rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

12-year-old Male Cheerleader Commits Suicide After Being Bullied
2-year-old Male Cheerleader Commits Suicide After Being Bullied
Quote:Quote:

This 12-Year-Old Boy's Suicide Proves America's Bullying Crisis Isn't Over

After years of bullying, a 12-year-old California boy has taken his own life.

Folsom preteen Ronin Shimizu had to be home-schooled because of schoolyard bullying, according to KXTV. Much of the torment stemmed from Shimizu joining the Vista Junior Eagles Cheer Team, a local cheer squad on which he was the only boy.

[Image: 0eftaeat4o69kfja4r4trzbkbg3fwqgc5ov6mtho...vmuvw2.jpg]

A statement from the school district called Shimizu a "positive and outgoing child." John Bliss, his former middle school principal, also wrote a letter to students and families:

"Today we have and will continue to provide counseling and support to students and staff who need assistance dealing with their grief. And while do not know all of the circumstances surrounding Ronin's passing, we will continue our work to maintain a safe, caring and positive school environment free from bullying and harassment."
Friends and parents spoke out about bullying in the wake of Shimizu's death. "I've had a son that's been bullied," one parent told KXTV. "It's so scary."

The boy's death is a stark reminder that bullying has real consequences. Nearly half of students in grades four through 12 have been bullied, according to StopBullying.gov. While that percentage tends to go down as students get older, it can be hard for bullying victims to understand that it does get better. According to the Suicide Prevention Resource Center, LGBT teenagers are much more likely to both contemplate and attempt suicide due to bullying than their straight peers:

[Image: 5mkuygtbtp7mdiuyavl2wgeiggrcw58eblkommsi...uu00fw.jpg]

Adding to the crisis is the potential for social media to exacerbate bullying. To make matters worse, only 20% to 30% of parents know that bullying is occurring.

We all need to fight bullies: While the It Gets Better Project, an initiative aimed at showing childhood victims of bullying that their lives will improve, has made massive strides, preventing bullying's most devastating consequences shouldn't just be left to the victim. The Centers for Disease Control bullying guidelines say that prevention must "involve the entire school community—students, families, administrators, teachers, and staff such as bus drivers, nurses, cafeteria and front office staff—in creating a culture of respect ... Bystanders who intervene on behalf of young people being bullied make a huge difference."

http://mic.com/articles/105862/this-12-y...isn-t-over

I really feel sorry for this kid. Not because he was bullied but because his parents, family, and school did him a huge disservice.

Then of course they use it to push their soft ass agenda, like kids weren't being bullied forever and dealt with it.
I don't know if anyone watches the Jerry Seinfeld web series "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee", but the Chris Rock episode is very good. One of the things he talks about is how he actually advocates bullying.

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/...d-bullying

This is from someone who made a whole TV show (Everybody Hates Chris) that revolved around how relentlessly he was bullied growing up.
I was bullied throughout middle school and my beginning years of high school for being fat. I was 5'9" 240lbs at my heaviest. You know what I did? I lost some fucking weight. I was 160lbs when I graduated high school. Now I am a little bigger and could afford to lose some weight again but the biggest motivation for me to lose weight was 1. to stop being bullied and 2. to get girls.

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest
I feel bad for the fellow, but why is 12 year old boy a cheerleader? Some parents set their kids up for failure.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.
I knew some male cheerleaders in college. They fucked way more of the cheerleaders than the football team ever did. Made me almost want to be one.
Wasn't George W Bush a cheerleader?
There is a big difference between a college male cheerleader and a 12 year old. The college cheerleader does it to fuck bitches. A twelve year old, though, isn't fucking bitches and will be ostracized for it.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.
I was bullied in middle school. Of course at that time, I hated that experience, but it thickened my skin overtime. The problem nowadays is that society is pushing people to be thin skinned, cringing at the slightest bit of criticism or defamation of their character. You have to realize that there are people that will try to drag you down, but you have to rise up.

Kid suffered from weak inner game.
I would bet 1000 dollars that his real father was either absent or under heel of his mother.

I would bet 10000 dollars that everyone will blame bullying but no one in media will question the problem of absence of a powerful and loving male role model for the boy.
The more the media brings attention to suicide by bullying in teens, they merely just encourage the act.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copycat_suicide
I agree with the notion that the parents, community failed this kid.

But I don't think we should dismiss bullying. A lot of it isn't 'good for the kid' or anything like that. A lot of it is some kids are just assholes. It's not a smaller kids fault that another kid went through puberty earlier and can beat the shit out of him.

