rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

American Sniper Workout?

American Sniper Workout?

I've been searching on the internet but I still couldn't find out how Bradley Cooper went through this transformation. He put on 40 pounds in 10 weeks, eating 5000 calories a day. This is all I could find
Quote:Quote:

They trained twice a day. In the first workout, beginning at 5 a.m., they focused on structural exercises like deadlifts and squats to build a foundation solid enough to hold the extra mass. The second workout, late in the afternoon, was more focused on traditional muscle-building exercises. Cooper needed both types of training to convincingly portray Chris Kyle.

This is my goal for my body. I'm not interested in getting ripped, I only wanna bulk up like a bear. Even if I can't be like him, I think if I do some similar exercises to what he did, I will be on the right track that leads to my goal.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of specific exercises he might have done to become this? Feel free to speculate.

[Image: menJZ2v.jpg]
[Image: PwrOXfv.jpg]

American Sniper Workout?

Quote: (01-31-2015 01:59 PM)turkishcandy Wrote:  

He put on 40 pounds in 10 weeks, eating 5000 calories a day.

They trained twice a day. In the first workout, beginning at 5 a.m., they focused on structural exercises like deadlifts and squats to build a foundation solid enough to hold the extra mass. The second workout, late in the afternoon, was more focused on traditional muscle-building exercises. Cooper needed both types of training to convincingly portray Chris Kyle.

The answer to your question is in your post.

American Sniper Workout?

Quote: (01-31-2015 02:32 PM)Biz Wrote:  

Quote: (01-31-2015 01:59 PM)turkishcandy Wrote:  

He put on 40 pounds in 10 weeks, eating 5000 calories a day.

The answer to your question is in your post.

''Muscle building exercises'' is not an answer to my question. I'm asking, which ones, how many sets etc.

American Sniper Workout?

To workout like an American Sniper you just need to workout your trigger finger. No more than 2-3 lbs of pull at a time.

American Sniper Workout?

Looks like one of the few Hollywood actors who may* have gained size naturally. His muscle building exercises are the same ones everyone else uses.

If I were you I would follow the ICF 5x5 or Body of a Spartan. Eat a lot and you will look something like he does.

American Sniper Workout?

Come on, OP, you can't be serious.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=American+sniper+workout

First result.

Even though I doubt some of the articles claims, your answers are right there.

American Sniper Workout?

http://www.t-nation.com/workouts/america...er-workout

This appears to be exactly what he did, by the guys/colleagues of the guys who trained him. They are obviously pushing their own products, but it's probably a legit breakdown of what he did.

American Sniper Workout?

Shit, for some reason the title was pink instead of blue, as in 'read'. Maybe I checked before and they updated later. Believe me, if I was that lazy I wouldn't bother writing the OP and adding my own screen shot from the movie. Anyway, my bad.

Thanks for the help.

American Sniper Workout?

I would say I look somewhat like that. (It's not a good look, personally...) I have bigger shoulders but also more torso fat because I wasn't lean enough when I started. I'm losing it slowly.

Just do Starting Strength if you want that. You'll have better results the leaner you are at the start.

40 lbs. over the course of a year would be a better way to go. Bradley Cooper was probably fairly ripped when he started, so he could get away with gaining at such a fast rate and adding all that fat. As you can see it messes up your face, though.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

American Sniper Workout?

It looks like a standard frat guy build (the bradley c. photo you posted) benches, curls, and shoulder shrugs and doesn't take care about diet or booze.

Shouldn't be that hard...?

American Sniper Workout?

Quote: (01-31-2015 04:02 PM)H1N1 Wrote:  

This appears to be exactly what he did, by the guys/colleagues of the guys who trained him. They are obviously pushing their own products, but it's probably a legit breakdown of what he did.

