rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Political Correctness: 2002 vs 2014. A lot has changed!

The other day, my little brother asked me why anyone would watch pro wrestling. I said that's a good question and then I showed him some stuff from the glory days.

One of the videos was this Hot Lesbian Action skit from 2002.

Just imagine if this was shown on TV today!

Even though the whole thing is great, here are the most notable parts!

0:00-0:16

0:46-1:07

4:14-5:40 (running some 3 some game on the lesbians)

7:14-8:48 (Two huge dudes show up, one super kicks a girl in the stomach/boobs, the other grabs a handfull of the other girl's hair. Then they throw her in the air and slam her down. After that, one of the dudes drags a lesbian and places her on top of the other forming the 69. After that the biggest dude climbs the top rope and hits frog splash on both of them!)

Things have changed so much in 12 years [Image: lol.gif]

Hell. A lot has changed in even just 4 years.

Remember when the internet was like a treausre hunt of information? You could find great essays, books, videos, blogs, and a host of different topics. Now its all been funneled into mono-media and culture which tells you same thing just in a different format or type.

The funny thing with Wrestling is that in its prime (mid -late 90s to just after the early 2000s it rivaled football and other live action TV events. It was as un-pc as you could get to pander to its men and mostly consevtive watchers. They still panderd to women and whom else by throwing out wack herliquen esque story lines but they never shook from its model. You fast forward to now and wrestling is old fashioned and its for rednecks and mildly autistic teenagers but now in its place is UFC which isnfsr moreb rugged and real (we hope) but is so PC and sticks to the confirmist script it has become a joke. The same can be said for football that can't help but pander to gays and women while ignoring its dominate male base whom like religous zelots worship the league.

I am on my phone but I can point to other examples. Especially in News; from its advertisers to seat warmers like Katie Couric who were rolled out to get women to watch news like women ever cared about the world outside of the extended reach of thier hands to a iPhone or a box of cookies.

Regarding the WWE specifically, the WWE chose to tone down its product mainly for Linda McMahon's failed political campaign, and partly to keep advertisers. They went back down to TV-PG, which is why you never see blood anymore unless it happens on accident like (I think) with Randy Orton last week.

Lately they've been having fat women in pink t-shirts repping Susan G. Komen and wrestling with pink ropes. Piss break.

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.

"You know, panties aren't the greatest thing in the world, but they are next to it!"

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

But not much has changed since 1994:
[Image: 286901_full.jpg]

2002 was prior to the Janet Jackson titty barring superbowl incident when America lost its mind. Prior to that network and cable were continually pushing the boundaries for content and getting away with a lot. But Nipplegate was a call to arms for conservative and family groups to limit this type of content.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Remember back in 2006 when you could say "no, that's gay..." or "man, you're so gay for doing that..." without receiving the wrath of the PC crowd?

^ I can still do that.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

^ Same here

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
Thomas Jefferson

^
Yeah I do that all the time.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic by I sense a swinging back of the pedulum. I hear more and more people speaking out about PC bullshit and how redicuolous the SJW types are. It seems people are pushing back, like gamer gate. The mid term elections was a repudiation of the phony war on woman bullshit. People no longer believe criticism of Obama is "racists."

Maybe it's happening.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Take care of those titties for me.

Quote: (11-07-2014 08:58 PM)aphelion Wrote:  

Regarding the WWE specifically, the WWE chose to tone down its product mainly for Linda McMahon's failed political campaign, and partly to keep advertisers. They went back down to TV-PG, which is why you never see blood anymore unless it happens on accident like (I think) with Randy Orton last week.

Lately they've been having fat women in pink t-shirts repping Susan G. Komen and wrestling with pink ropes. Piss break.

The controversy surrounding Chris Benoit also played a significant role in WWE changing the product.

Quote: (11-07-2014 05:59 PM)Kickb Wrote:  

Things have changed so much in 12 years [Image: lol.gif]

Canada was way ahead of the curve. The TSN broadcast would cut away whenever there was male on female violence. Female on male violence was fine though.

Anyone else remember the Politically Correct Bedtime stories satire where they took traditional stories like Little Red Riding Hood and made them all PC? They came out in the mid 90s and I remember in college reading some of them and thinking they were hilarious because the language sounded so absurd.

Well, the scary part is now you go back and read them and they don't sound as funny anymore because people actually talk this way now. Here's the Little Red Riding Hood version:

Quote:Quote:

There once was a young person named Red Riding Hood who lived with her mother on the edge of a large wood. One day her mother asked her to take a basket of fresh fruit and mineral water to her grandmother’s house–not because this was womyn’s work, mind you, but because the deed was generous and helped engender a feeling of community. Furthermore, her grandmother was not sick, but rather was in full physical and mental health and was fully capable of taking care of herself as a mature adult.

