rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I wake up at 6am every day

Doesn't matter if I go to bed at 11pm or 2am, I wake up at 6am every day, which is pretty annoying.

Anyone else have this, knows how to get rid of this???

I'm in my early 30s, hardly drink any caffeine (no caffeine after 3pm), hardly any alcohol, and diet is fairly healthy (don't eat late at night).

Cheers

Detective Rust Cohle: "All the dick swagger you roll, you can't spot crazy pussy?"

What's the problem? Do you have good energy levels during the day? If so, great.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

I'm with you. I long for the days I was able to sleep until midday. I think it's age-related as many guys my age (mid thirties) have reported the same thing.

Quote: (03-14-2015 07:36 AM)RawGod Wrote:  

What's the problem? Do you have good energy levels during the day? If so, great.

Yeah me too I see this as a good thing! Can you elaborate on why you perceive this to be a problem?

Quote: (03-14-2015 07:42 AM)Captain Gh Wrote:  

Quote: (03-14-2015 07:36 AM)RawGod Wrote:  

Yeah me too I see this as a good thing! Can you elaborate on why you perceive this to be a problem?

If I go out, stay out late, come home and fall asleep at 3am, then wake up at 6.30am, I will have only slept for 3.5 hours, therefore tired all day, i.e. not a good thing

Detective Rust Cohle: "All the dick swagger you roll, you can't spot crazy pussy?"

How long has this been going on? If not longer than a few weeks, no need for alarm.
How did it start? Did you fuck up your sleeping order at some point by staying up all night and going to sleep at noon? If yes, this is just your body trying to get it back.
Do you work out? If not, start an intense program.
Do you see the sunrise and wake up? Or do you wake up in the middle of the dark? If the former, install blinds in your window.
Are you having sex? If not, do it just before you fall asleep. Or masturbate.
If none of this works, you can try sleeping pills.

That's your circadian rhythm. You're anchored to 6am. I always have to wake up to use the toilet at that time. If I move time zones, I still wake up at that time albeit adjusted locally to where ever i'm at.

You can try smoking a bowl, taking a hot shower, and masturbating/sexy time to put yourself back asleep. Those always do the trick for me.

3.5 hours is a full REM sleep cycle. You can get through a full cycle on only one albeit you'll be groggy a bit.

It's a sign saying you should go to bed early, get up early, and be more productive [Image: wink.gif]

Just go to bed earlier. I wake up at 5 am these days. Usually with an alarm clock, but if I forget to set it, I wake up anyways.

I just make sure I get to bed at a reasonable hour.

I could see how it'd be annoying if you like going out late at night a lot, but if you're trying to get things done, it's killer.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Quote: (03-14-2015 07:40 AM)Horus Wrote:  

I'm with you. I long for the days I was able to sleep until midday. I think it's age-related as many guys my age (mid thirties) have reported the same thing.

Its probably just he's been used to doing this for some time. I'm the same way, but I've been doing this since I was in elementary school (to catch the bus at 7am) then when I went to college I kept waking up super early so I took 8am classes, then when I graduated I had to be at work by 8:30am, I pretty much wake up 5:30-6:00am every day without an alarm clock. When I don't have work My body gets sleepy at around 10pm.

Just roll with it.

Isaiah 4:1

I used to have this problem. It was absolutely terrible because I like to go out at nights and end up going to bed late, but waking up very early every morning regardless of what time I went to bed. For me it was always around 7am.

There are two things I can suggest that helped me and now I can sleep past the early mornings if I want to, albeit it does take some effort. First is not necessarily a direct trick, but when I work out/exercise consistently I sleep for longer durations and have deeper sleep.

But second, and the more important trick I've incorporated, is finding a way to go back to sleep when I wake up. I still usually get up between 6-8am and have to take a piss or just wake up and lay there, but I FORCE myself to go back to sleep.

The question was how though. I could not figure it out for a long time, I would try to just lay there until I fell asleep but unfortunately the sleep would never come and I would just keep laying there. Like most people, my mind would start to think and ponder anything and everything preventing me from falling back asleep again. I'd put on a show I enjoyed, but then I would get into it and not want to fall asleep.

Finally I figured it out. The trick is to distract your mind for just long enough that your natural tiredness would take over and let you fall back asleep. For me, this was putting on a semi-boring youtube video on a volume just high enough where I could make out about 75% of the conversation. Enough to engage my mind and distract me from my thoughts, but not enough where I would hear every word and then be too distracted by that video to fall asleep.