That T Nation article made me laugh. They are just pimping their own snake oil and trying to pretend one way of working out is clearly superior to another. And of course that the key to getting a little bit extra is to buy their special supplements. Also, I can guarantee you that him getting photographed with those bottles was intentional and just marketing for their bullshit. It is not necessary, 99.99%+ of supplements are bullshit and unnecessary. They are a waste of money that not only do not help improve your gains, but can do damage to your health. And tons of different workout styles can accomplish the same thing.
Here is what you need to gain lots of mass abnormally/unnaturally quickly, like he did:
1. Lots of food, preferably whole food, clean protein from real food not craptastic powders, along with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables instead of bullshit supplement pills.
2. Lots of training, working muscle groups more than once a week, using correct form. Not being a pussy about really pushing yourself, but also knowing when to stop to avoid over training and injury. It doesn't really matter which program/routine/muscle split you use as long as you are working hard and focusing.
3. Lots of rest. You grow when you sleep.
4. Testosterone. The real supplement that massively increases protein synthesis. If anything grows muscle like magic, this is it. Of course, like anything powerful, done improperly it can cause real harm.

"Me llaman el desaparecido
Que cuando llega ya se ha ido
Volando vengo, volando voy
Deprisa deprisa a rumbo perdido"

American Sniper Workout?

I would say any bulking program based around the big three that gets a typical guy benching 4 plates, squatting 6, and pulling 8 will do it. Plus, growing a beard.

American Sniper Workout?

German Volume Training and all the fastfood delivery joints on speed dial.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

American Sniper Workout?

Quote: (01-31-2015 08:29 PM)VolandoVengoVolandoVoy Wrote:  

Quote: (01-31-2015 04:02 PM)H1N1 Wrote:  

That T Nation article made me laugh. They are just pimping their own snake oil and trying to pretend one way of working out is clearly superior to another. And of course that the key to getting a little bit extra is to buy their special supplements. Also, I can guarantee you that him getting photographed with those bottles was intentional and just marketing for their bullshit. It is not necessary, 99.99%+ of supplements are bullshit and unnecessary. They are a waste of money that not only do not help improve your gains, but can do damage to your health. And tons of different workout styles can accomplish the same thing.
Here is what you need to gain lots of mass abnormally/unnaturally quickly, like he did:
1. Lots of food, preferably whole food, clean protein from real food not craptastic powders, along with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables instead of bullshit supplement pills.
2. Lots of training, working muscle groups more than once a week, using correct form. Not being a pussy about really pushing yourself, but also knowing when to stop to avoid over training and injury. It doesn't really matter which program/routine/muscle split you use as long as you are working hard and focusing.
3. Lots of rest. You grow when you sleep.
4. Testosterone. The real supplement that massively increases protein synthesis. If anything grows muscle like magic, this is it. Of course, like anything powerful, done improperly it can cause real harm.

Naw, Biotest supplements are legit and in the states they don't charge shipping. Actually most of what you said is in a lot of their articles.

American Sniper Workout?

Biotest supplements may be *legit* but what does that really mean in regards to supplements. One thing if for sure and that is they are absolutely overpriced and not needed. The prices to run Biotest supplements at the required doses costs more than running actual testosterone.

American Sniper Workout?

Steroids.

/thread

American Sniper Workout?

He looks like a normal dirty bulk looks like
about 25lbs of the 40 is fat.

Whole milk and Big Macs will add those extra 2k calories a day mostly fat calories easy.

I went from 190 to 225 in a short period, yeah I kept
getting stronger but most of it was fat like this photo.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

American Sniper Workout?

He just looks fat

American Sniper Workout?

Quote: (01-31-2015 09:48 PM)alexdagr81 Wrote:  

Naw, Biotest supplements are legit and in the states they don't charge shipping. Actually most of what you said is in a lot of their articles.

