rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Cricket Thread

The Cricket Thread

There will probably be a low interest in this, especially with the American crowd, but there is some exciting Boxing Day cricket going on, and a World Cup coming up.

I'm personally watching the India-Australia series right now. Hopefully India can come up big in the next two games.

You don't get there till you get there

The Cricket Thread

I'm glad you posted this. I watched cricket for the first time in Afghanistan on a bootleg satellite hookup from India, and I had no clue as to what the Hell was going on. Someone please break that shit down for me.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

The Cricket Thread

Indian lack discipline and good fast bowlers.

but very impressed with this Ashwin fellow.

Giving away less than a run an over..but terrible support for him

The Cricket Thread

Cricket. It's like baseball, but not as exciting.

Is Heaven missing an angel? ’Cause you’ve got nice cans!

The Cricket Thread

McCullum barely missed out on the fastest double hundred. 195 off 134 balls. Insane.

The Cricket Thread

Brendan McCullum is the best Captain in World cricket. He's done a lot with little for a long time, and now he's started to get some real talent.

He's extremely aggressive and plays some real Captain's knocks under pressure. Along with Corey Anderson, Southe, Boult, etc it make NZ the Dark Horses for the WC.

The Cricket Thread

How do cricketers do in getting top quality? Do they get what's left over after footballers and f1 drivers get theirs?

The Cricket Thread

In India they are the upper tier, along with Bollywood A listers, Tendulkar was on $US 30 mil per year by the time he retired.

In Australia they are top tier for local sportsmen. The only Australian sportsmen that earn more do so overseas, such as NBA & soccer players. Their status opens any doors, but the culture is a bit square.

South Africa and England are a step away, the rest are after thoughts

The Cricket Thread

Great thread and appears enough interest from members interested in cricket to follow.

Current test match is in a delicate position. Either team could win. Kohli is a beast and very combative and the Indian are every chance to chase it down. Buckle up tomorrow. Great 5th day of test cricket ahead.

The Cricket Thread

Nah I reckon Australia already have too much on the board...and they can easily push towards 350 and bat Indian out of the game.

India won't go past 250 due to weak lower order and that debut batsmen being useless.

Aussie secured the win.

The Cricket Thread

Quote: (12-26-2014 01:05 AM)T and A Man Wrote:  

In India they are the upper tier, along with Bollywood A listers, Tendulkar was on $US 30 mil per year by the time he retired.

In Australia they are top tier for local sportsmen. The only Australian sportsmen that earn more do so overseas, such as NBA & soccer players. Their status opens any doors, but the culture is a bit square.

Do oz cricketers get higher quality lizards than afl/ruggers?

The Cricket Thread

[Image: crickets.gif]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

The Cricket Thread

I thought Rugby Leaguers were the best paid in Oz?

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

The Cricket Thread

MS Dhoni retires from Test Cricket. Got that eye on the World Cup. I think India have a serious chance of repeating.

This is also South Africa's best chance to get rid of the chokers tag. I think New Zealand have a better chance of winning the cup than do Australia. However if Ryan Harris plays, and James Faulkner comes up big, Australia might come out strong. The other teams are only there to cause wrinkles.

The Cricket Thread

Pietersen should be in the England team (and captain). End of.

The Cricket Thread

Quote: (12-29-2014 12:21 PM)floor7 Wrote:  

Do oz cricketers get higher quality lizards than afl/ruggers?

Probably on a par with the rugby league players (RU has declined quite a bit here in recent years and probably off the radar now), AFL players tend to get better chicks overall.

The Cricket Thread

Quote: (12-30-2014 07:11 AM)bojangles Wrote:  

I thought Rugby Leaguers were the best paid in Oz?

No, they're probably 3rd after cricket and AFL.

The number of high paid cricketers is small, lucky to be more than a dozen, but those that are have been upwards of $7 million, including endorsements.

No RL player would be on more than $1.2 mil including endorsements.

Charles Barkley called them (RL players) nuts when Russell Crowe invited him over. Said they bash their bodies for no money

The Cricket Thread

Quote: (12-30-2014 04:53 PM)britchard Wrote:  

Pietersen should be in the England team (and captain). End of.

Yep, should be in the one day team, he would get them close to that world cup

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

The Cricket Thread

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet...

The Cricket Thread

Cricket is a wonderful game. In a world where attention spans average little more than ten minutes, it's encouraging that there is still popular support for a game that lasts five days.

Quote: (12-26-2014 12:08 AM)Gnu Wrote:  

Cricket. It's like baseball, but not as exciting.

I guess you have to grow up with the game to fully understand it. I can't imagine any game as boring than baseball. But there must be a redeeming feature of the game, of which I am ignorant, which causes it to be the most popular spectator sport in USA.

The Cricket Thread

Cricket is >> Baseball.

I am also one of the people who thinks Test cricket is the true real cricket. A true test of endurance and mental strength.

Really looking forward to the ODI world cup though. A lackluster Indian team brings all sorts of excitement to the one day scene.

The upcoming Tri-series between India-Aus-England will be really telling though. I think the Aussies have missed a few tricks by not including Lyon and Harris in their squad. I actually don't think that Michael Clarke being fit will make a huge difference to their One Day squad. George Bailey is an underrated ODI player and Captain.

What are you guys' predictions?

The Cricket Thread

Anyone see Kallis' catch yesterday?

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

The Cricket Thread

This is the first season in about 14 years I haven't played cricket. Haven't even really kept up with the game. Played interstate a few times and went on a trip to India when I was younger. But yeah, baseball is boring as fuck, even compared to what most people think of cricket

The Cricket Thread

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cricket-i...6075171922

"Me llaman el desaparecido
Que cuando llega ya se ha ido
Volando vengo, volando voy
Deprisa deprisa a rumbo perdido"

The Cricket Thread

Quote: (01-13-2015 07:56 AM)bojangles Wrote:  

Anyone see Kallis' catch yesterday?

He's past his prime, but he's still got it.