rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Facebook deleted my entire account

This post got the attention last night of a large FB group:

http://www.returnofkings.com/26422/how-w...en-to-rape

The Return Of Kings "talking about this" statistic went from a usual 200 to about 1000. My RooshV blog page also saw higher visits.

Today I logged in and Facebook asked me if I wanted to remove the "offensive" post.

[Image: kGiawf3.png]

I chose not to remove it (this is actually the second time I was asked). Then one hour later, everything was gone, including my personal account.

http://facebook.com/uncleroosh
http://facebook.com/ReturnOfKings

[Image: lolwtf.gif]

I've already received many suspensions so I can't say I'm surprised.

Facebook has a right to do whatever they want, but my concern is this:

1. Witch hunts by large groups can silence those who they disagree with by abusing the mass report function.

2. Why would webmaster or business owner commit so much time building his facebook page if it can be canned so easily?

Relevant:

Facebook, the cudgel of tyranny. I'm not surprised at all. My condolences and rest assured that people will still be direct mailing your articles because they find them useful or insightful. At least that's how I get the majority of my visitors.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

I take one look at Zuckerberg's wife and it all makes sense.

If you got kicked off FB you should be proud.

According to Princeton researchers, the consequences should be short lived:

Facebook like an infectious disease, will lose 80 percent of users, says Princeton study (NBC)

Epidemiological modeling of online social network dynamics (Original paper)

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

What if you paid Facebook? Not saying you should...but I wonder what their price is for keeping it on there.

Not really a surprise, but I think you should still fight them. Appeal the suspension, have other users write to Facebook pointing out that there is nothing "abusive" about any of the posts.

They may not reverse it, but I think it's good practice to fight these things at every step. Don't make anything easy for them.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

I've had somewhere around 75 accounts banned from Facebook. Not personal accounts, but advertising accounts. Most of the time they don't even give you a reason why you've been banned. However, sometimes if you appeal the case several times they'll unban your account. It's always been completely random when one of my accounts was unbanned. Worst case you can call them up and ask to unban you.

Damn, that's messed up.

'Although we respect everyone's choice to share things that are important to them' Right...

These tech social media companies have all been created by beta, white knight PC nerds who never got a whiff of pussy through high school or college. Google, Facebook, etc all the same. Fuck them. At least FB's business model is looking like it will run out in the near future.

The fact that this post is what got your facebook deleted is infuriating. Like the post states, "It’s so common, Louis CK has a standup routine about it:" The article isn't negative, in fact its about boundaries, and safe sex. It is defending the feminist phrase "no means no" and attempting to retain its sanctity. If anything this post is protecting women. But it's protecting men also, so maybe that's why it was canned.

edit: upon further reflection, maybe it was a problem because it implied that women can/will change their mind after the fact if it is to their social advantage. Too red pill maybe.

I cannot say that I am surprised one bit. Everyone around me talks about how America is a free country but is it really not among the most unfree? Think about it - you probably won't get arrested for what you say but your personal life will be made miserable. Everyone is expected to comply to a certain set of unwritten cultural rules and those who don't are punished severely for it. If you have the balls to think for yourself, you will lose your job and the corporations which run America will try to destroy you.

On the surface, its not such a big deal. After all, more and more people aren't fans of Facebook. Once you dig in a bit, it is a symptom of societal illness. This would have been unthinkable a mere two years ago and yet it happened today to no one's surprise. The worst thing is without your special 'red-pill sunglasses', you can't see the reality of the situation. I sincerely hope that America once again becomes a country where intellectual conversation is encouraged and not derided and free speech is valued higher than a few degenerates' 'feelings'.

Quote: (01-30-2014 11:38 AM)Fox McCloud Wrote:  

The fact that this post is what got your facebook deleted is infuriating. Like the post states, "It’s so common, Louis CK has a standup routine about it:" The article isn't negative, in fact its about boundaries, and safe sex. It is defending the feminist phrase "no means no" and attempting to retain its sanctity. If anything this post is protecting women. But it's protecting men also, so maybe that's why it was canned.

edit: upon further reflection, maybe it was a problem because it implied that women can/will change their mind after the fact if it is to their social advantage. Too red pill maybe.

Still, the article states very clearly that NO really means NO and that it should stay that way. The only goal it lists is preventing rape (first of women, then of men when they are sent to prison over NO's weakened signal). It's pure perfidy.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

What a surprise . From the outfit that has Sheryl "Lean In" Sandberg as their COO.

You can always count on hypersensitive broads to tear down that which men created and built.

God forbid a woman should feel unnncccooommmfffooorrrtaaable. It must not exist!

Take care of those titties for me.

Aw man! What asshole wrote something so offensive it got the whole ROK facebook page banned? Seriously, fuck that guy.

Wait... Woops. Hehe.

If I was a feminist, I'd complain that I thought facebook was a safe space to post about my experience being sexually assaulted (see the paragraph that begins "Furthermore, this woman enacted a rape fantasy on me without my consent.") and accuses facebook of promoting rape culture.

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

Honestly, who gives a shit about Facebook anymore? I bet if you could isolate user activity by sex, it would be 80+% female at this point. Facebook has become a female-dominated space. There's little benefit to having the Roosh and ROK brand there, especially since they've now demonstrated they will ban your accounts just because others don't like them (and again, the fact that this happens is a testament to Facebook being a female-dominated space. Such mob censorship simply does not happen in male-dominated spaces).

