rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Wikipedia just published its article on the manosphere

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manosphere

It claims:

(1) PUA Hate was a "notable" member of the manosphere
(2) The manosphere praised the killings
(3) Manosphere site are similar to white supremacist sites

It's essentially a Jezebel article disguised as an encyclopedia entry (perhaps worse). I thought Wikipedia aimed for neutrality?

That won't last long like that, it's already been reported for neutrality.

Does Jezebel have a page? "The Jezebel office is a holding pen for miserable ham beasts, who bitterly attempt to spread the consequences of their poor life and dietary decisions while remaining incapable of introspection.".

This is the price you have to pay when you finally join the big league. The feminists were never going to just allow guys like us to enter the ring without a fight. Expect more resistance.

Quote: (05-30-2014 05:21 AM)draguer Wrote:  

That won't last long like that, it's already been reported for neutrality.

Does Jezebel have a page? "The Jezebel office is a holding pen for miserable ham beasts, who bitterly attempt to spread the consequences of their poor life and dietary decisions while remaining incapable of introspection.".

Of course!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jezebel_%28website%29

Quote:Wikipedia Wrote:

One of the site's guiding principles, according to Holmes, is to avoid saying "misogynist things about women's weight."

[Image: lol.gif]

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...

Feminists = spoiled boys throwing tantrums to get attention.

You could slap them, but that would be giving them the attention they want so much, so, just ignore them.

Let the White Knights keep getting cuckolded and friendzoned and take advantage of them taking themselves out of the pool we have to compete with.

I have an editor account. I'll happily edit the living $hit out of it.

Quote: (05-30-2014 07:20 AM)frenchie Wrote:  

Awesome [Image: banana.gif]

Try to keep it a positive reflection on the true nature of the manosphere. Don't put down feminists or other liberals, because then they may try to claim you are just a troll or a sexist and have all your edits removed and take away your rights.

The thing that I find laughable is how the person who wrote this lumped the PUAhate guys with us. It's so damn obvious that this entry is a ploy to discredit any conscious male thought whatsoever.

Anyone can edit a wikipedia page.

Wikipedia pages over controversial topics ex: abortion, whether pluto is a planet, etc. often have small editing wars over who gets to determine whats put there.

The simple solution is to ask men who care and especially those who are influential editors to change the page back to make it accurate.

So we're asking - any guys who can edit this page please do.

At minimal, we ought to get manosphere.com linked on the wikipedia page. Whoever writes that should drop as many links to manosphere sites in as they can as references best way to ensure message gets through.

If we were feeling really mean, we'd go into the "controversies" section of every feminist author an website and link the ROK articles that have been published on them. Tuth's latest on media lying comes to mind. Fight fire with fire.

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

Quote: (05-30-2014 07:20 AM)frenchie Wrote:  

Be careful, frenchie! Leave no trace!

I feel like sending off a comrade into a covert action from which he might not return [Image: lol.gif]

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

I saw that scurrilous smear of an "article" and thought long and hard about making it the topic of an upcoming ROK post. But it was such a tissue of lies that I felt it unworthy of a formal response.

Among other things, it:

1. Has citations to smear articles that have nothing to do with the point alleged.

2. Lists rumor and innuendo as established fact.

3. Does not contain one single link to a legitimate manosphere site (Roosh V, Rollo Tomassi, Danger & Play, Matt Forney, Chateau Heartiste, etc.)

4. Lists hate mongers and liars like Southern Poverty Law Center as "authorities"

5. Doesn't give any historical, sociological, or cultural context about the manosphere (how it came about, what its focus is, etc.)

6. Claims PUA Hate was a manosphere site, which it was not.

7. Refuses to acknowledge the major mission of the manosphere, which is to improve men's lives.

8. Totally overlooks the manosphere's achievements in: travel writing, health tips, physical fitness, popularizing classic literature, encouraging foreign language proficiency, and healthy competitive ethics.

9. Fails to interview one single manosphere writer.

It's so off-the-charts bad, I don't even know what else to say.

Quote: (05-30-2014 08:13 AM)runsonmagic Wrote:  

Anyone can edit a wikipedia page.

Wikipedia pages over controversial topics ex: abortion, whether pluto is a planet, etc. often have small editing wars over who gets to determine whats put there.

The simple solution is to ask men who care and especially those who are influential editors to change the page back to make it accurate.

So we're asking - any guys who can edit this page please do.

At minimal, we ought to get manosphere.com linked on the wikipedia page. Whoever writes that should drop as many links to manosphere sites in as they can as references best way to ensure message gets through.

If we were feeling really mean, we'd go into the "controversies" section of every feminist author an website and link the ROK articles that have been published on them. Tuth's latest on media lying comes to mind. Fight fire with fire.

