rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

'Biggest Loser': Uproar as winner appears 'too thin' at 105 pounds

Apparently, she lost too much weight, how dare her.

tl;dr - Fat woman loses 60% of body weight, wins biggest loser and people complain about it.

[Image: 0b01fe89fbebf856d27a536b0e6a5df8.jpg?itok=lKWipl8J]

Quote:Quote:

Rachel Frederickson, 24, of Los Angeles won the Season 15 title of "The Biggest Loser" and the $250,000 grand prize, but promptly sparked criticism from viewers who say the show went too far by allowing the former competitive swimmer to diet her way down to 105 pounds.

Frederickson started the competition at 260 pounds and lost 155 pounds, or 59.62% of her body weight.

When the voice-over artist first walked on stage at the finale of NBC's reality weight-loss TV show, she did so to oohs and ahhs. She was wearing a diaphanous silver dress that skimmed her new figure and all but signaled that victory would soon be hers.

But as she came into sharper view, it was clear that Frederickson was dramatically thinner than the last time viewers saw her, winning "The Biggest Loser" triathlon.

The cameras turned to trainers Bob Harper and Jillian Michael, who seemed to be clapping in slow motion as they looked her over, their eyes appearing to reflect surprise at her appearance. (See the third image in the photo gallery above, a TV screen grab that is making the rounds on social media.)

Frederickson came into the show with a heartbreaking backstory. She was a competitive high school swimmer who gave up a full college scholarship to follow her boyfriend to Europe. The relationship ended, and Frederickson came home full of regrets and ate to tamp down her sorrows.

She said she gained more than 100 pounds and had trouble recognizing herself in the mirror.

Earlier in the season, Frederickson said that winning the show would allow her to reclaim the champion within and embrace an empowered new future. Week after week in the weight-loss competition, she proved what a fierce competitor she was and was all but destined for a spot in the finale.

Frederickson is slated to speak to the media Wednesday morning during a conference call, and will no doubt be asked about her weight.

Regardless, the finale is sure to add fuel to the show's critics who question the safety of the measures it uses and the ethics of grueling weight-loss regimens as entertainment.

In the meantime, many viewers have taken to Twitter to express their fears that Frederickson has become too thin, and to call on the show and the network to address concerns that the weight loss was too extreme: (I couldn't get the tweets to load)

Not everyone agreed, however, as some social media pundits noted that Frederickson was in it to win the game and will now be able to put a little weight back on, as many past contestants have done. Still others praised her transformation.

Debate over Frederickson's appearance seems to have overshadowed -- at least for the moment -- the stellar transformations of many of the other competitors, including "American Idol" winner Ruben Studdard, who took to the stage to show off his sleek new physique and his new single. (He lost 119 pounds, or 25.76% of his body weight.)

Other top performers included David Brown and Bobby Saleem, the two finalists vying with Frederickson for the top prize. They lost 54.28% and 52.51% of their body weight, respectively, far less than Frederickson. The winner of the at-home prize was Tumi Oguntala, 41, of New York, who started the show at 319 pounds and lost 175 pounds, or 54.86% of her body weight, to end the show at 144 pounds.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

the real test is whether or not she can keep it off. but props to her for losing so much weight

Quote: (02-06-2014 01:29 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

She was a competitive high school swimmer who gave up a full college scholarship to follow her boyfriend to Europe. The relationship ended, and Frederickson came home full of regrets and ate to tamp down her sorrows.

Hamster translation: Frederickson threw away her future, so that she could move to Europe and in order to keep getting the alpha D. Having stopped training in the pool every day, she began to gain weight and her boyfriend dumped her to move on to thinner, more attractive women who he had already secretly been banging on the side.

Frederickson returned home, where she did nothing but mope around the house and eat. With her weight already on its way up in Europe, the sedentary lifestyle she fell into caused her weight gain to skyrocked, forcing her to attention whore on a television show.

I'm the King of Beijing!

She does look a little gaunt, but then, fighters have that same drawn out look when they've cut weight for the weigh in. Just hours later when it's fight time, they look much more healthy.

If you stood to win a quarter of a million dollars, I'm sure you'd do all in your power to cut as much weight as possible for the weigh in too, but it's just temporary. I think she'd look very good the day after the weigh-in, when she's back at a stable weight.

Still looks like shit.

Quote: (02-07-2014 08:51 AM)germanico Wrote:  

Still looks like shit.

Oh come on.

[Image: wouldbang.gif]

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

She'll look good when she rehydrates and comes back up to a normal weight.

[Image: 1781672_1459775874243983_43925443_o.jpg]

She does look a wee bit too thin. Emaciated is the word.

A little extra water weight would do her well.

Agree with that frenchie. Probably when she gets out of the limelight and relaxes a bit on the diet & exercise, she'll bounce right to where she should be. She could use about 5-10 lbs on her frame, but she's WAY closer to ideal weight than before. She was carrying around an extra chick in her gut and thighs. Those calves! Fuck, she's literally the size of a linebacker. Girl on the left I wouldn't even notice if I saw her on the street. Girl on the right would definitely get an approach.

What's wrong with you people? Judging a woman by her looks...

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Quote: (02-06-2014 08:57 PM)Vroom Wrote:  

She does look a little gaunt, but then, fighters have that same drawn out look when they've cut weight for the weigh in. Just hours later when it's fight time, they look much more healthy.

If you stood to win a quarter of a million dollars, I'm sure you'd do all in your power to cut as much weight as possible for the weigh in too, but it's just temporary. I think she'd look very good the day after the weigh-in, when she's back at a stable weight.

Some chicks online that are trainers/fitness competitors are saying it looks like she has been water cutting and/or using diuretics ...like boxers do...which is smart! Her weight loss determined her $250k, I would be on all sorts of drugs and cutting the week before I had a weigh in worth that much money.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Time to hit the squat rack and the protein shakes. Girl looks much better and it's much easier to correct 'too skinny', but the work's not done yet.

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.