rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where do I start?

Where do I start?

Very new to red pill. I'm 19 years old and I've been a colossal pussy my whole life. I want to improve my life with red pill philosophy and would appreciate some help on where to start like "must read articles and posts"

Any help would be appreciated.

Where do I start?

Quote: (07-27-2014 12:46 PM)JamesW95 Wrote:  

Very new to red pill. I'm 19 years old and I've been a colossal pussy my whole life. I want to improve my life with red pill philosophy and would appreciate some help on where to start like "must read articles and posts"

Any help would be appreciated.

Here, the newbie forum. As for blogs I'd recommend Roosh, KrauserPUA, Heartiste (from 2008-2010ish), and Danger & Play.

Where do I start?

How new are you to red pill ideas? How much reading have you done? Where are you at in your love life, your professional life, and your social life? Where do you want to be in those areas?

There is no one-sized fits all approach, though I wish there was.

The most important steps you should take regardless of how familiar you are with red pill thinking are twofold: learning and self-improvement. And you should never stop learning or refining your self. The quickest way to do this is to start lifting weights and start reading.

I feel that this post is an important perspective. It's one of the first major red pill posts as well:
http://www.singularity2050.com/2010/01/t...ubble.html

Rollo of The Rational Male has some extraordinary content to help you make sense of the world and establish your own framework:
http://therationalmale.com/the-best-of-r...-year-one/

But those are just my suggestions and they may not work for you. I'm admittedly more drawn to the more intellectual side of the philosophy, but there are certainly other aspects that people find appealing that motivate their own study.

There's a lot of great content out there that people on these forums would consider good places to start as well. It really depends on what fits your own personality and motivations.

Where do I start?

People like congruency. People won't like you sticking up for yourself.

First homework assignment:

Get in a fist fight. You don't have to win, but that might jump start you into the right mindset.

Where do I start?

http://heartiste.wordpress.com/the-sixte...s-of-poon/

Where do I start?

Quote: (07-27-2014 01:09 PM)KorbenDallas Wrote:  

People like congruency. People won't like you sticking up for yourself.

First homework assignment:

Get in a fist fight. You don't have to win, but that might jump start you into the right mindset.

No, advocating criminality to a newbie is terrible advice.

Where do I start?

I'm relatively new to red pill. I've read quite a lot of articles on ROK stemming back a couple of months ago. My love life is non existent. I'm still a virgin although I've kissed like 3 girls or something. I used to be a white knight when I was younger. My social life is okay I guess, I've got a couple of very good friends and acquaintances that I go out with sometimes. I just finished my A levels in the UK and I'm going to university in September to study accountancy and I also work part time as a bar man.

Obviously I want to excel in all areas. I don't want to be a virgin anymore and I want to be slaying regularly.

I worked out for a total of 6 months and stopped a month ago. I made no gains despite regular attendance and bulking. I have come to the conclusion that I have extremely low testosterone levels and high estrogen levels. I retain fat in my legs and have a feminine physique which is extremely embarrassing for me. I'm looking to start testosterone replacement therapy in the next month, begin bulking again and beginning Muay Thai.

I will read the articles you all suggested so far.

Where do I start?

JamesW95. Just read. And read some more. The fact that you are here is a start.

But respectfully, the fact that you are asking people to tell you where to start, to me, isn't a good sign to me. You need to set your own course.

Search topics that interest you. Read through the newbie section.

Don't feel like it will come overnight, so take the pressure off having to find the "right way" to learn red pill thinking. Which in the end, will be tailored to your needs. Every guy on this forum is different than you, thus what red pill will mean to you will be tailored to who you are.

In post 7 you mentioned a few items.

Here is one on testosterone (there are many threads) http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-28966-page-4.html
Also, MikeCF runs a blog called dangerandplay.com and it has a lot of workout/red pill info.

A search on gaining/lifting http://www.google.com/cse?cx=01264455029...gsc.page=1

Here is a post by thedude 3737 post 81 http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-15659-...pid263451. I just read it this morning. He has this great line in his post "Red-pill wisdom is about taking control and framing our lifestyle by our own terms."

