rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is it impossible to make YOU angry?

It is impossible to make me angry - and I have never being angry in my entire life.

I think you could hogtie my mum, rape her and kill her in front of me - and anger would still not be an emotion I would have.

Concern and distress sure - and pissed off that the rest of my day was going to be taken up with helping to hide the evidence (joke!) - but I wouldn't be angry.

I think I am like this because my Dad would blow up over the smallest shit when I was growing up - and I quickly realised that 99% of the stuff he got angry about was shit I couldn't care less about. As such - anger was never an emotion that I trusted. Before it ever got that stage I would distract myself by concentrating on something else.

Anyway - just wondering if others are like that? It is a pretty strange state of mind to have - since you tend to just find it amusing when people get angry. Which can lead to some awkward (and funny) moments.

I should add that I don't fall in love either - so perhaps that is the flip side of never being angry? Since it means my mind is always trained to be in control of my emotions - as opposed to letting my emotions control me. Which is what happens when you are angry or fall in love.

As always - whenever I discover something about myself. I imagine I can't be the only one on the forum who thinks this way.

I only get mad when I watch sports.

lol - yeah - now that I think about it - there is something that makes me really angry.

I can't stand badly designed products. Like when you pull out the tray from a dishwasher - and then cannot figure out how to put it back in. Because of some weird latch/wheel mechanism which is impossible to place back on.

That drives me nuts - I am guessing I channel all my anger into shit like that.

Like - the other day I had a Shampoo bottle. And it was impossible to open it (since the lid was so tight) without actually cutting your finger every time you opened it. I would just stare at it in a rage - and spend the rest of the day fuming about this fucking shampoo bottle. I can't express how annoyed I get at that. It is so simple - and so stupid. That I actually can actually understand genocides and crimes against humanity easier - because at least you are dealing with mad and evil people. As opposed to rational people who cannot even design a bottle that doesn't slice your finger every time you open it.

Fuuuuckkkk!!!!!!!!

I am similar. The last time I was angry was when I was a teenager maybe 13-14 years old and got an emotional tantrum. I haven't got crushes or fallen in love since I was a teenager either.

I get pissed off sometimes -- does that count?

wow - that is interesting. The love/anger thing shows up in your life as well.

Wonder if we are on to something? Maybe this is why women get a kick out of emotional drama? Since they know if a guy is capable of getting angry - he is also capable of falling in love.

It's pretty difficult to make me angry.

That said, I get raging, flip-the-fuck-out mad when I do and completely throw all composure out the window.

It's been an issue my entire life and has caused a lot of problems, including damaging my body. It's getting better with age, though, and almost never happens anymore if I don't drink.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

My personality has been pretty stoic/zen for a long time and I have valued the control over myself more than anything. Becoming very emotional in one way(hate) or another(love) doesn't fit into my deep values -- maybe that is why my body rejects/avoids emotional instability. High testosterone could be one of the reasons as well.

It depends how you define "anger" as well. Surely I have felt some deep anger/resentment towards the society, women etc. thorough my life but I don't get really emotionally angry like shouting and yelling having no control over myself.

I personally think that women love stable "oak tree" kind of guys because it is like opposite of what they are experiencing.

I should add - that the stress around my Dad growing up really helped me.

It totally flipped the switch in my head to take everything in life as a big joke.

I am not advocating it for others - but it is definitely the mindset I have developed.

But it is a tricky thing to consider - I am not sure if I am wise or a fool!

^ I have been trying to cultivate a similar mentality lately.

I want to be the guy who just finds humor in someone acting like a total asshole and responds with a smart-ass comment. And who sees life as just one big cosmic comedy.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

The surreal comedy of Chris Morris shaped my mind between the important ages of 16 and 18. I was obsessed with his work back then - I know what being in a cult must feel like.

This might be of help? :-)

It was Chris Morris' 'Blue Jam' radio shows which really blew my mind.

The mixture of dark and surreal comedy - with amazing sound effects and fantastic music just blew me away. Even now I feel like locking myself in a dark room and just listening to them over and over again.

Three series of pure genius!

My father was a very angry man when I was growing up, he would always shout in anger very easily. Some sons become just like their fathers, some the completely opposite. I am the latter and not in just in this one aspect.

Just give you something a bit more accessible - this gives you a nice idea of the sort of wavelength that Chris Morris is working on.

Sorry for the thread hijack!

How do you hijack your own thread? [Image: biggrin.gif]

Beyond All Seas

to the OP

I honestly don't buy that shit.

Think I would be angry if this happened to me:

@Orion - 32 years of never getting angry.

And going back 11 years - a friend of mine came back from abroad covered in spots.

Next thing we know we are locked up in the Infectious Hazards Secure Control Unit at the main hospital in Manchester. This was at the height of a the bio-terrorism panic surrounding Al Qaeda. We spent hours under investigation - and it seemed the doctors were worried we were the first victims of some Al Qaeda style biological terrorism.

My buddy couldn't believe it when I spent the whole time laughing about how we were going to die and how it was an honour to have a friend like him to die with.

Turned out it was just impetigo.

I agree - story would have being better if we both died!

Quote: (05-11-2014 01:11 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

It is impossible to make me angry - and I have never being angry in my entire life.

I think you could hogtie my mum, rape her and kill her in front of me - and anger would still not be an emotion I would have.

If somebody hogtied and raped you in front of your mother,then would you be angry?

"Go be fat on someone else's time."

lol - that question reminds me of a funny bit by my favourite stand-up comedian...

When it comes to anger I'm like both my grandfathers. The one from my mother's side of the family is always calm, and the one from my father's had this explosive temper. I'm the kind of person that is extremely hard to piss off, but when I am it explodes and it will not subside for atleast a day minimum.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Quote: (05-11-2014 01:28 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

Like - the other day I had a Shampoo bottle. And it was impossible to open it (since the lid was so tight) without actually cutting your finger every time you opened it. I would just stare at it in a rage - and spend the rest of the day fuming about this fucking shampoo bottle.

You can just refill the shampoo into a reusable water bottle. I always keep a couple of them around. No need to get upset.

I get angry all the time.

I'm irascible, volatile, and hot-blooded.

Just the way it is.

The great thing about Cardguy is you can never quite be certain he's serious, or is just giving us a dose of his diffident British demeanor.

Which just endears him to me all the more.

Q

I get mildly pissed off, but it's extremely rare that I'm foaming at the mouth and yelling type angry. There's just not many situations than can provoke me to that.

If someone hogties and rapes your mum in front of you it is time to start killing people. anything less is unacceptable.

DUKAKIS '88!