rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Construction Hoist Business

I have an associate who owns a construction hoist manufacturing business in china but wants to expand the business outside of China. I'm looking for advice on what I can do to help build the business. Any help is greatly appreciated!

You're asking us to:

- Analyze your company's historical performance

-Forecast financial performance

-Analyze your current marketing efforts and come up with an international marketing plan

-Provide analysis or input on your company's managerial structure

-Tell us how he could best finance expansion plans.

-Predicting ideal market positioning for the company's product.

And...potentially DOZENS of other aspects.

And you're asking us to do this with only a single description to go off of.

It's impossible for us to give you any meaningful advice with that little information. You're also asking us to give you an answer that doesn't fit into a quick forum answer: the question you're asking is one that would be best asked of a post-MBA consultant, someone who went to school for two years full time studying business management not to count his previous years of work experience and (most likely) undergraduate business education.

For reference: the typical case study of a company at the MBA level( of which extra-regional expansion analysis are a fairly common subject) will typically include anywhere between ten to thirty pages of detailed company information, statistical data, and financial reports.

To think that you could get a good answer boiling that down into a single sentence is, quite frankly, insane.

Actually what you replied with is a great start. I'm looking for a start point and I think I'll be consulting some professional help once I get more information on the company.

Generally, yes. If he can afford it he's probably best off hiring a project manager full time. Another option (although typically very expensive) is to hire a consulting team to do a COA analysis and identify potential markets to expand into.

My own expertise is going to top out at telling you whether it's financially feasible for him to expand the business at this time, and doing so would require me to have complete, accurate, financial disclosures.

Quote: (07-18-2015 06:45 PM)MistaaJack Wrote:  

Actually what you replied with is a great start.

Anyone see humor in this response? Or am I imagining it?

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2