rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Woman Films Her Own Abortion To Show World How ‘Cool’ It Is

This is some repugnant shit. How damaged of a human being do you have to be to do this? Not the abortion itself, but to film it from start to finish to gain notoriety. I'm old enough to remember when people had a sense of shame.

Quote:Quote:

Emily Letts, a counselor at a New Jersey abortion clinic, decided to film her own abortion and post it on YouTube as a form of positive inspiration to women who are contemplating having the procedure but worry that they might feel guilty afterward.

Letts has no such guilt. She recalls the procedure with fondness. She even describes it as “birth-like,” and said it made her feel good, just like giving birth would.

Letts, whose job involves encouraging women to have abortions, sees her own abortion as an entirely positive experience, and hopes the video will prove to be both instructional and morally persuasive. She feels better about herself every time she watches the video, according to Cosmopolitan.

“Still, every time I watch the video, I love it,” she wrote. “I love how positive it is. I think that there are just no positive abortion stories on video for everyone to see. But mine is.”

The disturbing video has been viewed 10,000 times on YouTube. During the three-minute procedure, she repeatedly tells herself how lucky she is. She also hums to herself.

After the abortion is over, she says, “Cool. I feel good.”

Letts writes that having an abortion and giving birth produce similarly happy feelings. Despite aborting her child, she kept the sonogram.

“I remember breathing and humming through it like I was giving birth,” she wrote. “I know that sounds weird, but to me, this was as birth-like as it could be. It will always be a special memory for me. I still have my sonogram, and if my apartment were to catch fire, it would be the first thing I’d grab.”

The response has been overwhelmingly negative. The video was downvoted more than 300 times, and received only 100 likes.

Still, she is hopeful the video will inspire women who have had abortions–or want to have abortions–to let go of their guilt. Letts certainly has none.

She does feel a little bad about getting pregnant in the first place, though.

“I do feel a little irresponsible and embarrassed about not using birth control,” she wrote. “I mean, Emily, wake up! What are you doing? I was going against the advice I give to patients all the time. So I had them put an IUD in after the abortion. I was able to learn and move forward. And I am grateful that I can share my story and inspire other women to stop the guilt.”

ThinkProgress hailed Letts for filming her abortion and putting a positive spin on it.

“For instance, Letts’ story helps demonstrate the fact that abortion isn’t a barbaric procedure that needs additional regulation in order to make it safer,” wrote ThinkProgress.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/05/woman-...z30x27UWcK

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

I don't think abortion is any more shameful than a hangover.
This woman is the only as bad as all the guys on chatroulette who jacked it while strangers watched.

This trainwreck of a woman has reached a new low for Western civilization. Absolutely disgusting.

[Image: tumblr_mrfbych1dF1sok1hbo1_500.gif]

[Image: 1160.gif]

whose job involves encouraging women to have abortions

So this woman works at an abortion clinic, encourages women to have abortions and had an abortion to attention whore for her cause.

Does anyone else think she got pregnant just to attention whore this way? Fucking disgusting, mentally ill heretic.

For the first time ever, I want to organize an online mob to report the video as offensive and get it taken down.

Think we need another RoK call to action.

Quote: (05-06-2014 02:22 PM)Emancipator Wrote:  

whose job involves encouraging women to have abortions

[Image: 1160.gif]

Whats the context for this gif? Whys the guy in the suit appear to be cuddling/hugging him?

Also yeah, that(the chick, not the gif) is pretty disgusting. I used to be prolife when I was religious, but I guess nowadays I wouldnt really know when life starts, so I dont know how moral it is. The subconscious part of me associates it with murder.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote: (05-06-2014 11:15 AM)Rutting Elephant Wrote:  

This woman is the only as bad as all the guys on chatroulette who jacked it while strangers watched.

When those men masturbate, they release individual sperm cells. The equivalent to such an act would be a film of a woman disposing of individual egg cells.

