rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Harassment by "Waiting" [Video]

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/290693...th-student (Full Video)

Apparently if you are a man (or in this case a young black man in college), sitting and waiting for a student counselor is "harassment."

Quote:Quote:

KENNESAW, Ga. - Kennesaw State University officials have placed an academic advisor on administrative leave pending an investigation into a dispute recorded on a phone.

The conversation took place on May 13th between student Kevin Bruce and a student advisor Abby Dawson.

Bruce said he didn't think the video would get as much attention as it did, but he said he had no choice other than posting it online.

In the video, Dawson tells him he should leave, instead of waiting.

Bruce claims he just stopped by to fill out a form and ask his regular advisor a couple of questions. But, he said his regular advisor was busy.

Bruce said that's when he started talking with Dawson.

In the video, you hear Dawson tell Bruce he is harassing just by waiting, and that she will call campus security. Bruce has since filed a complaint with the school. Bruce said no student who pays tuition should be talked to like that.

KSU released a statement:

"Kennesaw State is dedicated to providing a positive academic experience for all students," said Ken Harmon, Kennesaw State's provost and vice president for academic affairs. "We also have a responsibility to provide all students, faculty and staff with a fair and thorough review process."

According to University officials, the investigation is expected to take approximately two weeks to complete.

Sitting here until someone is available is harassing them.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Imagiine buying a brand new BMW off the showroom floor no questions asked. Everyone is happy and every one feels like they are getting what they paid for. Months go by and the car is great, you got something sportier and love driving it. In some cases it even gets you ass by name association alone. The dealership seems like they really care about your driving experience and help you with any questions you have. They even help you get in touch with other BMW owners with the same mindset. The payments are high, but you never miss one because you believe your future worth is dependent on it.

Time for your first oil change.

For whatever reason you have a particular mechanic you want to work on the car you spent over 60 grand on no questions asked, maybe there is a weird rattle, maybe he's your buddy's friend. You wait in the service area after explaining yourself. It'll be a bit of a wait but you dont mind so you start chatting to the service desk girl. Just small talk; nothing more.

She becomes irate. Walks over and tells you she's phoning the cops that you are harassing her. She will press criminal charges and they will take your new BMW from you with flimsy legal recourse. 60000+ gone and you'll be stuck forever driving a 1996 Ford Taurus because no other dealership will sell to you because of your 'indiscretions.'

It could be worse. You could have told her you saw a nice Benz the other day and wanted to drive her right to the limit.

Why can't this kid fill out the form like everyone else has to? Has he been told he's "special"? There's no need for security, just make the kid wait until closing time like a normal person. He'll get bored and leave in a few minutes - especially if you have a wifi jammer.

I'd be on her side if she wasn't such a cunt.

How was he able to pull the phone out so quickly and accurately? Man I need to practice using my phone.

On a serious note, what a fucking cunt.

Though she doesn't look bad (video isn't the greatest) - would bang. She has a thigh gap which is nice to see in a woman.

I bet Mrs. Tilly is an old woman.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Quote: (05-17-2015 11:39 AM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  

Why can't this kid fill out the form like everyone else has to? Has he been told he's "special"? There's no need for security, just make the kid wait until closing time like a normal person. He'll get bored and leave in a few minutes - especially if you have a wifi jammer.

He's paying thousands, if not tens of thousands, to go to that school.

He's perfectly entitled to see the counselor that he's paying to talk about the classes that he's paying for.

And it's not even the counselor who has the problem, it's the secretary who doesn't want him sitting there.

From the accounts I read, he had e-mailed and tried to make appointments/get help online and through e-mail multiple times before resorting to this, but had just been sent vague web links that didn't not help.

EDIT: Here's one link, for example, where he alleges the advisor kept cancelling their appointments: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...-1.2223275

EDIT2: His Twitter account of the cancellations: https://twitter.com/IamKB_/status/598858306522894336

Quote: (05-17-2015 12:19 PM)italktostrangers Wrote:  

From the accounts I read, he had e-mailed and tried to make appointments/get help online and through e-mail multiple times before resorting to this, but had just been sent vague web links that didn't not help.

