rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Manspreading is Now a Misdemeanor in NYC

Source

Quote:Quote:

Making yourself comfortable on a NY subway train could land you in hot water, especially if you occupy too much space. What appears to be the first ever arrest for so-called manspreading was revealed in a new report.

Two Latino men were allegedly arrested for manspreading, sitting with knees wide open, thus occupying two seats on May 22 at 12:11am, according to a report released by the Police Reform Organizing Project in New York. This is probably the first time manspreading has led to an arrest and court appearance.

Although, according to the report, the judge said that at the time of the arrest there could not have been many passengers on the train, she nevertheless slapped the two men with an ACD, which means that charges against them will be dropped if they don't get arrested again for a fixed period of time, the report says.

In January, the Metropolitan Transit Authority rolled out an ad campaign reminding men to “mind the gap” and keep knees closer together while seated on public transport.

This can't be real. They should issue arrests to fat people for taking two seats up if they're doing this.

Here's the report the RT times article references-

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/f6b63e2555...You_02.pdf

The US just seems to be becoming more and more of a police state each passing year.

I've seen a couple guys 'manspread' on the bus, but for every one of these guys, there are ten people doing the same thing with their bags (male or female).

Instead of 'manspreading,' post a sign like this:

[Image: 11017655_796580813762565_1191369289_n.jpg]

If you're in the back of the bus and the bus isn't too full, taking up two seats is pretty innocuous. Otherwise - if you're in the front or the bus is full, it's a dick move.

If I had to bet money, I'd wager that minority men do a disproportionate share of the 'manspreading' that goes on. I take the bus frequently, and have only seen it explicitly done a couple times, but both were young to middle aged black men. Small sample size though. Not Hispanics, and not women or the elderly - but taking up space with bags is pretty universal.

Another reason for me to keep doing the 30 min walk to work.

What about women who take up 2 or 3 spaces with their bags (sitting or standing)?

Fuck the MTA.
They continually cut service while increasing prices.
Ride your bike, find another way, or just don't sitting on the subway.
Let the stupid feminists tear each other apart with their spreading.

In reality, I don't see this ridiculous shit lasting.

Quote: (05-31-2015 01:32 PM)Basil Ransom Wrote:  

I've seen a couple guys 'manspread' on the bus, but for every one of these guys, there are ten people doing the same thing with their bags (male or female).

Instead of 'manspreading,' post a sign like this:

If you're in the back of the bus and the bus isn't too full, taking up two seats is pretty innocuous. Otherwise - if you're in the front or the bus is full, it's a dick move.

If I had to bet money, I'd wager that minority men do a disproportionate share of the 'manspreading' that goes on. I take the bus frequently, and have only seen it explicitly done a couple times, but both were young to middle aged black men. Small sample size though. Not Hispanics, and not women or the elderly - but taking up space with bags is pretty universal.

Women don't take up lots of space on the subway unless they are fat.

The east coast ain't got no love for Dr Dre & Snoop.

Stupid law. What feminists and simple ass men do not understand is every time you make a law it is just one more way for the state to involve themselves in your life. Someone will get killed by this stupid law, some poor guy on the way home after an exhausting day at work will manspread and some self righteous asshole will call the police and it will escalate. Just silly.

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....

Quote: (05-31-2015 02:46 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  

Stupid law. What feminists and simple ass men do not understand is every time you make a law it is just one more way for the state to involve themselves in your life. Someone will get killed by this stupid law, some poor guy on the way home after an exhausting day at work will manspread and some self righteous asshole will call the police and it will escalate. Just silly.

An interesting alternative would be creating a membership system for transit, and terminating or suspending someone's membership for bad behavior. Private transit providers like Uber use this approach.

You lose some anonymity that way, but frankly most people don't care, and it's a tradeoff for using the system.

This is an ongoing issue with transit. A small percent of users make the experience worse, but the government has handicapped itself in dealing with them, and the bus drivers have to deal with it.

This is almost unbelievable. It's like some dystopian future sci fi world...except it's already here.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

That's right, we're criminalizing body-language. If you show how comfortable, calm, dominant, or exhausted you are in society, that's illegal. Everybody must be stressed, and assigned to a crawlspace in order to trigger some form of claustrophobia only canned sardines would experience.

You are only a number. We can only imagine the taser 'incidents' that will occur, or the 'shot and killed' headlines, stemming from retard laws like this one.

Out of the woodwork, into the night, onto the moonlit veranda.

Quote: (05-31-2015 01:32 PM)Basil Ransom Wrote:  

Snarkiness
Shitty, unfunny hashtag
Using "really?" as a punchline

If you replaced "One fare, one seat" with "Wow, just wow", that would be the most American sign ever.

