rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Treon Harris: The new double standard

Treon Harris recently got suspended from playing college football because he was accused, probably falsely, of sexual assault.

One Andy Hutchins recently posted a click-bait opinion piece where she says, in so many words “Even if Treon Harris is innocent, the fact that he put himself in a situation where he can be accused of rape means he should be suspended.”

OK, fair. As someone who believes sex should be a lifetime monogamous commitment, I can see the point of telling people “If you’re promiscuous, you can get in trouble.”

However, Andy Hutchins does not appear to feel the same way. In multiple cases, she has attacked men for “slut shaming”. On a Tumblr entry from 2012, she complained of her drug dealer roommate hanging out with some guys and “slut-shaming”, stating the following:

Quote:Quote:

Hearing my dealer roommate and his stoner friends talk about rape in the military and slut-shaming and reconciling it with their loud-ass talk definitely interfering with my chance of getting to sleep at a human hour and them saying the idea that being in the military is “such a good gig”: People are awful and good and annoying and I really should live by myself for a while.

In addition, Andy Hutchins liked an article encouraging promiscuous sex, which devotes a few paragraphs encouraging women to be promiscuous, starting with this line:

The framing of this video fundamentally robs women of their right to wear tight pants, drink alcohol or get into cars (read: trucks) with men. It frowns on men who celebrate this kind of casual romance.

Bottom line is this: Posters here at the RooshV Forum know that, if you screw around with enough women, eventually one will accuse you of “raping” her. Especially if you’re famous. (To wit, the recent Return of Kings article which shows how women will retroactively badge casual sexual encounters “rape”) My experience with women is that they throw around the word “rape” when they really mean “I don’t want to take any responsibility for the fact we had sex.”

Now, back to Treon Harris. We don’t know what happened between him and her, but he claims to be innocent There was speculation, tweeted by a reporter close to the people in question (which he later deleted, probably because of pressure from feminists), that “the girl in question has been with Harris multiple times, she got jealous and said he sexually assaulted her”.

If Andy Hutchins doesn’t think Harris’ problem is being promiscuous, perhaps she expects him to magically be able to read women’s minds before having sex with them to see if they will think it’s rape after the fact.

The fact that Treon Harris got suspended from the football team for nothing more than an unfounded accusation is scary. He is nothing more than the latest victim in the witch hunt against football players.

“Even if Treon Harris is innocent, the fact that he put himself in a situation where he can be accused of rape means he should be suspended.”

So men who run good game, have 5 or more notches a month and sometimes the women they're bangin find out...are rapists by association?

I would really like to know what drugs this woman is on.

One tiny step closer to thoughtcrime. Slippery slope to everyone is guilty all the time, then anyone can be accused at any time, giving the government complete control.

Like I said in another thread, someone needs to get some balls and sue the team/leagues/schools to make them stop this madness. Once they get taken to the cleaners a few times they will stop it. With no legal basis, I doubt they could just suspend this kid like this. He could sue for damages to his draft stock and potential future earnings. These athletes need to lawyer up and not back down until they get their money.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Film everything.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

Sometimes reading shit like this just makes you want to take your dick and go home.
Glad I got out of the country before going mad with all the paranoia. I don't know how you guys can deal with it.

Women seem to be trying to get to the point of not being responsible for anything they do in any way. Notice how the hag in the article says its his fault even if he did not rape her.[Image: dodgy.gif]

What kind of device is best for filming all these interactions?

Forget just witch hunts. You can stir the pot with this recipe:

Black man
White woman
South
Rape accusations

If these people had any honesty or self-awareness, they would realize they are walking the same path as racists in the 1930s

"One Andy Hutchins recently posted a click-bait opinion piece where she says..."

More evidence that women who have (or use) men's names have penis envy and/or a gigantic chip on their shoulder and should be avoided.

Quote: (10-07-2014 09:39 AM)alexdagr81 Wrote:  

Black man
White woman
South
Rape accusations

If these people had any honesty or self-awareness, they would realize they are walking the same path as racists in the 1930s

Jameis Winston went through this recently. I'm hoping the accuser gets outed soon because I want to see what she looks like. I wanna know if she is a blonde white girl like the one in Winston's case or a black girl. The skin color may not matter, but I need to see her to figure this out. I just hope this kid lawyers up and makes these people pay. If he kisses ass and sucks up to his masters, like the AD/President that basically called him guilty in a press conference, this will continue and get out of control.

1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Here's what will happen, if Treon is innocent:

The fans and the college will successfully pressure the presiding officials to get him acquitted.

But it won't be because the system is just. The odds of getting a just outcome are enormously multiplied becuse Treon is an athlete on a star team. Were Treon a typical male student, his likely fate would be far worse.

Quote: (10-07-2014 06:16 AM)placer Wrote:  

Treon Harris recently got suspended from playing college football because he was accused, probably falsely, of sexual assault.

One Andy Hutchins recently posted a click-bait opinion piece where she says, in so many words “Even if Treon Harris is innocent, the fact that he put himself in a situation where he can be accused of rape means he should be suspended.”

