rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What are some things I should know before moving to California?

SoCal (LA) to be exact. I plan on moving in a few months, hopefully by the end of the year from Georgia.

I'll be working remotely so compute won't be a problem and I'll have a car.

The cities I'm looking at are Sherman Oaks and Burbank. Are they good cities for young guys? I'm 19 (maybe 20 by the time I move). Also, I'm black, but I'm more into los latinas, white girls, and sometimes asian girls, so will interracial dating be a problem there?

So what are some tips and things I should be aware of before moving out?

Hotel California ... you can check in any time, but you can never leave for tax purposes.

Search feature mayne

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-16165.html

U​ of Roosh Class of 2420

Man if you love that chica chica hit up the Inland Empire-dude I went to a Mall in Pomona off the 210 and they had this big ass night time carnival fairground next to the mall, and traffic out the ass and there were Mexican girls everywhere-it was like being in Mexico.

Huntington Beach has a mixed crowd that would be good for a younger guy- very mixed ethnically, and lots of tat artsy chicks.

Pasadena has Colorado Blvd-very mixed crowd there. Same deal with San Fernando Blvd in Burbank (my favorite area)

Alhambra has tons of Asians like a ton of young Asian girls walking down the street.

You should consider Vegas too-way cheaper (decent 1br apt for 800 not 1600 like LA)
Christian McQueen has got you covered-
http://blockedurl.com/2014/04/10/11-cold...las-vegas/

http://blockedurl.com/2014/04/08/14-cold...s-angeles/

McQueen and Dagonet

if you read this-
tell the OP spots of SoCal soaked with Asians, etc.

Where are a ton of white as flat paint blonde and red head chicks on the West coast?

I dont want diversity-I love white white girls. Never saw a spot like this in SOCAL I need NorCal or EE probably.

Chino Hills is a reasonably priced spot in the Inland Empire0definitely alot of Aztec warriors and princesses there.

The In-N-Out Burger "secret" menu.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Quote: (07-06-2014 03:38 PM)DevonHardy Wrote:  

SoCal (LA) to be exact. I plan on moving in a few months, hopefully by the end of the year from Georgia.

The cities I'm looking at are Sherman Oaks and Burbank. Are they good cities for young guys? I'm 19 (maybe 20 by the time I move). Also, I'm black, but I'm more into los latinas, white girls, and sometimes asian girls, so will interracial dating be a problem there?

Sherman Oaks is nice, I lived there for a few years. Get a spot within walking distance of Ventura Blvd near the main bars: Mad Bulls etc and you'll be fine.

Also, consider Studio City which is closer to Hwood.

There are girls of every size, shape and ethnicity in LA, it's a smorgasboard of pussy, so you'll do just fine.

Track down this movie, its pretty accurate about the Hollywood Scene.

You're also 20 and I'd live in the middle of Hollywood if you can. Part of midcity would probably be good as well. There are lots of different races all over the place and its really central to everything.

You'll be in a somewhat dumpy place unless you're balling (won't be a dealbreaker), but its the place you can probably get into nightlife venues with a fake ID or less hassles, there are random parties everywhere and you can get dialed into the scene really well. Remember the first rule in LA: logistics, logistics, logistics.

You'll also be around younger people that like to party and go out. You want to get connected to people that will get you into "industry" type parties, this will get you connected at clubs/bars and other events

The race thing is a non-issue, for the most part.

Stay the hell away from Burbank though. Sherman Oaks is kind of iffy too, I mean there ARE some bars, but its a somewhat suburban/conservative for LA. Save that for when you're older and want to "get away from all the craziness", but if you're a young buck wanting to do LA up right when you're young, you go to the great areas for young people.

Bunk up with roommates near the action, closer to Hollywood if possible. That's a good first year, then if you like it stay if not move more West.

Honestly, it depends on your scene:
- Eagle Rock if you like hipsters
- Hollywood for clubbers
- Venice for surfers, yoga and quasi-hippies
- Downtown for...(just don't go here in the beginning it wavers between ritzy and skid row within 2 blocks)
- Valley, definitely more affordable, not the biggest nightlife scene except for local spots
- Santa Monica when you're making good money and are over your "club years" (if that actually exists, lol)

The most important part is to TRY IT ALL. You'll figure it out.

"Desserts are like mistresses. They are bad for you. So if you are having one, you might as well have two." - Alain Ducasse

Venice Beach all day

Quote: (07-06-2014 03:38 PM)DevonHardy Wrote:  

Burbank is wack. I used to live in Sherman Oaks. Try to stick to area close the intersection of the 405/101 freeways. Nice area. While I don't miss L.A. that much on the whole, I really miss my old neighborhood. It's not heavy on nightlife, but it's pretty walkable by LA standards.

Interracial dating shouldn't be the problem it might be in Georgia. Most the black guys in the forum I've met in L.A. date almost exclusively non-black women.

I don't know what your job and cashflow situation looks like but Sherman Oaks is pretty expensive. L.A. is not easy on the finances and if you don't have a good paying job you're gonna feel squeezed.