One last thing, it might be easy just to check the new posts of the day, I skim through the subject headlines and just read what interests me. But it has led me to a lot of useful things I didn't think about.

I wish you the best, I really do. Wasn't trying to be a dick. I want everyone to do well in life. Welcome to the board!

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Where do I start?

In addition to some of the reading that were suggested, get out there and start approaching. There is no substitute for practical experience. Start now and you will be light years ahead of your cohort. I wish I had know about daygame at your age.

Where do I start?

I'm not physically ready to start approaching. I'm putting girls on hold right now. I'm not confident in my body or looks. In 18 months though however I will be ready. I have a bad overbite (11mm) and a receded chin which is in the process of being corrected. In addition with the TRT and exercise ill be ready.

Also thank you everyone for the links and reading material. I appreciate it a lot!

Where do I start?

Quote: (07-27-2014 02:58 PM)JamesW95 Wrote:  

I'm not physically ready to start approaching. I'm putting girls on hold right now. I'm not confident in my body or looks. In 18 months though however I will be ready. I have a bad overbite (11mm) and a receded chin which is in the process of being corrected. In addition with the TRT and exercise ill be ready.

Also thank you everyone for the links and reading material. I appreciate it a lot!

No. Get your ass out there and start approaching right away. You will never be ready or confident "enough". In fact this is the worst excuse for procastination.

The point of approaching FTM isn't to get you laid yet. It is so that you will learn the good, the bad and the ugly of red pill. Unless you are a natural your first 1000 approaches will be a bloodbath, but from which you will arise a man baptized in the blood of rejection, desperation and false hope. You will realize that its nothing that scary at all. If anything its just require a lot of leg work.

We can tell you to read/watch this or that but you will never learn anything unless you get out there and approach. Do you get ripped by watching gym videos or books? No. And most people learn how to better their workout through months of actually getting their fat asses to the gym, bc every one is different and what works for us will not work for you. The exact same thing is with approach.

And then theres a shit load of side effects, i.e losing beta friends, hatred and anger management, post-fuck emotional control etc. You can only learn that stuff by getting out there.

Get out there and report, we re here to help you.

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

Where do I start?

^^^What he said.

It's not like you wait 18 months and get your look right and all the sudden girls are going be falling over you.

It's going to be a struggle and the sooner you start cold-approaching the better. Do what you can now via clothes or a new haircut but then accept yourself while you improve yourself.

I've done the weaseling..."once I get a new job"..."once I get a new apartment"..."once I get a six pack". You have to just say fuck it, I'm good enough right now.

About the reading material, I take it back, all those blogs I mentioned are great. But I wouldn't start with a blog. It is too much information and lets you feel like you're accomplishing something when you're 90% mental masturbating.

Get a copy of Bang, read it and get going.

Where do I start?

Quote: (07-27-2014 02:58 PM)JamesW95 Wrote:  

I have a bad overbite (11mm) and a receded chin which is in the process of being corrected.

Is this you?
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-36264.html

Where do I start?

No that's not me. I have an overbite which means my lower jaw is receded. Over the past 2 years it's moved back and has been blocking my airways. It also looks terrible. The surgery is 50% cosmetic and %50 functional. I can't wait til my treatment is over. I currently have braces.

A lifetime of allergies has caused my chin to recede because of mouth breathing and also looks terrible.

To the above guys. I've been burned a lot of times and I don't think I have the mental strength to do it all over again until I'm ready. I don't think I can do it. I would love to but I don't know.

I apologise if I'm coming across as a loser or beta, I know it's the last thing you guys want to read on this forum.

Where do I start?

Quote: (07-27-2014 01:18 PM)JamesW95 Wrote:  

I'm relatively new to red pill. I've read quite a lot of articles on ROK stemming back a couple of months ago. My love life is non existent. I'm still a virgin although I've kissed like 3 girls or something. I used to be a white knight when I was younger. My social life is okay I guess, I've got a couple of very good friends and acquaintances that I go out with sometimes. I just finished my A levels in the UK and I'm going to university in September to study accountancy and I also work part time as a bar man.

