rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

WHO: Meat causes cancer, don't eat it.

http://wate.com/2015/10/26/who-processed...risky-too/

My conspiracy radar is up yet again. The world health organization has now said that if you eat a hot dog a day, your risk of colon cancer goes up 18 percent. This means it gets the same classification as smoking, where one cigarette a day increases your lung cancer risk by 600 percent.

First, who is eating a hot dog every day that isn't already obese and full of other health problems?

Second, they also went in a threw grilled red meat into the equation because of the combustion process creating carcinogens. What the fuck. If meat cooked on flame was deadly our population would have been wiped out by now.

I can't take such bullshit hysterical dietary advice that pushes everyone to eat fish and tofu. I don't think meat is the problem, I think its a diet where that meat takes weeks to move through your colon or just stays there.

This is just another brick in trying to turn people into pussies. Low iron, low protein, low animal fat diets.

Also, this thread should probably be in the health and fitness sub forum. Are any of the alternative health RVF members behind this and able to school me in the reality of this proclamation?

Last, the caution comes from the use of sodium nitrite(or trate?) in cured meats, which was something discovered only in the 1800s. There are non-nitrate cured meats available ( I can get no nitrate ham and bacon around here) ... you'll know the difference because no-nitrate meat is gray when cured, not pink/red.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Here's a better read in my opinion, this is if you're interested in the matter.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_China_Study

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

I have my suspicions as well that this is just a part of the demasculization of men. Meat eating and particularly red meat eating is one of the last remaining masculine habits. I am sure the WHO will tell us to eat soy and other foods that are high in estrogen.

It's bullshit. They didn't even mention that the risk is extremely slight even if you eat A HOT DOG A DAY. They called it just as cancerous as tobacco but they didn't essentially outline the marginal risks for each activity.

Of course the biggest cancer causing agent that they found were the nitrates but that's no surprise. That's why you should try to eat grass-fed, non-factory farmed meat.

Whatever the case, it's yet another trend towards turning people into low-T faggots, like you say.

Read my Latest at Return of Kings: 11 Lessons in Leadership from Julius Caesar
My Blog | Twitter

It's been known for some time that red meat does cause some health issues. Just eat it in moderation. I've always been one more for chicken, turkey, and fish. Lets be honest, that processed meat that they sell at your deli with all the salt added and such can't be good for you.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Processed meat is bad, which is obvious. Bacon and smoked meats are not healthy in large /frequent portions.

Fresh meat is different, its healthy and I will continue to eat it. Of course, grass fed and free range etc is better if its available and reasonably priced. Fish is good too and has its own benefits.

I don't get it, I've known this for 2 years now. It wasn't very main stream science but it's always been known that red meat is carcinogenic and even more so when cooked. I started having my steaks rare after discovering this (which worked out anyway cause I prefer them like this now). I dropped processed meats all together with the odd bits of bacon every now and again but that wasn't hard because i never liked them that much.

"This is just another brick in trying to turn people into pussies. Low iron, low protein, low animal fat diets."

Lol wut?

Chicken, pork, fish, turkey for sources of protein I've already given you 4 other fresh meat alternatives without even considering the variety in just saying fish.

You don't even need meat to achieve good sources of nutrients, I know plenty of amazing athletes who make it work being vegan or veggie. Look up Patrik Baboumian and tell me that guys a pussy.

Quote: (10-26-2015 06:13 PM)Oz. Wrote:  

Here is the problem though, and sort of my point. A vegetarian diet will give you long life, less disease and this physique

[Image: 2445633884_db313860d3.jpg]

versus the Brandon Lilly powerlifter diet

[Image: ca-u-powerlifter-01.jpg]

The government wants everyone to be on the china study diet for a reason, and its not our good health.

When I think "eat meat", I think "prepare your own meat meals from fresh raw meat". Why the fuck is everyone talking about cured and processed meat? Isn't it obvious that you shouldn't be eating those on the daily, but more like a rare treat

Quote: (10-26-2015 06:25 PM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

Here is the problem though, and sort of my point. A vegetarian diet will give you long life, less disease and this physique

versus the Brandon Lilly powerlifter diet

[Image: ca-u-powerlifter-01.jpg]

The government wants everyone to be on the china study diet for a reason, and its not our good health.

Do you seriously think an old Asian man versus this fat "power lifter" who looks 6 months pregnant is a good comparison?