When an individual egg cell and an individual sperm cell combine, the result is the beginning of a human life cycle (the formation of an embryo which, after 9 weeks, becomes a fetus). An abortion is an act designed to exterminate that life. This is a fundamentally different from the act of masturbation or egg harvesting because you are no longer dealing with individual sperm or egg cells (which, on their own, can never produce a human life). A human embryo/fetus is a different thing altogether - that is a human life.

I hear this argument from the pro-life crowd ("abortion is just like masturbation") all the time, and it annoys me for two reasons: first, as I illustrated above, it is based on a fundamentally false and utterly asinine comparison between a human fetus and an individual sperm/egg cell and second because it is disingenuous in its desire to avoid acknowledging what abortion really means.

An abortion is not a simple act akin to masturbation or anything like that. An abortion is a concerted effort to end a human life at its very earliest stages. You are not eliminating a bunch of cells, you are eliminating a developing human being. That is what it is.

This doesn't mean that people should not support the right of women to obtain an abortion. There are good arguments behind the pro-choice position and that's okay. People should feel free to support that right to choice if they wish, but they need to be honest about what that means. There is no need to pretend that an abortion is something other than what it is. No need to exaggerate it, or downplay it, or make false comparisons to utterly incomparable acts: just accept it.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Quote: (05-06-2014 02:49 PM)Excelsior Wrote:  

Quote: (05-06-2014 11:15 AM)Rutting Elephant Wrote:  

When those men masturbate, they release individual sperm cells. The equivalent to such an act would be a film of a woman disposing of individual egg cells.

When an individual egg cell and an individual sperm cell combine, the result is the beginning of a human life cycle (the formation of an embryo which, after 9 weeks, becomes a fetus). An abortion is an act designed to exterminate that life. This is a fundamentally different from the act of masturbation or egg harvesting because you are no longer dealing with individual sperm or egg cells (which, on their own, can never produce a human life). A human embryo/fetus is a different thing altogether - that is a human life.

I hear this argument from the pro-life crowd ("abortion is just like masturbation") all the time, and it annoys me for two reasons: first, as I illustrated above, it is based on a fundamentally false and utterly asinine comparison between a human fetus and an individual sperm/egg cell and second because it is disingenuous in its desire to just accept what abortion really means.

An abortion is not a simple act akin to masturbation or anything like that. An abortion is a concerted effort to end a human life at its very earliest stages. You are not eliminating a bunch of cells, you are eliminating a developing human being. That is what it is.

This doesn't mean that people should not support the right of women to obtain an abortion. There are good arguments behind the pro-choice position and that's okay. People should feel free to support that right to choice if they wish, but they need to be honest about what that means. There is no need to pretend that an abortion is something other than what it is. No need to exaggerate it, or downplay it, or make false comparisons to utterly incomparable acts: just accept it.

Another point you can add to the debate fire is this:

Men can indefinitely produce sperm. Women stop ovulating after their "finite" eggs are pushed out.

A man at 65 can still impregnate an egg. A woman at 65 is screwed.

Also it's good to see others having a similar opinion to myself.

2/10 would not make pregnant.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Nothing says damaged than something like this.

I swear to god I hope she didn't get pregnant just to make this video. Holy fuck what is wrong with the world. These children keep trying to find the boundaries and they believe there are none. Without boundaries these women (children) are lost.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Boy, this woman is a trainwreck.

First, notice how carefully this was crafted. This is all calculated and planned. However, what she doesn't realize is that it isn't other people that are disturbed by abortion, it is her.

When she is talking about getting pregnant, the video is well lit. When she talks about advising women on abortion and when she talks about the aftermath of the murder of her child, she is completely in the dark. Sexuality, in the first instance, is not something positive in her mind. Further, the whole concept of womanhood as it relates to childbirth is terrifying.

Consider the shot when she turns the light on and talks about being pregnant. She quickly shoots her eyes to her right, in a forced, contrived manner as she tries to pretend is isn't burying her feelings by faking them. She eventually does the typical eye movement associated with recalling emotions, down and the to right. In that moment, her eyes betray not the but the shame she feels.

Possible thought pattern: "God, you such a fucking stupid woman. You would make a horrible mother because you a horrible person. Typical woman, can't even act out a woman's sole purpose in life: to give birth. You are simply the worst."

Ported out -- using politics: "Anti-choice persons are usually male right-wingers who can only objectify women as mothers and wives, with hopelessly rigid gender roles based out a deep and dark sense of misogyny. The whole concept of women making decisions based out of what they need instead of men is completely foreign to them."

She gets to the clinic and is one toe-stub away from a complete crying meltdown. Everybody senses that. Somebody is holding her hand --with two hands! -- as she grips it tightly. She mimics a common breathing method for women in actual labor. The whole procedure is over in what, 30 seconds? The doctor assures her she did great, wonderful. Everybody senses what a completely traumatic experience this was for her.

She goes back to her unlit lair and attempts to justify her shame. She tries other women, but it doesn't stick as it is pretty damn tough in such vulnerable state to blame your feelings on others (she also implicitly blames men, too). She then comes round on two easy justifications: good women = give birth and the universe revolves around my needs. She uses the fact it was good for her and nobody else as a salve to bandage over the shame she feels for being a woman.

"I just want to share my story." No, you want people to support your decision because you find it highly difficult to do yourself. No comments? Please, that's because she can't handle ONE negative comment. It rips down all the shaky psychological constructs she's been making.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

For this we restructured our commons and presumptions.

Welcome to DumbBitchWorld. Enjoy your stay.

If there is a silver lining, look at the comments on the Cosmo article. Plenty of other women calling her out for being so repulsive and abhorrent:

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/advice/healt...y-abortion

This woman is beyond the pale.

That is as sick as hell. The woman is worthless.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Quote: (05-06-2014 09:46 PM)DetlefMourning Wrote:  

If there is a silver lining, look at the comments on the Cosmo article. Plenty of other women calling her out for being so repulsive and abhorrent:

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/advice/healt...y-abortion

Yeah but at least equal number are supportive of her.

Utterly sickening - and I'm normally indifferent towards the abortion debate - but we haven't yet reached rock bottom.

Some of the female commenters defending her coming out and saying shit like this:

[Image: 1Yk3ags.png]

Who the fuck keeps a sonogram picture of their dead fetus? [Image: confused.gif][Image: huh.gif]

I even recognize the need for abortions as a medical practice of extreme resort, but I think it seriously goes against female nature to such a degree that something in them mentally breaks when it happens.

I think it is time for me to take some time away from RSV and ROK.

These worthless people and stories about them just poisons my soul, and gives no value.

Deus vult!

She did not even need to do that disgusting act, in order to justify abortion.

Words from her, in the form of rational dialogue or expressing her biased opinion for the context of free speech would have been sufficient.

But going out of her way to commit that horrible act- and show it to the rest of the world, was in the province of attention-whoring and pure stupidity.

Her only intent was to provoke massive outrage and troll the remaining decent individuals in this cursed world.

I support gun rights- do I need to kill random people, and show how cool it is in a video, in order to prove that gun ownership is justified, and there's no guilt in having guns? Ironically, if a man would have ever done that, even he would feel guilt. But this bitch won't feel any remorse for what she did [Image: lol.gif]

If a man would do exactly what she did, in the context of defending gun rights and ownership, he'd be in jail for perpetuity.

Still, she is hopeful the video will inspire women who have had abortions–or want to have abortions–to let go of their their guilt.

[Image: 1264319881771.gif]

[Image: 1316713879_castle_reaction.gif]

This is the decline of Western civilization in a nutshell. Repulsive.

Pure example of a woman with no guidance! Even though I'm not ideologically opposed to abortion, there's no way that she can logically explain to me her choice, let alone why she keeps the sonogram of it!! Damn smh... And to think that she'll always get treated as a special little snowflakes by people in general! Well let's end this post before my response gets outta hand!