So Red Riding Hood set out with her basket of food through the woods. Many people she knew believed that the forest was a foreboding and dangerous place and never set foot in it. Red Riding Hood, however, was confident enough in her own budding sexuality that such obvious Freudian imagery did not hinder her.

On her way to Grandma’s house, Red Riding Hood was accosted by a Wolf, who asked her what was in her basket. She replied, “Some healthful snacks for my grandmother, who is certainly capable of taking care of herself as a mature adult.”

The Wolf said, “You know; my dear, it isn’t safe for a little girl to walk through these woods alone.”

Red Riding Hood said, “I find your sexist remark offensive in the extreme, but I will ignore it because of your traditional status as an outcast from society, the stress of which has caused you to develop your own, entirely valid worldview. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I must be on my way.”

Red Riding Hood walked on along the main path. But, because his status outside society had freed him from slavish adherence to linear, Western-style though, the Wolf knew of a quicker route to Grandma’s house. He burst into the house and ate Grandma, an entirely valid course of action for a carnivore such as himself. Then, unhampered by rigid, traditionalist notions of what was masculine or feminine, he put on Grandma’s nightclothes and crawled into bed.

Red Riding Hood entered the cottage and said, “Grandma, I have brought you some fat-free sodium-free snacks to salute you in your role of a wise and nurturing matriarch.”

From the bed, the Wolf said softly, “Come closer, child, so that I might see you.”

Red Riding Hood said, “Oh, I forgot you are as optically challenged as a bat. Grandma, what big eyes you have!”

“They have seen much, and forgiven much, my dear.”

“Grandma, what a big nose you have–only relatively, of course, and certainly attractive in its own way.”

“It has smelled much, and forgiven much, my dear.”

“Grandma, what big teeth you have!”

The Wolf said, “I am happy with who I am and what I am,” and leaped out of bed. He grabbed Red Riding Hood in his claws, intent on devouring her. Red Riding Hood screamed, not out of alarm at the Wolfs apparent tendency toward cross-dressing, but because of his willful invasion of her personal space.

Her screams were heard by a passing woodchopper-person (or log-fuel technician, as he preferred to be called). When he burst into the cottage, he saw the melée and tried to intervene. But as he raised his ax, Red Riding Hood and the Wolf both stopped.

“And what do you think you’re doing?” asked Red Riding Hood.

The woodchopper-person blinked and tried to answer, but no words came to him.

“Bursting in here like a Neanderthal, trusting your weapon to do your thinking for you!” she said. “Sexist! Speciesist! How dare you assume that womyn and wolves can’t solve their own problems without a man s help!”

When she heard Red Riding Hood’s speech, Grandma jumped out of the Wolf’s mouth, took the woodchopper-person’s axe, and cut his head off. After this ordeal, Red Riding Hood, Grandma, and the Wolf felt a certain commonality of purpose. They decided to set up an alternative household based on mutual respect and cooperation, and they lived together in the woods happily ever after.

Notice neither woman had tattoos. A lot has changed...

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....

Quote: (11-08-2014 07:51 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

^ I can still do that.

BB, Is it that you don't receive the wrath or that you just don't give a fuck?

- One planet orbiting a star. Billions of stars in the galaxy. Billions of galaxies in the universe. Approach.

#BallsWin

The story is outdated. Not only do Grandma and Red not sport any tattoos or piercings, but they are also not so obese that the wolf should've feared being eaten by either of them.

Quote: (06-02-2015 03:45 PM)Renzy Wrote:  

There once was a young person named Red Riding Hood who lived with her mother on the edge of a large wood. One day her mother asked her to take a basket of fresh fruit and mineral water to her grandmother’s house–not because this was womyn’s work, mind you, but because the deed was generous and helped engender a feeling of community. Furthermore, her grandmother was not sick, but rather was in full physical and mental health and was fully capable of taking care of herself as a mature adult.

So Red Riding Hood set out with her basket of food through the woods. Many people she knew believed that the forest was a foreboding and dangerous place and never set foot in it. Red Riding Hood, however, was confident enough in her own budding sexuality that such obvious Freudian imagery did not hinder her.

On her way to Grandma’s house, Red Riding Hood was accosted by a Wolf, who asked her what was in her basket. She replied, “Some healthful snacks for my grandmother, who is certainly capable of taking care of herself as a mature adult.”

The Wolf said, “You know; my dear, it isn’t safe for a little girl to walk through these woods alone.”

Red Riding Hood said, “I find your sexist remark offensive in the extreme, but I will ignore it because of your traditional status as an outcast from society, the stress of which has caused you to develop your own, entirely valid worldview. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I must be on my way.”