I could easily put up a picture of lean Chinese martial artist comparing him with a typical fat slob on a standard western diet as a counter point.

Not entirely true either, Ricky Williams became a vegetarian before his 2005 season

[Image: Ricky%20Williams%20Dolphins%20dreads.jpg]

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

Quote: (10-26-2015 06:23 PM)NewMeta Wrote:  

I don't get it, I've known this for 2 years now. It wasn't very main stream science but it's always been known that red meat is carcinogenic and even more so when cooked. I started having my steaks rare after discovering this (which worked out anyway cause I prefer them like this now). I dropped processed meats all together with the odd bits of bacon every now and again but that wasn't hard because i never liked them that much.

"This is just another brick in trying to turn people into pussies. Low iron, low protein, low animal fat diets."

Lol wut?

Chicken, pork, fish, turkey for sources of protein I've already given you 4 other fresh meat alternatives without even considering the variety in just saying fish.

You don't even need meat to achieve good sources of nutrients, I know plenty of amazing athletes who make it work being vegan or veggie. Look up Patrik Baboumian and tell me that guys a pussy.

Babouian became a vegetarian in 2005 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrik_Baboumian and he is 36 years old. So...from age 0 to 26 he had no dietary restrictions.

By that same standard, Aaron Clark, currently 26/27 could declare himself a vegan today and we could be lead to believe that all of his gains were made on chick peas and tofu.
[Image: bio.jpg]

Be skeptical of Peta icons my friend.

Fuck it, you're going to die anyway.

Live a champion 60 years, instead of a feeble 80.

"Eat vegetarian, get to age 60 with no health problems and embrace 20 more years from there."

Weigh up what you sacrifice in the prime of your life, to what you gain by extending your feeble years.

This isn't a message that's going to dissuade me.

Quote: (10-26-2015 06:39 PM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

Lol wut?

Babouian became a vegetarian in 2005 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrik_Baboumian and he is 36 years old. So...from age 0 to 26 he had no dietary restrictions.

By that same standard, Aaron Clark, currently 26/27 could declare himself a vegan today and we could be lead to believe that all of his gains were made on chick peas and tofu.

And everything he accomplished was post veg diet, so your comparison isn't exactly the same thing. I'm simply making the point that not eating red meat does not make you any less of a man, you can still accomplish great athletic feats on these kinds of diets.

Quote: (10-26-2015 06:35 PM)ManAbout Wrote:  

Do you seriously think an old Asian man versus this fat "power lifter" who looks 6 months pregnant is a good comparison?

I could easily put up a picture of lean Chinese martial artist comparing him with a typical fat slob on a standard western diet as a counter point.

That 'power lifter' deadlifts 810 so I don't think he needs the quotes. Feel free to post a vegan martial artist that isn't a flyweight.

Also, the responses on this thread are as I expected...

[Image: 4415975-bring-it-on-o.gif]

A few things:

-- First, the evidence for this linkage is fairly weak. There is no one really convincing high-quality study that demonstrates it. They had to do a "meta-study" and put together various weak results to come to these conclusions. Maybe there is a linkage but I would not consider it definitive and it's nowhere near the same level of evidence as there is with cigarettes; the difference is a difference in kind.

-- Second, even assuming the linkage is there, the marginal risks we are talking about are quite small. To take a risk that is small to begin with and increase it by 18% (if we accept that number) is not to do very much at all.

The following quote gives a good idea of the orders of magnitude involved:

Quote:Quote:

The cancer agency noted research by the Global Burden of Disease Project suggesting that 34,000 cancer deaths per year worldwide are linked to diets heavy in processed meat. That compared with 1 million deaths a year linked to smoking, 600,000 a year to alcohol consumption and 200,000 a year to air pollution.

In other words, the deaths caused by the (tentative, not really proven) linkage to processed meats are a drop in the ocean compared to the risks from smoking, heavy drinking or air pollution (in third world countries).

-- Third, it is almost certainly the case that there are many lifestyle factors involving sleep, diet, exercise, etc that lead to increases or decreases in risk of the same (small) order of magnitude as the supposed risk from processed meats. Thus, it is more or less arbitrary
and therefore relatively meaningless to isolate this one possible risk factor and ignore a multitude of others (that might also interact with it). Again, that's not the case with something like smoking or heavy drinking, since we are talking about different orders of magnitude.

