rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Rapper Kendrick Lamar Starts a Controversy about his comments on Ferguson

Kendrick actually makes a good point about Personal Responsibility in his comments about the Black community.

[Image: zpa90XO.jpg]
And Black Social Media and other Hamsters are spinning.
Azalea Banks: "That's the dumbest I've heard anyone say

Kendrick Lamar recieves backlash for Ferguson comments

What he said is really nothing to get really angry over. But SJW's these days[Image: dodgy.gif]

I'm actually really surprised with some of the rappers' responses to the whole Michael Brown thing. Roscoe Dash said some real stuff in an interview about it. Pharrell said some good stuff too.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/26...26960.html

Of course most of them are giving the typical response. Young Jeezy, Big Sean, and many others.....

https://twitter.com/YoungJeezy/status/54...1382433792

https://twitter.com/BigSean/status/537100148812562432

Edit: Also, Azealia Banks is a dumb little dramatic bitch. She literally cried over Iggy Azalea tweeting that she's not relevant.

Quote: (01-10-2015 02:43 PM)Goldhawkstar Wrote:  

I'm actually really surprised with some of the rappers' responses to the whole Michael Brown thing. Roscoe Dash said some real stuff in an interview about it. Pharrell said some good stuff too.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/26...26960.html

The reason why other rappers don't really say anything against the Black narrative on Ferguson is because of the backlash they will get from the Black community. Lil Boosie got backlash for his comments about the Ferguson issue also.
Lil Boosie: African American is the worst race

Quote: (01-10-2015 02:55 PM)Clemmo Wrote:  

The reason why other rappers don't really say anything against the Black narrative on Ferguson is because of the backlash they will get from the Black community. Lil Boosie got backlash for his comments about the Ferguson issue also.
Lil Boosie: African American is the worst race

Quote:Quote:

“I just feel like African-American is the worst race in the world because first of all we kill each other,” explained Boosie. “People always talking all this racist stuff but the white man ain’t waiting in your bushes with a chopper [gun], the white man ain’t tryna take rims off your car … we doing this to each other. So how can you say ‘F the white man?’ He ain’t doing nothing but –– when you get in trouble –– doing his job. He ain’t doing nothing wrong.”

Jesus that's so real. Respect. And so surprising too, I think Boosie is one of Jeezy's boys.

That's true what you said about backlash from the black community, but I also feel like black people wouldn't get near as much backlash as white people saying the same thing. I don't know, maybe not though since perhaps it's deemed as 'typical' for a white person to have that opinion on the Furguson controversy.

I saw Kendrick open for Kanye on the Yeezus tour. Best opening act for the best show I've ever seen.

"Believe in your FLYNESS ...
... conquer your shyness"
- Kanye Omari West

Artistically
- Love Kendrick
- Azalea can spit.

Kendrick is wrong on the facts, but doesn't mean he should be shouted down.

Azalea is just a hot headed 19 year old with a Twitter account and 1 album that got some love from heads.

The two bigger stories in my mind

- The Media loves "black dissenters", because it fires up white people who agree and black people who don't - controversy leads to page views, which means they can increase their cost per million impressions. Not just money hungry CNN or agenda having Fox, NPR and the BBC do it too.

It's the business model. Never mind that business as usual has actual societal impact in shaping debate and later on policy.

- The problems are way too complex to reduce to slogans and plans of action.

A side story of the Ferguson case was well meaning liberals sending books to the Ferguson library.

Basically, if these people had a well stocked library the cops wouldn't shoot unarmed citizens in the street instead of taking them into custody.

If anything, it's the cops that need the books.

WIA

Quote: (01-10-2015 03:49 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Artistically
- Love Kendrick
- Azalea can spit.

Kendrick is wrong on the facts, but doesn't mean he should be shouted down.

Azalea is just a hot headed 19 year old with a Twitter account and 1 album that got some love from heads.

The two bigger stories in my mind

- The Media loves "black dissenters", because it fires up white people who agree and black people who don't - controversy leads to page views, which means they can increase their cost per million impressions. Not just money hungry CNN or agenda having Fox, NPR and the BBC do it too.

It's the business model. Never mind that business as usual has actual societal impact in shaping debate and later on policy.

- The problems are way too complex to reduce to slogans and plans of action.

A side story of the Ferguson case was well meaning liberals sending books to the Ferguson library.

Basically, if these people had a well stocked library the cops wouldn't shoot unarmed citizens in the street instead of taking them into custody.

If anything, it's the cops that need the books.

WIA
What facts did Kendrick get wrong?

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

Rappers like athletes like actors know who signs their paycheques, tow the company line or you have no "job".

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

So if a black man says anything other than "Fuck those racist pigs", his own community forms a lynch mob?

That's called crabs in a bucket...maybe also the elephant in the room.

G

Kendrick and J Cole are the two smartest young rappers in the game right now. I was not surprised to hear that he said this. You can tell that he thinks outside the box and like J Cole he is a heavy thinker.