This happened to me this morning actually, went to bed at 2am and woke up at 7am. Put on Real Time w/ Bill Maher at that 75% volume, got through the first 10-15 minutes of the monologue and some discussions (mind distracted), last thing I remember is they start talking about the Hilary email scandal and poof off to sleep I go. I wake up about 90 minutes later much more refreshed than had I stayed awake at only 5 hours of sleep.

It's a band-aid fix but it works for me. Usually I put on that Neil Degrasse Tyson guy giving a speech on Cspan or something and I'm out in 10 minutes. The only other thing that's worked for me is hungover morning sex with a girl next to me, but that can't be counted on at all times.

It's a terrible curse we have, but for now this method has been working for me. Best of luck.

Some good tips here I'm going to try out. I also wake up around the same time every day. Have been doing this for at least 20 years I think.

My issue is I wake up often in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. Some kind of insomnia. Doesn't happen all the time, but annoying when it does.

Two things that have helped me:

1) White noise. I downloaded a free app to my iPad and have it play rain drops. There are numerous types of white noise to select from and it's much better if you play your iPad through an amp of some kind. I use a cheap set of Logitech computer speakers. It also drowns out the neighbors next door.

2) Tell yourself you must not fall asleep. Sounds counter-intuitive, but every have something important like an interview or exam the next morning that you are anxious about? The thought that goes through my mind then is, "I MUST go to sleep, if I don't it will be terrible." So I flip it around and pretend I must stay awake at all costs. It's worked! Not all the time, but it has.

Thanks guys - some great advice

I'm not spanking it these days so that's not an option for me unfortunately hahaha

Melatonin, 5mg, 1 hr before sleep. It's sold over the counter.

Workout and take ZMA. There is a thread on ZMA and it's benefits.

Just start using it on a weekend first. The first few times can really knock you out.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Circadian rhythm is based generally on light so if you can darken your room (use black electrical tape on flashing lights, make sure the blinds are blocking out all light, and avoid using a computer to close to sleeping) or wear a sleep mask at night you might get better sleep.

I've tried melatonin before. It didn't do anything for me.

I second the sleeping mask. They work.

I can't get out of bed before noon. I fucking hate it. My whole life I was an early riser with tons of energy. As of a few years ago i sleep 8-10 hours and I'm still groggy when I wake up and have very little energy all day.

I swear I have fucking cancer. Somethings wrong with me.

Quote: (03-14-2015 04:10 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

I can't get out of bed before noon. I fucking hate it. My whole life I was an early riser with tons of energy. As of a few years ago i sleep 8-10 hours and I'm still groggy when I wake up and have very little energy all day.

I swear I have fucking cancer. Somethings wrong with me.

Rio: I'd suggest getting yourself checked for Sleep Apnea, particularly if you're a bigger / muscular guy. It's diagnosed by spending a night in a sleep clinic, wired up to collect data. A mate of mine was diagnosed last year: his sleep interruptions were happening twice a second. The guy was death on legs. Now he sleeps with a mask and is back to his old self.

Sleep apnea usually affects fatties. The weight of the neck fat pushes down on the wind pipes I remember correctly.

And here I am trying to start that habit.

Quote: (03-14-2015 04:57 PM)kbell Wrote:  

Sleep apnea usually affects fatties. The weight of the neck fat pushes down on the wind pipes I remember correctly.

No, it's a known issue with bodybuilders. My own 19.5 inch neck measurement vs. my under 6 ft height puts me in the danger zone, so it's an issue I've been paying attention to. My mate was falling asleep at his work desk, and freaking out the office girls, and you would swear he was the healthiest bull in the paddock to look at him.

I don't know Rio's size, but, given his symptoms, it's a possibility if he has some bulk on him. Rio: if you're jacked, seriously look into it, especially in the absence of any other positive test results.

Too rushed this end to go into more detail, but articles on it are easy to find:

Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Bodybuilding

Hope you turn up something.

"Severely overweight, middle-aged men are the classic cases"

From the article.

I may have to get tested since I believe my neck is still over 17". I don't like the idea of using a CPAP device though, my mouth gets dry as it is wearing a mouthguard at night.

If you have dark circles under your eyes and are feeling off a bit with caffeine and alcohol you may have problems with your adrenals. And it's a bitch to fix.