rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Wearing a Suit Makes you More Powerful

http://www.sciencealert.com/research-sho...mitstart=1

Quote:Quote:

After testing people's thought patterns in relation to the formality of their attire, researchers found that suit-wearers felt more powerful, and this encouraged them to think about the big picture rather than getting hung up on the details. Or in psychology terms, donning a suit encouraged ‘abstract processing’ rather than ‘concrete processing’.

"Putting on formal clothes makes us feel powerful, and that changes the basic way we see the world," the lead researcher, psychologist Abraham Rutchick from California State University, Northridge, told Joe Pinsker at The Atlantic.

My power level is over 9000 whenever I have a suit on. It's true. Vegeta told me.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Depends on the quality of the suit & shoes. Some poorer men look even worse with an ill-fitted lousy suit and shoes.

But yeah - there was a good reason why many men in previous times wore suits often - even if they were factory workers.

Seems to be two schools of thought, many startups and I think companies like Apple were always very informal thinking you were more creative when comfortable and not stuffy and maybe creative stuff is different than general business stuff but seems the new school of thought of startup and younger generation CEO's is more informal.

I don't wear suits that often but I do feel confident and powerful when wearing one so I can see both ideas. I definately like the whole act as if thing and I think suits help with that.

I think both can work, just have to figure out what motivates you.

It might actually have less to do with the suit than the clothes that make YOU feel powerful.

For most men myself included a suit is the power clothes. But depending on your lifestyle a suit might not always be preferable.

If Im out gaming young chicks I feel much more powerful wearing my silver bomber jacket with designer jeans and fitted t shirt. Wearing a suit at my office often makes me feel inferior because there will be guys wearing better suits and look better in suits than me.

Wearing clothes unique to you and compliment your style is much more powerful. After all its a psychological effect. If wearing a thong makes you feel powerful fucking do it [Image: lol.gif]

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

Hitting the gym every now and then makes you more powerful than a piece of fabric for sure.

Quote: (06-01-2015 06:55 AM)Dalaran1991 Wrote:  

It might actually have less to do with the suit than the clothes that make YOU feel powerful.

For most men myself included a suit is the power clothes. But depending on your lifestyle a suit might not always be preferable.

The mind is a great, powerful thing. If we think the suit will make us powerful, it will.

100% - it could be a leather jacket or something else. Depends on the mind of that person.

I would also say that it depends on your lifestyle and what you think looks good on you.

I have seen so many guys who are forced to wear a suit in their office. You can mostly see that they feel uncomfortable in it. Than it seems much less "powerful" or confident.

If you're forced to wear a suit, then you won't feel powerful in it. You look like the slave everyone else forced to wear it is.

But if you're wearing it because you've got it custom fitted, with colors that totally match your palette, and you simply want to wear it because you know you look amazing in it, you can bet your ass you're gonna feel and appear more powerful which does translate into real world results.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (06-01-2015 01:54 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

If you're forced to wear a suit, then you won't feel powerful in it. You look like the slave everyone else forced to wear it is.

But if you're wearing it because you've got it custom fitted, with colors that totally match your palette, and you simply want to wear it because you know you look amazing in it, you can bet your ass you're gonna feel and appear more powerful which does translate into real world results.

spot on.

People need to differentiate between business suit and casual suit.

I feel like a drone if I put on a standard business suit. I feel like a fucking boss when I put on any of my other suits. A suit you wear to work and a suit you wear to play are vastly different.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Quote: (06-01-2015 03:21 PM)AntiTrace Wrote:  

spot on.

People need to differentiate between business suit and casual suit.

I feel like a drone if I put on a standard business suit. I feel like a fucking boss when I put on any of my other suits. A suit you wear to work and a suit you wear to play are vastly different.

This. When I choose to wear my suit out for the night, I am noticeably more confident and my pull rate is greater.