Plus, it's just not in some boys/mens nature to fight. Think of the scientist who was bullied for wearing that shirt.

Yes, we should teach boys to stand up for themselves. But a lot of times that will just get them hurt.

When I was in high school, I saw a smaller kid in class get relentlessly bullied. I lost it in class and fought the three kids bullying him. I'm not a big guy nor naturally a fighter, but I'm reasonably athletic and have always exercised/worked out. I was more enraged that the teacher never did anything, but more importantly, the smaller kid never did anything to deserve it. I'm proud to say I cracked a few skulls, which is what usually happens when someone starts the fight. The bullies left the kid alone from then on. A lot of it was because I played sports and had bigger friends myself. Truth is, had it been an even fight, where I challenged them instead of just swinging on them, I would have gotten my ass kicked.

Again, I'm not a fighter and have been in very few in my life. But a lot of bullying is abuse of power and shouldn't be tolerated.

And no, men shouldn't be simpering feminine wussies. And a lot of times it's not physical, it's psychological. Think of how feminists try to bully people into believing their fat acceptance, anything goes for them nonsense. Many people are just non-confrontational. I say guide them where you can, defend them when you have to.

Remember the following quote from A Few Good Men:

Downey: What did we do wrong? We did nothing wrong!
Dawson: Yeah we did. We were supposed to fight for people who couldn't fight for themselves. We were supposed to fight for Willy.

Ronin Shimizu

[Image: wtf.jpg]

What kind of parent names a kid like that?

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before
Quote: (12-07-2014 02:14 PM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

Ronin Shimizu

I beg to differ. Ronin is a rogue/masterless samurai in Japanese and Shimizu is a Japanese last name.

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"
I bet the kid's dad rolled his eyes and reluctantly agreed to let the kid get involved in cheerleading. I bet he now wishes he hadn't. Young kids need guidance.

If civilization had been left in female hands we would still be living in grass huts. - Camille Paglia
Quote: (12-07-2014 01:41 PM)Fortis Wrote:  

I feel bad for the fellow, but why is 12 year old boy a cheerleader? Some parents set their kids up for failure.

Same parents that do this shit.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/pare...24245.html

When many couples have a baby, they send out an email to family and friends that fills them in on the key details: name, gender, birth weight, that sort of thing. (You know the drill: "Both Mom and little Ethan are doing great!")

But the email sent recently by Kathy Witterick and David Stocker of Toronto, Canada to announce the birth of their baby, Storm, was missing one important piece of information. "We've decided not to share Storm's sex for now--a tribute to freedom and choice in place of limitation, a stand up to what the world could become in Storm's lifetime (a more progressive place? ...)," it said.

That's right. They're not saying whether Storm is a boy or a girl.

There's nothing ambiguous about the baby's genitals. But as Stocker puts it: "If you really want to get to know someone, you don't ask what's between their legs." So only the parents, their two other children (both boys), a close friend, and the two midwives who helped deliver the now 4-month-old baby know its gender. Even the grandparents have been left in the dark.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2
I'm going to be on the other side of the camp, and say so what that the kid was a cheerleader? He was either set to bang a bunch of girls in 3-5 years, or he was gay. Either way, no reason to be bullied.

The thing that really fucking pisses me off though is that they have the statistics of who has "thought about suicide" and it has girls listed much higher than males. Guess what, 75% of teenage suicides aren't girls. Boys are three times more likely to kill themselves, yet they're making this about girls. What the fucking fuck.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.
Quote: (12-07-2014 02:28 PM)TheFinalEpic Wrote:  

I'm going to be on the other side of the camp, and say so what that the kid was a cheerleader? He was either set to bang a bunch of girls in 3-5 years, or he was gay. Either way, no reason to be bullied.

The thing that really fucking pisses me off though is that they have the statistics of who has "thought about suicide" and it has girls listed much higher than males. Guess what, 75% of teenage suicides aren't girls. Boys are three times more likely to kill themselves, yet they're making this about girls. What the fucking fuck.

Females are more likely to be suicidal and more likely to attempt and 'fail' as a method of attention whoring. Males are less likely to attempt suicide but more likely to be successful if attempted.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT
This is unfortunate, but I am pro bullying.

I am anti little sissies killing themselves because they want to play with pom poms

Bullying isn't the problem here. I bet his dad is your typical spineless beta and didn't teach him how to deal with hardship.
Quote: (12-07-2014 02:28 PM)TheFinalEpic Wrote:  

Absolutely, but you have to factor in how kids are. Obviously, we should live in a world where no one gives a fuck that some kid wants to raise pom-poms and dance, but the average 12 year old boy would look at this other boy and go, "LOZLOZLOZLOZLOZ FAGGOT! SUCK A COCK."

