rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Need some advice about EE trip next month

----------------------------------------

Wayyyy too many cities. You'll be spending so much of your time in transit or preparing to be in transit that you'll have no time to enjoy anything.

Pare the number down to three cities, absolute max.

HSLD

Yeah, way too many places dude. Also, what is the primary purpose of your trip, poontang, architecture, interesting cultural sights, combination of all of these??

If it's mostly about poontang, I would probably skip Prague

Detective Rust Cohle: "All the dick swagger you roll, you can't spot crazy pussy?"

I agree with the comments. I know very well the area, and you have to keep in mind that in Romania and the Balkans the trains and buses go really slow. For example, to get to Sarajevo from Belgrade it took with a minibus, last year, around 8 hours. Check also the route between Sarajevo and Ljubljana, because knowing the Balkans I think this trip can take you more that 10 hours!

So I will advise you to visit less cities. I think that is very important to know the primary purpose of your trip, because without this information is really difficult to help you.

Max 4 cities. Preferably 2.

But I know the urge of exploring as much as possible when you are going on your first trip.
There is nothing like the feeling of first time going on a trip. Embrace that!

With that said, you don't let us know what your primary mission is?
If your main goal is to meet girls and bang as many of them as possible, then stick to only two cities and research the hell out of those two cities.

If your main goal is to just travel and seeing the world for the sake of experience, then go to all the cities you wish, walk around and enjoy. You can always come back to your favourite cities later for a longer term.

Good luck, and since you started a new thread about this, be sure to check in here and report how things are going. Many guys are asking for advice about this and that and fellow members are helping out, but then the OP goes radio silence and never let us know how the trip was.

Don't be that guy.

To have an idea of how difficult is travelling in the Balkans (bad roads, mountains, unsatisfactory service of busses and trains, many border controls), you can see now how many hours I spent last year in my trip in buses and trains:

From Timisoara to Belgrade by train. 163km. 5 hours
Belgrade- Sarajevo by minibus. 295 km. 8 hours
Sarajevo- Mostar by train. 127 km. Almost 4 hours
Mostar- Split by bus. 169km. Almost 4 hours
Split- Belgrade by bus. 800 km. 13 hours

Trains in the Balkans are often crappy and slow. This is a good minubus service going between many cities

http://geatours.rs/index.htm

Give yourself an outline of where you want to go and what you want to see, but try and avoid making plans/reservations that you are tied to. If you think city X is a hellhole and want to get out early, leave. If you meet a fantastic girl in City Y and want to spend two weeks, do it. Its good to have an idea of where you want to go, but leave yourself some room to make changes in case you find a good reason.

I can relate, I might just jump to Budapest for 2 or 3 days while on my trip.

Just see what it is like.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

I think you will be fatigated by the amount of travel hours.
Funny note is that seems the quality of the girls will be lesser by each place you go. Of those cities I have been only in Kiev and Prague, and it is like going from heaven to hell. Have you tought instead of going to only capitals, to try some 2nd tier cities?

Kiev (1week) -Lviv (5days) - Reszow (2days) -Kosice (2days) - Debrecen(2 days) - Belgrad (1 week) - Sarajevo (4 days) - Ljublana (1 or 2 days)

This shortest route can give you a clear vision of what is Ukraine, Central/eastern Europe and the Balkans. And I believe more opportunities to get laid.

If you're going to Romania then go to Transylvania and see Bran Castle. It's a nice town. I'm not sure why you'd want to go to Bucharest for anything other than the women though.

Quote: (08-15-2015 11:54 AM)Dan Woolf Wrote:  

Quote: (08-15-2015 09:46 AM)Chaos Wrote:  

Max 4 cities. Preferably 2.

But I know the urge of exploring as much as possible when you are going on your first trip.
There is nothing like the feeling of first time going on a trip. Embrace that!

With that said, you don't let us know what your primary mission is?
If your main goal is to meet girls and bang as many of them as possible, then stick to only two cities and research the hell out of those two cities.

If your main goal is to just travel and seeing the world for the sake of experience, then go to all the cities you wish, walk around and enjoy. You can always come back to your favourite cities later for a longer term.

Good luck, and since you started a new thread about this, be sure to check in here and report how things are going. Many guys are asking for advice about this and that and fellow members are helping out, but then the OP goes radio silence and never let us know how the trip was.

Don't be that guy.