Since cops are having to meet ever increasing ticket quotas, they will use easy prey like men who sit in a relaxed way - as far as I know it was past midnight at the time of the incident and the subway was certainly empty enough.

Feminism is plutocracy financed and supported, so when they find some useful ways to make money and curb strong masculine behavior, then it is going to be supported with full force. I expect that Daygame some day in the future will be illegal as well as catcalling.

What does taking up two seats on the train have to do with feminism?

Quote: (05-31-2015 04:37 PM)LINUX Wrote:  

It's an attack on men spreading their legs apart while setting, i.e. setting in a normal masculine way. The "space issue" is an excuse to rage against men being masculine. Their explanation for why they can't just say "excuse me" is that these men are being aggressive and trying to intimidate them by not crossing their legs like women. (The real reason is that feminists are so socially inept it borders on autism.)

You'll never see women getting arrested for spreading their shopping bags over three seats. This is specifically an attack on men. It's called manspreading for fucks sake.

Would like to know when fat girls in yoga pants and fat-girl cleavage will become a misdemeanor. Please stop projecting unwanted fat acceptance onto me ladies, it makes me feel uncomfortable, harassed, and violated. Not to mention they take up two seats.

[Image: laugh7.gif]

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

We need to counter this somehow. National Manspreading Day? The problem I have with the manosphere/MRA/Red Pill type of sphere's is that there is constant complaining about the problems we see but no one really mobilizes to address it. If you're gonna give SJW credit forsomething it should be that they're relentless in criminalizing whatever imaginary slights they perceive. They worked hard to get this done and we have to work harder to get it to go away now.

Quote: (05-31-2015 04:37 PM)LINUX Wrote:  

http://www.returnofkings.com/53991/mansp...oung-women

Matt Forney did a great job here breaking it down.

Quote: (05-31-2015 01:11 PM)Saladin Wrote:  

Source

Quote:Quote:

Making yourself comfortable on a NY subway train could land you in hot water, especially if you occupy too much space. What appears to be the first ever arrest for so-called manspreading was revealed in a new report.

Two Latino men were allegedly arrested for manspreading, sitting with knees wide open, thus occupying two seats on May 22 at 12:11am, according to a report released by the Police Reform Organizing Project in New York. This is probably the first time manspreading has led to an arrest and court appearance.

Although, according to the report, the judge said that at the time of the arrest there could not have been many passengers on the train, she nevertheless slapped the two men with an ACD, which means that charges against them will be dropped if they don't get arrested again for a fixed period of time, the report says.

In January, the Metropolitan Transit Authority rolled out an ad campaign reminding men to “mind the gap” and keep knees closer together while seated on public transport.

This can't be real. They should issue arrests to fat people for taking two seats up if they're doing this.

Do you know how many times I've seen a woman who takes up a seat for her handbag? Will THAT be a misdemeanor, too? It achieves the same harm as manspreading - takes up two seats. Oh, sorry - I wasn't thinking for a second :/

Nonsense...I mean if it was crowded I am imagine a stand up guy would reduce his space he occupied to allow others to shit. But if there is no one around and still get a ticket, that would be ridiculous.

What about fat people. Southwest has charged for two seats before.

"Excuse me you are spilling over can you suck in your stomach?"
"Excuse me did each thigh pay for a ticket?"

1st world problems.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Zero noise from the SJW crowd bringing attention to this obvious dick-shaming.

My big balls need air and require two seats.
[Image: bounce.gif] [Image: bounce.gif]

Team Nachos

Quote: (05-31-2015 01:41 PM)Double Salad Wrote:  

Fuck the MTA.
They continually cut service while increasing prices.
Ride your bike, find another way, or just don't sitting on the subway.
Let the stupid feminists tear each other apart with their spreading.

In reality, I don't see this ridiculous shit lasting.

Gotta pay for those outlandish pension plans somehow.

Fortunately the mainstream reaction to this news has been rather heartening. The anti-cop crowd is going nuts over this, mainstream conservatives are touting as confirmation of New York being a statist hellhole, the minority crowd is angry because it was two hispanic men arrested at the behest of white girls, and so on.

The "manspreading" whining has been exposed to the mainstream and in so doing has blown up in its creators faces as it has been met with little other than derision and ridicule.

Why are feminists trying to remove my agency over my own legs? My body my rules. #manspreading #dontremovemyagency

This incident and the whole manspreading whining makes potential civil disobedience/trolling quite easy.

Just get a large group of sweaty fat men together and everyone goes to the subway at the same time and spreads. See if the cops will round everyone up and then film it for an instant media (civil rights) shitstorm.