See username.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Also this:

[Image: jack-donaghy+2.jpg]

And this:

[Image: barney2.jpg]

Totally agree with this point. In this context, please allow me to quote myself here:

Quote: (05-02-2015 03:47 AM)Ray Carlton Wrote:  

I enjoy wearing a suit, I don't do it for others, I don't do it for dressing up. I do it, because in my book, a suit is what a man should wear.

My grandfather wore a suit on most occasions and so did my father. Not because they wear the most style-conscious, but because in their book, a suit was what a man should wear.

Of course, with this opinion, I am part of a minority nowadays.

In the office world, you can spot the guys who wear a suit because they have to. They don't enjoy it. The suit is produced by cheap material, the armholes too big, the ties doesn't match the shirt, there is no pocket square, there is a neck gap. They wear it, because they have to, they don't embrace it.

You can see similar guys in clubs or bars. They read somewhere that they can get girls when they wear a suit. So they go the same route as the office guy. Get the first best suit without understanding the basics of men style. They don't care about the suit, they just wear it, because they "have to".

At the other hand, you have guys who embrace the suit. They understand men style, the tradition of men clothing and wear it with confidence. They appreciate the craftsmanship of a well-made suit and know how to match suit - shirt - tie - pocket square. But the important point is, after they put together their outfit, they forget it.

They wear it like other guys wear a t-shirt, jeans and sneakers.

All that makes the difference, whether you are a try hard, or a well dressed man.

Source: http://www.rooshvforum.network/newreply.php?...to=1012224

Mannbibel - Meistgelesener Artikel: Dominiere deine Freundin im Bett
Die Rückkehr der Männlichkeit - a german blog written by Ray

Dont forget some crazy socks. When you sit down your socks show. Wear some sick colorful socks, I have been opened many times because of cool dress socks.

Quote: (06-01-2015 07:33 AM)signoria Wrote:  

Hitting the gym every now and then makes you more powerful than a piece of fabric for sure.

You need to hit the gym more than "every now and then" to earn that power, I'd go as far as saying if you go "every now and then", you're not getting anything out of it now or then.

If you're really going to get involved in being in the gym, you have to make it a lifestyle decision, it has to become something you do on a regular basis, just like other things you do on a regular basis, most people can not make that commitment, so they won't get the same results out of it as those who have made that commitment.

As far as suit game goes, just putting on the suit doesn't mean shit, I see plenty of guys in banks, law offices, etc. who look like clowns in suits, those don't look like powerful men, they look like men who I shouldn't take seriously.

Quote: (06-02-2015 06:52 PM)jariel Wrote:  

Quote: (06-01-2015 07:33 AM)signoria Wrote:  

You need to hit the gym more than "every now and then" to earn that power, I'd go as far as saying if you go "every now and then", you're not getting anything out of it now or then.

If you're really going to get involved in being in the gym, you have to make it a lifestyle decision, it has to become something you do on a regular basis, just like other things you do on a regular basis, most people can not make that commitment, so they won't get out the same results out of it as those who have made that commitment.

As far as suit game goes, just putting on the suit doesn't mean shit, I see plenty of guys in banks, law offices, etc. who look like clowns in suits, those don't look like powerful men, they look like men who I shouldn't take seriously.

True. But lets not talk about the typical guys you see in suits, because hopefully we here are not typical guys.

I'm not saying suit game is the end all. A suit is just clothing, it is essentially your first impression on others. In the game community, we have unanimous agreement that a well dressed man is better off than a poor dressed man. Therefore, a dude in a good suit has an advantage point or two. It won't overcome shit game, but it sure as helps for a seasoned player.

That doesn't mean I preach wearing a suit 24/7. I did years ago, but I have grown up and learned since then. Given my advancement in game I will stay say this, a man in a well fitted suited will overcome a man in casual mens fashion. The better dressed man simply has an advantage, denying that is denying game itself.

That begs the question, when is a suit appropriate and when is it not, given a players atmosphere? I have my thoughts and have done a case study before, but I am interested in what others say.

