rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Blond Obsession

Blond Obsession

After following the Elliot Rodger fiasco, i have a question.

What is up with the apparent white American male obsession with blondes??

It appeared that the pedestalization of blondes played no small role in his rampage.

Blond Obsession

[Image: 3399728-tumblr_mghc4yyxak1ry10fwo1_400.gif]

Blond Obsession

I must've got left in the dust on this one, because I prefer brunettes.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Blond Obsession

OP has a point.

If I'm out with a hot blonde we get considerably more looks than if I'm with an equally hot brunette.

I prefer brunettes and girls of latina, asian and black descent over white blonde girls but I don't discriminate.

*Edit: I don't think it's a "white guy" obsession with blondes, I think it's a every guy obsession with blondes, but this could be culturally specific. It's always been held up as the American ideal girl, but I can't speak for how it is in other parts of the world.

Blond Obsession

Lighter hair is perceived by some, including myself, as more feminine. If you look at pics of the same woman/same expression with blonde hair vs black hair, the blonde hair version will appear slightly more feminine to most guys.

Kind of a similar thing with skin color, though that obviously can't be changed as readily. Men seem to perceive fairer skin as more feminine.

The opposite of that is female attraction for darker hair, darker skin - I suppose they perceive it as more masculine.

Blond Obsession

I similarly am mystified by this fixation.
Tan blondes...? I'd gladly skip over one for a pale brunette witchy/snow white sort of chick.

Blond Obsession

Everyone has their preferences, Personally I think it might just come down to the fact that in most places, dark hair is the norm (at least natural hair colors) and as a result blonde hair is a bit of a novelty. Gingers don't get any love because they are usually freckle and not as asthetically pleasing as your prototypical blonde bombshell. Hot redheads can be really hot too, but they're harder to come by.

Blond Obsession

As a white blonde guy myself, who grew up with other white guys, I didn't really notice this being a thing.

I prefer a lot of different types of girls personally.

I get a lot of girls who are just attracted to me because of my looks, so, its not just guys who do this. One girl told me she only liked tall blondes.

By the way, are we at RVF buying into the media frenzy that "white guys are mass murderers" and ignoring the fact that Rodgers was half asian and the guy at VT was also asian?

What's with all the hate towards white guys? U mad asian girls throw themselves at us, that white girls dig us, and that black girls also dig us? U Jelly?

I'm not kidding about asian girls either. Back when I had close to anti-game they were still trying to get naked with me.

Blond Obsession

Quote: (05-28-2014 09:29 PM)assman Wrote:  

Lighter hair is perceived by some, including myself, as more feminine. If you look at pics of the same woman/same expression with blonde hair vs black hair, the blonde hair version will appear slightly more feminine to most guys.

Kind of a similar thing with skin color, though that obviously can't be changed as readily. Men seem to perceive fairer skin as more feminine.

The opposite of that is female attraction for darker hair, darker skin - I suppose they perceive it as more masculine.

Not only that, light-haired whites likely have more feminine faces--that is, there is a statistical correlation between light-hair/light-eyes and feminine facial morphology among whites.

Light-hair/light-eyes are collinear, as well--they tend to occur together.

Light-hair and light-eyes are, after all, feminine traits--they occur at higher frequencies in females than males.

See here for a post on blue-eyed men having less dominant (more feminine) faces:

Quote:Quote:

In contrast with blue-eyed males, brown-eyed males have statistically broader and rather massive chins, broader (laterally prolonged) mouths, larger noses, and eyes that are closer together with larger eyebrows.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

Blond Obsession

Quote: (05-28-2014 09:10 PM)kdolo Wrote:  

Why is it just white American males? Blonde females are probably the most sought after females by hair color by males of all races.

Just one psycho half-white, half-Asian doesn't change 'blond obsession' into a white guy thing.

Blond Obsession

I like blondes, brunettes and redheads all, but I do a lot worse with blondes. The ice queen stereotype is real - I've found blondes are way more judgmental of outsiders, and of any hint of deviating from the norm and being eccentric. It's a strong generalization for such a broad group, but that's what I've found.

This is only for attractive fully Americanized blondes, can't speak for foreign ones.

Blond Obsession

Its because the media portrays blondes as high maintenance. Therefore, having a blonde girlfriend makes the boyfriend seem wealthy and "cool". In turn, a blonde girlfriend is seen as a status symbol. Since it has been established that Rodger wanted a girl for status and affection instead of sex, we can see why he was obsessed with blondes.

As for American men in general (minorities included), they have been fed the idea that a beautiful girlfriend who'll love them forever is what they want. So, they consciously want a girlfriend who is loving, affectionate and also really hot and unconsciously want a girlfriend who is seen as a status symbol (remember that we humans are essentially animals of status).

This makes them pedestalize all beautiful women. Since blondes on average are more beautiful than brunettes (fewer blonde fatties) and since they already unconsciously see them as status symbols, American men have disproportionately more love for blondes than their brunette or redhead sisters.

Quote:Basil Ransom Wrote:

I like blondes, brunettes and redheads all, but I do a lot worse with blondes. The ice queen stereotype is real - I've found blondes are way more judgmental of outsiders, and of any hint of deviating from the norm and being eccentric. It's a strong generalization for such a broad group, but that's what I've found.

This is only for attractive fully Americanized blondes, can't speak for foreign ones.

This is because these girls know (consciously and unconsciously) that they are considered high-status by society in general. They don't want to lose that status by being seen with someone who could be deemed "weird" even in the slightest sense.

Blond Obsession

Quote: (05-28-2014 10:00 PM)assman Wrote:  

Why is it just white American males? Blonde females are probably the most sought after females by hair color by males of all races.