Quote: (07-07-2014 06:44 PM)J556 Wrote:  

Where are a ton of white as flat paint blonde and red head chicks on the West coast?

I dont want diversity-I love white white girls. Never saw a spot like this in SOCAL I need NorCal or EE probably.

Santa Barbara, Irvine, N. San Diego County. West L.A.

High cost of living. Overrated. Fake.

Rico

Maybe you could sublet a place off Craigslist for a month. And before you lock down a location you check them out on weekends, evenings, etc. You've gotten good input but only you know what vibe you are looking for.

If you do work at home/location independent maybe you want to be in an area where you could grab your laptop and work with people around you.

Good luck!

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Quote: (07-08-2014 12:01 AM)samsamsam Wrote:  

Maybe you could sublet a place off Craigslist for a month. And before you lock down a location you check them out on weekends, evenings, etc. You've gotten good input but only you know what vibe you are looking for.

If you do work at home/location independent maybe you want to be in an area where you could grab your laptop and work with people around you.

Good luck!

Even better idea PM SamSamSam and ask to crash on his couch for a month. Make sure to throw surprise parties when he's not home and tell him you're too hungover to clean up the mess the next day.

[Image: lol.gif]

[Image: troll.gif]

SoCal:

Asians:
-Westwood (UCLA)
-Irvine (UCI)
-Garden Grove
-Lakewood
-La Jolla (UCSD)

Blondes/Redheads:
-Santa Barbara (UCSB, SBCC)
-Newport Beach
-Corona Del Mar
-Laguna Beach
-Rancho Santa Margarita
-Hermosa Beach
-Pacific Beach (SDSU, USD chicks)
-Dana Point
-San Clemente
-Tustin
-Yorba Linda
-Orange (Chapman)

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

SoCal locals-

What do you consider Colorado Blvd in Old Town Pasadena to be? Wack or decent?

Quote: (07-08-2014 12:23 AM)J556 Wrote:  

SoCal locals-

It's nice, but there's a lack of proper nightclubs there like you'd find in Hollywood. It's an overall pleasant part of town though.

Quote: (07-08-2014 12:23 AM)J556 Wrote:  

SoCal locals-

Wack for nightlife.

Solid for a date with a cute girl.

It's Family 101 over there and the cops are bored and ready to fuck with everyone.

In my experience (a while ago though but I used to go frequently), Old Town Pasadena has a lot of Latinas that come from the surrounding areas for a "nice" night out on the weekends. They get all dressed, the thirsty dudes dress up in their clearance Banana Republic gear for a upgrade on a night out in Downtown Alhambra. Maybe its changed, but there were 2 or 3 fairly crowded spots, I'd say Ixtapa and Barney's Beanery and there used to be a 2 or 3 story "bar/club" which wasn't too bad (I think it was the Muse) which weren't TOO bad as well as some restaurants. There are also quite a few groups of asians and white people as well and the locals are pretty high quality.

Its just too far for any realistic purposes for most of LA. Cops are super aggressive looking for DUIs and the parking is a bunch of garages. I think if you lived right there though, its not too bad to get laid with some decent talent. Super boring area in general though.

As far as specific venues:
Ixtapa, Barneys Beanery, Lucky Baldwins, and sometimes Villa Sorrisio (last restaurant on the block). I just looked it up, the place "The Muse" I used to go is called "54" now. Best bet is to start early, drink at the various PUBs along Colorado and the side streets.

Quote: (07-08-2014 12:08 AM)Christian McQueen Wrote:  

Good luck!

Even better idea PM SamSamSam and ask to crash on his couch for a month. Make sure to throw surprise parties when he's not home and tell him you're too hungover to clean up the mess the next day.

[Image: lol.gif]

[Image: troll.gif]

Ok, now that I have a clearer head this morning, I can totally see how what I wrote might be confusing/illogical. Damn brain fart[Image: biggrin.gif]

OP, if you are here for the long run, last thing you want to do is get into a year lease in an area you don't like. And you can't really know if you like an area unless you visit/check it out.

All I was trying to say is maybe you can sublet or airbnb and scout the areas that interest you. Spend time there on weekends, evenings, etc. Maybe you like to go to coffee shops to work instead of staying home. Probably would be nicer to walk somewhere than hopping in your car to get somewhere.

I don't think anyone (well most people) would buy a car without test driving it, I wouldn't want to pick an area to live without knowing it a little.

Maybe that was your plan originally.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

A lot of the population is simply off their rocker with no hopes of getting back on. No one can truly stand out. Liberace's most flamboyant outfit wouldn't surprise anyone for example.

People are surprisingly friendly, provided you avoid the derelicts/hoodlums/MS-13 looking dudes.

No one really cares about what your job is the way they would in Chicago (the other majority city I'm well-versed in). Have style, look cool, be cool, and you'll either feel the California vibe or you won't.

Really appreciate all the awesome advice and tips ITT. I'm kinda busy so I'll reply back to you brahs later today.