Quote: (06-02-2015 07:19 PM)AntiTrace Wrote:  

That begs the question, when is a suit appropriate and when is it not, given a players atmosphere? I have my thoughts and have done a case study before, but I am interested in what others say.

I would say it depends on the nature/mood of the atmosphere you're going to be in.

I would definitely wear a suit to a charity function, but I would not wear one for college night at a bar close to campus.

Also, I understand we have a lot of like minded people here, but I assume that those who really know when they're doing when it comes to game, weight lifting, fashion, etc. are in the minority; they always will be.

It doesn't make sense to assume everyone here knows their measurements and gets their suits tailored; just because we're in a game community, doesn't mean we're all up on fashion and all of the other topics that we discuss here, a lot of people here are still in the learning stages for a variety of topics.

Quote: (05-31-2015 03:58 PM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Depends on the quality of the suit & shoes. Some poorer men look even worse with an ill-fitted lousy suit and shoes.

But yeah - there was a good reason why many men in previous times wore suits often - even if they were factory workers.

This.

I never really wear a 'full' suit, maybe when i get older i'll get into it more, but most of the time when i go out i do wear a blazer and dress pants.

I have one black blazer/pants combination from Hugo Boss and another black combo from H&M.

I just feel much more powerful and better in expensive clothing, compared to H&M (which is still a good brand no doubt).

Even if the clothes look alike.

It's the same with a leather jacket, you'll feel more powerful and look better with a quality one from D&G or Morato compared to one from H&M or Zara.

Even if the jackets look the same.

Good clothes and a sense of style often conveyed with the masculinity of suit is a component to help you to attain the +2 SMV necessary to attract most of the women you like.

Just make sure you wear it and not the other way round.

[Image: attachment.jpg26586]   
In college I had to wear a suit every day to attend classes. Damn thing felt more like a prison jumpsuit that an article of clothing.
But now when I'm out and about in a suit tailored to my own style, you're damn right I feel powerful, like a reflection of the man that's inside.

John Wick 2 is rocking one good custom made suit I may use as reference for my next buy.

[Image: GB2aH7u.jpg]

Plus, if your state allows it, take a gun and take some good pictures.

Mind formatting that picture so it's actually visible?

Oh man, I was late to the party on suits. The first time I ever worn a suit I was 23 years old. I had just moved to LA and was an entry level PA (production assistant) on a forgettable indie movie. A few weeks into the production and there were a few stunt scenes one of the actors refused to do (a somewhat well-known C-list guy that was doing the movie as a favor to a friend)... The director thought I looked enough like the guy that they had me put on a suit and do his stunt, it was just jumping around and brawling and stupid shit, nothing major.

Point is, I was already turning heads a little before the suit, but once I was walking around the set in a perfect-fitting several thousand dollar suit, the thirst of all the 20 or so women (cast and crew) got real -- and real quick.

It is no joke that a properly fitted suit on a man is equivalent to lingerie on a woman.

I had groups of women coming by trying to peek into the room whenever I would dress or undress. One of the girls, a fellow PA told me she was a virgin -- she was a "good girl" and was adamant about waiting until marriage for PIV, but she was blowing me sometimes as much as 3 times a day for a week straight. The director would send the two of us together on a coffee run for everyone and as soon as we'd get in the car she'd immediately go at, she could not wait.

I ended up getting fired from the production just a few days before filming wrapped because I caused tension by hooking up with three of the crew girls. I'm positive if I had stayed longer I would have been able to fuck the lead actress, who actually went on to become quite a star, that would have been a proud notch.

Since that day, I've taken great pride in having nice custom tailored suits. I wear them anytime I meet with clients, and anytime I got out to upscale places. It definitely works for me, I don't ever worry about being overdressed.

Quote: (10-06-2016 11:33 PM)cascadecombo Wrote:  

Mind formatting that picture so it's actually visible?

Fixed