OK, fair. As someone who believes sex should be a lifetime monogamous commitment, I can see the point of telling people “If you’re promiscuous, you can get in trouble.”

However, Andy Hutchins does not appear to feel the same way. In multiple cases, she has attacked men for “slut shaming”. On a Tumblr entry from 2012, she complained of her drug dealer roommate hanging out with some guys and “slut-shaming”, stating the following:

Hearing my dealer roommate and his stoner friends talk about rape in the military and slut-shaming and reconciling it with their loud-ass talk definitely interfering with my chance of getting to sleep at a human hour and them saying the idea that being in the military is “such a good gig”: People are awful and good and annoying and I really should live by myself for a while.

In addition, Andy Hutchins liked an article encouraging promiscuous sex, which devotes a few paragraphs encouraging women to be promiscuous, starting with this line:

The framing of this video fundamentally robs women of their right to wear tight pants, drink alcohol or get into cars (read: trucks) with men. It frowns on men who celebrate this kind of casual romance.

Bottom line is this: Posters here at the RooshV Forum know that, if you screw around with enough women, eventually one will accuse you of “raping” her. Especially if you’re famous. (To wit, the recent Return of Kings article which shows how women will retroactively badge casual sexual encounters “rape”) My experience with women is that they throw around the word “rape” when they really mean “I don’t want to take any responsibility for the fact we had sex.”

Now, back to Treon Harris. We don’t know what happened between him and her, but he claims to be innocent There was speculation, tweeted by a reporter close to the people in question (which he later deleted, probably because of pressure from feminists), that “the girl in question has been with Harris multiple times, she got jealous and said he sexually assaulted her”.

If Andy Hutchins doesn’t think Harris’ problem is being promiscuous, perhaps she expects him to magically be able to read women’s minds before having sex with them to see if they will think it’s rape after the fact.

The fact that Treon Harris got suspended from the football team for nothing more than an unfounded accusation is scary. He is nothing more than the latest victim in the witch hunt against football players.

Being a mindreader is not enough, you must be Muad'dib and be able to predict the future with perfect accuracy.

Quote: (10-07-2014 08:51 AM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Like I said in another thread, someone needs to get some balls and sue the team/leagues/schools to make them stop this madness. Once they get taken to the cleaners a few times they will stop it. With no legal basis, I doubt they could just suspend this kid like this. He could sue for damages to his draft stock and potential future earnings. These athletes need to lawyer up and not back down until they get their money.

This was tried. In California, this caused the legislature to pass a law making this almost impossible.

This isn't possible. According to the courts, if he goes to trial and is found not guilty, it doesn't mean he's innocent. If charges are never filed, it means there was insubstantial evidence, which doesn't mean he's innocent.

The only way he could sue and obtain monies is if he is actually found legally innocent. That is a separate hearing with no jury, and judges rarely give that. Short of being able to prove you were in Spain at the time she made the accusations, a judge is not going to declare you innocent in a sexual assault case.

It's the bullshit system we live in.

Quote: (10-07-2014 05:07 PM)DarkTriad Wrote:  

This was tried. In California, this caused the legislature to pass a law making this almost impossible.

I hadn't heard this. Do you mind sending me a link describing this law?

Quote: (10-07-2014 05:09 PM)BallsDeep Wrote:  

This isn't possible. According to the courts, if he goes to trial and is found not guilty, it doesn't mean he's innocent. If charges are never filed, it means there was insubstantial evidence, which doesn't mean he's innocent.

The only way he could sue and obtain monies is if he is actually found legally innocent. That is a separate hearing with no jury, and judges rarely give that. Short of being able to prove you were in Spain at the time she made the accusations, a judge is not going to declare you innocent in a sexual assault case.

It's the bullshit system we live in.

If that is true, young men are truly fucked. That makes the red pill and dating abroad possibly the only solution left. If shit like this is required to clear one's name to prevent loss of endorsements, etc. I don't know what else anyone can do. That's truly fucked up if true.

Quote: (10-07-2014 06:08 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

If that is true, young men are truly fucked. That makes the red pill and dating abroad possibly the only solution left. If shit like this is required to clear one's name to prevent loss of endorsements, etc. I don't know what else anyone can do. That's truly fucked up if true.

Yes young men are fucked.

The legislature's reasoning is they don't want "victims" to fear going to the police.

The consequence is young men get their lives and reputations dragged through the gutter.

Meanwhile accusers' identities never get published in the name of "journalistic integrity."

Some chick on the dailybeast is enraged that Harris' lawyer suggests that a rape might not have taken place:

“We know that an individual has given testimony to law enforcement that he had sexual relations with the alleged victim less than an hour before the alleged sexual conduct with our client took place. In fact, testimony indicates that the young lady in question was the sexual aggressor in that interaction,” according to Johnson’s statement.

What is most irritating is that local papers are HEADLINING with the fact that the accuser reportedly had sex with another man right before the alleged incident with Harris. Of course, this will never fly in court under the federal rape shield law, which prohibits using evidence of a victim’s past sexual history to undermine credibility, but the damage has been done.

