rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Christian" pastor Rob Bell tells Oprah the church will soon go gay

Saw this on facebook. Rob Bell, who has previously implied (as a supposed Christian) that hell doesn't exist, tells Oprah that the church should abandon its beliefs so it can support same-sex marriage.

http://christiannews.net/2015/02/18/rob-...-marriage/

[Image: Bell-701x394.jpg]

Quote:Quote:

“One of the oldest aches in the bones of humanity is loneliness,” Rob Bell replied. “Loneliness is not good for the world. Whoever you are, gay or straight, it is totally normal, natural and healthy to want someone to go through life with. It’s central to our humanity. We want someone to go on the journey with.”

“When is the Church going to get that?” Oprah asked.

“We’re close,” he responded.

“I think it’s evolving,” Bell’s wife interjected.

“Lots of people are already there,” Bell added. “We think it’s inevitable and we’re moments away from the Church accepting it.”

He asserted that the Church will “continue to be even more irrelevant” if it continues to cite the Bible’s prohibitions on homosexual behavior.

“I think culture is already there, and the Church will continue to be even more irrelevant when it quotes letters from 2,000 years ago as their best defense,” Bell said, “when you have in front of you flesh-and-blood people who are your brothers and sisters, and aunts and uncles, and co-workers and neighbors, and they love each other and just want to go through life.”

Imagine me calling myself a PUA, and then telling Anita Sarkeesian in an interview that the manosphere will soon embrace marrying single moms without a pre-nup, and that reading Roosh's books is "making us irrelevant". Religion or belief aside, he comes off to me as a complete snake.

I remember this guy. Once a term in high school they'd make us sit in the school chapel for an hour and watch a clip of his because on paper we were Anglican (what'd you call Episcopalian in America) and the Reverend couldn't give a sermon for shit.

His church may not be gay just yet, but he's dressed like a faggot and he's always had a punchable face, so it might as well be.

Does he mean every Christain denomination here? Including Catholics? What type of Christian is this guy?

Quote: (02-19-2015 11:37 AM)komatiite Wrote:  

Does he mean every Christain denomination here? Including Catholics? What type of Christian is this guy?

I guess he means all denominations. I haven't heard of him belonging to any particular one, though.

Quick fun fact: The church he started is called Mars Hill Bible Church, almost exactly the same name as Mars Hill Church, where the famous "man-up and marry a single mom" pastor Mark Driscoll used to preach.

This is why more and more people are leaving evangelical Christianity for Classical Anglicanism, Lutheranism, Roman Catholicism, Orthodoxy, and other liturgical forms of worship. Of course, mainstream Anglicanism/Episcopalianism has gone to shit, but there is still a very large conservative group with the Church (the global south). First of all, humans are ritualistic creatures, and they realize that the praise band or four white walls and a 3 hour sermon bullshit are not at all beneficial to the spirit.

The False Prophet type. What else? Oprah just wants validation to further spread feminist social Marxism dysfunction. Maybe she can drop her straight act and come out and get married to Gaye with this loser as the one doing the vows.

Only thing missing is a blood sacrifice with a goats head and a devil horns salute. If only the enemy ever worked that bluntly. Satan is called the Great Deceiver for a reason. Look at how pretty that set is and how they want to make something so wicked, carnal, and destructive look warm, pleasant, and inviting. The first person he tricked was a woman for reasons we all know why. It's time men stand for what's right and refuse to allow these unhinged people any room to gain foothold wise in the hearts and minds of any more men.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

The Evangelical "non-demoninational megachurch" aka how to make mega bucks in religion kind. Perhaps he thinks letting gays in is good for business?

I lived in Grand Rapids a total of 4 years and never once set foot inside of Rob Bell's church, despite attending some service once a week the entire time I lived there.

Oddly, while I love big cities, I don't care much for big churches. Bell's is big...very big.

To some degree, I respect his beliefs. He's shaped his belief around how the New Testament describes God, not based on the questionable contents of the Old Testament or suspect church traditional.