Lil boosie comments were a big surprise. He was spot on too. He was one of the last rappers on earth I would expect to say what he did.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Gotta give Boosie respect for saying that. Even if he got paid to say it, that still takes a big, brassy pair. I mean, when it comes to Brown, wasn't he a robbing asshole? I don't get why everyone cares about him so much. He shouldn't have been left in the street, but who gives a fuck about some guy who robs a convenience stores and then gets blasted by a cop (after trying to steal the cop's weapon)? Live a decent life, then I'll be outraged at your death. I can't stand how all these anti-government types are always rallying behind the shittiest people. Don't get me started on the riots. "HMMMM, THIS SCUM BAG GOT WHAT HE HAD COMING TO HIM, SO NOW I'M GONNA ROB AND LOOT THE STORES I USED TO PATRONISE."

It's fucking retarded.

I don't understand why this is getting so much attention from the media.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Quote: (01-10-2015 03:55 PM)Kingsley Davis Wrote:  

"But when we don't have respect for ourselves, how do we expect them to respect us? It starts from within,"

That's some bullshit.
That's some grade A bullshit.

That's some "blame the victim" bullshit.

Personally, I don't find RVF to be conducive to discussing black politics, but this idea that if we just act right, then they'll just treat us right.

We have centuries of acting right and being BRUTALIZED for it. And that's just life and limb as well as liberty.

Let's just talk about the past 50-60 years.

When black people tried to go to good schools, they would go after children.
When that didn't stop, they moved en masse so that we couldn't go to their schools.
Those of us that make it to school, have a tough time, typically because of poor schools in the first place.

You make it through school, probably don't get the internship, because you never "fit the culture"

Send out resumes, get chunked if you have the wrong first name, if it sounds too black.

I could go on and on, but i'm talking about people that are actively trying to do it right, play by the rules.

Can't get anywhere. I could go on about health care, job and educational opportunities, as consumers, so on and so forth.

Black Americans in general respect themselves and play by the rules.
It's the norm.

Meanwhile NAACP offices, a now useless organization gets bombed and doesn't get any coverage.

So for Kendrick to say that if black people respected themselves then they'd treat us with respect.

Folks who agree with Kendrick just don't do the knowledge.

They see some young dudes with their boxer showing and be like "yo them niggas deserve to get shot, to get followed around by cops, etc"

Lot of them folks still don't think that we're human.

I'd tie this in to Cosby, but already my perspective is already odd man out.

WIA

--

Quote: (01-10-2015 09:06 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Quote: (01-10-2015 03:55 PM)Kingsley Davis Wrote:  

"But when we don't have respect for ourselves, how do we expect them to respect us? It starts from within,"

That's some bullshit.
That's some grade A bullshit.

That's some "blame the victim" bullshit.

Personally, I don't find RVF to be conducive to discussing black politics, but this idea that if we just act right, then they'll just treat us right.

We have centuries of acting right and being BRUTALIZED for it. And that's just life and limb as well as liberty.

Let's just talk about the past 50-60 years.

When black people tried to go to good schools, they would go after children.
When that didn't stop, they moved en masse so that we couldn't go to their schools.
Those of us that make it to school, have a tough time, typically because of poor schools in the first place.

You make it through school, probably don't get the internship, because you never "fit the culture"

Send out resumes, get chunked if you have the wrong first name, if it sounds too black.

I could go on and on, but i'm talking about people that are actively trying to do it right, play by the rules.

Can't get anywhere. I could go on about health care, job and educational opportunities, as consumers, so on and so forth.

Black Americans in general respect themselves and play by the rules.
It's the norm.

Meanwhile NAACP offices, a now useless organization gets bombed and doesn't get any coverage.

So for Kendrick to say that if black people respected themselves then they'd treat us with respect.

Folks who agree with Kendrick just don't do the knowledge.

They see some young dudes with their boxer showing and be like "yo them niggas deserve to get shot, to get followed around by cops, etc"

Lot of them folks still don't think that we're human.

WIA

When was the last time a NAACP office was bombed? You're a quality poster here but this victim shit is getting long in the tooth.

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

On point as always Archie, some people cannot handle the truth and the facts.

You also forgot the part about when they burnt black churches with little girls in them.

NAACP was useless from the get go.

Kendrick Lamar like all rappers are entertainers, again he has to tow the company line so he doesn't get the Cosby treatment.

Our New Blog:

Quote: (01-10-2015 10:12 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

You also forgot the part about when they burnt black churches with little girls in them.

Kendrick Lamar like all rappers are entertainers, again he has to tow the company line so he doesn't get the Cosby treatment.

The perp that fire bombed that church in 1963 was brought to justice. 16 people were murdered in Chicago over 4 days prior to New Years Day, must be that "they" you speak of.[Image: dodgy.gif]

Quote: (01-10-2015 09:17 PM)Kingsley Davis Wrote:  

When was the last time a NAACP office was bombed? You're a quality poster here but this victim shit is getting long in the tooth.

The Colorado office was bombed this Tuesday, so five days ago.

I agree with WIA on a lot of what he said. Obviously simply "acting right" in the 50s and 60s didn't get the black population where they wanted to go. The situation today is very different though, and I don't think that being black is necessarily a liability. It can even be a positive if you play your cards right.