Obviously I want to excel in all areas. I don't want to be a virgin anymore and I want to be slaying regularly.

I worked out for a total of 6 months and stopped a month ago. I made no gains despite regular attendance and bulking. I have come to the conclusion that I have extremely low testosterone levels and high estrogen levels. I retain fat in my legs and have a feminine physique which is extremely embarrassing for me. I'm looking to start testosterone replacement therapy in the next month, begin bulking again and beginning Muay Thai.

I will read the articles you all suggested so far.

Well then you have had some success with women. You have kissed them. Think about the energy you were channeling then and what you did then that made those girls want to kiss you.

Then think about what you did that made the girls not want to take it a step further.

Think about it like this, almost all game-unaware men get laid somehow. They may not know how they do it, but they do it. Dont let being inexperienced eat away at your confidence. You have already made a big first step. You are choosing to arm yourself with game and to make other self-improvements. Many people dont even go as far to try and improve their lives at all.

You are young, very young at 19. You dont even peak in your Sexual Market Value (SMV) until your mid 30s. If you spend the next two years getting in shape and practicing your game. You will be a pussy slayer by the time you graduate college.

First homework assignment will be to get in shape. This will help you look better and we all know when you look good, you feel good. You will be more confident.

As for resources to read:
-Roosh V Forum

Books
-Bang by Roosh
-Day Bang by Roosh
-Daygame Nitro by Krauser
-The Rational Male by Rollo Tomassi

Blogs
-Roosh V
-Chateau Heartiste
-KrauserPUA
-TheRationalMale
-Bold & Determined
-Danger & Play

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

Where do I start?

Just google "Roosh V" you'll find your way.

Where do I start?

If the surgery is even partly functional, then definitely do it. I'm assuming that you have consulted doctors regarding this. As for allergies, what have the doctors said about it? It sounds like these health issues are really affecting your quality of life and need to be straightened out as soon as possible.

In the case of the allergies, are you having chronic sinus infection? I used to have similar issues and it was quite troublesome. Although it sounds like your case is more serious.

Quote: (07-27-2014 05:56 PM)JamesW95 Wrote:  

No that's not me. I have an overbite which means my lower jaw is receded. Over the past 2 years it's moved back and has been blocking my airways. It also looks terrible. The surgery is 50% cosmetic and %50 functional. I can't wait til my treatment is over. I currently have braces.

A lifetime of allergies has caused my chin to recede because of mouth breathing and also looks terrible.

To the above guys. I've been burned a lot of times and I don't think I have the mental strength to do it all over again until I'm ready. I don't think I can do it. I would love to but I don't know.

I apologise if I'm coming across as a loser or beta, I know it's the last thing you guys want to read on this forum.

Where do I start?

Quote: (07-27-2014 05:56 PM)JamesW95 Wrote:  

Don't be so hard on yourself, the guys are just offering advice and encouragement. As long as you are not constantly whining about the same thing/issue over and over, guys are going to want to help. As I said, welcome to the board, read and know things are going to be better. Maybe the timing/pace may not be what you would like but focus on the goals. A man needs to have goals, they can always change with new information/changes in situation. But you have to have goals.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Where do I start?

Pacific:

Yes it's functional. It's covered by the NHS as it comes under a serious dental issue. I have sleep apnea because of it as well. When I'm awake I push my jaw forward to make it seem normal although it doesn't reach fully and aches after a while. When I sleep my jaw goes back and blocks my airways and causes sleep apnea as well as problems eating etc.

I've never consulted with my doctor about allergies to be honest. When I was younger I never used to take anti histamines etc I just ignored it. My nose was always blocked. Now its under control with strong anti histamines and a specific nasal spray for the membrane or something like that which works wonders.

Samsamsam:

I greatly appreciate the advice and these boards and I think they can really help me and one day hopefully I'll be able to give advice back. I will definitely not moan and whine etc because I know how annoying it is. Thank you all for welcoming me.