Anyone can edit wikipedia, however certain edits by specific users carry more weight that anonymous ones.

While our instinct is to edit the article to make it more balanced, I wonder if we should go the other way. Blame murders, rapes, kidnappings, slavery, baby deaths, canibalism, bridge collapses, and volcano eruptions all on the manosphere. This would strike the heart of Wikipedia's "neutrality" and image as a source of authoritative information.

They have so many beta/white knight admins that it would be a constant cat and mouse game to keep the page neutral. I'm thinking we should make a mockery of their system instead.

Quote: (05-30-2014 08:37 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

While our instinct is to edit the article to make it more balanced, I think we should go the other way. Blame murders, rapes, kidnappings, slavery, baby deaths, canibalism, bridge collapses, and volcano eruptions all on the manosphere. This would strike the heart of Wikipedia's "neutrality" and image as a source of authoritative information.

They have so many beta/white knight admins that it would be a constant cat and mouse game to keep the page neutral. I say we make a mockery of their system instead.

While I enjoy a good 'ol fashioned mud flinging, lets try to keep to the spirit of Wikipedia first. If it gets out of hand, it can get suggested that the page get locked for anonymous edits and all new edits be approved by an admin.

I've seen edit wars before and they always fall apart. As long as we have citations to real sources, they can't edit them out.

Quote: (05-30-2014 04:56 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

I thought Wikipedia aimed for neutrality?

Wikipedia is an ideological battleground where status quo/blue pill reality defenders go to mark their stagnant territory.

While our instinct is to edit the article to make it more balanced, I wonder if we should go the other way. Blame murders, rapes, kidnappings, slavery, baby deaths, canibalism, bridge collapses, and volcano eruptions all on the manosphere. This would strike the heart of Wikipedia's "neutrality" and image as a source of authoritative information.

They have so many beta/white knight admins that it would be a constant cat and mouse game to keep the page neutral. I'm thinking we should make a mockery of their system instead.

^^^Not a bad idea.

BTW, did you guys hear about how that time I killed a man in Reno once?

Yeah, it's on wikipedia.

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

...beyond those rather petty things (no offense), there's also the manosphere's culpability in forcing the greatest TV show of all time off the air, "Full House."

Not only does the manosphere kill people, it killed Uncle Jesse's career -- a far worse crime.

If someone was attempting to smear the manosphere on Wikipedia, the least they could have done was put some effort into it. This looks like a 3rd grader's book report.

LOL Genius!

"Earthquakes are now thought to be actually work by the manosphere in their attempts to disrupt the peaceful life of the western world. In hopes of crushing our economy and way of life and returning us back to the caveman days when they would once again be relevant. Much of this is due to fracking for oil and other secret plots."

If anyone runs into that article and actually believes that's what the manosphere consists of then there really is no hope for them.

It's a good laugh though, the first thing I saw when I clicked the link "this page has some issues."

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

Help me write the manosphere article on wikipedia!

Alright guys, here is your opportunity to help craft the Wikipedia page of the Manosphere!

I am planning on breaking it down into an outline of the following:

A. Intro
- Small blurb
B. History
- A write up of the original history of the Manosphere starting with the PUA movement of the early 2000s (Neil Straus and "Mystery)

Where it morphed into next

C. Vocabulary
- The red pill vs the blue pill
D. Different Groups and Sites and what they stand for.
- Danger and Play
- Roissy
- Rooshv & RoK
- MRA

etc etc

Add some more info in, remember all information has to be cited from a source. Remember, we're a small part of the manosphere in

"They advocate for traditional sex roles, which in Spartan times resulted in throwing babies off cliffs if they did not meet certain physical and aesthetic standards. The manosphere also advocates for killing baby boys that were not born alpha."

Wikipedia needs citations. I need an RoK article that documents that history of the manosphere. If I can have something like that to cite, it would help me out greatly.

I can't believe i am saying this, but a well written and concise Wiki page with proper citations will do a wonder of good for the sphere. Please take this seriously!

Quote: (05-30-2014 05:30 AM)Trim Wrote:  

This is the price you have to pay when you finally join the big league. The feminists were never going to just allow guys like us to enter the ring without a fight. Expect more resistance.

From Paul Graham's essay, What You Can't Say:

Quote:Quote:

No one gets in trouble for saying that 2 + 2 is 5, or that people in Pittsburgh are ten feet tall. Such obviously false statements might be treated as jokes, or at worst as evidence of insanity, but they are not likely to make anyone mad. The statements that make people mad are the ones they worry might be believed. I suspect the statements that make people maddest are those they worry might be true.