Thanks again!

Man if you love that chica chica hit up the Inland Empire-dude I went to a Mall in Pomona off the 210 and they had this big ass night time carnival fairground next to the mall, and traffic out the ass and there were Mexican girls everywhere-it was like being in Mexico.

Huntington Beach has a mixed crowd that would be good for a younger guy- very mixed ethnically, and lots of tat artsy chicks.

Pasadena has Colorado Blvd-very mixed crowd there. Same deal with San Fernando Blvd in Burbank (my favorite area)

Alhambra has tons of Asians like a ton of young Asian girls walking down the street.

You should consider Vegas too-way cheaper (decent 1br apt for 800 not 1600 like LA)
Christian McQueen has got you covered-
http://blockedurl.com/2014/04/10/11-cold...las-vegas/

http://blockedurl.com/2014/04/08/14-cold...s-angeles/

McQueen and Dagonet

if you read this-

Chino Hills is a reasonably priced spot in the Inland Empire0definitely alot of Aztec warriors and princesses there.

Wow, solid info. I crossed the IE off my list though, because I heard it was really ghetto and it's quite a far from DTLA. I was looking to be at least 30 minutes away.

Also how do "white white girls" aka preppy girls feel about black guys. I'm a pretty preppy guy myself so hopefully it won't be too much of a problem.

Quote: (07-07-2014 06:57 PM)RexImperator Wrote:  

The In-N-Out Burger "secret" menu.

Lol plan on hitting it up as soon as I get there! Never had it before, I wanna see if the hype is real.

Quote: (07-07-2014 07:05 PM)Christian McQueen Wrote:  

Sherman Oaks is nice, I lived there for a few years. Get a spot within walking distance of Ventura Blvd near the main bars: Mad Bulls etc and you'll be fine.

Also, consider Studio City which is closer to Hwood.

There are girls of every size, shape and ethnicity in LA, it's a smorgasboard of pussy, so you'll do just fine.

Sounds awesome, but I can't really get into bars because my age. Also, I don't drink so bars are probably out of my league.

Quote: (07-07-2014 11:16 PM)Drazen Wrote:  

Track down this movie, its pretty accurate about the Hollywood Scene.

You're also 20 and I'd live in the middle of Hollywood if you can. Part of midcity would probably be good as well. There are lots of different races all over the place and its really central to everything.

You'll be in a somewhat dumpy place unless you're balling (won't be a dealbreaker), but its the place you can probably get into nightlife venues with a fake ID or less hassles, there are random parties everywhere and you can get dialed into the scene really well. Remember the first rule in LA: logistics, logistics, logistics.

You'll also be around younger people that like to party and go out. You want to get connected to people that will get you into "industry" type parties, this will get you connected at clubs/bars and other events

The race thing is a non-issue, for the most part.

Stay the hell away from Burbank though. Sherman Oaks is kind of iffy too, I mean there ARE some bars, but its a somewhat suburban/conservative for LA. Save that for when you're older and want to "get away from all the craziness", but if you're a young buck wanting to do LA up right when you're young, you go to the great areas for young people.

Thanks brah, my goal salary is 4k a month would that be enough for a nice place with no roommate?

Quote: (07-07-2014 11:21 PM)TheChef Wrote:  

Bunk up with roommates near the action, closer to Hollywood if possible. That's a good first year, then if you like it stay if not move more West.

Honestly, it depends on your scene:
- Eagle Rock if you like hipsters
- Hollywood for clubbers
- Venice for surfers, yoga and quasi-hippies
- Downtown for...(just don't go here in the beginning it wavers between ritzy and skid row within 2 blocks)
- Valley, definitely more affordable, not the biggest nightlife scene except for local spots
- Santa Monica when you're making good money and are over your "club years" (if that actually exists, lol)

The most important part is to TRY IT ALL. You'll figure it out.

The Valley seems more of my type, honestly. I'm more laid back, but I have spells where I want to go party or something so I might can drive out to those spots.

Quote: (07-07-2014 11:59 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Burbank is wack. I used to live in Sherman Oaks. Try to stick to area close the intersection of the 405/101 freeways. Nice area. While I don't miss L.A. that much on the whole, I really miss my old neighborhood. It's not heavy on nightlife, but it's pretty walkable by LA standards.

Interracial dating shouldn't be the problem it might be in Georgia. Most the black guys in the forum I've met in L.A. date almost exclusively non-black women.

I don't know what your job and cashflow situation looks like but Sherman Oaks is pretty expensive. L.A. is not easy on the finances and if you don't have a good paying job you're gonna feel squeezed.

Santa Barbara, Irvine, N. San Diego County. West L.A.

I'm a Web Developer/Designer hopefully I find a remote gig with a decent salary.

Good luck!

That sound like an awesome idea, I was thinking about getting a hotel for a week and scoping things out, but this might be a better route.

And yeah, grabbing my laptop and working around and with people sounds ideal. Which places offer that type of vibe?