This is what I want. I need a break from my day-to-day life here and I've talked about traveling for so long without actually doing it. I want to see those cities/countries before they are completely ruined and also see, whether I'd like to move to one of those countries eventually or at least take a longer trip there.
I want to book a plane ticket to Ukraine and somehow end up in Prague. I want to get out of my comfort zone and have an adventure. I also need to get some creative writing done before I start in a new job in October.

It's not a bang mission per se, what happens, happens. But you guys are absolutely right, if I was going for a clear bang mission, staying at least two weeks in one city would be way more ideal. But it's more of an adventure type of trip. That's why I don't mind spending just 1-2 days in one city or using buses. It's my first trip abroad (I've seen the ports of Tallinn and Stockholm) and I don't want to come back home wondering "wish I'd gone to cities X and Z, too".

And I'll definitely post here after my trip, for sure.

Thanks for the advice, everyone. And you can still chime in for the next two weeks.

I am not sure what advice you are looking for. Seems like you want to see a bunch of places in a few weeks which is fine, but not the best itinerary if you are looking to get laid.

My suggestion is to read through the various travel threads by using the search function and plan your trip accordingly. Considering that you have provided little contribution here, hold off on starting threads that elicit information. Instead provide this community with information by trip reports and data sheets before you ask for personalized travel services.

I'm a big believer in doing very short scouting missions to get a gut feeling about a place before settling in for longer. No reason not to plan for just 3-4 days in each city if your goal is to gain a wider range of intel.

Is there a reason your itinerary is going west instead of east? Kiev will be the most difficult place as far as language barrier, logistics, feeling safe, and general confusion. Prague will be the easiest. Also, the women get more feminine as you go east.

Personally I would start this itinerary in Prague, and finish up in Kiev. Prague is the most westernized & tourist friendly place. Come Kiev, you'll have the most attractive, feminine women to look forward to at the end, and will be a more seasoned solo traveler by that time to prepare you for the madness in navigating Ukraine.

Quote: (08-16-2015 04:09 PM)Dan Woolf Wrote:  

Quick update: I'm thinking of dropping Budapest. Flights from here are dirt cheap so I could take a separate trip there later, possibly next summer, and spend a whole week. So if/when I drop Budapest, my route looks like this:

Kiev
Bucharest
Belgrade
Sarajevo
Ljubljana (short stop, going to see Lake Bled and that's pretty much it)
Prague

ANOTHER suggestion for Dan: why do BOTH Belgrade and Sarajevo? The biggest difference is size; the second, the latter is mountainous. Otherwise, aren't they redundant?

ANY others wanna weigh in on the idea of dropping one or the other?

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

[/quote]

ANOTHER suggestion for Dan: why do BOTH Belgrade and Sarajevo? The biggest difference is size; the second, the latter is mountainous. Otherwise, aren't they redundant?

ANY others wanna weigh in on the idea of dropping one or the other?
[/quote]

I think Belgrade and Sarajevo are very different. Yes, it's true that Belgrade is much bigger than Sarajevo but there are also other differences. The capital of Serbia has a "joie de vivre", like the french people would say... with a café culture, a good nightlife and a Mediterranean flavor in the way of life of the the locals.

Sarajevo is a historically interesting city, famous for it's traditional religious diversity... "the Jerusalem of Europe". Nowadays, after the war in Bosnia, 90 per cent of the population are muslims. This fact gives the city a different feeling, much more exotic.

Both cities in my opinion are really interesting...

Quote: (08-16-2015 09:40 AM)travolta Wrote:  

If you're going to Romania then go to Transylvania and see Bran Castle. It's a nice town. I'm not sure why you'd want to go to Bucharest for anything other than the women though.

I agree, I you are going to Bucharest then you should at least spend a day or 2 in Brasov.

I would skip Ljubljana unless it is really important to you as it will add many hours of travel time to your trip. I have never been there but I think it is a university town so make sure the universities are back in session. If you are going only for girls instead of going straight from Kiev to Bucharest you could do Kiev-Odessa-Chisinau-Bucharest, or if you like my above suggestion there is a bus from Chisinau to Brasov and then you can take a train to Bucharest.

I would recommend always taking buses or trains, I have never had trouble booking them the day before. Also I never book accommodation until the day before also, this gives you the opportunity to extend or shorten your stay in each city.

Not to mess with your head but Mostar was damn cool.
But, maybe better to go there when you are not in a hurry.