That being said, I'm sure if I bothered to look closer, I'm confident I'd find some gapping holes in his belief system.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (02-19-2015 11:54 AM)Suits Wrote:  

I lived in Grand Rapids a total of 4 years and never once set foot inside of Rob Bell's church, despite attending some service once a week the entire time I lived there.

Oddly, while I love big cities, I don't care much for big churches. Bell's is big...very big.

To some degree, I respect his beliefs. He's shaped his belief around how the New Testament describes God, not based on the questionable contents of the Old Testament or suspect church traditional.

That being said, I'm sure if I bothered to look closer, I'm confident I'd find some gapping holes in his belief system.

The New Testament establishes a church tradition.

1 Corinthians 11:2:
Now I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain
the traditions even as I delivered them to you.

2 Thessalonians 2:15:
So then, brothers, stand firm, and cling to the traditions that you
were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by our letter.

2 Thessalonians 3:6:
Now we command you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that
you keep away from any brother who is walking in idleness and not in
accord with the tradition that you received from us.

Isn't that why all Christians built a relationship with God, so they have somebody to put faith into at all times?

The word "interject" tells all, the wife sensed Bell straying and leashed him back in.

Oprah and his wife have this man under surveillance, daring Bell to say anything of his own agency. The man's legs are crossed (paralleled to his wife exactly), leaned into his wife and also motioning his hand to desperately elaborate. The wife's position is self-actualized: torso facing Oprah while growling downward her husband. Finally, Oprah's torso is facing the wife and not flashing her trademark smile. The wife and Oprah are in cahoots while Bell is trying to wedge himself into approval.

I don't see a showmanship or grandiose about him, not the work of the devil. He's at mercy to changing tides, not a trailblazer.

Most definitely this:

[Image: 2054877-jane_kaczmarek_simpsons_constanc...mitmvc.jpg]

And not this:

[Image: latest?cb=20130720162654]

How about referring to the core doctrinal books of the New Testament (the Pauline epistles) as "letters from 2,000 years ago"? That's basically equivalent to writing off the four books of the Gospel as "fairy tales of the mythical Jesus". You can't hold either of those viewpoints while still credibly calling yourself a Christian. The Bible is either the word of God or it isn't. We don't get to pick and choose the things we like from it while ignoring the teachings we find inconvenient or offensive to modern liberal sensibilities.

TravelerKai is exactly right. This guy is not a Christian. He is literally an anti-Christ (small a). He's leading people away from the truth and toward destruction. Christians who have actually read their Bibles have received plenty of warning about false teachers of this type:

2 Timothy 4:3-4

For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.

2 Corinthians 11:13-15

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

2 Peter 2:1-3

But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

1 John 4:1-6

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already. Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them.

Romans 16:17

I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them

2 John 1:7-11

For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh. Such a one is the deceiver and the antichrist. Watch yourselves, so that you may not lose what we have worked for, but may win a full reward. Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.

Matthew 7:15

Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Quote: (02-19-2015 12:03 PM)Krusyos Wrote:  

Yes, there has been church tradition that originates from the Bible.

Then there is the church tradition that is "suspect." You could even say that it is "suspect church tradition." It is suspect in that it is "suspicious" or in that it could be "suspected."

Unlike church tradition that finds its source in the Bible, the suspect church tradition is suspected or suspicious, because it originated from no where.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (02-19-2015 12:34 PM)Suits Wrote:  

Then there is the church tradition that is "suspect." You could even say that it is "suspect church tradition." It is suspect in that it is "suspicious" or in that it could be "suspected."

Unlike church tradition that finds its source in the Bible, the suspect church tradition is suspected or suspicious, because it originated from no where.

We agree then. Random shit like making The Virgin Mary sinless.

Quote: (02-19-2015 11:23 AM)SirTimothy Wrote:  

Saw this on facebook. Rob Bell, who has previously implied (as a supposed Christian) that hell doesn't exist, tells Oprah that the church should abandon its beliefs so it can support same-sex marriage.