No, they are not.
They are designed to do one thing - make money.
And they are very, very effective at doing that.
I guarantee you they spend significantly more money, time, and attention designing the labels of their products than the actual products themselves.
And the actual "products"? Composed of generic ingredients sourced at the lowest possible cost from China. Definitely their lowest cost factor.
For every 100 dollars some sucker spends on their snake oil, here is what I would estimate the breakdown to be:
30 dollars distributor cost
30 dollars marketing cost
30 dollars profit
5 dollars administrative costs
3 dollars ingredient cost
2 dollars "research" (cherry picking bullshit, and strategically placing bullshit to be later quoted in their own forums, and portrayed as established research)

"Me llaman el desaparecido
Que cuando llega ya se ha ido
Volando vengo, volando voy
Deprisa deprisa a rumbo perdido"

American Sniper Workout?

Quote: (02-01-2015 01:15 AM)choichoi Wrote:  

He just looks fat

Well, yeah. Although "fatter" would probably be more accurate. He looks to be at the point where he could lose that excess in a couple of months.

Even if you get strong, adding a whole bunch of fat will just cover up the muscles and make you look like crap:

[Image: ElliottBA.jpg]

In the T-Nation article you'll notice how they don't show him shirtless, but with a tight-fitting shirt on. The beard helps cover up the fat jawline.

American Sniper Workout?

Do starting strength and eat a lot.

American Sniper Workout?

Quote: (02-01-2015 07:08 AM)VolandoVengoVolandoVoy Wrote:  

Quote: (01-31-2015 09:48 PM)alexdagr81 Wrote:  

No, they are not.
They are designed to do one thing - make money.
And they are very, very effective at doing that.
I guarantee you they spend significantly more money, time, and attention designing the labels of their products than the actual products themselves.
And the actual "products"? Composed of generic ingredients sourced at the lowest possible cost from China. Definitely their lowest cost factor.
For every 100 dollars some sucker spends on their snake oil, here is what I would estimate the breakdown to be:
30 dollars distributor cost
30 dollars marketing cost
30 dollars profit
5 dollars administrative costs
3 dollars ingredient cost
2 dollars "research" (cherry picking bullshit, and strategically placing bullshit to be later quoted in their own forums, and portrayed as established research)

Now you are just making things up that while convenient don't really make much sense. Did you even read the article? You are just spitting one big non-sequitor. I mean look at their marketing strategy: get Cooper to carry around nameless generic bottles to sell our products! Brilliant! (I saw the caption, but it isn't in the photo itself) Also the disclaimer that says this is for elite athletes and bodybuilders? Lies! We want Joe Schmoes who can't bench 225 or squat 315 to take these.

Come on guy, before you just go around criticizing things can you at least not strawman the article and go on non-sequitor tangents?

American Sniper Workout?

What is interesting is that he lost a lot of that weight. An article mentioned that he has been eating pumpkin soup to lose weight. Upon further research pumpkin soup is surprisingly low carb.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showth...p?t=732878

Thanks to this discussion, I might try this out.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

American Sniper Workout?

There is a footnote that does need to be pointed out. The article isn't saying "if you want to look like Bradley Cooper on American Sniper then you must do this:" It's more saying "if you want to know what Bradley Cooper did to prepare himself for his role in American Sniper then read this:". This regimen was very specific for him and this role. Yeah it's obvious that he doesn't have 6 pack abs, but Chris Kelly didn't. He was more built for the World's Strongest Man, not for Mr. Olympia. His workout maybe interesting, but unless you are a world class athlete looking for a challenge you shouldn't be doing it. Build yourself up to a respectable amount of strength with starting strength and then when you begin to stall you can pick up some body building routines.

American Sniper Workout?

Holy fucking shoulder imbalance.

Quote: (02-01-2015 11:39 AM)RexImperator Wrote:  

Quote: (02-01-2015 01:15 AM)choichoi Wrote:  

He just looks fat

Well, yeah. Although "fatter" would probably be more accurate. He looks to be at the point where he could lose that excess in a couple of months.

Even if you get strong, adding a whole bunch of fat will just cover up the muscles and make you look like crap:

[Image: ElliottBA.jpg]

In the T-Nation article you'll notice how they don't show him shirtless, but with a tight-fitting shirt on. The beard helps cover up the fat jawline.