Just one psycho half-white, half-Asian doesn't change 'blond obsession' into a white guy thing.

Indeed, tons of blonde girls being "the main girl" in Caribbean music videos, e.g. Santos' Propuesta Indecente or Nicky Jam's Voy a Beber.

Hordes of blondes featured prominently in Mexican telenovelas, and Mexican TV in general.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

Blond Obsession

Prefer redheads myself.

Women seem to hate blondes. Since there's plenty of Police Woman / Astronaut / Vet / Doctor Barbie Playsets out there, I honestly thinks she gets all the crap she does from Feminists for having blonde hair and blue eyes. I've been hearing them bitch for years, and no-one has ever criticised Skipper, her sister, (a brunette).

Blond Obsession

After following the Elliot Rodger fiasco, i have a question.

It appeared that the pedestalization of blondes played no small role in his rampage.

Probably because natural blondes are rare in N. America. It's extremely rare for a woman to be this naturally blonde into adulthood:

[Image: ardsportosaka378_v-gallery.jpg]

Almost all blondes you see in America, when you look closely at the roots you can tell they are fake. The type like in this picture above is maybe no more than a few percentage of the American white population.

It's way more common in the Nordic countries thus it isn't valued there.

I've never gotten the whole blonde obsession thing. While I do have a thing for gingers, I think the best looking white women hands down are brunettes with a Mediterranean complexion:

[Image: 540_293_resize_20130101_0bc7f6675d38bd2e...65_jpg.jpg]

Blond Obsession

I presume it has something to do with youth. Blondes turn brown in their 20s or so, and a blonde is far more likely to be younger.

I think it also has to do with femininity.

Blond Obsession

Quote: (05-28-2014 09:28 PM)Christian McQueen Wrote:  

OP has a point.

If I'm out with a hot blonde we get considerably more looks than if I'm with an equally hot brunette.

I prefer brunettes and girls of latina, asian and black descent over white blonde girls but I don't discriminate.

*Edit: I don't think it's a "white guy" obsession with blondes, I think it's a every guy obsession with blondes, but this could be culturally specific. It's always been held up as the American ideal girl, but I can't speak for how it is in other parts of the world.

When I was in the Army stationed in Hawaii back in the late 80's/ early 90's you could always spot the Japanese businessmen that just landed. They all had 6ft blonde hookers on their arms.

I prefer Latinas myself.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Blond Obsession

The only thing I like better on blonds is their pubic scruff. I don't think black pubes are that great.

Other than that, brunettes all the way for me. I only speak to blonds that fall in my lap. Just not worth the attitude and entitlement.

Blond Obsession

Also, blonds, and most white chicks, age prematurely.

Blond Obsession

It's not just men who are obsessed; just look at how many women out there bust out the peroxide just in time for summer - granted, it was a lot worse about 5-6 years ago when I was in university and every girl bleached her hair, but it's still out there.

I have fucked, I believe, only two straight and pure natural blondes (how could I tell? Blonde pubic hair) but a boatload of girls with peroxide. My insight into the matter:

- Simple economics, scarcity drives up prices...a natural blonde is truly rare. What percentage of the global population is naturally blonde, maybe 3%?
- All these IRTs and deranged half-Asian killers that covet them...sort of ties into the economics; no blondes in their part of the world.
- It's what's seen as 'the ideal' when people imagine your classic 'American Dream' scenario; white-picket fence, 2 kids, big suburban home - comes with a blonde wife. It's a 'status' thing as well.

Me personally, yeah, I'll knock the bottom out of a hot blonde any time the option's available to me (even a fake blonde), but I like girls with dark brown hair, light eyes and pale skin the most.

Blond Obsession

To put it simply..it's the ultimate White God Factor look.

Blonde Hair and blue or green eyes is the defacto stereotyped look for being white and is considered attractive by a large majority of people in the world. Real blondes are also fairly rare.

It's a subconscious sign of power, affluence, and wealth too.

Even in the U.S. the WGF pull is strong if you have these attributes. A friend of mine is a natural with the tall blonde/green eyes look. That look puts him in the top 5% automatically anywhere he goes. In a way he really opened my eyes to how ridiculously good it is to be born on top of that attraction pyramid.

The effect is even stronger on minority women who have various inferiority complexes. Throwing the ultimate WGF at them appeals to their internal race/class based hypergamy and also appeals to their aesthetic sensibilities. That's why it's such a huge status symbol in Latin or Asia.

It is what it is really. Some people are just born with natural gifts that genetics and society has dealt them. No reason to be envious really.

Blond Obsession

I have a Red Obsession:

[Image: large_rXWbLeVsXBd5KH1UmwUcMCz3UNq.jpg]

Feel free to PM me for wine advice or other stuff
ROK Article: 5 Reasons To Have Wine On A Date
RVF Wine Thread

Blond Obsession

I prefer the term "blonde inflation."

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Blond Obsession

I don't think it's a matter of scarcity. By that logic ginger women would far and away be the most coveted women, which to my knowledge, is not true.

Founding Member of TEAM DOUBLE WRAPPED CONDOMS

Blond Obsession

Quote: (05-29-2014 01:06 AM)Switch Wrote:  

I don't think it's a matter of scarcity. By that logic ginger women would far and away be the most coveted women, which to my knowledge, is not true.

It's not just the scarcity, blonde is just aesthetically pleasing. The human eye is attracted to things that are gold in color. The media also shows blonde people in an overwhelmingly positive light.

Gingers tend to have a lot of other (negative) attributes too like freckles and pasty skin. This doesn't appeal to as many people.

Of course just being blonde doesn't mean much if it's negated by other factors like a wimpy physique and ugly face for a man or a fat ugly blonde woman.