I've been eating the blue pill my whole life. Raised by a single mother who was absent quite a lot, feminism in the UK, as well a media brainwashing. It's going to take a long time and I just don't want to rush into anything whether it be getting into a fist fight with a stranger or approaching some hot girls. I'm looking to take baby steps right about now

Where do I start?

Here are two things I'd like to add to the above: (1) start talking to everyone no matter what situation you're in... Old man, hot girl, okay girl, whatever.. Just talk to them; that will make it easier for you to start talking to girls and (2) start lifting

Where do I start?

Don't wait bruh.

There's this great quote by Jonah Falcon, the man with the largest penis in the world (13.5"):

I'm paraphrasing:

"Guys tell me all the time, 'Jonah, if only I had what you had, I'd get laid so much more.' And I tell them 'No, you'd be the exact same person and you'd get the exact same results. The only difference would be that you have a big penis.'"

Takeaway: start approaching right now. In 18 months you are going to be the exact same person, just with more muscle and less overbite.

Regarding approach anxiety: very few people ever totally get rid of it. It's a natural human NEED to feel accepted and welcomed by people. But once you start approaching it feels great. It's a confidence boost just knowing that you can say hi to a woman. And here's another thing: getting rejected doesn't feel bad at all. You think it's going to hurt your ego, but it doesn't. I don't know why. At least for me. So go approach some girls. Take responsibility for your life instead of letting life just happen to you.

Founding Member of TEAM DOUBLE WRAPPED CONDOMS

Where do I start?

And you're 19? You probably shouldn't be going on TRT. When you didn't notice any gains lifting, did your lifts go up at all? It could just be that they were hidden under a layer of fat. 6 months really isn't very much time at all.

There's a lot of resources out there for raising testosterone. Eat big lift big. Godspeed

Founding Member of TEAM DOUBLE WRAPPED CONDOMS

Where do I start?

I'd offer similar advice, as others have mentioned, to just talk to everyone. If you're working as a bar man that should afford you lots of opportunities to talk to do that. Start all of that now and again talk to anyone and everyone.

Get your surgery, lift weights, stay the course since you're only 19, and your mental game should start lining up. Just don't rush it. Keep pushing yourself and although you more than likely won't be banging 8's and 9's on the regular, I have no doubt that developing your OVERALL game, will change your life in many ways.

A little contrary to what a few others wrote, I'd suggest NOT to read everything out there about game. It's overload, and you'll get bogged down in the details at this stage. Later on, you can start implementing more specifics to sharpen your game, but for now stick to concepts. Pick one or two like Roosh or McQueen, and as you read their stuff, think about the overall concept they're trying to get across. Use that.

An example:
Concept: Body Language
There's a ton of information you can read about regarding body language. Keep it simple.
-Avoid leaning in.
-Maintain good eye contact.
-Don't cross your arms.

Since you're probably self conscious about your mouth/teeth at this point, that may carry over even after your surgery. You have to do whatever it takes to break that mentality. Girls will read it from a mile away. Plus, there's a lot of power in a sincere smile that you'll want to use.

Where do I start?

Read:

The Mystery Method
Bang
Day Bang
The Rational Male
one of McQueen's books after that

blogs:
read ALL of Chateau Heartiste. Seriously, go back to the beginning and read it from there.
Roosh V obviously
Danger and Play is essential
Rational Male blog by Rollo Tomassi is perfect as well

work on yourself:
get to the gym. Do Stronglifts 5x5 for 3 months at least

read masculine style and learn how to dress yourself appropriately

learn a skill, like writing or acting or playing the guitar, something that you can enjoy and that you're better at than most of the people you know

and most importantly: approach. that's the one step you absolutely cannot skip.

Where do I start?

Like the other guys have said: make the most of the socialising you can do in bar work.

Don't expect to get results straight away, just strike up conversations, be chatty and congenial. It will build your confidence, and make you realise how easy it is to talk to women, and people in general, and you'll discover that most people are very receptive to talking to a friendly person.

Also, I would recommend reading BlackDragon's blog. His writing is simple, yet precise, and very easy to digest.

You've come to the right place. The discourse and knowledge here is second to none.