rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Happn - the new Tinder beater...?

http://www.happn.fr

(I'm surprised this hasn't already been posted, but couldn't find anything on the forum yet and wanted to give you all a head up while it's in its honeymoon stage..)

Installed this app in London on Sunday, have banged 2 girls already in 5 days. One a 22y/o BA air hostess (7.5) and one a 25 y/o petite ex bikini model (8.5). So so easy too. Both just want a local fuckbuddy.

It reminds me of the good old days of Tinder early last year before it became mainstream; just full of hotties looking for fun... now it's hog central and they're all looking for relationships.
It will inevitably go the same way as Tinder eventually, but i predict at least a 6 month window where it is a goldmine just as Tinder was, then it will become mainstream and the sub 7's will be confident enough to use it because they won't be the only average looking chicks on there.

It works by always using your location, showing you girls that you have 'crossed paths' with, so in a city you will always be getting plenty of options, and it lends itself to showing you girls that live near you, work near you and vice versa. Just like Tinder you swipe yes or no anonymously, and if you match you can chat.
One caveat is i live in a pretty central and upmarket area of London.. so the girls i am local to tend to put a lot of effort into keeping in shape and looking good. Plus i spent an evening in Soho Tuesday and started matching all the hot retail girls working on Oxford St... so my reference point as the the quality on there may be skewed.
That said, nothing to stop you 'hacking' the app by doing the same sort of thing and going to the places lots of young attractive ladies frequent..
The Second Caveat is that i've only been on it a week, and maybe just got lucky. But the sheer number of girls i've swiped 'yes' to already and i'm a picky fuck makes me believe there is a lot of quality on there.
Rather than wait a month or so to find out, i thought i'd tell you guys asap to jump in before it becomes common knowledge..

It's a French app, and from what i can tell there are already 10,000 users in London already, i assume it is available worldwide and there are enough girls using it to make it worthwhile in the US.
Definitely recommend it, use standard Tinder game and have at it...
Happy Happning..

TL[Image: biggrin.gif]R - Tinder like app, but arguably better. Certainly much better quality girls than on Tinder in London at least. Expect a short window of opportunity before it gets overrun by <6 hogs. Genius idea.

I've been wondering what would eventually replace Tinder as king of Internet game...

Though it seems like just a rebranded Tinder clone with a gimmicky "crossed paths" deal.

But there is definitely something to be said for being ahead of the curve - at least before all the thirsty guys come in and fuck it up for us.

HSLD

HSLD

Nothing is gonna replace Tinder. Coffee meets Bagel, J-Swipe, Hot or Not, Hinge.. they all failed. Tinder is the Facebook of dating apps.

But if you guys do manage to find success with this then more power to you.

I must found at about this app as well. My friend was already been on a few dates which have been slightly higher quality than his Tinder dates.

Quote: (11-28-2014 07:08 PM)game_ethic Wrote:  

Nothing is gonna replace Tinder. Coffee meets Bagel, J-Swipe, Hot or Not, Hinge.. they all failed. Tinder is the Facebook of dating apps.

But if you guys do manage to find success with this then more power to you.

Agreed, but my post has nothing to do with whether it may or may not replace Tinder.. who cares. I hope it doesn't. Might mean it doesn't ever attract the average girls.
It is pretty new, clearly comparable and most importantly if London is anything to go by, actually being taken up and used by a significant proportion of attractive girls (unlike most of the other apps).

If you got on Tinder early (pre 2014) you'll know that the quality of girls on these apps in the early adopters stage is orders of magnitude better than when they become mainstream.

Just throwing a heads up to the forum that i think there's a window here to be taken advantage of. Worth a try. Working for me so far..

Quote: (11-28-2014 06:28 PM)HighSpeed_LowDrag Wrote:  

Though it seems like just a rebranded Tinder clone with a gimmicky "crossed paths" deal.

But there is definitely something to be said for being ahead of the curve - at least before all the thirsty guys come in and fuck it up for us.

HSLD

It is..

I doubt it will replace Tinder. But may dent its use.
All girls i talk to now who are on Tinder think it's awful, full of average guys and a necessary evil in finding hookups rather than fun and different. The 5 or 6 i've chatted to on Happn so far think it's slightly creepy because of the fact it tells you when you are only 250m, 500m etc away from someone at any given time (give or take the fact the location only updates sporadically and is not 'live'), but despite that love that it is different and weirdly like the 'stalkerish' aspect of it.. who would have thought it. No feminists in sight. Yet.

That is Grindr for straight people. it hooks you up based on immediate distance I believe.

To beat Tinder all you need to do is this:

1.) Keep it bug free
2.) Eliminate needing a Facebook to use it
3.) Allow for GPS changes (Tinder wants to add this but at a cost)

I think if an app came out like that, it could give Tinder serious competition. But Tinder already has mainstream appeal on its side. It's a part of pop culture. So it won't be easy. But definitely would make a splash if it just looked at what most users like about Tinder and keep it, and look at what most users dislike about Tinder, and learn from their mistakes.