There is significantly more black-on-black crime than there is white-on-white crime, that is pretty clear evidence that blacks don't treat each other with respect compared to other races. "Acting right" didn't get blacks what they wanted in the past, but their image has been getting worse for the past 30 years, which isn't helping things.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...-1.2072798

Happened a few days ago in Jan 2015.
You think I just pulled that out of my Afro?

You do know that West Indian Archie is a minor character in the Autobiography of Malcolm X? This is not some game that I'm playing.

More importantly, I write a gang of shit that could be argued or refuted, but cats that don't know do the knowledge hone in on ONE DETAIL and try to disprove my entire argument.

And when that ONE DETAIL is RIGHT, you not gonna see an apology, much less a sincere attempt to rethink the bullshit.

No argument of mine is ever gonna make one of y'all pick up a book, or even look around your own world with new eyes. You just gonna repeat the party line, like everyone else does.

I see it in the race discussions, and I see it in the game discussions. Cats repeating the same shit they read someplace else, but never thinking about the shit deeper. Where are the soft spots in the theory? How does this work in the real world?

Again, RVF is not the appropriate venue to have this discussion.

WIA

WIA

Can you tie this back to Cosby? I'd actually like to see what you think on this, given that I can tell we both think a bit differently.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Kingsley, WIA has a point. Look up Greenwood, Oklahoma aka Black Wall Street.

To expound on what he's was saying most White on Black discrimination in the US is nothing more than a majority which wields power exerting it over a relatively weaker minority. This isn't right or wrong, it just simply is.

Example: Armed Black Panther held a rally promoting self-defense on 4/29/67 to protest a shooting of an unarmed Black man. California Governor passed a bill banning open carry within the next month...I don't think that's a coincidence.

Uighurs get shitted on by the CCP, White farmers had their land confiscated by Mugabe in the '90's in Zimbabwe, etcetera.

If I could wave a wand and stop Black from wearing saggy pants, selling drugs, and using slang...guess what? The unemployment rate will stay relatively the same. Why?

The people levying those criticisms use those observations to rationalize their pre-existing dislike of Blacks

The belief/feeling always comes first and then people look for real-world evidence to back-up their belief. If I call a girl who's into a fucking cunt with a smile she'll rationalize it as funny. I can say the same with the same frame to girl who dislikes me and that backs-up her belief I'm an asshole.

It's not being a victim. It's reality. I personally like it: It's makes me work harder, dress better, be more aware than those from the majority group.

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

Quote: (01-10-2015 10:12 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

The NAACP was responsible for integrating the schools. This is all basic history, but I'm never surprised when people don't know these things.

All of those currently played out organizations played a part in changing America.

The NAACP and other organizations But who were running shit during the Civil Rights Era
1) didn't want to give up power
2) failed to adapt to changing time

Lotta them Al Sharpton ass dudes got booed in Ferguson.
They seriously have no one to blame but themselves.

But not really the venue for an in depth discussion.

WIA

Quote: (01-10-2015 11:06 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...-1.2072798

Happened a few days ago in Jan 2015.
You think I just pulled that out of my Afro?

You do know that West Indian Archie is a minor character in the Autobiography of Malcolm X? This is not some game that I'm playing.

More importantly, I write a gang of shit that could be argued or refuted, but cats that don't know do the knowledge hone in on ONE DETAIL and try to disprove my entire argument.

And when that ONE DETAIL is RIGHT, you not gonna see an apology, much less a sincere attempt to rethink the bullshit.

No argument of mine is ever gonna make one of y'all pick up a book, or even look around your own world with new eyes. You just gonna repeat the party line, like everyone else does.

I see it in the race discussions, and I see it in the game discussions. Cats repeating the same shit they read someplace else, but never thinking about the shit deeper. Where are the soft spots in the theory? How does this work in the real world?

Again, RVF is not the appropriate venue to have this discussion.

WIA

We all are repeating shit we read somewhere else including yourself and RVF more than qualify as place for this discussion.

Archie I am well aware of American history, I wouldn't say the NAACP are solely responsible for integration of schools in America.

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are known puppets.

As you stated, RVF is not the place for this.

Our New Blog:

Actually there were 4 perps involved in the 1963 Birmingham church bombing

Bobby Frank Cherry, Thomas Blanton, Robert Chambliss, and Herman Frank Cash, all Ku Klux Clan members

And although 3 out of the 4 were eventually convicted, the wheels of justice churned along extremely slow

Chambliss was convicted in 1977 (14 years later)
Cash died in 1994 without being charged
Blanton is found guilty in 2001 & Cherry in 2002

So it almost took 40 years before the last of them was brought to justice

Meaning they all got to live out the majority of their days as free men

MDP

Quote: (01-10-2015 11:10 PM)Fortis Wrote:  

WIA

Can you tie this back to Cosby? I'd actually like to see what you think on this, given that I can tell we both think a bit differently.

1) In my unlearned opinion Cosby has a kink. And now he's paying for it. Some of them broads are lying, but some of them ain't

2) Cosby and Kendrick are dissenters

But taking it all the way back, Cosby and his show were "respectability politics" in TV form.
To see the paragon of respectability brought low....

WIA