Harris’s lawyer continued by commenting on the alleged victim’s lack of impairment. “She wasn’t drunk or high, so it can’t be rape,” Deadspin put it sarcastically. The press release said the two were seen holding hands before the alleged sexual battery—because apparently holding hands with someone means “I am probably having consensual sex with you shortly” now.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...ictim.html

Some chick on the dailybeast is enraged that Harris' lawyer suggests that a rape might not have taken place:

A Deadspin "author" wrote about the same thing

"Treon Harris's Lawyer: Whatever Happened, The Accuser Is To Blame"

http://deadspin.com/treon-harriss-lawyer...1644342490

Looking at the body of her work, these kinds of "scandals" are pretty much her M.O.

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gopher...22091.html

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — Florida quarterback Treon Harris has been fully reinstated by the university and the football team after a fellow student accuser withdrew her sexual battery complaint against the freshman.

The school said in a statement Friday that the woman who made the allegation "is not pursuing criminal charges against him at this time, but maintains the right to do so in the future." The university added that it is not proceeding with any action against Harris.

Florida coach Will Muschamp responded by reinstating Harris, but said he will not play in Saturday night's game against Southeastern Conference rival LSU.

Man they just wanna own you, don't they? She can reinstate the action? You have a case or you don't. Fucking cunt.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

I learned first-hand, chicks who are down to do you and the homie, red flags all day, every day.

Quote: (10-07-2014 09:45 AM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Black man
White woman
South
Rape accusations

Jameis Winston went through this recently.

Respectfully I don't know if Winston is the best example. He has had similar issues in the past, has obvious character issues (crab legs) and generally strikes me a gigantic piece of shit. (Not to mention he definitely raped the dictionary after that BCS Championship win.)

Also, not that this means much, but his accuser has at least stood firm in her accusations for going-on two years. The Harris thing seems quite different, as he's already virtually been exonerated.

Quote: (10-11-2014 12:50 AM)Stun Wrote:  

Quote: (10-07-2014 09:45 AM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Black man
White woman
South
Rape accusations

Jameis Winston went through this recently.

Respectfully I don't know if Winston is the best example. He has had similar issues in the past, has obvious character issues (crab legs) and generally strikes me a gigantic piece of shit. (Not to mention he definitely raped the dictionary after that BCS Championship win.)

Also, not that this means much, but his accuser has at least stood firm in her accusations for going-on two years. The Harris thing seems quite different, as he's already virtually been exonerated.

This isn't different. Winston is an idiot, but that is not even a shred of proof that he is a rapist. A clown is not a rapist. If you do not have proof that he raped that idiotic bitch who had sex with two guys the same night after him, you are making the same logical error that feminists use to shame men.

^ You are correct, Winston may be guilty of nothing more than being an asshole. Harris comes across as a genuinely good kid though, and that's how I mean they are different. Admit I could be wrong about that too- going off intuition of human nature and what limited knowledge we have of the situation.

The aftermath: To save people a click, here is the NYT article:

More than two weeks after the freshman quarterback Treon Harris was accused of rape, a complaint that was later withdrawn, the University of Florida released the complete police report Wednesday.

The report indicated that a female student told the campus police that Harris had raped her, using his body weight to hold her down while she repeatedly protested and tried to escape. The next day, according to the documents, Harris texted her, saying, “Don’t tell nobody bout nothing.”

In an interview with the police less than 36 hours after the encounter, Harris, 19, said he had had sex with the student but repeatedly denied that he had raped her. Harris said the text message was a reference to his not wanting another woman to find out about the encounter.

According to the documents, when a detective suggested that the accuser might have been too drunk to give consent, Harris said: “She was talking fine, she was looking fine. She would — she just kept saying she all right.”

The accuser, whose name was redacted in the documents, reported the encounter just after midnight on Oct. 6, saying it took place at about 2 a.m. on Oct. 5. Harris, accused of sexual battery under state law, was suspended from the team on Oct. 6.

After the accuser withdrew her complaint on Oct. 9, reserving the right to press charges in the future, Harris was reinstated.

The university initially released a heavily redacted report on Oct. 9, saying at the time, “We cannot discuss what is happening at all because it is protected by student privacy laws.”

The university had no comment Wednesday.

“This has obviously been an unfortunate and traumatic event for Mr. Harris and his family and for the young lady and her family,” Huntley Johnson, a lawyer for Harris, said Wednesday. “The judicial system and the University of Florida have both reached the appropriate resolution in this case.”

On Wednesday, Coach Will Muschamp told reporters that Harris would start Florida’s next game, against Georgia on Nov. 1.

That's somewhat biased, so some relevant parts the NYT conveniently left out from a Miami Herald Article:

Johnson [Harris' lawyer] said the accuser had sexual relations with another man an hour before the alleged incident with Harris, and text-messaged Harris immediately after he rallied the Gators to a 10-9 win over Tennessee in Knoxville.

The UFPD’s incident report corroborates Johnson’s claim, with a heavily redacted section detailing the alleged victim’s sexual encounter with another football player.

[...]

The group then drove to a Kangaroo gas station nearby, where surveillance cameras show Harris and the accuser walking arm-and-arm into the store.