“One of the oldest aches in the bones of humanity is loneliness,” Rob Bell replied. “Loneliness is not good for the world. Whoever you are, gay or straight, it is totally normal, natural and healthy to want someone to go through life with. It’s central to our humanity. We want someone to go on the journey with.”

“Lots of people are already there,” Bell added. “We think it’s inevitable and we’re moments away from the Church accepting it.”

He asserted that the Church will “continue to be even more irrelevant” if it continues to cite the Bible’s prohibitions on homosexual behavior.

“I think culture is already there, and the Church will continue to be even more irrelevant when it quotes letters from 2,000 years ago as their best defense,” Bell said, “when you have in front of you flesh-and-blood people who are your brothers and sisters, and aunts and uncles, and co-workers and neighbors, and they love each other and just want to go through life.”

Imagine me calling myself a PUA, and then telling Anita Sarkeesian in an interview that the manosphere will soon embrace marrying single moms without a pre-nup, and that reading Roosh's books is "making us irrelevant". Religion or belief aside, he comes off to me as a complete snake.

First off, obvious poofter is obvious.

[Image: oie_YYBkhuiti9w_G.gif]

His wife is just "moments away" from finding out her husband believes God told him to get bummed by strange burly men at truck stops.

[Image: Rob_Bell_2011_Shankbone.jpg]

There is a phenomenon known as "gay face". This guy has it.

[Image: look-mittens_o_364376.jpg]

Secondly, I'm not a theologian and I don't know if God exists or not.

But I do know this: if there is a God, He is not a giant cosmic pussy.

The God who created the inconceivable violence of the Big Bang, the atom-shredding, time-devouring horror of a black hole, the infinite majesty of the universe in all its strangeness and splendour... He's not some hipster faggot on high.

[Image: Galaxy_background.jpg]
Not made by some hand-wringing hippy queef

The God who made the Earth and allowed 99% of species that ever lived on it to become extinct is not someone you ever want to fuck with.

[Image: dinosaur_asteroid.jpg]
God trolling the dinosaurs IRL

If there is a God, He is the ultimate Alpha, the Smiter of Worlds, the Final Boss of Creation.

[Image: Emperor_of_Mankind_by_genzoman.jpg]
The Little Dark of Deities

"Pastor" Rob can bounce up and down on his buttplug and hamsterise all he wants, but he'd better hope God doesn't exist. Because if He does, Rob's just pissing Him off.

[Image: hujum.jpg]

Quote: (02-19-2015 12:32 PM)scorpion Wrote:  

How about referring to the core doctrinal books of the New Testament (the Pauline epistles) as "letters from 2,000 years ago"? That's basically equivalent to writing off the four books of the Gospel as "fairy tales of the mythical Jesus". You can't hold either of those viewpoints while still credibly calling yourself a Christian. The Bible is either the word of God or it isn't. We don't get to pick and choose the things we like from it while ignoring the teachings we find inconvenient or offensive to modern liberal sensibilities.

That's a much bigger problem.

However, I have more respect for someone who writes off the whole Bible than the Christians who pick and chose based on convenience.

At least ignoring the entire Bible is consistent.

The picking and choosing is the highest form of hypocrisy.

I want to be clear, however, I'm only marginally familiar with his views and I'm certainly not defending him in any way.

But given how I've seen Christians contort the Bible to fit their pre-established beliefs, I'd give Bell a bit more benefit of the doubt simply because the small portion of his belief system that I am familiar with lines up better with the Biblical interpretation that I've listened to Bible translation experts (PhDs) endorse far more than any of the interpretation I've heard in any churches recently coming from pastors (who went to a domination specific Bible college for three years before graduating the indoctrination process).

However, there are just a few very unestablished thoughts that I have on the matter and I'm sure there are other members here who are much more knowledgeable on the topic.

I'd like to see what they have to say about this, as I'd be interested in learning more.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Never going to happen. The people that go to church consistently are the ones who are family values oriented and don't put up with this.

In 2009 the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA) decided to start letting women and gays become pastors. That immediately led to a rapid decline with over 600 congregations abandoning the denomination and joining groups that respect what the scripture says.

