rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do you guys like pickup trucks?

I was curious how many people here like pickup trucks.

I've always felt that the pickup is the best vehicle for the masculine rugged individualist.

I think the Ford F150 would be at the top of my list.

[Image: 2015-ford-f-150-photos-and-info-news-car...iginal.jpg]

I also like the Chevy Silverado.

[Image: 2016-Chevy-Silverado-2500.jpg]

Both cares give decent MPG too.

How about you guys?

Anything with a 22R engine.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

They did plenty of surveys and find that women associate pickup-trucks with masculinity - followed by sport cars:

http://www.urbasm.com/2015/03/4-sexiest-...-to-drive/

Quote:Quote:

WHAT WOMEN PREFER MEN TO DRIVE

Among women, 32 percent said that they found men who drove pickup trucks to be most attractive. Men driving sports cars came in a reasonably close second at 27 percent. SUVs (16 percent), sedans (11 percent), and hybrid/electric vehicles (four percent) rounded out the top five. Unshockingly, women found mail trucks to be the least attractive vehicle for men to drive. (NB: How mail trucks even wound up on the survey, we'll never know.)

In terms of brands, women were more divided, though Ford garnered the most up-votes at 16 percent, followed by Chevrolet and Porsche. And when it came to the color of a prospective mate's ride, women far and away chose black (53 percent) as the sexiest color. Silver took home the silver medal, with 16 percent of the vote.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/news/108...ports-cars

Men don't give two shits, but I guess a red sports convertible that a woman drives would get our attention, but would not add anything to her attraction if an ugly whale does it.

Also - in a recent Superbowl commercial they even put out open hypergamy:

There are definitely r-selected vs. k-selected cars.

Pickup trucks, even old sport cars beat any kind of boring sedan in most cases since a woman associates those cars with fun and excitement.

...because there is nothing more alpha than spending all the money you saved by joining Team Appetizer on putting gas in a machine with room for one passenger and tons of trunk space that is complete empty 99% of the time.

Pass.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (06-03-2015 05:05 AM)Suits Wrote:  

...because there is nothing more alpha than spending all the money you saved by joining Team Appetizer on putting gas in a machine with room for one passenger and tons of trunk space that is complete empty 99% of the time.

Pass.

Yeah - working out and learning Game gets 100 times more dividends than buying a car for sure.

But if you can afford it, don't buy it on credit and have fun while driving it - why not.

Quote: (06-03-2015 05:12 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Quote: (06-03-2015 05:05 AM)Suits Wrote:  

Pass.

Yeah - working out and learning Game gets 100 times more dividends than buying a car for sure.

But if you can afford it, don't buy it on credit and have fun while driving it - why not.

To discourage someone from spending their hard-earned cash in a manner that pleases them would be pretty immature.

However, due to experiences growing up in a place where all the try-hards based their personality around a jeep, ricer (which they didn't personally do any work on) or pick-up truck, I've always been suspicious of guys who are "really into cars/truck/etc."

These guys always seem to be able to work a reference to their truck or their jeep into everyone conversation. Unless you built the car in question, I see this as no different than regularly talking publicly about how much money is in your bank account.

On the other hand, I really like it when guys fix up a car, rebuild an engine, drive around an antique car, etc. I find this incredibly manly.

However, any dumb idiot with money in his pocket can see a car he likes and go to a dealership an buy it. It proves nothing.

I find conversations about what "cars people like" silly. Anyone can see a car and "like it." Of course they do, these cars are beautiful.

A much better conversation would be about "what cars have you restored?"

If anything, it's just another thing that will tie you down and give you less real freedom.

That being said, if I'm still chasing 18-28 year old pussy when I begin crossing from my early 40's into my almost 50's, the first thing I'm going to do is buy the sexiest two seater I can afford and I'm going to use it to impress dumb sluts.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (06-03-2015 05:25 AM)Suits Wrote:  

That being said, if I'm still chasing 18-28 year old pussy when I begin crossing from my early 40's into my almost 50's, the first thing I'm going to do is buy the sexiest two seater I can afford and I'm going to use it to impress dumb sluts.