In short, while there is possibly some linkage that passes tests for statistical significance, it is not a significant risk in absolute terms, not particularly different from a multitude of other lifestyle factors, and nothing whatsoever like the extremely serious risks from something like cigarettes.

The coverage given to this announcement is another good example of a case where the headline says one thing, but the fine print (ie the actual content) amounts to something quite different. The research underlying this may not be completely worthless (though neither is it particularly definitive or of high quality); but the announcement and the headlines surrounding it are disproportionate to what that research actually says. Part of this is simply the usual hype to attract attention and generate clicks; and part of it does serve a more sinister eco-nihilist/green/anti-meat/anti-masculine agenda.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

To all of you posting jacked guys, protein is only necessary up to about 1g per pound of bodyweight, you don't need to be eating 400gs of it when you weigh 190lbs. The gains these guys are making can be attributed to one thing and one thing only:

[Image: 257664f8394c642d7e.jpg]

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

I wonder if they accounted for weight in this study as well?

Lizard had a good point there. A lot of people that gorge on processed meat are fat slobs (probably not strictly from the meat though). Whereas guys like us who go to the gym and eat meat probably have smaller risks still.

Read my Latest at Return of Kings: 11 Lessons in Leadership from Julius Caesar
My Blog | Twitter

Quote: (10-26-2015 06:47 PM)NewMeta Wrote:  

Quote: (10-26-2015 06:39 PM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

Lol wut?

And everything he accomplished was post veg diet, so your comparison isn't exactly the same thing.

He won the Junior German Body Building title in 1999. 6 years before going vegetarian...so yes, he had plenty of gains before becoming vegetarian.

My comparison isn't exactly the same thing because I don't have a controlled double blind study with Mr. Baboumian's meat eating twin.

All I'm saying is that Baboumian and Ricky Williams are presented as vegan/vegetarian athletes but its not like they were vegans through their peak of puberty...ie they were vegans from age 12. That is where I'd expect more 'old chinese farmer' with a long life span result.

I remember the Dali lama talking about diet before as well, he made correlations to respiration. Low calories, low stress, low exertion = long life. There is a tradeoff to that long life though.

Dupe thread: WHO Says Processed Meat is as Bad a Cigaretters for Cancer

(HT - Jack Donovan)

Let´s not derail this thread into a carnivore vs. vegetarian battle,
or a "the NWO wants to transform us into low T manginas" discussion.

All I can see in this article is yet another warning that too much processed food is not good for us. No shit. That´s something everyone on this forum most likely already knew.
Same goes for the fact that excessive consume of red meat is not good for us. Again, no shit.

As with all things in life:
Sola dosis facit venenum.
The dose makes the poison.

Everybody calm down.
Eat a balanced diet, composed of fresh and regional ingredients, if possible organic, and most importantly cook yourself or find some sweet girl to do it. No convenience and processed food. Et voilà, you´ll be fine.

Case in point:
I simply got the advice above from my mom. She´s a housewife (she actually went to housewife school back then when such a thing existed) and has been cooking lunch and dinner for me and my dad every day, for more than 30 years now.
Her rule: Four times a week poultry/fish with vegetable sides, two times vegetarian, one (sometimes two) time red meat with vegetable sides. Salad with simple oil and vinegar dressing to every meal.
My dad is the best looking 60 year old I´ve ever seen, so it can´t be too far off. And he´s not an office drone, he worked 40 years in a steel plant.

Bullshit,

Bitches been sucking dick for years and they didn't die afterwards.

Nope.

The anthropological record shows that humans for 200,000 years were tall, heavy, muscular and with larger brains than the average human today, peaking during the Cro-Magnon era 20,000 to 30,000 years ago. Bodies and brains shrank quickly and significantly after the introduction of agriculture, which led to a grain based diet, rather than the meat, fish, fruit, nut, tuber diet of the hunter gatherers. http://phys.org/news/2011-06-farming-bla...rains.html

Changing the human diet is part of the political agenda of control, along with psychiatric medications and the attack on masculinity. It's the diet version of the elites wanting to force everyone into public transport while they fly on private jets.

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Eating processed meat is an easy way to raise your testosterone levels.

Higher testosterone levels help you have more sex.

Sex reduces the risk of colon cancer.

Ergo, processed meats only cause colon cancer in losers.