Red Riding Hood walked on along the main path. But, because his status outside society had freed him from slavish adherence to linear, Western-style though, the Wolf knew of a quicker route to Grandma’s house. He burst into the house and ate Grandma, an entirely valid course of action for a carnivore such as himself. Then, unhampered by rigid, traditionalist notions of what was masculine or feminine, he put on Grandma’s nightclothes and crawled into bed.

Red Riding Hood entered the cottage and said, “Grandma, I have brought you some fat-free sodium-free snacks to salute you in your role of a wise and nurturing matriarch.”

From the bed, the Wolf said softly, “Come closer, child, so that I might see you.”

Red Riding Hood said, “Oh, I forgot you are as optically challenged as a bat. Grandma, what big eyes you have!”

“They have seen much, and forgiven much, my dear.”

“Grandma, what a big nose you have–only relatively, of course, and certainly attractive in its own way.”

“It has smelled much, and forgiven much, my dear.”

“Grandma, what big teeth you have!”

The Wolf said, “I am happy with who I am and what I am,” and leaped out of bed. He grabbed Red Riding Hood in his claws, intent on devouring her. Red Riding Hood screamed, not out of alarm at the Wolfs apparent tendency toward cross-dressing, but because of his willful invasion of her personal space.

Her screams were heard by a passing woodchopper-person (or log-fuel technician, as he preferred to be called). When he burst into the cottage, he saw the melée and tried to intervene. But as he raised his ax, Red Riding Hood and the Wolf both stopped.

“And what do you think you’re doing?” asked Red Riding Hood.

The woodchopper-person blinked and tried to answer, but no words came to him.

“Bursting in here like a Neanderthal, trusting your weapon to do your thinking for you!” she said. “Sexist! Speciesist! How dare you assume that womyn and wolves can’t solve their own problems without a man s help!”

When she heard Red Riding Hood’s speech, Grandma jumped out of the Wolf’s mouth, took the woodchopper-person’s axe, and cut his head off. After this ordeal, Red Riding Hood, Grandma, and the Wolf felt a certain commonality of purpose. They decided to set up an alternative household based on mutual respect and cooperation, and they lived together in the woods happily ever after.

WTF did I just read?
[Image: 204.gif][Image: 1269.gif]

Quote: (06-02-2015 03:45 PM)Renzy Wrote:  

Little Red Riding Hood
Great, but small site.

Q: HOW DO I KNOW IF AN ACTION IS UN-PC?

Good question. It's important to know when someone is saying something insensitive so that you can have that person removed from society. The guideline is as follows:
Is the confrontation between two white people? Yes -> The liberal is right. No -> The white person is oppressing the ethnic person.
[Image: laugh2.gif]

Data Sheet Maps | On Musical Chicks | Rep Point Changes | Au Pairs on a Boat
Captainstabbin: "girls get more attractive with your dick in their mouth. It's science."
Spaniard88: "The "believe anything" crew contributes: "She's probably a good girl, maybe she lost her virginity to someone with AIDS and only had sex once before you met her...give her a chance.""

Quote: (06-02-2015 04:33 PM)robreke Wrote:  

Quote: (11-08-2014 07:51 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

^ I can still do that.

BB, Is it that you don't receive the wrath or that you just don't give a fuck?

There are a couple sides to the story.

First, I don't give a fuck in that I can't stand to be around people who take life that seriously. I honestly have no issue with gay people - I don't exactly encourage it, but life is too short for me to give a shit what other people do with their pecker or whatever and I refuse to involve my emotions in the issue. I will even hang out with gay people, but I give them shit about being gay and call them fags sometimes (more extreme when I was always drunk). It's usually obvious I'm kidding.

Life is too short to take things so seriously. I've had some uptight friends try to call me out on being un-PC before but I don't pay them much mind and usually just amplify to give them a harder time and mock the idea that I'm some kind of bigot.

It's always these same uptight people who have no qualms with giving you shit all day for anything related to being white or a male (or especially both). I don't know who made that decision but I'm not on board and refuse to play.

That's in the West.

Another part is, yes, I don't recieve the wrath ever anymore because I now live in Southeast Asia. Things like that are NEVER taboo to joke around about out here, and about certain things people are brutally honest.

Just last night I arrived back in PP and have already had two people tell me I'm fatter than last time they saw me and then some chick tell me I'm handsome but I have bad teeth (because I have a gap in my teeth). I wasn't exactly asking - she volunteered this info on her own accord.

It's not uncommon for someone to tell you that you look like a monkey if you're not Asian (whether white or black); to point at another person with same color skin as you, laugh, and say they are your friend or brother in a mocking tone; or clown on gays and ladyboys all day long. At the same time gays and ladyboys are completely accepted in society - they just don't take themselves so seriously out here.

The humor can get old sometimes and is extreme enough to be comical (not in a good way), but I still prefer it to the tiptoeing around these things that happens in the West.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling