rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Good looking guys give the worst Game advice

I am an average looking guy who has average success with women. have just started hanging out with a lot of successful guys when it comes to girls.We have been hitting the clubs on a weekly basis and having chick magnets has really helped me get laid through social game. The good looking dudes just hang around and wait for girls to approach or give obvious IOIs. However when I ask for tips they give some of the most useless advice ever. One told me that 'everything counts' and others just say, 'it just happens bro.' The ugly dudes we hang out with who do get laid give the most helpful advice. They stress dressing well, approaching, escalating and moving on if the interaction is not fruitful. Really starting to believe ugly dudes understand Game more than the physically appealing ones. Has anyone noticed the same thing?

Don't debate me.

Yep. The title says it all. Probably a downfall of mine...I have a lot of very stable, reasonably successful, natural type friends.

I'd say "Natural guys give the worst game advice"

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Agreed. They search for reasons for their success besides their look, so they often settle on trivial behaviors or qualities that don't make much of a difference. Men should be careful taking game advice from guys who are 2 points or greater more attractive than them.

Taking game advice from good-looking dudes is as bad as taking it from women. In most cases, they have no idea why they're successful.

I say this in my private life all the time. In fact, I briefly considered writing something about it on ROK. The luxury that good-looking guys have are that they can make mistakes with chicks and get away with it. So they never really know what works and what doesn't. The worst are some of the above-average looking dudes selling their advice. Their tips and lines are often outright laughable.

The same holds true for dudes that are above-average in height, to a certain extent. Height (and general size) is probably the single most important determinant of attraction from a woman. If a 6'4" guy comes around trying to tell me what works and what doesn't, I shut him down and dismantle his so-called "game" piece by piece. The conversation usually ends with me saying, "Dude, you're coasting on your looks. You have no idea what game is."

The best game advice comes from average dudes with above-average results. End of story.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

"Just be yourself"

[Image: gtfo.gif]

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Kinda true.

My best friend is what you would call a good looking guy: Tall (6'2), multi-lingual, muscular physique and he teaches men how to kill other men for a living. He just has a strong, masculine vibe. Women are warm to him before he even talks to them. He can run nice guy game because he's so intimidating that women would be scared of him if he tried to run ultra aggressive game on them. He doesn't give me advice because he knows it wouldn't work the same way for us. I have to talk to a chick a lot, whereas he can just kinda grunt and point and she'll eventually find the way to his bedroom.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

"You just gotta smile."

"I let her make the first move." (Also known as, "I'm not the aggressive type.")

Watch this clip from the documentary Science of Sex Appeal. "How to Flirt" (@0:27):

[Image: tumblr_mlm6zrqZOL1s9eoyco1_500.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Ok, can we have the definition for this because the term; "good look guy" is quite varied.

There are good looking guys and then there are guys who can model. Good looking guys do get blown out for being too aggressive, too lacklustre etc.

Models just sit back and have very little to do with the action.

It's a lot the same reason why mediocre athletes often become the best coaches. The great athletes usually become lousy coaches.

It's not so much that they give bad advice but rather, they give advice that doesn't particularly suit your given physicality.

I know two frat bros who are very good looking. One's 6'3 and the other 6'6. They're both very aggressive with a take or leave it attitude and even if they were laid back, these guys absolutely kill it everywhere they go. I honestly can't see any PUA beating them (in terms of laying the most women) unless they were to match their looks first.

The reason I say this is because Game really can't do it all. Girls, especially young ones, go feral when a handsome guy is present. That small spark of initial attraction does come from some form of visual appeal. This is why I believe genuine attraction is something that cannot be negotiate or controlled.

After all, like David D said, "Attraction isn't a choice."

"If men knew all that women think, they would be twenty times more daring."- Jean-Baptiste Alphonse Karr

If you want to learn what it takes to train a successful racehorse, you don't ask the racehorse.

Important to remember that "good looks" for a male doesn't usually mean "model" looks, e.g., a "pretty" guy may get above-average attention but he won't usually slay unless he also has above-average confidence (physicality, financial resources, etc.).

Sheer imposing physicality plays a big role, and the small men like Style are the exceptions that prove the rule. Krauser and Fisto are not small men, they have put in lots of fighting ring time, and their attitude exudes it. A male who looks like he can be easily physically intimidated by other males doesn't trigger primal attraction. "Tall" is female code for "physically imposing."

