rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

White Privilege

White Privilege

Does "white privilege" really exist ?

White Privilege

Quote: (11-01-2015 08:00 PM)rishboy77 Wrote:  

Yes, next question.

WIA

White Privilege

It might still exist, but each year less and less around the world, because it is being replaced by "wealth privilege of any race".

Meaning, more and more, people look at your net worth before looking at your race...

White Privilege

Quote: (11-01-2015 08:04 PM)Going strong Wrote:  

It might still exist, but each year less and less around the world, because it is being replaced by "wealth privilege of any race".

Meaning, more and more, people look at your net worth before looking at your race...

So green privilege exists then. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

White Privilege

As a white guy in the Philippines I can say with confidence.. it exist.

In America.... maybe... maybe its just everyone elses excuses for their short comings in life. Cause there are members of all races have done well for themselves in life... they didn't just sit around and scream white privilege is holding me down. Even if not being white did hinder them at times it didn't stop them from pursuing and achieving greatness.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

White Privilege

Delete. I broke my own rule about commenting on race threads.

I need to stay out of the deep forum. The more shallow I am, the happier I am.

White Privilege

Yes.

When looking at how it effects peoples lives though, it shouldn't be applied like a bludgeon.

White Privilege

It exists to the extent that white people have an easier time on first impressions, especially with police officers. After 5 or so interactions with someone, your race isn't important.

Unless you're an IRT, then it always matters

White Privilege

Delete

White Privilege

The simple answer without delving into a heated race thread is that people will always associate with their own.

Everyone is racist, it's called nationalism. It's instinct to look after your own.

Is that privilege? Depends where you are located.

Modern diversity was created in the hellhole that is the university system. The ugly truth is that diversity doesn't work. I love the relationships I've made with friends and business contacts across the world. I truly do. But we aren't all going to move to the same city and pose for a university calendar.

The only privilege you need is an internet connection and an average IQ to browse these forums.

White Privilege

Quote: (11-02-2015 12:19 AM)Vanguard Wrote:  

Quote: (11-01-2015 08:57 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

They're not necessarily attracted to the aesthetic appearance of white skin. They're attracted to wealth and education, which they know is prevelant in Caucasian societies (Europe, North America).

I never said they were.... I just said it was a privilege to be white in the Phils

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

White Privilege

@vanguard
If South East Asia wasn't infatuated with white/light skin.
Why do they go through such great lengths to keep the dark skinned population behind closed doors?Any billboard you see in Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam ect..even Korea.. Has the whitest models they can find.
Why are skin whitening products so prevalent?

I am the cock carousel

White Privilege

White privilege is the result of white achievement and white innovation. It exists. If the blowhards that bitched about it spent 25% of their energy focused on anything in recent years, well, you'd see some pretty cool stuff.

Yes, we could dissect genetic disposition and all that but not sure thats necessary.

First mover advantage is probably more relevant. Lesson; keep moving.

White Privilege

Delete

White Privilege

^^^
The above was also true in the West, especially before the 20th century. (That's why the subjects of most old European paintings - usually royalty or religious - are depicted as pale).

Clever marketers in the 20th century then figured out that one way to sell otherwise useless tanning products to Westerners was to imply that a tan meant you could afford to take vacations to sunny places.

Of course, that marketing strategy doesn't work on people who have tans or can easily get them. So, just continue the implication that pale skin means you're rich (instead of tan skin), and voila, a market for otherwise useless skin-whitening products.

In both cases, it's about appearing rich, even though the desired skin color is more-or-less reversed.

White Privilege

'White privilege', even if it exists, is not something universal. That term is almost always used in the specific context of America (and it's not even justified there), though some people like to generalize it and think it's the same everywhere. I especially love the flawed logic of retarded SJWs who blame whites for slavery, racism and whatnot.

I come from a country that is literally more than 99% white and very nationally homogeneous. There is no special benefit in being white if you're surrounded with other whites - hobos and tycoons, uptight rich people and violent criminals, intellectuals and retards, plumbers and lawyers, they're all of the same race. People are the same everywhere, the only difference is that when you live in an extremely "homogeneous" community (in an ethnic or racial sense) you can't blame another group for oppressing you, so you just start making up your own little stereotypes and fight over equally meaningless shit. For an example, the greatest animosity is between leftist urbanized parts and conservative regions that traditionally vote right.

White privilege could perhaps only exist in multi-cultural, multi-racial socities, but even in that case it depends on the specific perception of ethnic groups. There might be places where whites are viewed as cultured, wealthy and desirable, but there's also places where they're perceived as creepy sex tourists. There's places where it's a lot cooler to be black or asian.

White Privilege

I can think of two relevant white privileges.