His parents should have foreseen the bullying and other things. Now, that doesn't mean that I'm condoning the bullying, but parents should not set kids up for bullying (if it can be helped.)
It's a shame that this happened, but what did they expect?

on the matter of male cheerleaders: yes, they get laid, but it's still not exactly something that every dude is totally accepting of. If you told a man in my family that another man was a cheerleader and not a player on the team getting cheered for, the first thing out of my family member's mouth would be, "is he gay or something?" That is simply how some people think and, unfortunately, many men think that way when it comes to men indulging in traditionally feminine pastimes.

Damn shame that a 12 year old offed himself, but I could have told you this would have happened.

I believe it's very disturbing that a child resorted to suicide, before he hit puberty. Liberals may use this to continue an anti-bullying platform, but this kid already had some underlying issues.
Quote: (12-07-2014 02:20 PM)Kingsley Davis Wrote:  

Quote: (12-07-2014 02:14 PM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

Ronin Shimizu

I beg to differ. Ronin is a rogue/masterless samurai in Japanese and Shimizu is a Japanese last name.

agreed. I would have killed for a badass name like that.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV
first off, its absolutely disgusting that a 12yo boy or girl commits suicide.

the problem is that popular culture mislabels the real problems. This article is meant to provoke anti-bullying rage, as if the bullies are the problem.

The problem is not bullies. Bullies are part of growing up, kids make fun of each other as they try to figure themselves out and their path in life. It's a symptom of immaturity, raging hormones, and the desperate need to fit in.

School systems, popular culture, and parents are to blame.

School systems coddle children and make them feel bad about their innate human desires and needs.
Popular culture wants everyone to get along, and forces male children into traditionally females roles and shames their testosterone fueled desires.
Parents buy into popular culture and are weak simps, they have to fit in with other parents.
No one wants to stir the pot, and if you don't stir the pot you get a real shitty soup.

I remember seeing a picture posted recently about a class that had all the boys talk about what they didn't like about being boys. Not only does that have an overriding negative atmosphere, it forces the male children in the said class to doubt themselves and be ashamed of themselves. I mean, when a teacher asks, what is bad about being a boy, you can only possibly focus on the negatives. Otherwise saying, Im proud of being a boy (considering they tell the female children to be proud of being females) is going to bring negative feedback from the teachers, staff, and other indoctrinated boys.

Adolscent boys need a strong masculine leader in their lives. A man that is willing to teach the boy how to fight, how to deal with girls, how to deal with bullies, how to deal with the bullshit of childhood heartbreak, and how to navigate the utterly confusing teenage years.

It such a mindfuck when you think about it. The majority of problems facing young boys can easily be fixed with encouraging masculinity, but they are rallied against to deny their masculine desires. The system is confusing adolescent boys at the most confusing points in their lives, no wonder shit goes wrong.

As a childless adult, I can only observe and speculate what I do if I was in the shoes of other parents around me. But what I do observe, is that the male parents that agree with my views and are generally pro-masculinity (certain red pill beliefs) have children that are doing very well in life. The ones that don't, the die hard blue pill guys, have misguided, unconfident, and generally confused children.

I guess alpha raise alphas, and betas raise betas. When popular culture shames alpha behavior and promotes beta behavior, it furthers problems. My dad was a good father, generally beta but with some alpha streaks. He didn't do much to promote masculinity in the forms of picking up girls, working out, and fighting, but he sure as hell would have stopped me joining a cheerleader squad.

Parents need to quit looking elsewhere for blame, and look inwards. Kids will always fuck up and make horribly stupid mistakes, but kids with strong willed parents are far more likely to succeed and live happy lives.

I promote bullying, because in the current generation of everyone getting a trophy just for showing up to the game its the only way to encourage real competition. The problem is that some kids know how to bully, and the others are taught its bad as opposed to being taught how to deal with. Punch that bully right in the fucking face, I dont care how small you are and how big he is. You may get your ass beat, but the next time he pops off at the mouth, you punch him right in the fucking face again. You may get your ass beat for a second time, but soon enough youre gonna get good enough at fighting and that bully is going to find an easier target, probably that boy on the cheerleading team.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha
Quote: (12-07-2014 06:11 PM)AntiTrace Wrote:  

I guess alpha raise alphas, and betas raise betas. When popular culture shames alpha behavior and promotes beta behavior, it furthers problems. My dad was a good father, generally beta but with some alpha streaks. He didn't do much to promote masculinity in the forms of picking up girls, working out, and fighting, but he sure as hell would have stopped me joining a cheerleader squad.