[Image: picard_clapping.gif]

I like the newer Dodge Rams and those late 50's rat rods. But I have no real use for a truck

I'm gonna buy a cheap used F-150 with cash in a few months. Hopefully a 4x4 one for when I need to go hunting I won't have to worry about getting stuck in the middle of fucking nowhere and need a tow to get out of a muddy spot. I'm not selling my sports car so this will be vehicle number 2.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

I had a lot of friends when I had a truck. They were always asking me to help them move and pizza and beer were my payment.

Team Nachos

I am from middle America....

Who the fuck doesn't drive a truck?

They make lots of good looking trucks these days. I drive a RAM 1500.

[Image: 2792-2242-ram_toty_ext_797x258.jpg]

The F150 isn't that bad in price or MPG. It's $26K for the base model and does 19/26 MPG city/highway.

I agree that if you don't have the money, don't buy it.... but I could say the same thing about a sedan or SUV. This discussion assumes you want a vehicle and have a middle-class income, which is true for most people who are full-time in the workforce and done with school.

If you have to choose between a basic sedan and a pickup (and have the money), I think the pickup provides a good choice.

Quote: (06-03-2015 08:31 AM)DirectDanger Wrote:  

Nice.

[Image: gmc-canyon-nightfall-cincinnati-oh.jpg]

GMC pickups are nice inside and drive smooth but they are too pricey. They talk about Professional Grade, but I never see blue collar guys driving them. I guess Professional Grade is referring to white collar professionals.

After I get my truck maybe I will put a stage 3 kit on my car and I can use the truck to haul it to the track sometimes. Everytime I think about that plan I think about the less money I will have to put into my business though... what a sad story... I did see a 2013 GTR for just under 70K yesterday. I still believe I can get one someday!! [Image: tongue.gif]

1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

I bought a 95 Camaro a while back and am fixing it up. I bought it because it was cheap and I wanted a project car to work on and thought it would be fun to drive (it is).

[Image: attachment.jpg26589]   

Getting female attention really was not a priority, but I have been pleasantly surprised by how many girls have complimented the car and how many I have seen checking it out.

To guys who think that pickups are a useless expense, I would say that it depends on what the guy does with it. If he's the type of man who does his own home repair and improvement and repair, or landscaping, or mechanics, or who had a side hustle business in which he needs to transport things, or has a boat he needs to tow, or hunts or fishes, then a pickup is definitely worth it. If he works in an office and goes home and sits in front of the TV, probably not.

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

In the Midwest, having a nice truck is a status symbol. You will see people jack their trucks with lifts, throw on big tires, and other modifications.

My work truck last year was a 2014 Ram 1500 and it had a knob style gear shift which was very odd and took awhile to get used to, I didn't like it at all:
[img][Image: 1zx2ro.jpg][/img]
The Ram was a decent truck for light stuff but I was driving it in an oil sands mine and that thing would get fucked up, the mud would cake on the electronic gear shift sensor and the thing wouldn't go into park properly so I'd have to go underneath it and scrape the mud out, a really dirty job that I'd have to do after every rainfall. Now I'm driving an F-150, also a fairly good truck, the only problem I've had with the Ford F series (all work trucks) have been a minor issue with the fuel lines, for some reason once they get higher in mileage I would have to take them to our fleet mechanics for repair.

Personally, I only ever owned one truck and it was a Nissan Titan, it was pretty good but I think I would go for a Toyota Tacoma if I ever buy one again, as for now I"m driving a little four cylinder Toyota Yaris, I don't have any toys to drag around these days so its all I need!

I love my truck. Something like this...

[Image: 2015-ford-f-150---frist-d-10_600x0w.jpg]

I love a few hours cruising on the open road or plowing through so snow or mud. The back seats are very spacious and have been host to quite a few truck bangs. It is a double crew cab though with a 6.5 ft box so its a nightmare to park in the city. It can take 20 minutes just to find a spot sometimes.

If I didn't need certain specs for work I would either drive an older Land Rover Defender or a Ford Bronco...

[Image: land_rover_defender_4x4_2060068419906061507.jpg]

[Image: 199.jpg]

[Image: ford_bronco_surfboard.gif]

[Image: 1971-ford-bronco-custom-for-sale.jpg]

That Rover with 30A on the door is from my neighborhood; I think I've seen it before.

Old Broncos are so badass, I've always wanted one

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Quote: (06-03-2015 01:53 PM)MrXY Wrote:  

That Rover with 30A on the door is from my neighborhood; I think I've seen it before.

Old Broncos are so badass, I've always wanted one

Haha cool. I just googled search images - very random.