From this article, every major church that embraces liberalization of the clergy and scripture has experienced a massive decline.
http://thefederalist.com/2014/08/21/how-...easy-step/

The bible has a great parable describing such an effect:

18In the morning, as he was returning to the city, he became hungry. 19And seeing a fig tree by the wayside, he went to it and found nothing on it but only leaves. And he said to it, “May no fruit ever come from you again!” And the fig tree withered at once.

20When the disciples saw it, they marveled, saying, “How did the fig tree wither at once?” 21And Jesus answered them, “Truly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ it will happen. 22And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”

I always interpreted this as a warning for churches who fail to bear the fruit of the bible. If you're not producing for God's glory then your time is limited. In this case, these church's time is limited.

In short, liberalization kills churches.

Quote: (02-19-2015 12:38 PM)Krusyos Wrote:  

Quote: (02-19-2015 12:34 PM)Suits Wrote:  

We agree then. Random shit like making The Virgin Mary sinless.

Yes, we absolutely agree.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (02-19-2015 12:38 PM)SteveMcMahon Wrote:  

Quote: (02-19-2015 11:23 AM)SirTimothy Wrote:  

First off, obvious poofter is obvious.

[Image: oie_YYBkhuiti9w_G.gif]

His wife is just "moments away" from finding out her husband believes God told him to get bummed by strange burly men at truck stops.

[Image: Rob_Bell_2011_Shankbone.jpg]

There is a phenomenon known as "gay face". This guy has it.

[Image: look-mittens_o_364376.jpg]

Secondly, I'm not a theologian and I don't know if God exists or not.

But I do know this: if there is a God, He is not a giant cosmic pussy.

The God who created the inconceivable violence of the Big Bang, the atom-shredding, time-devouring horror of a black hole, the infinite majesty of the universe in all its strangeness and splendour... He's not some hipster faggot on high.

[Image: Galaxy_background.jpg]
Not made by some hand-wringing hippy queef

The God who made the Earth and allowed 99% of species that ever lived on it to become extinct is not someone you ever want to fuck with.

[Image: dinosaur_asteroid.jpg]
God trolling the dinosaurs IRL

If there is a God, He is the ultimate Alpha, the Smiter of Worlds, the Final Boss of Creation.

[Image: Emperor_of_Mankind_by_genzoman.jpg]
The Little Dark of Deities

"Pastor" Rob can bounce up and down on his buttplug and hamsterise all he wants, but he'd better hope God doesn't exist. Because if He does, Rob's just pissing Him off.

[Image: hujum.jpg]

As a matter of fact, let's just cut to the chase and start calling God "Little Dark."

I love it.

This guy has got it all wrong. The bible and the church are fixed doctrines...and for good reason. Jesus isn't revisiting every 6 months to update the language to something more 'hip'.

He speaks as if humanity is the anchor and the church must chase its whims and trends to become relevant. Like Jesus gets anxiety attacks if people defriend him on facebook, I'm sure he's yelling at Uriel right now saying "Have you seen our social media reports?! Get some sponsored posts up there stat!"

Its the reverse.

The church, and scripture is the static anchor and humanity ebbs and flows around it. If churches are being abandoned and bulldozed because no one attends them anymore, its a barometer of how off axis society has become, not the other way around.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Although Rob Bell isn't right about Christ, he is right about the churches going gay.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/gay-catholic-g...06499.html

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - A prominent American Catholic gay rights group was given VIP treatment for the first time at an audience with Pope Francis on Wednesday, a move members saw as a sign of change in the Roman Catholic Church.
"This is a sign of movement that's due to the Francis effect," said Sister Jeannine Gramick, co-founder of New Ways Ministry, which ministers to homosexual Catholics and promotes gay rights in the 1.2 billion-member Church.
Gramick and executive director Francis DeBernardo led a pilgrimage of 50 homosexual Catholics to the audience in St. Peter's Square.
They told Reuters in an interview afterwards that when the group came to Rome on Catholic pilgrimages during the papacies of Francis's predecessors John Paul and Benedict, "they just ignored us".
This time, a U.S. bishop and a top Vatican official backed their request and they sat in a front section with dignitaries and special Catholic groups. As the pope passed, they sang "All Are Welcome," a hymn symbolizing their desire for a more inclusive Church.