[Image: 2752ed890a2cebe182075c1075dbff4f40ae44b6...6cc8b7.png]

1. If you're white, every race wants to date you.
  2. As most people are white, it's much easier to make friends considering that people tend to stick with their own racial group which most often is white.
If you're born a certain race, people will not want to date you at all. It's possible to be priced out the dating market because of your race.

White Privilege

Sure, in similar ways that Male Privilege and Asian Privilege exist.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

White Privilege

Quote: (11-02-2015 10:06 PM)Kabal Wrote:  

Sure, in similar ways that Male Privilege and Asian Privilege exist.

I don't believe in male privilege. I think that females hold all the privilege.

White Privilege

Delete

White Privilege

Whites have an easier time in general, but "privilege" implies it's unearned.

White people have advantages because white ideas run the world, so it's not 'unearned'.

It's like saying black people have "black privilege" on the basketball court. No shit.

I'm 100% minority btw.

White Privilege

Asians in America have higher lifespans, lower likelihood of experiencing violence, higher education, and higher income than whites. If you say white privilege exists in America, than you must also concede that Asian privilege exists and supersedes white privilege.

White Privilege

Quote: (11-03-2015 01:24 AM)BillyTalented Wrote:  

Asians in America have higher lifespans, lower likelihood of experiencing violence, higher education, and higher income than whites. If you say white privilege exists in America, than you must also concede that Asian privilege exists and supersedes white privilege.

Gavin McInnes tackled this superbly. Nice satire to say that privilege isn't a guarantee in life.

http://takimag.com/article/tackling_asia...z3qPKcECoU

http://takimag.com/article/tackling_whit...z3qPKcECoU

White Privilege

Yes and no.

It really depends where you live in the world.

Here in South Africa, it is a bit of both.

If you are White, the odds of you born in to a middle class, decently well-off family are much higher.

If you are Black, those odds are greatly diminished.

Nonetheless, we have Affirmative Action for the majority (Blacks > Cape Coloreds > Indians) through various measures, the main one being Black Economic Empowerment.

That kinda 'diminishes' white privilege. The same way, a lot of whites, my father included, carry around white guilt.

It is a double-edged sword. People of colour in South Africa are the first to blame white privilege for the failings of a corrupt government, the inability of certain ingrained behaviours to be left behind and failure to assimilate into a capitalist society.

As for everywhere else I have visited or been, white privilege most definitely is a thing.

People need to differentiate between when

a) white privilege exists (a black person needs to work harder than a white person to get to the same place)

b) white privilege is a scapegoat (other factors are to be blamed for a person of colours' "lack of privilege" as opposed to colour itself) which is the case in South Africa, currently.

This was actually quite a big thing in the past few weeks, with the student protests. Having joined them, my understanding of their viewpoint is:

- White people are to blame, not the government. (lucky sperm?)
- Black people would not be able to vote, if it were not for the ANC therefore their inefficiency and corruption is forgiven.
- White privilege is the ability to be afforded certain networks (true all over the world, with Jews, Greeks, Ivy Leaguers etc. etc.)
- The commonly accepted notion of 'balancing' this out, is not education but affirmative action for the majority, based on quotas, not merit.

A White South African will sheepishly agree that white privilege is a thing in this country, usually out of guilt.

A Black South African will defiantly agree that white privilege is a thing, out of pure convinction and emotion.

Even the freeborns, post-1994 who had whites protesting beside them in the past month.

Finally, as a white male, I have applied for jobs, been outright rejected due to my colour. I have applied for house rentals to have the black head tenant email me and say 'we are not looking for people of your colour'.

You just accept it and move on, certain things are, certain things are not and a lot of it depends on your environment.

To answer your question?

Yes. White privilege exists.

Do I currently experience it in South Africa?

Only on certain, diminishing occasions.

White Privilege

Quote: (11-02-2015 12:19 AM)Vanguard Wrote:  

Quote: (11-01-2015 08:57 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

They're not necessarily attracted to the aesthetic appearance of white skin. They're attracted to wealth and education, which they know is prevelant in Caucasian societies (Europe, North America).

This isn't really in response to your post more so a continuation of the theme.

All women are attracted to wealth and education. Both are windows to status and lifestyle. It just so happens that a western male has proportionately higher wealth the moment they enter a lower socio economic nation such as Thailand.

You would experience the same 'pulling' power in wealthy western countries if you had a proportionately higher bank roll.

Outside of feminism, it really is a myth that women are infinitely different in poorer nations when it comes to selecting a partner. Biologically they are all the same. Biologically love [For women] is a high level of hypergamy. Western men just so happen to automatically achieve a higher social class the moment they enter poorer nations.