^^^

4.) Removal of hooker bots

Quote: (11-29-2014 12:18 AM)Tactician Wrote:  

^^^

4.) Removal of hooker bots

Agreed but anytime you have a dating site you're gonna get bots. It's just how it goes. I don't even know how you bypass it. I mean the Facebook login you would think would verify you but I guess these bots have Facebook pages? I don't know. But it's a problem.

Speaking of though -- these fucking Tinder bots have evolved yet again. It was:

Obvious bot with semi nude girl and a url written over the main profile picture --> Two pictures with no profile and a typical bot opener --> Multiple pictures with a profile but the same bot opener --> Multiple pictures, profile, silly/somewhat sexual opener and then eventually the bot reveal

Fucking incredible.

Just installed this. Seems very stalkerish down to the exact location.

It's pretty crazy that it does use locations down to 250m..

I've just been talking to a cute 18 year old who shared her location on whatsapp with me. I don't know if i should tell her we are probably living in the same building... i'd rather leave her to find that out on the way home to bang from our first 'date'... ha

How could it be that relatively unknown dating apps attract a higher % of hotties than mainstream ones? Wouldn't it be the hogs who are most desperate to find something that works for them?

Quote: (11-30-2014 09:08 PM)DrewP Wrote:  

How could it be that relatively unknown dating apps attract a higher % of hotties than mainstream ones? Wouldn't it be the hogs who are most desperate to find something that works for them?

You might this so, but no. Hot chicks always seem to find out ways to max out their sexual value before ugly girls do.

So far I haven't seen more than 2 unattractive girls on this Happn yet.

^ Agreed. It doesn't make much sense to me either but Tinder was exactly the same when it was unknown. Hot girls were first in.
Maybe they are more confident looking for easy ways to hook up as they know their value. And in my experience these hotter chicks are much more likely to be more relaxed and casual about what they are after on these apps.
The average chicks more often want relationships as they are desperate to cling a high quality guy as they know they will rarely find one who values them enough to stick with them. Just a guess...

This is the average sort of quality on Happn in London:
[Image: C7BcSPz.jpg?2]
Literally just a screen cap of the first 4 'new' paths crossed this morning. I'd swipe yes to all of them as further profile inspections reveals no SIF's and all 4 are slim and stylish.

And an example of a few of the hotter girls i've matched with in just one week..
[Image: fyrGECC.jpg?3][Image: 0UPtY5B.jpg?4]
[Image: EXMdrFm.jpg?2]

My point is not that these girls are off the charts, you find plenty of hotter girls in any big city that you can game. But that it appears so far to be really simple to find and match them. Which is my reason for using online apps. Save time and effort i could put into better things.

Tinder in the same city i'm matching girls at least a point lower, and it takes swiping through hundreds and hundreds of girls just to match these lower quality chicks. So far on Happn i'm matching better girls with little effort and even getting sent 'charms' which are some weird poke type thing. Unsurprisingly i'm yet to get 'charms' from the hot girls, but tell me what other app you'd get proactivity from female 7's...

So far, still so good.

Going to install an Android simulator and test that app.
Pics really help make decisions. [Image: wink.gif]

I think I need to move back to London, just because of this.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Installed Happn. Two days and zero crossed paths in a small American city (120k population). Gonna take a drive a stroll though the local college campus and see if anything comes up. Also, drove through a medium city (500k population), and had two hits. Both very fuckable.

I'm going to keep this on my radar.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

The reason there are more hot girls on happn now and also on Tinder in the beginning is because that's the secret to making a dating app successful.

Tinder famously hacked this by sponsoring (paying) sororities to make sure every girl in the sorority was forced to create a tinder profile

I'm trying in in France, good quality so far..one match in one hour. I haven't had tinder dates yet here compared to Montreal as it to me its pretty time consuming and people use it to pass time or to joke in smaller cities than Paris and Lyon. I will try to see if people are really using it to hooking up here.

Installed it just 1 hour ago in Helsinki. Only 3 girls near me one ugly hipster, one asian with a fat face and one hottie. Didn't match with the hottie yet. I reckon it might be better in the weekend when my area is more populated with people going to bars.

I live right above 4-5 bars. Hopefully the action will pick up on the weekend.

Also, has anyone tried using this with high traffic flow areas (bus stations in major urban areas, shopping malls, etc) using a GPS app on your phone. It could increase the hits if you could set your GPS to these high traffic locations during peak hours, essentially being out on the town when your sitting around doing work.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

I just tried this out as per this thread. I'm right outside the main Apple Store on 59th street in NYC. It's a busy area and I had tons of girls "cross paths" with me so far. Let's see what happens.

Team Nachos

Quote: (12-01-2014 10:14 AM)Aragorn Wrote:  

The reason there are more hot girls on happn now and also on Tinder in the beginning is because that's the secret to making a dating app successful.

Tinder famously hacked this by sponsoring (paying) sororities to make sure every girl in the sorority was forced to create a tinder profile

I don't doubt this was the case, it's smart marketing, but that probably didn't happen in London. And nonetheless from field experience i can categorically state Tinder was in a whole different league (girls met and notched) for the first 6 months it was available in the UK. And none of those hot girls i met off Tinder or off Happn so far have been asked to be on it.
So there is still an effect of the early adopters being on average hotter (and seemingly less difficult) girls on these apps in my opinion.

Damn app names are really going full retard.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before