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Quote: (01-30-2014 11:53 AM)runsonmagic Wrote:  

If I was a feminist, I'd complain that I thought facebook was a safe space to post about my experience being sexually assaulted (see the paragraph that begins "Furthermore, this woman enacted a rape fantasy on me without my consent.") and accuses facebook of promoting rape culture.

Man, you should totally do that. Turn the tables on these fuckers. Slam FB for promoting rape culture (both because of this and because it suppressed the "NO ALWAYS MEANS NO" message) from a blog anywhere (it can be RoK too) and watch it go viral on all other channels in the world even if Facebook bans that specific url.

Worst case: you join the heap of articles criticising FB that don't affect it all.
Best case: you cause a shitstorm that causes FB to lose major users or receive so much criticism that it relents or apologises

There is nothing to lose.

The scary (but unsurprising) thing is that @runsonmagic's article was totally reasonable and not the least bit offensive even by feminist's ludicrous standards (awesome article @runsonmagic).

In fact, several commenters even stated that while they generally write off ROK posts, this one got them thinking. They even thanked him.

I'm betting it's the title that caused the uproar and subsequent reporting because if you read the thing I don't see how you can possibly get your panties in a wad.

Roosh, why did you choose not to remove the post?

I ask because if you removed posts that got reported you'd still be able to attract a lot of attention and visitors to ROK. As long as you're playing in a world where they make the rules you can't win anyway. Might as well get whatever mileage you can out of such a powerful platform, no?

Recreate the accounts?

Quote: (01-30-2014 11:58 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

Quote: (01-30-2014 11:53 AM)runsonmagic Wrote:  

Man, you should totally do that. Turn the tables on these fuckers. Slam FB for promoting rape culture (both because of this and because it suppressed the "NO ALWAYS MEANS NO" message) from a blog anywhere (it can be RoK too) and watch it go viral on all other channels in the world even if Facebook bans that specific url.

Worst case: you join the heap of articles criticising FB that don't affect it all.
Best case: you cause a shitstorm that causes FB to lose major users or receive so much criticism that it relents or apologises

There is nothing to lose.

The reason it was banned is because unlike men who really don't care what get's posted, Women complain in huge numbers and FB takes notice. We should be using this same method to protest feminist articles and get them banned. All we'd have to do is list up the article's/posters we find offensive, post them up here and all Rooshvites can login and get the offending landwhales account banned...Can you imagine the rage over that? ....lots of popcorn willbe required...

They didn't even read the article and just looked at the headline where it says "train men to rape" and then was flagged.

Not really surprised given the changes they are making to their operations. If you listened to the cc last night you'll realize they don't give a shit about accounts like ROK because it doesn't help them grow.

Facebook is basically trying to 1) increase accounts linked to real people and 2) price out affiliates with high click through conversions with Branders

That aside, if Roosh is not gettin traffic from FB then it doesn't matter. If so not sure if he wants to just call them up to explain, that's more of a personal choice for him though.

Quote: (01-30-2014 11:54 AM)scorpion Wrote:  

Honestly, who gives a shit about Facebook anymore?

I travel a lot and the only way of contacting people in other countries is through Facebook. I think while western people may be getting tired of Facebook, some countries are just getting introduced to it. Japan recently switched from Mixi to FB and everything still seems exciting and fresh to them.

I've wanted to get off Facebook but i cant find a realistic alternative. I thought about the countries I visited when I didn't have Facebook and all the people I'll never be able to get in touch with.

I hardly use my account anymore, I just keep it as a contact list.

I'm not that tech savvy but someone could start up a social media site that you're free to post anything. No report button, thumbs down type button, no banning. If you can't handle what the world offers....you're free to log off. Oh wait, RoK is kinda like that!

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

^ you mean twitter lol.

I think you have a chance to appeal this decision. If you insist enough and write them enough the case might go up the hierarchy process and end up in the hands of someone who gets laid.

Oh Hahaha. Like I said I'm not technology savvy, I don't use a lot of social media. Never mind then.

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

Man, that's fucked up they took down your personal account as well. You probably had a ton of people you met from your travels over the years who you at least followed developments about on there. FB is one of the easiest ways - if not the easiest- to keep in touch with contacts spread around the world. The messenger app in particular is very convenient. Vast majority of people now use FB messenger to access the site from their smartphones.

I'm also sure a good deal of traffic to your sites was generated from FB leads as well. I noticed a few FB contacts of mine that aren't into game had followed your blog on FB just from the articles they saw me "like."

I think FB was fair in this case in that they gave you an opportunity to remove the post, which I think would have kept your accounts in tact had you chose to do so. If you take a step back and look at the headline, it's extremely provocative in the context of mainstream culture, and can easily incense someone to where they feel compelled to report it without even reading it. In mainstream culture, rape is a very serious and emotive topic that is regularly brought up in the media, so I can only imagine how much FB was bombarded with petitions to take down your account. They do have a TOS page that explains their policy with situations like this. I'm just surprised they went after multiple accounts, not just the one where the post in question appeared.