rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Vice writer is mad that guys lift and take care of their appearance

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/anatomy-o...-douchebag

Quote:Quote:

Most notably, douchebags don't have mates, they have wingmen. And where the lad might have to be cajoled by those mates into approaching a girl after a few beers, the modern British douchebag already knows every line he'll be using to snare his prey before he leaves the house for another evening of Monster cocktails and creatine. He has a far more cynical view of a night out. He's in it for the posturing, the posing and the pussy and will stalk the light-panelled dancefloors of the UK's shittiest nightclubs until he's proved it.

When did you first notice the henchification of Britain? For me, it was when I went to hang out with some old school friends, having not seen them for a year or so after we parted ways at the end of year 11. These guys, who weren't much bigger than me in our school days, had all become enormous, seemingly overnight. At work, I realised I was spending more and more time with people who had bodies that you just didn't see once upon a time. Look through your Facebook friends and I bet you'll find a lot of guys who seem to have swollen in the last few years – guys you'd never thought of as sporty or tough before.

Male rationalisation hamster getting mad about people learning game and lifting.

21 y/o brit.

Writer can be reached @thugClive

This article can be summed up by: "I've noticed people in clubs who are bigger than me and more social. I don't like it therefore they are wankers"

How does this shit get published?

Oh my! People are dabbling in self improvement? Better go blog about it.

Quote:MtnMan Wrote:  
Life is definitely too short to go without dome.

Vice is a circle jerk of hipster faggots. Too bad, it's a cool concept.

Read the rest of the article:

He is right when he talks about the change in the men that are thought of as alpha - Sean Connery - not hench, not waxed etc. Clint Eastwood not hench, not waxed etc. Charles Bronson (the Death Wish actor, not the others) not hench, not waxed etc.

However, he needs to adapt to the changing market if he wants to get some.

He also seems to be getting at something reasonable regarding society:

But while it's easy to scorn the banality – and the vanity – of the modern British douchebag, they're only products of their environment. An environment that has very little to offer them any more, other than gym memberships, intentionally ripped clothes, alcohol and creatine. The institutions that gave British men a sense of wellbeing have been ripped apart. Nobody trusts the police any more; nobody wants to join the army because no one believes in its wars; traditional industries have been decimated and the only thing to replace them are stifling, mind-numbing positions in service and retail.

Because of this, British men have tried to reimagine masculinity, in a hyper-realised, childish, desperate way. A new kind of machismo, built on fake bravado and vanity. British men are looking up to faux-hawked, peacocking, rich maniacs like Mario Balotelli for inspiration, because they really have nowhere else to look. I can't help but look at this emerging culture and wonder if they've basically retreated from a world that doesn't want the young British male any more.

Not just hating on muscle milk...

tweet me or check my blog

If you take the attitude of the writer out of it and look at it dispassionately, it's an interesting article, I think.

Guys are giving young girls what they want to get what they want. It's interesting to consider how that has changed.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Article author:

[Image: tumblr_m9pt64AE4Y1r5hegpo3_1280.jpg]

As, I think j r said, when you want to get to the bottom, get to the bottom.

How come we don't see "bros" write hateful articles about how all the pasty skinny guys are getting all the plum graduate student and hipster journalist positions?

^^ Wow a strong breeze knocks that guy over.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Quote: (03-13-2014 11:39 AM)Menace Wrote:  

Article author:

[Image: tumblr_m9pt64AE4Y1r5hegpo3_1280.jpg]

As, I think j r said, when you want to get to the bottom, get to the bottom.

How come we don't see "bros" write hateful articles about how all the pasty skinny guys are getting all the plum graduate student and hipster journalist positions?

Harry Potter writes for Vice?

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Vice UK seems a lot worse than Vice Australia, having had exposure to both.

Vice UK is much more prolific in releasing articles, one a day maybe ?, seems to have no editorial team or quality control and mostly consists of rants.

Vice Australia was just more chilled out and focused on drugs, sex, music and weird subcultures. Harder to hate when it sticks to its niche and leaves mainstream society alone.

Quote: (03-13-2014 12:32 PM)Que enspastic Wrote:  

Vice Australia was just more chilled out and focused on drugs, sex, music and weird subcultures. Harder to hate when it sticks to its niche and leaves mainstream society alone.

Yeah, when Vice post about those subjects they're usually good. I think it's because it's always a positive, interested vibe, not snarky judgmental shit

Seriously, "Vice" should just change its name to "Whine."

Because that's all they do.

Read my Latest at Return of Kings: 11 Lessons in Leadership from Julius Caesar
My Blog | Twitter

Every day you make attempts at self improvement. It's called manhood. These feminized half a homos offend me by their very existence.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

I believe this is the same guy who followed "The Showstopper" around. You can see what an emasculated wimp this guy is live and in person.

What is hench?

^ UK term for a solid muscle build.

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...

Sounds to me he is just pissed that these 'douches' get laid more than him,,and probably better quality tail. Doesn't seem to have a problem with these men. http://www.vice.com/en_uk/Fringes/nest-of-giants

Sounds to me he is just pissed that these 'douches' get laid more than him,,and probably better quality tail. Doesn't seem to have a problem with these men. http://www.vice.com/en_uk/Fringes/nest-of-giants

It's funny, because you could probably write an interesting article about douchebag culture. Unfortunately this it ain't. This guy can't do good journalism, because he is intent on seeing this entire issue reflected through his own identity. He can't just write about doichebags. He has to write about how douchebags threaten him.

The is par for the course with journalism these days. Actual shoe leather reporting and long form essay writing is waning and this sort of self-centered amateur-hour blogging is all the rage.

Vice has an eye for interesting subjects but it loooves to be ironic.
That said, this video series was not terrible, even if it was played for laughs:

"The woman most eager to jump out of her petticoat to assert her rights is the first to jump back into it when threatened with a switching for misusing them,"
-Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

As others have said, Vice used to be about sex, weird and dangerous stuff in a cool way. I think they have found that being whining hipsters actually gets more clicks. That's the sad thing about modern journalism. It does reflect what people will click on - there are a lot more people who will click on an article saying "what's up with all of these gym douches" than "here's how to cycle your supps". That's just the way it is.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Butthurt bitter tone, but can't say I disagree with much. Most of these kids look ridiculous, as if they're wearing a veneer of alpha. As Rollo always says, alpha is not a demographic.

He seems to view going to the gym, particularly bodybuilding, as a negative though, which I certainly don't agree with. He was probably shit at sport at school or something.

New to the UK, but my opinion so far is that London girls (with their smashed up faces and 300 kilos of makeup) aren't worth a single workout session or new shirt. They're not worth the spare change I'd spend on condoms to ensure I don't go home to America one day with some strain of euro-clap.

As far as males go, walk into any club, and you see every guy wearing the exact same thing. Saying the exact same shit, to girls who equally look the exact fucking same. It's an endless cycle with neither side realizing how completely fucking retarded they look, unless you stay on the outside of it and consider yourself, walking into a club, to be outside of it. My one issue with the manosphere is that there's too much emphasis on becoming a douche clone rather than an enriched individual with life experience.

You want quality poon, be an individual and stop pulling club rats. Quality makes you a man in my book, quantity doesn't.

I actually really like Vice, they do some pretty cool wierd documentaries liike the columbian donkey fuckers lol, if you havn't seen that gotta check it out its on youtube. They do some pretty good stories overall but I don't really like the liberal spinthey put on a lot of the vice news stuff.