The Catholic church has been a harbor for faggot clergy and faggots alike for centuries. I wonder how much more damage they can do to their standing worldwide? He may be able to even lose South America and the Philippines if this keeps up.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (02-19-2015 01:33 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Although Rob Bell isn't right about Christ, he is right about the churches going gay.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/gay-catholic-g...06499.html

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - A prominent American Catholic gay rights group was given VIP treatment for the first time at an audience with Pope Francis on Wednesday, a move members saw as a sign of change in the Roman Catholic Church.
"This is a sign of movement that's due to the Francis effect," said Sister Jeannine Gramick, co-founder of New Ways Ministry, which ministers to homosexual Catholics and promotes gay rights in the 1.2 billion-member Church.
Gramick and executive director Francis DeBernardo led a pilgrimage of 50 homosexual Catholics to the audience in St. Peter's Square.
They told Reuters in an interview afterwards that when the group came to Rome on Catholic pilgrimages during the papacies of Francis's predecessors John Paul and Benedict, "they just ignored us".
This time, a U.S. bishop and a top Vatican official backed their request and they sat in a front section with dignitaries and special Catholic groups. As the pope passed, they sang "All Are Welcome," a hymn symbolizing their desire for a more inclusive Church.

The Catholic church has been a harbor for faggot clergy and faggots alike for centuries. I wonder how much more damage they can do to their standing worldwide? He may be able to even lose South America and the Philippines if this keeps up.

This documentary showed some of that...

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/...e-vatican/

including gay priests giving private "masses" mixed with homosexual acts

If only you knew how bad things really are.

If this pandering to the gay lobby keeps up, in ten years (or less) we will see the Catholic church holding hands not only with feminists (which they now do), but mandating drag queens for priests! I'm pretty sure the New Testament commands that no woman shall have ANY position of authority over a man in the church. Well we can see how that turned out.

And now they want queers leading the flock??

Sodom and Gomorrah no doubt had their own cult of this kind of heresy but it didn't work out too well for them in the end.

As with so many other topics, there is a better discussion of Christian theology and the state of the church in this forum than on almost any other forum or comment section you can name on the internet, period.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

I know dick about the Bible or religion. I've been to church four times my entire life, and supposedly my family is Catholic? I went twice to Mormon church where they had a special guest speaker who told us that "Kane killed Abel, so god turned Kane's skin black, and that's why there's Negros in the world today". The other two times I went to Church of the Nazarene, which had some of the worst behaved fucking kids in our school and super shady people all around. One of those times I went because they were giving away free pizza and my friend talked me into going with him.

So, pardon my ignorance on the Bible, but isn't it God's word? So this guy is literally saying that God's word is incorrect? Wouldn't that be blasphemy? I don't think this shit makes any sense...

Quote: (02-20-2015 07:17 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

I know dick about the Bible or religion. I've been to church four times my entire life, and supposedly my family is Catholic? I went twice to Mormon church where they had a special guest speaker who told us that "Kane killed Abel, so god turned Kane's skin black, and that's why there's Negros in the world today". The other two times I went to Church of the Nazarene, which had some of the worst behaved fucking kids in our school and super shady people all around. One of those times I went because they were giving away free pizza and my friend talked me into going with him.

So, pardon my ignorance on the Bible, but isn't it God's word? So this guy is literally saying that God's word is incorrect? Wouldn't that be blasphemy? I don't think this shit makes any sense...

Correct. Outright blasphemy. Even those Mormons you visited won't do that. They just created additional "bibles" or books to supplement that those fucked up (a wrong) views they told you. They think the Bible is incomplete and the Book of Mormon has the rest.

Actually... most other kinds of Christians do not actually regard Mormons as Christians either, for reasons of blasphemy. Jehovah's Witnesses? Yes. Mormons? No. Why? Well basically because they have that completely fictitious Book of Mormon and call the Bible incomplete.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.