So many cool old range rovers down in Colombia but I think shipping one back would be a nightmare. I would love to take an old school model though with the collectable front window and canopy roof.

Quote: (06-03-2015 11:24 AM)memcpy Wrote:  

In the Midwest, having a nice truck is a status symbol. You will see people jack their trucks with lifts, throw on big tires, and other modifications.

[Image: facepalm.png]

In the South, most guys in small towns drive trucks, and many teenagers and young men base their lives around it.

I drove a small compact car for seven years, and always felt a little ashamed. Last year I bought a truck: a 2wd five cylinder with four doors. Pretty spacious and has enough ass to haul most anything I need to.

I didn't buy it for chicks. I got it because I wanted and needed one. But I sometimes notice a gleam in the eye of these city girls when I pull up in my truck.

Quote: (06-03-2015 02:52 PM)Cheetah Wrote:  

Quote: (06-03-2015 11:24 AM)memcpy Wrote:  

[Image: facepalm.png]

In the South this is absolutely the case. I talked about this in another thread before. Dudes with a 60K+ truck that is lifted, Texas Editions, King Ranch, Laramie Editions, etc. will draw gold diggers left and right. Your truck can be a dead giveaway to a girl that knows how much all that stuff costs. Older gals with babies rabies looking for a sucker are plentiful. Don't even think about stepping out of a nice truck with a 3 piece suit on, then they know what's really up. If you come out with nice clean steel toe boots on, a clean worksite outfit, with your shirt tucked in, they know immediately that you are the foreman, supervisor, engineer, or architect. Real gold diggers are never fooled.

Some of those more country from traditional families gals don't mind a dirty guy either if his truck is clean or dirty. They just like real men. Some Mexican construction guys I know, that have trucks, tell me all the time their trucks are pussy magnets. Granted these guys aren't pulling over a 5, they still get laid often enough and enjoy it. One of those guys from the same circle has a big diesel one that is clean and he says it's nothing but woman trouble because he is married.

Near the military base like Fort Hood, having a nice truck can get you chased by women too. You would think these dudes were driving a benz with all that attention.

I don't know about the Midwest but it may not be all that different from here either. It's always best to get a truck for yourself, but hey nothing wrong with getting a certain pickup to draw them in. It's no different than dudes with BMWs and Benz cars doing it. It's not necessarily bad game at all. Just have to make sure you know what you are dealing with and set the expectation for the girls accordingly. Now large houses is where I would say the rules of engagement can change a little bit. You really do not want to show that off much if at all. You could have a chick you have only known for one week show out inside your house, call the police and tell them you did something to her and that she moved in there a while ago. Who do you think they will believe? You or her?

Parlay mentioned that he had a lot of frienda when he had a truck. My thoughts upon reading the thread title were, "it's more my style to have a friend with a truck"

Having said that I still want some 90s 4-cyl truck (like a Ranger or Tacoma) to gut and swap a 1JZ or 2JZ into it. Who knows.

Quote: (06-03-2015 11:45 AM)scotian Wrote:  

My work truck last year was a 2014 Ram 1500 and it had a knob style gear shift which was very odd and took awhile to get used to, I didn't like it at all:

The Ram was a decent truck for light stuff but I was driving it in an oil sands mine and that thing would get fucked up, the mud would cake on the electronic gear shift sensor and the thing wouldn't go into park properly so I'd have to go underneath it and scrape the mud out, a really dirty job that I'd have to do after every rainfall. Now I'm driving an F-150, also a fairly good truck, the only problem I've had with the Ford F series (all work trucks) have been a minor issue with the fuel lines, for some reason once they get higher in mileage I would have to take them to our fleet mechanics for repair.

Personally, I only ever owned one truck and it was a Nissan Titan, it was pretty good but I think I would go for a Toyota Tacoma if I ever buy one again, as for now I"m driving a little four cylinder Toyota Yaris, I don't have any toys to drag around these days so its all I need!

Fuel pumps/valves, Water pumps, fuel lines, etc. all about 100K+ usually. That's very typical of Fords. Other than that they are usually pretty decent. RAM trucks are the wildcard of the bunch. My boss has one and he told me a month ago, he regrets buying it because of all the things that breaks on it. He told me not to buy one. If I buy American, I only buy Ford anyway. My old man is like that, I guess I feel the same way about it.