Don't feed the trolls.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (05-17-2015 12:19 PM)italktostrangers Wrote:  

EDIT: Here's one link, for example, where he alleges the advisor kept cancelling their appointments: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...-1.2223275

EDIT2: His Twitter account of the cancellations: https://twitter.com/IamKB_/status/598858306522894336
Then fuck them. I thought the kid just refused to follow the system and wanted special treatment.

The young turks covered this as well, but it was hard to watch due to the snark. It sounds like the school rarely graduates more than 15% of students at 4 years. It might be by design so they make more for that extra year or so of tuition.

the only thing that's bad about this story is that people seem to think it's a big deal because the student is black.

it should be a big deal because a woman is irrationally and deceptively claiming a man is "harassing" when that is clearly not the case.

It is the power of little people that fuck things up.

All power tends to corrupt

DURING the second world war a new term of abuse entered the English language. To call someone “a little Hitler” meant he was a menial functionary who employed what power he had in order to annoy and frustrate others for his own gratification. From nightclub bouncers to the squaddies at Abu Ghraib prison who tormented their prisoners for fun, little Hitlers plague the world. The phenomenon has not, though, hitherto been subject to scientific investigation.

http://www.economist.com/node/21530945

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Quote: (05-17-2015 12:35 PM)kmhour Wrote:  

the only thing that's bad about this story is that people seem to think it's a big deal because the student is black.

I think I saw something in his twitter that it wasn't a race thing, that all students are struggling to get some support from this department. He seems like a straight forward young man trying to get his shit done so he can graduate. He didn't seem like much of a troublemaker.

WB this Abby chick. Nice birthing hips on her.

Quote: (05-17-2015 11:51 AM)samsamsam Wrote:  

How was he able to pull the phone out so quickly and accurately? Man I need to practice using my phone.

Have a Bambuser icon on the home screen. Every man should do this - it turns your phone into a defensive weapon. I don't even have a lock screen at the moment, mostly for efficiency reasons.

Quote: (05-17-2015 12:39 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

I think I saw something in his twitter that it wasn't a race thing, that all students are struggling to get some support from this department. He seems like a straight forward young man trying to get his shit done so he can graduate. He didn't seem like much of a troublemaker.

I don't mean that he was being mistreated because he was black, but that it's blown up because the narrative is "black student mistreated by administration."

If this was a white UVA fraternity brother I am confident there would not be nearly as much attention paid to a crazy woman's false accusations.

This will be turned into a race thing. Woman is white, guy is black. Media is spinning it as "black student" whereas it should be "student".

That would be a nice diversion to distract from the truth that this harassment narrative is getting out of hand.

Guy's lucky that a) He's black & b) Whipped out his phone and recorded it, that bitch would have no problems getting him kicked out of school on a lie, probably would've bumped it up into "sexual" harassment too.

#OnlyInAmerica

I see a new SJW term coming: "Wait Rape"

Quote: (05-17-2015 11:51 AM)samsamsam Wrote:  

He had repeatedly had trouble with her in the past, so this time he was prepared.

Bruce said he decided to wait and decided to record the interaction with Dawson based on a previous experience with her.
“Abby Dawson has an attitude, that’s why I knew exactly when to record her,” he said.
http://heavy.com/news/2015/05/watch-abby...vin-bruce/

Bruce later shared screen shots of emails dated in Aug. 2014 in which he was corresponding with Dawson about course requirements in the exercise science department. Bruce also posted screen shots of emails dated recently explaining the trouble he has experienced with Dawson to an unknown recipient.
In those emails Bruce says Dawson displayed a pattern of cancelling scheduled meetings, while also indicating he prefers in-person dialogue to email correspondence. Bruce also said he spoke to the department head, JC Bradbury, about all the cancelled meetings and what he thought was insufficient counseling.

http://www.universityherald.com/articles...dvisor.htm

I know a decent number of people that went to Kennesaw..
Personally.. I don't consider it a great school. More like a community college.

They might only graduate 15 percent cause most people transfer to better place like Georgia state or uga

I am the cock carousel