As a kid with a beta father and being Jewish in a mostly white, country town, I was bullied a lot growing up. I would also get into fights a lot and honestly contributed to a lot of the bullying I received. I was a ripe, RIPE target for a lot of reasons. But I don't think any of that was the big problem. As we've all said already, bullying will always exist.

The problem was that my dad never gave me any guidance on this stuff. At least not that I can remember. I do remember being verbally scolded for fighting frequently. Behavioral problems and stuff like that...But my dad was a soft guy.

He was also a doctor so when I wanted to start boxing at the local gym, he axed that idea real quick. I wrestled for a couple of months in middle school but got bullied on the team as the worst wrestler and told my dad I wanted to quit, so he let me quit. I also quit every single sport I tried growing up---soccer, basketball, ice hockey, and wrestling. Quitting was like second nature to me.

I don't mean to make this a big POOR ME post but I just wanted to add my 2 cents that your dad can make or break you as a boy and eventually into a man.

All throughout growing up I felt like a small raft awash at sea in the middle of an angry storm. I didn't know where I was going, I felt out of control and constantly hammered from all angles.

A dad needs to be like a strong sail to guide you through the storm that is adolescence.

Ref the boy cheerleader who killed himself, I feel like the dad's response should have been something like, "Okay, you want to be on the cheerleading squad? You're going to get resistance from a lot of people on this. If you're going to do it, fucking OWN it and do it 100%. Don't let anyone shake your resolve. I'm not going to stop you from doing this but just know it's going to be very, very difficult."
The problem isn't bullies. It's female teachers.

With male teachers, kid-bullies represent a challenge to the man's authority and to his control of the classroom. In the old days (when there were men in classrooms) they wouldn't allow it they'd find a way for the boys to fight fair and work it out.

But women view male violence differently. They get off on it and respect brute force, even (or especially) when such force takes the form of outright cruelty. So they side with bullies. This is how bullying culture has evolved.

You know that woman you were after in the bar who left with the thug instead? Well, the next day she went to work in her classroom and had to mediate a fight between kids. Who do you think she sided with -- the wimp or the mini-thug? And this goes double for those useless guidance counselors or "mediators."

Women>violent men = men>models.

It's unnatural and arguably unethical to place rambunctious boys under the care of women other than their mother. A perverse, twisted culture develops. This is an example of the culture.
Quote: (12-07-2014 06:21 PM)Checkmat Wrote:  

Quote: (12-07-2014 06:11 PM)AntiTrace Wrote:  

As a kid with a beta father and being Jewish in a mostly white, country town, I was bullied a lot growing up. I would also get into fights a lot and honestly contributed to a lot of the bullying I received. I was a ripe, RIPE target for a lot of reasons. But I don't think any of that was the big problem. As we've all said already, bullying will always exist.

The problem was that my dad never gave me any guidance on this stuff. At least not that I can remember. I do remember being verbally scolded for fighting frequently. Behavioral problems and stuff like that...But my dad was a soft guy.

He was also a doctor so when I wanted to start boxing at the local gym, he axed that idea real quick. I wrestled for a couple of months in middle school but got bullied on the team as the worst wrestler and told my dad I wanted to quit, so he let me quit. I also quit every single sport I tried growing up---soccer, basketball, ice hockey, and wrestling. Quitting was like second nature to me.

I don't mean to make this a big POOR ME post but I just wanted to add my 2 cents that your dad can make or break you as a boy and eventually into a man.

All throughout growing up I felt like a small raft awash at sea in the middle of an angry storm. I didn't know where I was going, I felt out of control and constantly hammered from all angles.

A dad needs to be like a strong sail to guide you through the storm that is adolescence.

Ref the boy cheerleader who killed himself, I feel like the dad's response should have been something like, "Okay, you want to be on the cheerleading squad? You're going to get resistance from a lot of people on this. If you're going to do it, fucking OWN it and do it 100%. Don't let anyone shake your resolve. I'm not going to stop you from doing this but just know it's going to be very, very difficult."

I realize how lucky I was growing up. After my first bully incident my Dad said "Doc Howard, you can't start fights but if someone comes after you, you can hit them back. Even if you get suspended from school for it, you won't get in trouble at home" That was my self defense green light.

I had to beat the piss out of a new bully almost every year up through high school. I was always the new kid who though he would make a name for himself off of my back.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV