rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

2048 Numerical reasoning game
048 Numerical reasoning game
http://gabrielecirulli.github.io/2048/

Basically you have to move the tiles around to match pairs of numbers.

The link explains this better than I can.

21 y/o brit.
Awesome game, really challenging
[Image: rKefcoN.png]

I'll play until i make 2048
Damn, I was on a great run, thought I had it in the bag, turned on some music and just... collapsed thereafter.

All of this and with a major project to complete by tomorrow so I probably killed more time on this than I should've. Going to need to put this on ice for now but I will return and defeat it... thanks for sharing it with us though, great challenge.

[Image: attachment.jpg17636]   
Addictive.
Starts to get tricky at 512.

"Despite their numbers, their pussyness means I was barely hurt. 2 black eyes and a cut nose, no big deal. I could sense the fear in them so as they were walking I chased them down and told them to "go home". They all left like little girls." - Revelations 21:4
Fun game!

[/php]

Normalcy Is The Rat Race, A Modern-Day Slavery.
Made it. I don't think I'll ever play it again, now, way too tense and time-consuming.

I probably spent more time figuring out how to connect my two 512s then I did for the entire rest of the game. Would've been unbearable to lose at that point.

Good luck to anybody still trying to tackle it...

[Image: attachment.jpg17647]   

Edit: damn I just realized the screenshot says "keep going" but I x'ed out instead of clicking it. I wonder if you can get 4096...
Got it.

[Image: IL3FD14.png]
This is great...highly addictive and stressful. Just what I need Hahaha

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic
I played off and on yesterday for 12 hours. Today for 5.

Getting to 1024, is not bad. The key is to keep your big money in the corner.

I won't play anymore. It's far too addictive.

WIA
After wasting too many hours playing this addictive game I finally got to 2048. Quite challenging. Beats watching TV.

[Image: t4ttuq.png]

He has often been called the "Last of the Romans"

"We have prostitutes for our pleasure, concubines for our health, and wives to bear us lawful offspring."--Demosthenes (384–322 BC), Red Pill Greek Statesman
First try - JK. A few hours. Near the end it was like "Please don't fuck it up!"

[Image: 2048_cropped.png]

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2
Quote: (03-18-2014 12:30 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

I played off and on yesterday for 12 hours. Today for 5.

Getting to 1024, is not bad. The key is to keep your big money in the corner.

I won't play anymore. It's far too addictive.

WIA
Finally beat it thanks to WIA's advice about keeping the big numbers in the corner!
This game is awesome

Chicago Tribe.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic
I don't know about you guys, but playing this helps reach a zen/peaceful state. The numbers start to move, feels like autopilot and I kind of zone out. Good for those days, when I need a break.

Definitely, keep the biggest number in the corner.
[Image: 2048_1.png]

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2
Now that you mention it, I did feel more relaxed and "zen" like. Helped me rid my mind of all else except the numbers/logic.

Chicago Tribe.

Have beat it a few times, but this was a taste of addiction for me.

Stay away.
^^ Ya starting to feel that way lol

I know this is a game, with that said there were some thoughts that came to me as I played on past 2048. I really thought I was going to get 4096.

1) For me life works best when I am in the flow. I am sure others have felt that way when everything is clicking.
2) Make space in your life for good things to happen. In the game for the next number, same thing in life. If your life is cluttered or too many things that take up too much energy, you have nothing left for new things to pop into your life - like a number
3) Trust/Have faith - you need to make moves trusting that a 2 will show where you need it. I don't always count on 4s. In life, hate to say it, sometimes we have to trust that it will work out. As someone who is constantly trying to tie down everything to boost chances of success, sometimes I still have to have a little faith
4) Plan ahead - yes, I mentioned in #1 about being in a zone and #3 about faith, but you still need to have a plan on how you plan to roll up the numbers to what you need. In life the same, you gotta have a plan/goal it can always change but not having a clue is not ideal in most efforts.

I have maybe spent 10 hours over the last week solving it a bunch of times. But this time, thoughts came to me - things I already knew but it re-registered if that makes sense.

I really think when our minds are cluttered with chaos or negativity, we have no space for other thoughts or messages to pop in. Like I said when I got in the zone I reached some sort of peaceful state. It was weird.

But I blame the OP for fucking up my life - Just kidding.

[Image: 2048_a.png]

The real trick to this game is to keep one direction forbidden and never move that way. You want your small numbers regenerating next to small numbers, not behind your big boys. Even with that, there's a decent amount of luck involved because of the random generation. Good luck and don't get started on it when you actually have other shit to do.
I've only hit 1024 once in around 60 tries. Im finding it hard
Quote: (03-20-2014 09:47 PM)big poppa Wrote:  

I've only hit 1024 once in around 60 tries. Im finding it hard

If I may suggest the following:

1) Keep your biggest number in the corner. Don't let it move. I try to keep it in the upper right. Also I try to have 4 boxes across. So it stays in the corner and I mainly just move side to side. I rarely move down, sometimes up.
2) Build your building blocks - meaning if you are working towards 64, you know you are going to need 2 32's. Keep the future 32s near each other for an easy merge
3) Try to have the next level ups near each other. Meaning keep your 128 near your 256 near your 512. This way once you make the matching number it is one slide over to make a higher number and it rolls into the next number.
4) try to keep the biggest empty space possible. In other words always (for the most part) focus on merging numbers to leave the area clean.

Finally beat it today using sam's method. Keep that big number in a corner and stack your other bigs around it. Sometimes you'll just get unlucky and have to move it up, but I did it by never moving my bottom base.

"Despite their numbers, their pussyness means I was barely hurt. 2 black eyes and a cut nose, no big deal. I could sense the fear in them so as they were walking I chased them down and told them to "go home". They all left like little girls." - Revelations 21:4
delete
I know it's an old thread, but I finally hit the 4096! And set my best record. I made one mistake, and it messed up the entire pattern.

Chicago Tribe.

I haven't played heavy, but it actually got harder. The "4" comes up slightly more often, so getting into 100k range requires perfect play. Whereas when it was released, it was more of an endurance game.