rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Entitled Hamster sues university: I wasn't "accommodated" before failing course

DALLAS TOWNSHIP — A nursing student is suing some Misericordia University officials after she failed to pass a course twice.

Jennifer Burbella of Stroudsburg said school officials failed to abide by federal law.

Burbella was enrolled at Misericordia University in Luzerne County, but her attorney said because of disabilities including anxiety, depression, and stress, she needed help.

[Image: seh6p.gif]

Harry McGrath specializes in education law, representing students, families, teachers, and administrators.

“She has some disabilities and under section 504 of The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1973, you can make certain accommodations, not only in educational setting, but in the workplace, et cetera,” he said.

According to the federal lawsuit, Burbella asked for help including extended time to complete exams, and communication with a professor during a test.

She said Misericordia officials did not follow through on those things, so she failed to pass the required course, not once, but twice.

At one point, according to the lawsuit, Burbella tried to call her professor during the examination. When that professor did not answer, a witness saw Burbella “…on several occasions during the exam…breaking down and crying.”

Picture of her during exam:
[Image: c3d4918220b8b60fd9a617bae2017aa1e0eaff2d...4550bd.jpg]

Misericordia University officials told Newswatch 16, “We do not comment on matters of litigation,” but others are talking about it.

“I think that it’s very important that people get accommodations when they need them, so I think that’s where my mind went first,” said Michelle Berley of Shavertown.

“If you’re going into a medical program that if you need that certain kind of time, my opinion is maybe it’s not for you. I’m doing physical therapy here and I feel like I want to be the best and I want to know that I’m able to do what I need to do in the time frame to be done. That’s how I feel about it,” said Misericordia University student Kevin Collins.

Burbella’s attorney said his client’s disabilities should not keep her from being a nurse.

“I think many people suffer from anxiety, depression, and those types of things who are doctors, lawyers, nurses,” said McGrath.

According to the lawsuit, Burbella is seeking in excess of $75,000 in damages, but her attorney said what she wants more than anything is a chance to take the exam again.

READ: It's not about the money I swear !

“She’s not looking for the university to ordain that she get this degree, she’s looking for a fair opportunity, which the statute provides, to take the exam. If she fails it that’s her own problem and she has to deal with it,” said McGrath.

Burbella is no longer a student at Misericordia University.

[Image: lolwtf.gif]

Comments on FB are gold:
Quote:Quote:

If you can’t handle the anxiety of a test….how you can possibly handle the stress of a patient in dire need of medical attention? This is a joke, the college can’t let someone slide by in a profession where lives are at stake. People with disabilities always ask NOT to be treated differently than others. This should be no different.

She wants to be in one of the most stressful careers out there, yet can’t pass the program and feels entitled to special considerations for… wait for it… anxiety and stress. And now she’s suing because she failed. There has to be a punch line here somewhere. If she was going for her degree in basket weaving, I can understand some considerations for her “disability”… but nursing? Not a chance. Does she expect her patients to give her special considerations to make her job less stressful and let her take more time to provide treatment?

Another spoiled little princess. I have seen kids like this way too often. Mommy and Daddy over-indulge their little princess and give her a pass every time she fails to do her chores etc. She has no coping skills for the real world. What are you going to do when you finally get a job, any job, and your boss is reprimanding you because you messed up? Are you going to call daddy and have him fix it for you sunshine? This is way too pervasive in our society!

And of course the most important question, would you ?
[Image: b8.jpg]

Can't judge her pic because that fierce tiger is triggering me.

Quote: (05-13-2015 01:00 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

And of course the most important question, would you ?
[Image: b8.jpg]

She already looks post-wall smashed but F... [Image: 04a.png]

As for the actual story, seems like a simple case of daddy's little princess bitch being ill-equipped to handle the real world after being placed on the pedestal her whole life, like most women these days. If anything she needs to sue her parents instead, they've obviously failed at parenting.

I can't admit I'm dumb - I'll just sue the University for failing me.

Sound logic.

In all seriousness, I blame the father. She could have endured years of shrieking feminists telling her she could be anything she wanted to be, it's the world's duty to cater to her, and any of her failures can be blamed on external factors, if only daddy had guided her properly.

If civilization had been left in female hands we would still be living in grass huts. - Camille Paglia

Quote: (05-13-2015 01:23 PM)CH-Toronto Wrote:  

I can't admit I'm dumb - I'll just sue the University for failing me.

Sound logic.

Well she is dumb, so logic is not possible for her [Image: biggrin.gif]

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

I really despair at the continued unabated expansion of the entitlement society.

If (when) shit hits the fan and the borrowed time (and money) society has been living on the last 50 years finally runs out, I anticipate that people like her who believe they are owed their whole lives on a platter will simply throw themselves off buildings en masse rather than lift one finger to attempt to contribute or fend for themselves.

That said, WB under an assumed name and then skip town.

She could not take a test, yet expects to go thru nursing school? As a privileged friend of a male nurse, all I can say is HAHAHAHAHAHA, OMG.
I really dislike, intensely, people without genetic disorders, who banter about with words such as,"disability." Their bathos, and their flag bearers, make life for the rest of us with one, difficult.
For one, Ive had a friend ( same disability type as mine ) who suffered from traumas that would make a grown man cry, who never complained. Not even when her own father was stalking her, to KILL her. And rape her. Again.
Because of these weaklings, real people with disability are not taken seriously- in trials, in getting medication, in being seen as truthful to extent of their issues.
She couldn't even get medication.

But still, HAHAHAHAHAHA, nursing school!!!! Nursing!!!!Oh, it hurts to laugh!!!

One can hope.

Does she not realize that employers now routinely Google prospective hires' names? She has just made herself unemployable for likely the rest of her life.

Quote: (05-13-2015 06:03 PM)Carlos100 Wrote:  

Does she not realize that employers now routinely Google prospective hires' names? She has just made herself unemployable for likely the rest of her life.

They'll think, what's next, she'll sue our company for not getting a promotion or for sexual harassment ?

Proper way to of done this is go to the dean or the school board THEN go to a lawyer, sue to retake the exam, then get laughed out of the courtroom.

she probably should not have been in school if she is breaking down during exams and crying, she should be working and seeing a shrink and getting a handle on these sorts of emotional probably until she is in a good mindset to finish school. I want to laugh at her but this is more sad than anything else, hope she loses her lawsuit though.

WBAWUATAL

Would Bang And Use Anxiety Tears As Lube

The slippery slope strikes again.

WNFHRITP

Per Ardua Ad Astra | "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum"

Cobra and I did some awesome podcasts with awesome fellow members.

Universities are FILLED with chicks (and dudes) like this. A bunch of entitled fags who are just there to goof off for 4+ years...then complain that they can't find a job and their student debt is unfair.

Fuck every last one of them.

WB.