To appreciate the primal attraction a girl feels toward a large-framed male, look at any 90- or 100-lb young girl with a small waist and bountiful breasts.

To appreciate the revulsion a girl feels toward an Urkel, look at any morbidly obese female.

Of course attraction is way more complicated for women than men (social proof/preselection), just pointing out that height/weight/musculature are the base everything else rests on.

Haha! I have a friend who's 6'3, ~200 lbs, doesn't work out (if he did, he'd likely be ready for an Abercrombie shoot within a few months), and looks like he just walked out of a magazine.

He has some confidence issues, which some girls probably find "cute", because he's that good looking. Shit taste in women too. I get the impression he just takes whoever opens herself to him.

I guess the higher your SMV, the more likely it is that things that would usually be DLVs become "cute".

I don't really take game advice from anybody, good looking or otherwise. Our mileage is based on too many personal factors. Guys can only give you knowledge on what's worked for them, but not what's gonna work for you. Good looking guys say "it just sort of happens" because for them, it just kind of does. That's just their reality.

We all live in our own reality and have to adjust our game accordingly.

Do some trial and error and come up with a system that works for you.

This is so true it's not even funny. I seriously laugh at "PUAs" that try to sell their product with the idea that "looks don't matter for men". Nothing could be further from the truth. I go out with a close friend of mine a lot, he's probably an 8+ on the dudes scale. I've read/applied 100x more game related advice then him. He's the kind of guy that doesn't know this type of forum/site even exists. Because he doesn't even need it. They make the worst wing men too, because they have know idea of any dynamics surrounding them, "it just happened". Don't take game advice from them.

It ain't easy being hansum.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Taking advice from model looking guys about game is like asking guys with muscle who never have to work out about how to work out.

Quote: (08-30-2014 01:50 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

The best game advice comes from average dudes with above-average results. End of story.

This. "Game" is about outperformance.

Haters!

If you all wore tight jeans like me you'd get the same amount of tail.

Quote: (08-30-2014 04:11 PM)YoungBlood Wrote:  

It's not so much that they give bad advice but rather, they give advice that doesn't particularly suit your given physicality.

This.

Good looking guys don't have to jump through the same hoops as average looking guys. Therefore, most of them have no need to learn game.

Since they never learned game, they shouldn't be expected to teach it.

It's not just the very good looking guys, guys with status are the same if not worse.

Their advice are:
"Buy her lots of drinks, when she get drunk it's very easy to pull and bang her"
"Just be yourself"
"Give her your facebook so she can see who you are, with whom you hang out with, your massive social life ecc, after she sees your life she will agree to get laid because she wanna be part in your fun life"
"Go in a club, take a table and buy lots of expensive bottles....when they see you have money they will flock at your table and you can get laid easily"
"You don't need to approach at all, do you see a good looking girl? great! add her on facebook as a friend, send her a message, chat her up a little bit and then ask her out, most of the time you can bang her in the following weeks".
"Just approach the girls that act slutty in the dance floor".
"Very easy. Let a friend you have in common introduce yourself to her (or her group). it's way easier to bang girls when someone introduce you".
"Just bust her balls until she agrees to go home with you".

Ecc...

It's the same as taking money advice from a guy with rich parents. If you haven't had to earn whatever you get in life you have no idea what it takes to get it. Better yet, if you can't teach what you know, you really don't know it. I have probably learned more from trying to help other guys than anything else.

Unless the good-looking guy is well-established in the game community, like Mystery. We can all agree that he is good-looking, right? Tall as hell, too.

I disagree. Sure, that good looking guys pull more because of their looks, obviously. But we've all seen the good looking guys who can't seem to pull because they lack game. so there's more going on. What I think is really happening here is that game is more individualized than people realize. Game that works for a good looking guy is not the same game that's going to work for an average guy. Sure, there are consistent overlaps that are key for everybody - approach, escalate, .

But I've seen this firsthand even with myself. I'm a decent looking guy, so I've approached plenty of women better looking than me and plenty of women less good looking than me. Energetic, entertaining shit that works with attractive women comes off gamey and can scare away a 5 (assuming you're like a 7). But the lowkey game that'll pull a 5 bores an 8.

tldr - Their game is just different from our game