
  • Indians can be very "suicidal" - basically when the shit hits the fan, a lot of them would rather kill themselves rather than fight back. In India I saw a photo of a young man with a garland on it (this is done for deceased people), and I asked what happend - apparantly his parents had arranged for him to marry some girl, but he had a secret girlfriend. Rather than tell his parents the truth, he jumped in front of a train. Now how fucking lame is that?! That's nothing out of ordinary...
  • The son looks like a pussy and very "soft". I bet he had everything handed to him on a plate. I have relatives who are very wealthy, but I when I visit them, their kids are doing the the donkey work like serving food and drinks, helping out with the cooking etc - I think it keeps them grounded.
  • It's obvious the wife is not into him. The son is a clown, he should have married a woman from a rich Indian family and banged white women on the side.

It's good to see the reality of a situation completely and accurately summarized in a few sentences.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Quote:Quote:

The parents basically controlled these guys lives in a very extreme way. I'm not just talking about helicopter parenting or even choosing schools or majors for them. It went beyond that. While I was obviously an outsider to it, it seemed really unhealthy. It wasn't just their dad either. There seemed to be a real matriarchal element to the family dynamic in these cases with the mother and grandmother not only keeping the son/grandson under their heel but also intentionally making them betas and really soft. It's kind of difficult to explain.

Very very interesting!

Could there be a relationship between overly strict family upbringing and betadom?

Ever since early High School I've noticed that the kids with strict upbringings and/or helicopter parents were less social, less confident, had less experience with girls. The guys who had more freedom to do what they wanted might or might not have been fuck ups, but they were always the ones you'd classify as Alpha. Always had girls around, better social skills and more confident.

Let's extrapolate that to cultures. Strict cultures like in South Asia, Korea, Japan, China and my own country Ethiopia tend to produce betas. In America, the most beta guys are i know are either Asian kids or White guys with a middle/upper-middle class background aka most likely to have had helicopter parents.

In contrast, he biggest players i know with the most confidence are from countries like Jamaica. Jamaica has the highest rate of out of wedlock births in the world at 88% !! Coincidence that Jamaican guys are approach machines and very confident?

The reason for the beta behavior might not be nested in the strict upbringing per se but by the lack of daily decision making and personal choices as a child and teenager which are crucial to build your social skills and Emotional IQ(EQ?). Not enough reference experiences with peers of either sex besides academic work puts them in a bad spot.

With helicopter parents, your life is one big to do list. You basically relinquish all decision making to your parents and become a work horse. By the time you're an adult and are given some independence, you're basically like a chick that has just left it's nest among vultures.

The audacity of these helicopter parents .... you turn 18 and they don't want you to date so it won't interfere with your college studies. By the time you're 23 & get your first job, they ask " Why haven't you found a nice girl yet?". You can't make this shit up.

I thought Indian Brits were Alpha and completely opposite of the American Indian corn balls? This is what multiple members have said. This guy looked like an Indian version of Jon Lovitz in The Critic.

Quote: (11-09-2015 05:20 AM)Mother Russia Wrote:  

Regarding attractive women and their level of beauty, many women who look attractive with makeup look utterly bland or horrendous without it. Honestly, had foundation (critical makeup item) never been invented humanity as a whole would be so much better off. We would probably be colonizing other worlds at this point.

This is probably the most honest thing I've read

Quote: (11-10-2015 12:46 PM)Brian Shima Wrote:  

I thought Indian Brits were Alpha and completely opposite of the American Indian corn balls? This is what multiple members have said. This guy looked like an Indian version of Jon Lovitz in The Critic.

Having known dozens I would say they're a mixed bag. Many ballers, many betas, hard to really pigeon-hole them.

Quote: (03-05-2016 02:42 PM)SudoRoot Wrote:  
Fuck this shit, I peace out.

Quote: (11-10-2015 12:15 PM)Anabasis to Desta Wrote:  

Could there be a relationship between overly strict family upbringing and betadom?

Ever since early High School I've noticed that the kids with strict upbringings and/or helicopter parents were less social, less confident, had less experience with girls. The guys who had more freedom to do what they wanted might or might not have been fuck ups, but they were always the ones you'd classify as Alpha. Always had girls around, better social skills and more confident.

Let's extrapolate that to cultures. Strict cultures like in South Asia, Korea, Japan, China and my own country Ethiopia tend to produce betas. In America, the most beta guys are I know are either Asian kids or White guys with a middle/upper-middle class background aka most likely to have had helicopter parents.

In contrast, he biggest players i know with the most confidence are from countries like Jamaica. Jamaica has the highest rate of out of wedlock births in the world at 88% !! Coincidence that Jamaican guys are approach machines and very confident?

There's alphas and betas in all cultures - there's a perception in the US that Chinese people are pussies, and this is probably because the US got the nerds since the 1960s. The Chinese hardasses who would fuck you up if you looked at them the wrong way never make it to the US.

My cousin's son is US born and raised he's not a pussy at all. He drinks, smokes out, owns guns, goes shooting, does martial arts and he gets pussy. I wish there were more guys like him instead of the fucking nerds.

There are also Indian players who never make it to the US. A cousin of mine in India (now married) was a player, he's 6ft tall. I remember girls calling in India saying shit like," I've got an itch between my legs, and can you scratch it?” I remember one time going to a wedding and he didn't go - when I asked him why he said, “There’s a girl I've been talking to...her parents are going to the same wedding as you, so I'm going to go and bang her in her house"

Quote: (11-10-2015 12:46 PM)Brian Shima Wrote:  

Not everybody can be alpha…

A thing about the word “Indian”…in India there’s over 30 states, and hundreds of languages. There’s also lots of different religions. People from each state look different and have different mannerisms. Within each state, people from city act different to people from the villages. Also, people of each caste do shit differently too…

There are literally thousands of different types of Indian in India, so it’s hard to generalise. When I meet an Indian person from India the US, I speak them in English because that’s the only mutually intelligible langue between us.

Regarding UK Indians there’s two main kinds – Punjabis and Gujuratis. Punjabis tend to be on the taller side, more blue collar and tend to act more alpha, since they have shit going on with Muslims for 1000 years. Gujuratis in the UK tend to be white collar, shorter, darker and more violence averse since they were traders. Amongst South Asians in UK there’s a stereotype that Hindus are wimps – I think that’s because most Hindus in the UK are Gujurati.

Amongst Punjabis, the higher castes – Brahmins (priests) are considered pussies too, since traditionally they were more concerned with religion than anything else.

A lot of US Indians tend to be IT/engineering nerds from South India, and they are raised to be pussies by their parents. South Indians are on average darker and shorter. My extended family in the US (I’m Punjabi) roll with blacks and Mexicans most of the time so they act like them.